sampow

May 14, 2023
I think it's mentioned exactly once. The MC has a subsidised student loans for students with financial needs, which basically means that the goverment pays the interests of the loan for half of your study time, plus 6 months after you finished and for an additional time up to a year if you did not find a job yet.

It's important to note here that there is no loan forgiveness, but the saving on interests alone are very impactfull for a student who has nothing and just finished college.

I believe the MC called it "Student loan for the poor".
Nothing that dramatic. The mc just has a normal "student loan".

The whole purpose of a student loan is you don't have to start paying it back until several months after you graduate (enough time to find some kind of job to start making repayments). From studentaid.gov:

"You begin repaying most federal student loans six months after you leave college or drop below half-time enrollment. PLUS loans enter repayment once your loan is fully disbursed (paid out). for an additional six months after you leave school or drop below half-time enrollment status. "​

In episode 1, if the mc turns down his dad's offer to use his savings:

mc: "I can't accept this. I'll take a student loan and will find a way to earn some extra pocket money."​

And later when Josy suggests he'll need the pay from their summer job for college he responds:

mc: "Sure, but I'm taking a student loan, just like most students."​

Josy then goes on to say how her dad is paying for her tuition.

So yeah, totally normal, typical student loan that is available to everyone except Maya because she's an idiot. :rolleyes:

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020

I wrote and made renders and animations for the big free-roam event this week, and I have three scenes left that need art before I'm finished with the big things of it. After that, I can write code, test it, work on details, place special renders, add phone content, etc.
But I have also focused on other areas of the episode and have been writing other story scenes this week.
After these few weeks, working on something else for a while will feel good. I mainly wrote scenes for Isabella and Riona but also playtested parts of the episode.
I have posed 3657 renders so far, and next week I will start working on animations to beef up my render queue, which is now down to 13 animations.
Riona will get a cosmetic poll that starts tomorrow. Here is a teaser of the options. The winning option will be featured in episode 10.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Man I wish we could get the shirt of 1 with the pants of 3

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Nothing that dramatic. The mc just has a normal "student loan".

The whole purpose of a student loan is you don't have to start paying it back until several months after you graduate (enough time to find some kind of job to start making repayments). From studentaid.gov:

"You begin repaying most federal student loans six months after you leave college or drop below half-time enrollment. PLUS loans enter repayment once your loan is fully disbursed (paid out). for an additional six months after you leave school or drop below half-time enrollment status. "​

In episode 1, if the mc turns down his dad's offer to use his savings:

mc: "I can't accept this. I'll take a student loan and will find a way to earn some extra pocket money."​

And later when Josy suggests he'll need the pay from their summer job for college he responds:

mc: "Sure, but I'm taking a student loan, just like most students."​

Josy then goes on to say how her dad is paying for her tuition.

So yeah, totally normal, typical student loan that is available to everyone except Maya because she's an idiot. :rolleyes:
That's literally what an student loan is. What I ment is :

"Subsidized Loans are loans for undergraduate students with financial need, as determined by your cost of attendance minus expected family contribution and other financial aid (such as grants or scholarships). Subsidized Loans do not accrue interest while you are in school at least half-time or during deferment periods."

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I don't think the money system in game is supposed to be represent US dollars directly. There's no way that lunch with Maya was $125. I mean, of course it's possible to spend $125 eating lunch for two people, but not without a lot of food, some wine, or both. And $250 at the school cafeteria? University is crazy expensive in the US, but not that crazy (not yet, anyway).
It was sarcasm, because a student with student loan on him and $100-200 lunches are incompatible concepts.
And a person accustomed to such daily habits and spendings wouldn't react so much to a quite modest inheritance of $5000

Replacing (virtually) all the windows at the mansion, however, could easily cost thousands of dollars. Especially if they are modern, multi-pane windows custom built and fitted, those can easily be a few hundred dollars per window, even if Neil's friend Luis didn't charge him for labor.
Normal house, 14 windows replaced maybe 3-4 years ago, including labour $21.000. An entire Mansion, including those full sized windows like in the MC's room ? They either went with the cheapest windows available or it must've cost a fortune. It's as you said even a normal size modern window is like $500-600, the full sized sliding one in the MC's room: thousends.
wow :oops: thx for explanation and bringing me up to date
Where I'm from, $20k is equal of a decent country house from scratch with all the finishing, except furniture. Not as large as DIKs mansion, but's it's still a whole house, not just a windows for some house...

Now i understand how they tore their asses for about a month and a half that the repairs lasted, because windows replacement wasn't the one thing they had to paid for. And it's clearer, why Rusty decided to sell his car and how much +- he could gain from this.

I had the impression that it was relatively cheap, because the last time their windows was broken, it was as if nothing had happened at all. Now it is also clearer what cash amount could be stored in their safe, how much Pink Rose services and everything else could be worth, because everything revolves around that stash, which Rusty's father offered him to use.

So the stupid jokes of the fraternities on top of each other now began to play with slightly different colors for me.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It was sarcasm, because a student with student loan on him and $100-200 lunches are incompatible concepts.
And a person accustomed to such daily habits and spendings wouldn't react so much to a quite modest inheritance of $5000

wow :oops: thx for explanation and bringing me up to date
Where I'm from, $20k is equal of a decent country house from scratch with all the finishing, except furniture. Not as large as DIKs mansion, but's it's still a whole house, not just a windows for some house...

Now i understand how they tore their asses for about a month and a half that the repairs lasted, because windows replacement wasn't the one thing they had to paid for. And it's clearer, why Rusty decided to sell his car and how much +- he could gain from this.

I had the impression that it was relatively cheap, because the last time their windows was broken, it was as if nothing had happened at all. Now it is also clearer what cash amount could be stored in their safe, how much Pink Rose services and everything else could be worth, because everything revolves around that stash, which Rusty's father offered him to use.

So the stupid jokes of the fraternities on top of each other now began to play with slightly different colors for me.
The reason we did it was to move into a higher energy efficient bracket. The more energy efficient your house is, the bigger of a tax break you get. So Solar panels, catching rainwater, modern heating systems and windows all impact your rating.

So you are incentivised to spend money on more expensive modern windows, because you get some of it back as a tax break and you obviously lower your energy costs in the long term.

None of that was probably a concern for the DIKs tho :D So they probably went with really cheap windows which would have brought the overall costs down quite a bit. Then they got the labour for free, so it wouldn't surprise me if they got away with maybe $10-12k for the windows.

However if Neil wouldn't have shown up and replaced all their furniture ? They would've been fucked to kingdom come :D

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

I wrote and made renders and animations for the big free-roam event this week, and I have three scenes left that need art before I'm finished with the big things of it. After that, I can write code, test it, work on details, place special renders, add phone content, etc.
But I have also focused on other areas of the episode and have been writing other story scenes this week.
After these few weeks, working on something else for a while will feel good. I mainly wrote scenes for Isabella and Riona but also playtested parts of the episode.
I have posed 3657 renders so far, and next week I will start working on animations to beef up my render queue, which is now down to 13 animations.
Riona will get a cosmetic poll that starts tomorrow. Here is a teaser of the options. The winning option will be featured in episode 10.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
I don't want to get my hopes up to soon but this sounds good. Is it just me or does Rio new hair do look like Quinn minus a shave side wounder what this means?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't want to get my hopes up to soon but this sounds good. Is it just me or does Rio new hair do look like Quinn minus a shave side wounder what this means?
It does. In fact the whole jaw line looks a bit too squarish. It's more lik Quinn's jaw line than Riona's. It looks odd to me.

Divitius

Jan 1, 2018
hey Guys.. when i never Played it before.. do i only have to Download season 3 and have all 3 seasons, or do i have to download Season 1 and 2 aswell? =)

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
hey Guys.. when i never Played it before.. do i only have to Download season 3 and have all 3 seasons, or do i have to download Season 1 and 2 aswell? =)
Seasons 1-2 first. At the end of season 2, you will be warned to save. Start season 3 and load the save of season 2 in the lower left corner of the main screen. Good luck.

Reactions: Divitius

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I don't think the money system in game is supposed to be represent US dollars directly. There's no way that lunch with Maya was $125. I mean, of course it's possible to spend $125 eating lunch for two people, but not without a lot of food, some wine, or both. And $250 at the school cafeteria? University is crazy expensive in the US, but not that crazy (not yet, anyway).

Replacing (virtually) all the windows at the mansion, however, could easily cost thousands of dollars. Especially if they are modern, multi-pane windows custom built and fitted, those can easily be a few hundred dollars per window, even if Neil's friend Luis didn't charge him for labor.
I think you will change your mind (at least for the US) after watching .

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Outfit needs more swiggity swooty, just sayin

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
Beefy!

• Lasted calculable posed renders gave a 125/weeks avg. Updated one is 218/weeks. +13% target progress.
  • With that new Renders/Weeks we could be at target in just 6 weeks, halved last estimate.
  • For animations, we could estimate about 183 are completed. DPC been hinting longs are being processed.
  • With the big free roam close to finish and long animation getting done, numbers might speeding up.
  • Release could be Early of August (7 months / 33 weeks projection). 67% complete.
    • Target Completion __ Renders: 60% > 73% | Animations: 65%
EP​
Renders​
Animations (min)
Music*
Scenes
Size_GB
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/W
sA/W
EP1​
130151 (3:29)
—​
≈1.1
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
EP2​
1709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)
—​
≈2.3 (+1.2)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
138​
EP3​
2289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)
—​
10​
≈4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP4​
2532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)
—​
15​
≈6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
22.6​
EP5​
2456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)
17 (3.4K$)
11​
≈8.0 (+1.9)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
25.6​
EP6​
3336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)
24 (4.8K$)
≈11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
138​
21.2​
EP7​
3723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)
18 (3.6K$)
15​
≈14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP8​
4158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)
34 (6.8K$)
16​
≈19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
138​
EPI
79436 (4:36)
19 (3.8K$)
≈2.6 (new)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP9​
5037 (+21%)303 (26:08) (-55)
21 (4.2K$)
≈7.3 (+4.7)
16 Dec 2022​
287 (9 months, 12 days |≈41 weeks)
38.2​
EP10
Target ≈5000
>196
Target ≈300
10 (2.0K$)
in development
161 (5 months, 10 days |≈23 weeks)
Complete Table with the idea of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 4 years, 3 months, 19 days (51 months / 224 weeks / 1,569 days / 37,656 hours)
* | Total: 26,467$ — Ratio = (Renders/Weeks + secondsAnimations/Weeks) | Renders/Weeks | secondsAnimations/Weeks

(y)Thumbs Up to:
| Casiope's DIK Walkthrough | AchedCroissant's EP10 Preview Collection | EP10 Rooster Collection | Clone Series Renders
| shazba's Q/A Story Summary | Holy Bacchus 's Story Timeline | DrPinkCake's Q&A Session | RPDL's

Last edited:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I think you will change your mind (at least for the US) after watching .
Disney World or any theme park in America will cost a family a shit ton of money, no doubt. I took my wife and kids to Disney World for the first time a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how much we spent for about a week there. We didn't even stay at the property, but rented an apartment close by. Insane! I was just saying that Maya and the MC for a quick lunch near campus would not spend $125, unless they walked into the wrong establishment.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes