Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
My only problem with the game right now is the giant open-world section, I also like the inclusion of open world, but I believe DPC needs to tame himself in that regard (From his latest dev journal entery, he understand that he jumped over his head in episode 9 with the open world). and his new 4090 is already up to the task.
why do you think he has rtx 4090 working for him?

He never said that. And so far... if he got new hardware, he always communicated it.

So as far as it is now... he doesnt have upgraded his hardware in a mentionable way... and of course getting a 4090 with 24 ram would be mentionable cause they are more than twice as fast in rendering than his old hardware.

Or do you know more here? Would be interesting how so...

HHHHHH0220

Jan 20, 2023
THE GAME IS CRASHING AT THE START, PLEAS DO HELP ME WITH THIS TRACEBACK ISSUE

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Sun Jan 15 23:15:57 2023

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
What interest has the MC actually shown in her until that moment? List it and ask yourself if, were you in Jill's place, would that be all it takes to make you think that's a person you want to be your partner for life?
If I were in Jill's shoes I would use common sense and talk to the person I'm interested in about how we could continue going out so we can get to know each other a little better.

Jill is a naive romantic. If you want someone who is down to Earth then you're simply chasing a completely wrong person.
Dude, stop.
Jill is just stupid, nobody is that naive. It gets to be comical not to say ridiculous.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
I believe that Tybalt like Jade and Stephen is beyond redemption. I don't see him getting on good terms with Jill again or becoming friends with the MC or Isabella.
Yeah i guess remains to be seen, he doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities and is always portrayed as arrogant and selfish, paying no mind to others and see his own interest, never saw him doing something considered morally good at all.

Maybe he will realize that what he does isn't very nice and change his ways, now i'm wondering if he knows anything about his father being a corrupted crook, doing all the nasty shit

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Jill's attitude towards you helping a sick friend was pretty petty and mediocre. My morals don't allow me to leave Sage sick and alone while I have a crappy picnic with Jill.
Good thing Scrappy comes to rescue us all with his mod, allowing us to make tea, put wieners on her forehead and then go to picnic. All happy. I do not like to use this kind of bypass but here it is highly appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Yeah i guess remains to be seen, he doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities and is always portrayed as arrogant and selfish, paying no mind to others and see his own interest, never saw him doing something considered morally good at all.

Maybe he will realize that what he does isn't very nice and change his ways, now i'm wondering if he knows anything about his father being a corrupted crook, doing all the nasty shit
Probably not and even Jade doesn't know. I don't think Jade is aware of the prostitution ring her husband is involved in.

Reactions: cuterabbit

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

The worst thing about Tybalt is his level of delusion. Like he really thinks that he really is Richie Rich and not Little Orphan Annie. His overcompensation for being adopted is off the chain and out of control. It doesn't really help that both of his parents are malignant narcissists that treat everyone in their lives as playthings. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Jade breastfed him until he was 13 even though she wasn't lactating.

John Ness

Feb 23, 2021
Come on guys, another argument over this damn picnic. If the girl you like chooses another "friend" to spend time with, is she still interesting to you? Of course not, no one likes the friend zone. Same with Jill and that damned picnic.
bvkvh.jpg

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
So you showed interested towards her on everything untill that moment. But the one single moment you chose to go help a friend, because she asked you to come over and you went, you suddenly are the person who doesn't show much interest in her. lol. It is petty and sad even. Sensible would be understanding MC going to help a or cheer up a sick friend.
I love those double standards....

So you fucked around with sage (otherwise you dont get the hangout with her anyways) and ditched Jill to go take care of Sage...

And it doesnt cross your mind that Jill maybe sensed that Sage means more to you/the mc than her? and blame her afterwards for breaking up? oO And btw, there is no such selfish thing in life than love... the girl you love has to be ALWAYS fucking number one, otherwise you disappoint her... if she tells you otherwise, she is a liar. That how it goes... and of course, guys are nothing different. If a girl you want to be with, dithced you for whatever reason, you are for sure not "fine" with it... and no, taking care of antoher girl cause she has a little cold, is for sure not a very good reason...

Its so easy to see it out of Jills view... until this very point in ep 6. Jill and the MC didnt do that much together... they talked a bit, had a tennis date, which btw was a little weird cause MC told her the thing with Josy at this very date... so getting "serious" was out of the question anyways here.

After that Tennis date nothing meaningful happened with Jill... a little chat here and there... maybe a little makeout at Bellas, thats it... but on top of it, the incident at the prep mansion happened.

So overall, the MC is walking on thin ice anyways.... She went on a date with Rusty once, and learned that he wasnt really a honest guy back than. And now there are multiple hints that the MC might not be that a good guy and she has doubts all over the place regardless. And now instead of going with her to that special picnic date that she only made for him for his birthday... you decide the MC should look after some running nose. And you forget, on this very picnic the MC tells her how he feels towards her for the first time... without this happening, WHY should Jill take the risk and get serious with him? There is just no reason. Cause if you dont have the picnic with her... not many things are bringing them together. And by far not enough to trust the MC that much to give him her virginity on top of that.

Of course, HOW DPC did the branching here was not very good... but overall the decision of Jill makes PERFECT sense out of her view. It doesnt matter one bit if Sage got a cold or not... until that point the MC didnt showed that much that he cared for Jill...

To get together with a girl (much more so if it is a romantic girl like jill) jo need SOME things that connects... to create them, you need special moments, dates, whatssoever... this HUGE special moment was created at that picnic, without it... no special moment... so no Jill in the end... makes sense right?

No?

Hey, ever watched back to the future? If they dont go to the dance... they dont kiss... if they dont kiss... no marty mcfly... EXACTLY the same thing here. The reason why doesnt matter, the moment doesnt happen, so no fucking, and no Marty mcfly...

You dont create that special moment with Jill... no fucking Jill, thats it... it doesnt matter if Sage is sick or is sitting on a volcano that is about to break out... its all about creating THAT special moment, and there is only that one chance to do so...

I would have prefered it if DPC didnt created that decision with including a sick Sage... but well... it is what it is...

but other than that... i cant here the complaining anymore... "oooooh i fucked Sage all the time while i wanted a serious relationship with Jill, and now she rejected me cause i didnt went on picnic with her" come on... get real. And she doesnt even say it like that... it is never spoken out by Jill like this, its only the variable in the code that reveals the fact that this very point in the game is the "trigger" for this very branch... that has just NOTHING to do with characterization. my oh my...

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
The main problem here is just inadequate consequences to made decision. Dropping by to Sage, making her tea etc would take like 10 minutes and should not be considered as choice between spending time with her or Jill. If you are not on Sage path, you will stay there any longer than that.

Reactions: ffive

HHHHHH0220

Jan 20, 2023
THE GAME IS CRASHING AT THE START, PLEASE DO HELP ME WITH THIS TRACEBACK ISSUE

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
The main problem here is just inadequate consequences to made decision. Dropping by to Sage, making her tea etc would take like 10 minutes and should not be considered as choice between spending time with her or Jill. If you are not on Sage path, you will stay there any longer than that.
Yeah a user already explained that DPC made the branching poorly because the meaning behind this choices and the way they make impact doesn't make much sense.

You can take care of Sage and also meet Jill because it doesn't take too long to do that, and Jill shouldn't act like a doomer just because MC couldn't came to picnic, it's not like everything should resolve around that specific picnic which DPC has shown.

It was just poorly thought and made.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Do you guys think that the dormies will also become side girls (not referring to side chicks) I think Tara, Becky, girl who dances topless will become the new side chicks. I am not sure about Gina, she doesn't seem interested in MC.

Reactions: Hawke84

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I may be under the Mandela effect, but it's possible to take care of Sage even if you've never had sex with her.
yeah and of course you hangout with Sage if you dont fuck her if you are on Jills path right? Well, i apologize for this little mistake, yep you can get the hangout regardless... but get real... not even 1% of the players will go there if they are on Jills path too IF they dont fuck Sage sideways. And btw... if youre not on Jills path, you cant pick between them anyways cause Jill will not come, so my sentence still stands.

This very discussion is ALWAYS going on for playthroughs where you go for Jill AND Sage... and this is just the double standard... nobody here complains about this cause he went for Jill solo and was rejected... dont get ridiculous.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes