felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Nah I respect your view. He does act like an idiot but then so does 99% of college kids anyway in RL. I think that is the whole point of him. He is portrayed as this person that acts like a child but is actually way smarter than the perception of him is.
but not with the constancy that Derek does... we've all done foolish things, but we've allowed ourselves a few breaks in between

He certainly hides his smarts very well

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
but not with the constancy that Derek does... we've all done foolish things, but we've allowed ourselves a few breaks in between

I call bullshit on the misunderstood genius shtick. Its only DPC saying it, through Maya, Cathy and Bella, but everything we are actually showed is that he is a moron. He is lucky that he is in the same story with Arieth and Dawe, but if at a later time DPC will try to pull a 'he was smart all along' I will call that what it is, bad writing.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I call bullshit on the misunderstood genius shtick. Its only DPC saying it, through Maya, Cathy and Bella, but everything we are actually showed is that he is a moron. He is lucky that he is in the same story with Arieth and Dawe, but if at a later time DPC will try to pull a 'he was smart all along' I will call that what it is, bad writing.
We will not know for sure how stupid he is until he either fails or makes the semester. Not so sure about Arieth tho. I am sure at least Derek knows the difference between soup and dog food

Reactions: NebulousShooter

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

View attachment 2493376
LOL! Derek's ridiculous t-shirts are back! I wonder why he wears them, gender studies are over already, or maybe he asks Wendy for a date? :unsure::D
It's not just T-shirts, it's not just a piece of clothing. This is a statement, manifest ! A message to the world. It's bold and highlights Derek's extraordinary personality. :cautious:
I am not a fan of that shirt.
Same here. I thought things like that were funny when I was still in puberty. Adults I met with such "fun shirts" always turned out to be very simply structured and not very complex. As if they had mentally stopped developing at the onset of puberty.
There are two different reasons people might hate the shirts. Your reason because its something silly that was cool back in the 90s and are corny as heck. Or the second reason is some people being offended by the messages. Your reason I don't mind it is true but being offended by the messages I couldn't care less about. Sick of woke idiots. In the end its a game and you also need to remember that the shirts Derek wears in the game is not new shirts. Its old shirts from his school days which he never got to wear.

The shirts were funny when Derek was wearing totally inappropriate, borderline misogynistic (depending on your definition) t-shirts during gender studies.

This shirt could be different (in that there is no specific context for it, at least right now we have no context), so it's just a standalone gag that in today's climate will be found offensive by people who find offense in everything.

People have been groomed by society to think this kind of thing is insulting to trans people, when in fact (and it is a fucking fact) there's nothing on that shirt that is offensive to trans people or anyone else; the shirt is just spring boarding from a current ism into an unrelated joke.

On the subject of Derek though, my thoughts: He's just a subjectively loveable goofball that DPC occasionally uses to showcase some of his own opinions (like that of debating radical feminism) in a way that they are not considered too aggressive.

Some of the idiocy of his actions are extreme (like shoving Tybalt's toothbrush up his ass, or a flying, naked fart incapacitating a security guard) and are really not meant to be anything but hilarious and not considered for too long. Mostly he's just comic relief.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I joining Derekposting.

I'll start with the parts that I don't like about his personality. Indeed, Derek's behavior is very often immature, even childish. He talks too much, which annoys MC, but already here there is a contradiction in his actions. Derek shares information selectively. He can tell the whole college that MC loves butts and that his ex came to the party. At the same time, he knows how to keep secrets. He keeps his sister's secret well and MCs triple relationship with M/J.
Hence, there is a theory that Derek is only pretending to be an idiot, or another that DPC specifically makes his behavior more idiotic for comedic effect.
Further. Derek's more serious problem is relationships with girls. Here he is really childish. And his theory, which Maya talks about, that "failure is the key to success," is not working. Because he doesn't draw conclusions from these failures and doesn't learn from his mistakes. Seriously, hitting on girl, talking about your problems with Ashley? Not one girl will like it when guys talk about exes and relationships with other girls - elementary psychology. This topic is a red flag, especially at the start.
Derek could do with getting more serious about this and doing less stupid things, because the pinnacle of his achievements will always be girls like Ashley or that girl from the Episode 4 prelude.
Oh yeah, he can always count on that granny who taught at B&R for 33 years. :KEK:
Moreover, he uses a terrible tactic of hitting on girl - to humiliate his friend in order to look spectacular. Very bad.

Reading all this, did you think this was going to be an anti-Derek post? And here it is not. His shortcomings are not so serious as to treat the character negatively, they are rather petty compared to the pluses. On the positive side:

Derek is a real bro and always supports you in difficult times. Remember when MC broked in Ep.1 because he is a snowflake and wanted to leave college? This is an important moment in the whole story, where Derek gave MC moral support.
454545.JPG
It's an important side of him - Derek doesn't take such things to heart. Quinn stole his clothes and DIKs pranks him - so what? This is a fun adventure for him.
Derek twice helps MC with housing when he has nowhere to go. The first time is canonical:
7878786.JPG
The second time is optional, but Derek accepts you anyway and helps you get through the M/J drama. Gives him an important break not to be such a snowflake and offers a way to distract himself.
Next, if Derek wins the Hell Week, which I think is a very rare option for most of us, he gives away the gift of a Pink Rose VIP pass to the mansion renovation fund, that's $10. A very noble act.
Derek volunteers at nursing home to earn more money for DIKs. I think I have listed enough actions that speak of him as a good person.
Yes, he has a total DIK affinity, he talks a lot, is not serious with girls, total madman, but he is a real BRO.
His pranks are insanely fun, as well as an antics with a security guard and a diversion in the preps mansion - the latter was incredibly cool. While I was typing this, shazba came with a good post and I agree with his words that Derek is an amazing comedic character - no one made me laugh like that, especially in the first season, including part of the second.

Based on all this, I put Derek at the top in my male BaDIK character list - the best bro with comedy relief since Stifler.
20220827013623_1.jpg
Perhaps I didn't indicate all of his good deeds, I'm not want to make the post too long, if anyone remembers something else, you can add.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I joining Derekposting.

I'll start with the parts that I don't like about his personality. Indeed, Derek's behavior is very often immature, even childish. He talks too much, which annoys MC, but already here there is a contradiction in his actions. Derek shares information selectively. He can tell the whole college that MC loves butts and that his ex came to the party. At the same time, he knows how to keep secrets. He keeps his sister's secret well and MCs triple relationship with M/J.
Hence, there is a theory that Derek is only pretending to be an idiot, or another that DPC specifically makes his behavior more idiotic for comedic effect.
Further. Derek's more serious problem is relationships with girls. Here he is really childish. And his theory, which Maya talks about, that "failure is the key to success," is not working. Because he doesn't draw conclusions from these failures and doesn't learn from his mistakes. Seriously, hitting on girl, talking about your problems with Ashley? Not one girl will like it when guys talk about exes and relationships with other girls - elementary psychology. This topic is a red flag, especially at the start.
Derek could do with getting more serious about this and doing less stupid things, because the pinnacle of his achievements will always be girls like Ashley or that girl from the Episode 4 prelude.
Oh yeah, he can always count on that granny who taught at B&R for 33 years. :KEK:
Moreover, he uses a terrible tactic of hitting on girl - to humiliate his friend in order to look spectacular. Very bad.

Reading all this, did you think this was going to be an anti-Derek post? And here it is not. His shortcomings are not so serious as to treat the character negatively, they are rather petty compared to the pluses. On the positive side:

Derek is a real bro and always supports you in difficult times. Remember when MC broked in Ep.1 because he is a snowflake and wanted to leave college? This is an important moment in the whole story, where Derek gave MC moral support.
View attachment 2494213
It's an important side of him - Derek doesn't take such things to heart. Quinn stole his clothes and DIKs pranks him - so what? This is a fun adventure for him.
Derek twice helps MC with housing when he has nowhere to go. The first time is canonical:
View attachment 2494216
The second time is optional, but Derek accepts you anyway and helps you get through the M/J drama. Gives him an important break not to be such a snowflake and offers a way to distract himself.
Next, if Derek wins the Hell Week, which I think is a very rare option for most of us, he gives away the gift of a Pink Rose VIP pass to the mansion renovation fund, that's $10. A very noble act.
Derek volunteers at nursing home to earn more money for DIKs. I think I have listed enough actions that speak of him as a good person.
Yes, he has a total DIK affinity, he talks a lot, is not serious with girls, total madman, but he is a real BRO.
His pranks are insanely fun, as well as an antics with a security guard and a diversion in the preps mansion - the latter was incredibly cool. While I was typing this, shazba came with a good post and I agree with his words that Derek is an amazing comedic character - no one made me laugh like that, especially in the first season, including part of the second.

Based on all this, I put Derek at the top in my male BaDIK character list - the best bro with comedy relief since Stifler.
View attachment 2494235
Perhaps I didn't indicate all of his good deeds, I'm not want to make the post too long, if anyone remembers something else, you can add.
if we're talking about the character OK, fine. Derek fulfils his role just fine.

But if we're talking about real relationships between people in what world would it be good advice to tell a guy who has a room paid for by his father or his student debt that it's a good idea to give it up in order to participate in a competition in which he'll have to commit a whole series of crimes and dangerous acts in order to maybe get a room (luckily Derek chooses the closet) in a fraternity? :eek:

it's only fair that he doesn't betray Maya's secret, it's up to her to reveal it, if that's the problem... in whatever MC relationship he's in, Derek will still be a negative influence, another small obstacle to overcome

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Hey, I hope my comment did not bother you. It certainly was not my intention. I understand that you do not actually think it is a crime to play the game with the music OFF. That is just a way of speaking, I know.
It didn't bother me, I just wanted to point it out since English is not my main language and I don't know how to express myself in a way that doesn't seem like I mean everything hahaha, to avoid misunderstandings

Reactions: Jumbi

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
if we're talking about the character OK, fine. Derek fulfils his role just fine.

But if we're talking about real relationships between people in what world would it be good advice to tell a guy who has a room paid for by his father or his student debt that it's a good idea to give it up in order to participate in a competition in which he'll have to commit a whole series of crimes and dangerous acts in order to maybe get a room (luckily Derek chooses the closet) in a fraternity? :eek:

it's only fair that he doesn't betray Maya's secret, it's up to her to reveal it, if that's the problem... in whatever MC relationship he's in, Derek will still be a negative influence, another small obstacle to overcome
You and I have talked about Derek before, like last year.
For starters, he invites him to move into Maya's room, it's not about DIKs. We will move on to dangerous competition later.
Refusing to live with Troy is a necessary measure, because it is impossible to live with this asshole together. What else could be done? As we remember, moving to another room is a long bureaucratic hell. But the decision was needed here and now.
Further, joining the DIKs for selfish reasons (for housing) was the original MCs idea, Derek has nothing to do with it. MC himself came to DIKs, said that he had a fight with a roommate and he had nowhere to live.

Further, about dangerous and illegal competitions. What's so terrible about it? Running naked in the mall, sneaking into a preps mansion, having sex with a teacher is the only thing that is on the verge of risk. Such challenges are typical of American college frats at the time of initiation, it may seem strange to us Europeans ... But there people go through it. It's crazy, but very funny crazy.
About Derek's negative influence on the MC. I think the opposite, and I even feel sorry for Derek. Because he is in the shadow of his more successful maggot brother. Of course, if we don't play for a completely 100% Chick that runs pure Jill route. :ROFLMAO:

The only negative impact I see is Bella's branch. Sage doesn't care, on M/J Derek seems to have come to terms with the situation about Maya, Jill said she would accept his friends for who they are.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You and I have talked about Derek before, like last year.
For starters, he invites him to move into Maya's room, it's not about DIKs. We will move on to dangerous competition later.
Refusing to live with Troy is a necessary measure, because it is impossible to live with this asshole together. What else could be done? As we remember, moving to another room is a long bureaucratic hell. But the decision was needed here and now.
Further, joining the DIKs for selfish reasons (for housing) was the original MCs idea, Derek has nothing to do with it. MC himself came to DIKs, said that he had a fight with a roommate and he had nowhere to live.

Further, about dangerous and illegal competitions. What's so terrible about it? Running naked in the mall, sneaking into a preps mansion, having sex with a teacher is the only thing that is on the verge of risk. Such challenges are typical of American college frats at the time of initiation, it may seem strange to us Europeans ... But there people go through it. It's crazy, but very funny crazy.
About Derek's negative influence on the MC. I think the opposite, and I even feel sorry for Derek. Because he is in the shadow of his more successful maggot brother. Of course, if we don't play for a completely 100% Chick that runs pure Jill route. :ROFLMAO:
And even then, MC can outshine Derek with his performance at Jill recital and become a college hero.
there is nothing wrong with that, only that they are all crimes: assaulting guards is a crime, breaking into other people's homes is a crime, stealing is a crime, going to a stripper club without being of age is a crime, walking around with 50 beers at a college where you can't drink is a crime (in college at least)

all felonies that individually would be more than enough to be expelled from the BR (and that they might not do sooner or later)

Troy would be an insurmountable obstacle? come on, that's hilarious. it would take 5 minutes to put him in his place, probably even Derek directly. would it be more complicated than living with Tommy?
becoming a DIK is Derek's dream, and to do that he needs MC (which then of course eventually has its share)

how then' would Derek help MC look good with the LIs?
with Maya he constantly plays the role of the jealous, cuckblocker brother
with Jill the whole blackmail thing stems from his fantastic idea (crime that too, but Tybalt is too stupid)
with Bella he creates constant awkwardness, and the issue of the copied test remains a bone to pick
perhaps only with Sage he is not directly responsible for major problems, apart from the unclear role in the Jade video, but there the first responsibility lies with MC

but he is the best possible friend, because he is

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
How to remove this Scrappy mod from Android. I had no choice but to download it if i wanna play on Android. I wanna immerse myself into the game without the mod telling me how to play and what to do, its distracting and annoying to look.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

there is nothing wrong with that, only that they are all crimes: assaulting guards is a crime, breaking into other people's homes is a crime, stealing is a crime, going to a stripper club without being of age is a crime, walking around with 50 beers at a college where you can't drink is a crime (in college at least)

all felonies that individually would be more than enough to be expelled from the BR (and that they might not do sooner or later)

Troy would be an insurmountable obstacle? come on, that's hilarious. it would take 5 minutes to put him in his place, probably even Derek directly. would it be more complicated than living with Tommy?
becoming a DIK is Derek's dream, and to do that he needs MC (which then of course eventually has its share)

with Jill the whole blackmail thing stems from his fantastic idea (crime that too, but Tybalt is too stupid)
with Bella he creates constant awkwardness, and the issue of the copied test remains a bone to pick
perhaps only with Sage he is not directly responsible for major problems, apart from the unclear role in the Jade video, but there the first responsibility lies with MC

umm-wait.gif
:p:ROFLMAO:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
So, after all these horrific crimes, egregious atrocities, some people cruelly accuse Quinn, a girl with a difficult fate, who committed several minor offenses. :cautious:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So, after all these horrific crimes, egregious atrocities, some people cruelly accuse Quinn, a girl with a difficult fate, who committed several minor offenses. :cautious:
double standards:cautious:
There is a double standard, but not what you may think. Quinn's actions are "real" in the story. They are calculated and they have consequences. Derek's actions are mostly (and that's where things get a little grey) comic relief. Distinguishing between what is comic relief (and not to be taken seriously), and what is actually important behaviour is not not necessarily difficult in this story, but it does require a degree of comprehension.

People have been groomed by society to think this kind of thing is insulting to trans people, when in fact (and it is a fucking fact) there's nothing on that shirt that is offensive to trans people or anyone else; the shirt is just spring boarding from a current ism into an unrelated joke.
:ROFLMAO:

I bet you can't actually explain why that t-shirt bothers you. :rolleyes:

The other day I read a witty, but threatening, pro-trans comment, to paraphrase it, it was something like:

"If a person won't use our correct pronouns, we'll make them a "were/was"."​

Now I don't know how original that line was, but I thought it was pretty funny, even if they were (jokingly) threatening to kill people who didn't toe the pro-trans line.

Whereas Derek's shirt, the punch line has literally nothing to do with trans or anti-trans. Considering there is pressure on cis people to provide their pronouns on email signatures etc. these days, providing your pronouns isn't even a trans thing, it's an everybody thing. And Derek would like to be addressed by the terms he's provided. It's not particularly funny, but to be offended by it is to lack cognitive thought.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

You say that all these offenses earn 5-star wanted, but no. Most of these "crimes", such as drinking alcohol and going to a strip club, farting on a security guard are not even worth attention and the college administration turns a blind eye to this until something serious happens. I read from real news that the cases of the Frats began to be taken seriously, if someone died, there were such cases.
You say that all these offenses earn 5-star wanted, but no. Most of these "crimes", such as drinking alcohol and going to a strip club, farting on a security guard are not even worth attention and the college administration turns a blind eye to this until something serious happens. I read from real news that the cases of the Frats began to be taken seriously, if someone died, there were such cases.
Where I agree with you is a burglary, Derek stole a....fucking stuffed deer and posted a photo on Rooster. But Tybalt did not go to the police, there is no statement - there is no corpus delicti.

I would absolutely not want to live with Troy after putting him in his place. Wouldn't it be a normal life together if you hate each other. At least you can find an approach to Tommy, he will go crazy and calm down. No harsh feelings to Tommy.

Derek is not supposed to help MC with his LI directly, his job is to provide moral support to MC when it was hard for him and he did it.

:ROFLMAO:

I bet you can't actually explain why that t-shirt bothers you. :rolleyes:

The other day I read a witty, but threatening, pro-trans comment, to paraphrase it, it was something like:

"If a person won't use our correct pronouns, we'll make them a "were/was"."

Now I don't know how original that line was, but I thought it was pretty funny, even if they were (jokingly) threatening to kill people who didn't toe the pro-trans line.

Whereas Derek's shirt, the punch line has literally nothing to do with trans or anti-trans. Considering there is pressure on cis people to provide their pronouns on email signatures etc. these days, providing your pronouns isn't even a trans thing, it's an everybody thing. And Derek would like to be addressed by the terms he's provided. It's not particularly funny, but to be offended by it is to lack cognitive thought.
Haha, you too? Ignore him, this dude gave me a facepalm when I said that the game doesn't need trans content and I, like many, would be unpleasant to see this.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Where I agree with you is a burglary, Derek stole a....fucking stuffed deer and posted a photo on Rooster. But Tybalt did not go to the police, there is no statement - there is no corpus delicti.

I would absolutely not want to live with Troy after putting him in his place. Wouldn't it be a normal life together if you hate each other. At least you can find an approach to Tommy, he will go crazy and calm down. No harsh feelings to Tommy.

Derek is not supposed to help MC with his LI directly, his job is to provide moral support to MC when it was hard for him and he did it.
I'm not aware that in order to be expelled from a college you have to end up on the most wanted list in the country... :unsure: :unsure: they are all crimes, not for all crimes you end up in jail (especially then on the first one), this 5 star thing I don't know what you deduced it from.

why would Troy and MC hate each other? they had a fight once (over something Troy was not to blame for--the guitar). when they meet again if MC was sympathetic Troy in fact even apologizes. have you ever shacked up with someone for study or work? it happens to fight even loudly, but rarely do you leave the house (especially without having a place to go).
you are exaggerating a problem that does not exist; the only motivation is narrative

in fact Derek does not help him in his relationships but indirectly hinders him, and the one time he is supposed to give him moral support he starts by saying that he was not worried that Maya was hiding the truth from MC, but he was worried that his sister was not being faithful to Josy. besides best friend also an exceptional moral support

yomigu

Mar 21, 2022
But using mods also would mean he could have issues when the next version comes out. And then we will have another post of the next version equivalent of the Jacob crash. Easiest solution is to redo it and hold control until you reach the same spot.

Because you keep saves once a while, right. You don't just keep overwriting the same save, RIGHT? :KEK:
Yes, I basically make a new save each time and only started overwriting saves when I finished the last page of saves. Sucks that I will have to redo everything from chapter 5 so I will just have to wait until I have time to do that. I don't know why the official walkthrough that was linked on the main post didn't mention that going with Cathy would make Bella reject you, seems like it would be an important thing to note. Is the unofficial/fan walkthrough any better?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes