Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
I suppose calm is relative, because with all the potential cheating during the party, a storm of sorts is probably going to be crashing down on the MC.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
It is possible that it is a drug-related pun, but I think it is essentially a 'seasonal' reminder of the arrival of Christmas.
So in all likelihood another chapter in which little or nothing will happen with a strong final twist
since the usual expression is "calm before the storm", DPC using snow instead seems very purposeful. it likely has a double meaning

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It is possible that it is a drug-related pun, but I think it is essentially a 'seasonal' reminder of the arrival of Christmas.
So in all likelihood another chapter in which little or nothing will happen with a strong final twist
I think with Maya announcing in the last episode that she is a Hot now, the never ending 'Maya's student loan" storyline will end.

I always wonder how much effort DPC puts into his research, but given that he appears to be a perfectionist, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt and concede that he did his due diligence.

And if that's the case then the entire storyline only makes sense in one very specific way and the solution is so simple that, while it doesn't need a lawyer, there is no way that Jill's family lawyer won't point out the obvious and send Maya on her way to fix it.

I don't think DPC can or even wants to milk it any further and he has also already setup the replacement drama for MC's on the MJ path, by the name of Tommy, which I can only assume will be equally annoying.

So unless the 'Maya meeting Jill's family lawyer' scene gets moved into the 11th episode, we should finally get rid of that storyline.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Doubt that it will end earlier than s4, but there is also the new 'Maya's mom' storyline, so who knows, maybe that will be the replacement.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think with Maya announcing in the last episode that she is a Hot now, the never ending 'Maya's student loan" storyline will end.

I always wonder how much effort DPC puts into his research, but given that he appears to be a perfectionist, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt and concede that he did his due diligence.

And if that's the case then the entire storyline only makes sense in one very specific way and the solution is so simple that, while it doesn't need a lawyer, there is no way that Jill's family lawyer won't point out the obvious and send Maya on her way to fix it.

I don't think DPC can or even wants to milk it any further and he has also already setup the replacement drama for MC's on the MJ path, by the name of Tommy, which I can only assume will be equally annoying.

So unless the 'Maya meeting Jill's family lawyer' scene gets moved into the 11th episode, we should finally get rid of that storyline.
This storyline has been dragging on for so long that it could end at any moment. And in fact it would well represent the calm before the ultimate fate of the trouple

But I don't put much faith in that, not after the big bluff of the Burke meeting. Jill's lawyer is probably just another excuse to put off

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
since the usual expression is "calm before the storm", DPC using snow instead seems very purposeful. it likely has a double meaning
Remember the preview was set during Christmas. Taking it as drugs doesn't make much sense.

Maybe it is something drug related, but I am hoping for a calm episode where I can bang Josy in front of a Christmas Tree. I am a simple man.
If anything it seems to be setting the storm/snow for episode eleven.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
This storyline has been dragging on for so long that it could end at any moment. And in fact it would well represent the calm before the ultimate fate of the trouple

But I don't put much faith in that, not after the big bluff of the Burke meeting. Jill's lawyer is probably just another excuse to put off
The Burke's meeting real purpose was obvious though, to tell players about Sage's relation to them. And unless Jill's family lawyer is the MC's mom, I don't see that happening again.

And if the student loan storyline is even remotely based on reality then there is zero chance that a lawyer would not be able to tell Maya what to do, hell Bella would've probably solved it instantly.

Furthermore when Maya said "Fuck it" in the last episode and decided to join the Hot's no matter what, she basically made the entire problem disappear, Josy and Maya are no longer seperated and Maya has made her choice, so it would seem that going on with it would just be useless weight.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Remember the preview was set during Christmas. Taking it as drugs doesn't make much sense.

If anything it seems to be setting the storm/snow for episode eleven.
Chapter titles are usually interpretable on several levels, but never so indicative of the plot, perhaps only Crossroads revealed something to us

Reactions: SomboSteel

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I just want to see who the dumbass was failing the exams. Hopefully we will see in chapter 10 since the exam results should be out. My money is on dawe for multiple reasons.
Dawe is certainly failing, I doubt anyone questions that. I'm suspecting the cheat papers belong to Lilly.
This would be inline with DPC's type of 'curve balls'.

Reactions: Bleiu and Mtmtmt007

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020

Unless the Burke's lawyer is called Priscilla, in which case it might not be in her best interests (which would be aligned to Burke and Quinn's interests) to give Maya the best advice.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes