dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah, originally DPC wanted both games to occur in the same "universe," though later backed off that some. The MC and friend Liam in Acting Lessons are DIKs, but in BaDIK the frat is relatively new, with Rusty having just started it a few years earlier. So if the two games were linked, Acting Lessons would have to take place after the events of Being a DIK, I believe.
Not necessarily.

Just because Rusty started the DIKs at B&R doesn't mean there wasn't another DIK fraternity at another college before that. What if there was?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I'm going to start insulting everyone that continues to ask this stupid-ass question. Either you're a bot or someone who has managed to go their whole life without using their brain so it doesn't matter what I say; calling you a brainless crackpot is underselling it.
I mean not everyone follows this game's progress or thread religiously mate. Some of us just play the game and that's it. No need to trip just because someone asked a question. A valid one at that for people who like I said, don't follow the progress or the thread whatsoever.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
did all of that and game still closes when Jacob talks about the mansion. I honestly don't know what to do
Then it means that you hadn't done it properly (you need to delete this file both in appdata and the game saves folders). The good indicator that you properly deleted persistent file is all game settings resets to default, all gallery and scenes becomes 0/0 and locked. All looks like you running the game for a first time. OR your saves from Season 2 which you prepared and then importing in S3 had a cheat "flags" which result in this game crash. If this saves is not yours (you are playing someones else saves) then try to make your own clean runs or use "clean" saves. When you import "bad" save, then this "flag" also injects into persistent file and you have to delete it again to get rid of this check. Even if you haven't installed cheats for S3, it doesn't protect you from game dev checks in S3, because all that flags and variables for which game periodically checks transferred between seasons. You can try to fix your saves with tools which is listed in this forum thread in downloads section. Or use saves which is listed there. I also have my own 20+ saves collection for different paths and with different states and conditions for every LI and paths (my saves are clean, I don't use cheats during my playthroughs).

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Yeah, originally DPC wanted both games to occur in the same "universe," though later backed off that some. The MC and friend Liam in Acting Lessons are DIKs, but in BaDIK the frat is relatively new, with Rusty having just started it a few years earlier. So if the two games were linked, Acting Lessons would have to take place after the events of Being a DIK, I believe.
I have been thinking about this recently i'm glad this topic came up lol. I just assumed it was the "future" they talked about the board and all the things similar to MC had to do in BADIK. HOTs are still around but they lived in a dorm and not a house, so I just fit Acting Lessons after BADIK in my mind. Maybe they lost it due to the Quinn/Sage's Dad "free tuition" shit happening currently in BADIK maybe?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Not necessarily.

Just because Rusty started the DIKs at B&R doesn't mean there wasn't another DIK fraternity at another college before that. What if there was?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
AL never happen in the world of Being A Dik so it isn't possible for Derek to do that unless Aliens from a other universe came to Earth and told him stories. There very well can be other colleges that have DIKS but not from AL ,besides can Derek read? :ROFLMAO:

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Rookie mistake, that shit is somehow actually intended. Solve by continously holding down the CTRL button, maybe placing some tape on it
No need for some tape, using the TAB-Key will work saving your finger (explaination: short pressing the TAB-Key will start the fast forward unless you press another key or mouse button). Using tape will make the keyboard sticky (ok, it's an AVN, there the keyboard will be already sticky ;)).

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Caught up on a lot of updates over the last 2 days and it really makes you appreciate DPC.

5'ish months of development time for an hour, maybe two if you read a word per minute. Still love playing those games, but man it makes you appreciate the ~10 hours a BaD update usually provides, even if it takes 8-9 months.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Caught up on a lot of updates over the last 2 days and it really makes you appreciate DPC.

5'ish months of development time for an hour, maybe two if you read a word per minute. Still love playing those games, but man it makes you appreciate the ~10 hours a BaD update usually provides, even if it takes 8-9 months.
DPC may not be perfect but he set a pretty damn high bar

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
This topic moves fast so I'm rewriting this:

Is it ok if I ask for suggestions for other games with a similar combat system to Being a Dik?

I made a topic asking for this on the recommendations board, and I've bumped it several times, but no one will reply to it.

• Sad
Reactions: c.mork

TheOne666NL

May 4, 2023
wasnt really expecting much, as i tough i didnt like the "static games" but to be honest, i got quite surprised by this game. only thing im struggling with is the Chick/Dick thing, i was a massive chick, but still couldn't be more then friends with maya and (jade?) even that i had the sex scenes of them. sometimes it makes me wonder is my -15dick stuck/displaying wrong, or did i miss something else?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes