Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

I wrote and made renders and animations for the big free-roam event this week, and I have three scenes left that need art before I'm finished with the big things of it. After that, I can write code, test it, work on details, place special renders, add phone content, etc.
But I have also focused on other areas of the episode and have been writing other story scenes this week.
After these few weeks, working on something else for a while will feel good. I mainly wrote scenes for Isabella and Riona but also playtested parts of the episode.
I have posed 3657 renders so far, and next week I will start working on animations to beef up my render queue, which is now down to 13 animations.
Riona will get a cosmetic poll that starts tomorrow. Here is a teaser of the options. The winning option will be featured in episode 10.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Good status update. Three weeks ago, at the beginning of May, DPC announced 3000 posed renders, now there are 3657 of them, this is a very good work rate, 219 per week on average over this period.

A short animation queue, which indicates that the new hardware processes them much faster and will soon catch up with DPC. It seems that at the end of development we won't have to wait a whole month for animations, as in the case of Ep.9

Plus Rio got attention. :love:

Taz423

Mar 27, 2021

I wrote and made renders and animations for the big free-roam event this week, and I have three scenes left that need art before I'm finished with the big things of it. After that, I can write code, test it, work on details, place special renders, add phone content, etc.
But I have also focused on other areas of the episode and have been writing other story scenes this week.
After these few weeks, working on something else for a while will feel good. I mainly wrote scenes for Isabella and Riona but also playtested parts of the episode.
I have posed 3657 renders so far, and next week I will start working on animations to beef up my render queue, which is now down to 13 animations.
Riona will get a cosmetic poll that starts tomorrow. Here is a teaser of the options. The winning option will be featured in episode 10.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
I'm praying this update comes this year, cuz it doesnt look like it yet.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
I'm praying this update comes this year, cuz it doesnt look like it yet.
Based on the previous development time of the other episodes and how it's increasing gradually, the likeliest would be somewhere around October. If you were to be optimistic, late September at best. But given how long coding, render times and writing may take, the worst case scenario would be in either November or December. Although, given the narrative implications right now. Releasing this in November would somehow make sense since the Last episode was set on Halloween. Don't take my word for it, I'm just doing mental maths here.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
Based on the previous development time of the other episodes and how it's increasing gradually, the likeliest would be somewhere around October. If you were to be optimistic, late September at best. But given how long coding, render times and writing may take, the worst case scenario would be in either November or December. Although, given the narrative implications right now. Releasing this in November would somehow make sense since the Last episode was set on Halloween. Don't take my word for it, I'm just doing mental maths here.
I think you guys are being too pessimist, the new hardware is doing wonders on the renders/animations rendering as the last update has shown.

For me the update is coming late july at best and mid august at worst.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I think current updates news kinda indicate that update is halfway done considering big free roam, animations and minigames are mostly out of the way. Either it will release on August or September

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I think you guys are being too pessimist, the new hardware is doing wonders on the renders/animations rendering as the last update has shown.

I agree late July and early to mid August seem very much in play right now

Conor Adams

Jul 11, 2021
I'm trying to complete a PT with zero chick choices & actions. I'm playing according to the walkthrough pinned above. but when I finish Episode 2. I end up with one chick action. it is so frustrating. I
tried 3/4 times with some different choices, and still it remains the same. Is it a bug or is there any error in the walkthrough.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It's been 5 months and 10 days in development and DPC has already done 3657 renders, that's 73% of the Ep.9 size, so that's too pessimistic. I see August as the most realistic scenario.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
whatever the release date is, one thing is certain. This update will be out first unlike the fabled update for summer time saga XD

Last edited:

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
whatever the release date is, one thing is certain. This update will be out first versus whenever the fabled update for summer time saga comes XD
The fact those two were basically started at the same time is crazy lol, years later ocean still didn't even finish season 1 while dr cake gonna be 50% at season 3 in few months

Reactions: Fess1998

buggs

Apr 24, 2020

Pessimism never fails lol. DPC has had hardware upgrades before, but he has never shortened development time by more than a week. Literally. No exaggeration. His largest shortening was 6 days between episode 4 and 5. If the update were to come out in July that would be 2 whole months shorter. Can't really blame anyone for not expecting unprecedented advancements. August is the optimistic position.

Also, did the last update show the new hardware doing wonders on animation rendering? Last week the animation queue was 16 animations, this week it is 13...

always86

Mar 19, 2020
It's been 5 months and 10 days in development and DPC has already done 3657 renders, that's 73% of the Ep.9 size, so that's too pessimistic. I see August as the most realistic scenario.
That is only 3657 posed. At this point in Episode 9 dev in had 2823 rendered. So he is probably ahead by several hundred or 2-3 weeks.

He should have crossed 200 animations rendered now, but that is a bit speculative. That probably puts him about a month ahead in terms of animations for episode 9.

That all said I do tend to agree there is a good chance of it coming out in August. Artwork should come along more quickly in the second half of the dev period due to the new cards. Hopefully that can reduce the time by another few weeks. To get a release in August he needs to be 6 weeks quicker than episode 8. Which I think should be possible. Especially since the last episode had several development interuptions.

This week marks the same point in development that episode 7 released, and next week will match episode 6. To be the same timeframe as episode 8 we'd get a release on July 14th. If it's the same as episode 9 it would be October 6th. Without completed render numbers it's hard to made a forecast. I think August is more likely than October, but September is more likely that July.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
That is only 3657 posed. At this point in Episode 9 dev in had 2823 rendered. So he is probably ahead by several hundred or 2-3 weeks.

He should have crossed 200 animations rendered now, but that is a bit speculative. That probably puts him about a month ahead in terms of animations for episode 9.

That all said I do tend to agree there is a good chance of it coming out in August. Artwork should come along more quickly in the second half of the dev period due to the new cards. Hopefully that can reduce the time by another few weeks. To get a release in August he needs to be 6 weeks quicker than episode 8. Which I think should be possible. Especially since the last episode had several development interuptions.

This week marks the same point in development that episode 7 released, and next week will match episode 6. To be the same timeframe as episode 8 we'd get a release on July 14th. If it's the same as episode 9 it would be October 6th. Without completed render numbers it's hard to made a forecast. I think August is more likely than October, but September is more likely that July.
July is generally extremely unlikely, I bet on new hardware in rendering speed, I think that it will not have a queue of static renders at all. Perhaps the queue of animations will also catch up with the speed of posing.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes