c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
So a more technical question? Is there a way to extract a file and see a character's dialogue? For example I want to read some of Jill's dialogues for some very specific scenarios and they are pretty far into the game and I don't care to do a whole playthrough just for that.
On a similar note, can you extract a character's renders? Like all of them that are used in the game?
Not sure about the text, but you can get the images by running the attached script from the game folder (where the exe is) and picking 8.
1679145324721.png

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Now you are right.:ROFLMAO:
I'm always Right dude, even when I'm wrong which is rare:p :ROFLMAO:.

There 3 time when I was "wrong"

1,- Back in the days, my debate with Holly B, about Jill being Virgin. I was right, up until it was revealed in episode 7 that she is Virgin. But We all know originally she was not, DPC just catered to the Jill simps, who started to freak out by the possibility that Rusty might have Fucked her, so he changed that. - so in short I was Right:p

2, - The famous "anal preview picture from episode 8" - Which I assumed it was Josy, but it was not. However, We all know it was Her, DPC just changed that to Fuck with me, - so Yet again I was Right.:ROFLMAO:

3, - And When I assumed that the conversation between MC and Sage, when he bitching about that he doesn't want to be a Rebound Guy, happend in every path. Turn out it's only happens on the Fuck Buddy path. But since the Fuck Buddy path is the canon path and the only path anyway, I was yet again Right. :ROFLMAO:

See? I'm Always Right. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
No, I have not. That's why I asked.:D
The scene is real, but I rewrote the dialogue for laughs. No matter the affinity, MC was shocked to learn about Sage's family and his erection was gone, he couldn't relax.
This scene is the same flashback that occurs during conversation with Derek in the bar after the first free roam.
Sage tried to make things comfortable and calm him down by talking about her family but was freaked out when MC asked about Sage's biological mother. For some reason this is a red line for her, another reflection for theories.
But during the party and final scene, everything is fine between them.

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

xummu

Mar 16, 2020
Not sure about the text, but you can get the images by running the attached script from the game folder (where the exe is) and picking 8.
View attachment 2477270
RPA is the archive where the game files are, you can delete them after Unren finishes extracting.

The game will continue to work without the RPA files.
Hmm so the extraction seems to not work? After pressing 8 and Enter it searches for RPA packages for a few seconds and then a big list appears and every single entry has a "Decompilation of 1 file failed"

xummu

Mar 16, 2020
View attachment 2477270
RPA is the archive where the game files are, you can delete them after Unren finishes extracting.

The game will continue to work without the RPA files.
Actually nevermind I'm dumb. I found the images inside the "game" folder.

Reactions: TREXrg

kire37

Dec 5, 2019
You can go with 0.8.1 if you want, you dont ahve to change that, 0.8.1 conmcludes season 1 and two, and this will forever be the case.

Yeah there are some bugfixes in 0.8.3 but honestly? those bugs never occured in a playthrough for me, or i never noticed. They are minor bugs anyways i think.

Nearly every complain about "bugs" or problems around here are due to used cheats and mods. So no you dont need 0.8.3.

But the major changes were about the music... i love the music in 0.8.1 and yeah the changes in 0.8.3 are a set back... so i went with 0.8.1 a while. Recently i used 0.8.3 to create new playthroughs though, and i must say... since season 3 uses the same music and more like 0.8.3 its kinda a better fit overall. If i play it with the old music there is a little bit of a "cut" between season 2 and 3 that feels odd around the soundtrack. But that is just me... so yeah after some time getting used to it, i prefer playing season 1+2 with version 0.8.3 now.

Anyways, you can use 0.8.1 in the future, no problems here, and for the interlude and season 3 you always have to import the save out of season 2 which you have to make at the end of it. This is the way to go now, and will not change anymore i think.

If you prefer the music out of 0.8.1, you can stick with it... if not, you can savely use 0.8.3 without losing anything. You dont have to worry if 0.8.1 or 0.8.3 saves will work with season 3, they do, and will so in the future. That is, if you didnt use any mods...
thanks for the input !

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
So a more technical question? Is there a way to extract a file and see a character's dialogue? For example I want to read some of Jill's dialogues for some very specific scenarios and they are pretty far into the game and I don't care to do a whole playthrough just for that.
On a similar note, can you extract a character's renders? Like all of them that are used in the game?
I do not know if you have also got the script .rpy files along with the images after running the batch file that c.mork attached to his post. These .rpy files contain all the dialogues present in the game. Look if you have these files somewhere inside of the 'game' subfolder in your game directory.

(For seasons 1 and 2)
update8.rpy
update7.rpy
update6.rpy
etc.

(For season 3)
update9.rpy
ep9_freeroam_ph1_events.rpy
ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpy
etc.

If you have them, then you are good to go. The contents of these .rpy can be seen (and edited) with the text editor of your choice (Windows' integrated notepad will do, for instance).

Anyway, it is good practice to either make a backup of your game directory before using unren or make a copy of your game directory and then use unren only with this copy of your game directory you just made. This way, you can always roll back in the case something goes wrong.

Finally, if you cannot find those .rpy files, then you'll have to run the batch file again. This time choose first option #1 and then the #2.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TREXrg and xummu

xummu

Mar 16, 2020
I do not know if you have also got the script .rpy files along with the images after running the batch file that c.mork attached to his post. These .rpy files contain all the dialogues present in the game. Look if you have these files somewhere inside of the 'game' subfolder in your game directory.

(For seasons 1 and 2)
update8.rpy
update7.rpy
update6.rpy
etc.

(For season 3)
update9.rpy
ep9_freeroam_ph1_events.rpy
ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpy
etc.

If you have them, then you are good to go. The contents of these .rpy can be seen (and edited) with the text editor of your choice (Windows' integrated notepad will do, for instance).

Anyway, it is good practice to either make a backup of your game directory before using unren or make a copy of your game directory and then use unren only with this copy of your game directory you just made. This way, you can always roll back in the case something goes wrong.

Finally, if you cannot find those .rpy files, then you'll have to run the batch file again. This time choose first option #1 and then the #2.
Oh hell yeah! It did extract them with the #8 option. Time to study those files! One more question: what is the difference between .rpyc and .rpy files?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
No, I don't think so Josy would have dropped Maya. Josy also said to the MC in the bathroom that maybe it was a mistake and that she makes mistakes. Then the MC called himself a mistake and was pissed.

Yes Maya said in EP3 so they were about to break up but were not broken up. But why? Josy couldn't text Maya back for a week because Pete took her phone away. Maya thought so Josy ghosted her. Kind of reminds me of the interlude and Zoey and the MC situation. But the difference is so it was much longer than a week with Zoey and the MC where Zoey didn't answer the MC.

Strange. In EP8 with me it says so things are better but that they need to keep working on it or something like that. With me, Josy feels safe having sex for the first time in EP7 with the MC. She even said it to the MC.

Also, one thing should not be ignored. In EP8, the MC can tell Josy so he got Chad and Troy. This is how we find out what a beard is. Well Chad is gay or BI and used Sage as a beard. Maya doesn't know what she is yet and is experimenting with the MC. Josy is BI. What if the MC secretly became the beard for Josy and/or Maya? Josy said to MC so she hopes Chad is at least Bi because otherwise he would have just used Sage. I think so that could happen on Josy and Maya's boyfriend path with the MC.

The drinking game is probably deciding if there will be a breakup between Josy and Maya. In EP8, JB mentions so he thinks the MC is a player. Indeed, the questions are strange, but there is a way through this maze. If the questions are too provocative, they will lead to separation.
I really think the beard thing doesn't mean anything but for Chad, Troy and poor Sage . Josy and Maya was close to breaking up before Pete took Josy phone things where bad with them before we meet them. I could be wrong but when I play from the start it feels like Josy is willing to leave maya or at least thinking about it of course it isn't that easy but thats the feeling I get.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x
Sep 9, 2021
I enjoyed seeing the halloween-decorated mansion in full 3D, it gave me an immersive feeling that the place really exists, as did the animation before the third act of the party.
But the first one with Bella's door is completely incomprehensible. What is its meaning? Is this a hint, a teaser for the events of Season 3 or a flashback? While contradictory, I'm not sure whether it was worth spending resources on this.
Yeah I agree.

It's kind of bitchy ? Right , While playing one of the best Adult VN and not supporting dev financial. They always find something wrong and annoyed from.

Yes, We have to be critical of products we are enjoying and girv right criticism on weak points to make it better.

But they are like " I have click to much in this episode, the animations are unnecessary and DIK / Chick system is or choices system are shitty and on and on.

While they don't think In party episode, depending on paths, events and choices there will be too much to render So click and execute an event was one of the best option.

Obviously DCP loves the game so he made really good animations for the hyped episode.

I don't even want to go dik/Chick path and choies, impacts, events and necessity for MC character build up . . .

Like me I hate Jill and maya characters but i understand their necessity for game and how much important they are and why these characters are these way . So DCP can satisfy every player need.

While I speak ile about those character, doesn't mean I hate game but some people are just throwing shit on game.

Sometimes i think people are just really ungrateful

Starrky

Nov 20, 2021
Sages face when maya mentions zoey at the party has me wondering what type of drama could happen afterwards when shes mentioned in a normal setting instead of a fun party atmosphere

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I really think the beard thing doesn't mean anything but for Chad, Troy and poor Sage . Josy and Maya was close to breaking up before Pete took Josy phone things where bad with them before we meet them. I could be wrong but when I play from the start it feels like Josy is willing to leave maya or at least thinking about it of course it isn't that easy but thats the feeling I get.
Josy was about to move to her mother because she was not accepted to B&R. She was ready for a Fresh start.

Jan 31, 2023
Dalli thought exercise here:

I've noticed that you never get to read what Quinn is thinking, but you do get to read Josy's thoughts from time to time, I don't feel like doing a whole playthrough just to figure this out, so does anyone have a list or something of which characters who's thoughts you get to read and which characters you don't get to read the thoughts of.

I'm curious because it insinuates that there's something deeper going on that has to be hidden from the player for the time being, and I want to see if I can figure out which characters might be involved in it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes