DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Thank you DPC for the second preview with beautiful, cute and charming Riona! It's a celebration for all Rio fans :love: .
Stop, wait a minute! Who is this second girl, a blonde with a frightened look, and why is the preview called "Maya"?
As i know, she is the Before testimonial for a new skin care cream as the have to take an extrem model at the before side to praise their cosmetics. Name seems to point to the ancient population in middle america. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Maya must be going for a new look and not just something for a date, I like it next preview will be Josy they follow in previews I think
View attachment 2658992
View attachment 2658993
What is interesting that so far in season 3, Josy and Maya do not share previews as them being together, unlike in previous seasons, they were always a package deal, always shown them together.
but in season 3 even in the title screen they are separated. In a previous season this would been a Maya and Josy preview, where it would be Josy who sit next to her, but the only time we saw them togther in season 3 so far, was that cringe wallpaper picture what dpc put out there for 30 bucks:ROFLMAO:

Tom267

Jan 15, 2018
why would Jill know that? You nice toward her, your actions individually toward Jill are Decent, all of the actions you take previously had nothing to do with her.
People talk to one another, people still hear about your actions - especially bigger ones (eg, punching Tybalt, which Jill would/definitely does hear about). The example of the tennis date compliment shows how someone behaves differently: the MC might be 'nice' to Jill, but they are a DIK and their form of nice is not what Jill likes; whereas a CHICK MC's nice is more what she wants/likes.

If anything, being nice to one person and being cruel to others is more likely to make people suspicious because that's kind of duplicitous and manipulative. Of course, people get along with others differently and social circles are shown reasonably well in BaD with the AAAs, DIKs, HOTs, etc, but it still displays a certain manipulativeness when someone is distinctly different when talking to two groups.

Personally, I feel like the DIK/CHICK Status, Affinity, and Major Choices are all a good combination that does a decent job at displaying personal actions shaping how people view the MC. It's not perfect, of course, but it is pretty good. I think the later Episodes use the Major Choices better; being able to choose certain DIK/CHICK options even if Neutral provided you chose a certain option previously (eg, being able to punch Vinny if Neutral, as long as you fought the AAAs and Caleb earlier) - that is a good display of how someones' actions inform their personality.

It can take a character right out of your hands or make you feel like you have to be very one note.
I guess it depends on what you're expecting. The game isn't a perfect representation of a human whose choices are as freeform as in IRL: you're playing a character, and you have a limited amount of choices available. Within those choices, based on the character's personality (which does already exist to a certain degree, regardless of player action) and the actions the player chooses, you have different results based on what choices you do make.

Yes, IRL humans are more nuanced but this is still a game, and limited by the options that can realistically be included.

Ultimately, if the MC is able to radically shift personality from scene to scene, that would be far less believable than the MC's personality being shaped by the overall actions to that point.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
What is interesting that so far in season 3, Josy and Maya do not share previews as them being together, unlike in previous seasons, they were always a package deal, always shown them together.
but in season 3 even in the title screen they are separated. In a previous season this would been a Maya and Josy preview, where it would be Josy who sit next to her, but the only time we saw them togther in season 3 so far, was that cringe wallpaper picture what dpc put out there for 30 bucks:ROFLMAO:
On top of that it's there Halloween party photo that shouldn't even count :ROFLMAO: , soo neither DPC is doing something different, something going on with Josy and Maya, DPC is just messing or all of the above

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm guessing you are referring to the phonecall while she is lying on her bed, just before Camila pays her a visit to brief her about Mona's situation. This is what Quinn says during that very brief conversation on the phone.

Quinn "I know I'm late. Something happened, but don't worry... I have it now. All of it."
qu "No, I'm not making any excuses."
qu "Tomorrow night..."
qu "Bye."

She is just speaking with Buddy or someone else on his behalf to let them know that she has collected the dough that they are expecting from her. Nothing else. In other words, this short scene foreshadows the one we get to see in episode 6, when she visits the drug den and then gets mugged.

dalli, I know that you play only Josy's and Maya's path. Maybe that is why you are confused about that scene or maybe you didn't mean episode 9? Because in episode 9, in her route, the MC spends the night with her and last thing we see is that she snaps after waking up and wants him to discreetly leave before some other HOT may get to see him there. Nothing else.

Also...

The affinity also defines to some extent the moral grounds of the protagonist, or at least I believe that it is also an aim for DPC. A very graphic example can be seen in episode 9.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, I don't think that necessarily means that a DIK MC can't be good or vice versa, that a chick MC can't snap and do something dark under the right circumstances. You can call me kind of a believer in moral relativism if you like.
how insignificant and banal is the Chick comment? the DIK one at least makes one laugh.

i see very little of who should be MC in the two situations, to give a classic example: the Chick MC wants to give the inheritance money to Maya, the DIK one to Quinn. exactly the same reaction when faced with a problem

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
People talk to one another, people still hear about your actions - especially bigger ones (eg, punching Tybalt, which Jill would/definitely does hear about). The example of the tennis date compliment shows how someone behaves differently: the MC might be 'nice' to Jill, but they are a DIK and their form of nice is not what Jill likes; whereas a CHICK MC's nice is more what she wants/likes.

If anything, being nice to one person and being cruel to others is more likely to make people suspicious because that's kind of duplicitous and manipulative. Of course, people get along with others differently and social circles are shown reasonably well in BaD with the AAAs, DIKs, HOTs, etc, but it still displays a certain manipulativeness when someone is distinctly different when talking to two groups.
But that's what A360, told you :

"In real life we're not one note all the time. How you interact with one person or group won't necessarily be the same as how you would with another. How someone or a character reacts to a situation or person should be based on the situation and person. Most systems tied to some sort of morality tend to remove that for either been a saint or dickhead. People tend to be more nuanced than these systems allow."

and the funny thing that you using a different event to justify an another one. Yes, when you Punch Tybalt, it's perfectly reasonable, that Jill react negatively, becasue we see her getting the information about it. an exmaple of an Action that Directy connect to her. Whereas during the Tennis date, no previous actions are connected to her!

People's Talks, Rumors, behaviours toward others is your argument? :unsure:,let's see....

You can Have Chick Affinity, and Status, during that Tennis date, all while you previously come from a Strip Bar, where you Get a Blowjob from Envy, or came from having Sex with Sage, but becasue you have Chick Status, all is good with her , somehow, people don't talk, in that case, there are no rumors of MC banging everything that moves, or about his behaviour, :ROFLMAO:.

do you start to see how flawed the whole argument of yours ?. Based on what we know about Jill, and with your argument, should not Jill react negatively, toward an MC who is a Man slut ?! :ROFLMAO:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Yes, one really wonders why Maya is sitting next to Rio and where Josy is walking. They were practically always together at the party.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
but are you talking about previews or seasons in general?

it always seemed to me that there was incredibly little content common to the two girls even before that

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Really makes you wonder what happens, if/when Maya and Josy break up. Like what will happen to Maya moving in with the HOTs, not to mention if the MC then starts to date one of em, awkward meter is gonna hit infinity...still wanna see it though :D

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
but are you talking about previews or seasons in general?

it always seemed to me that there was incredibly little content common to the two girls even before that
Yeah that's true. But Generally speaking, the title screen was usually them together, and so far we had one Josy and 2 Maya preview, and they each are separated, especially interesting if you think about it, that Now, you are official with them. :LOL: .
It's just further confirm that they probably gonna separated in season 3, IMO

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Bleiu

Mar 11, 2018
Well the courtyard of DIKs is definitely fenced with a stone wall. Throwing a party next to a driveway is stupid, even for them.
View attachment 2659041

It seems to me that the mansion is located in the suburbs, not on campus.
DiK mansion is definitely on campus. There was dialogue about how Rusty as a Burgmeister is able to have alcohol in the mansion which is a big no-no on campus.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Well the courtyard of DIKs is definitely fenced with a stone wall. Throwing a party next to a driveway is stupid, even for them.
View attachment 2659041

It seems to me that the mansion is located in the suburbs, not on campus.
The campus itself could be in the suburbs, of course. Having said that, US universities vary, in that some allow frat and sorority housing on campus and others only allow them if they are off campus. If they are on campus, they are usually subject to whatever housing rules the university applies. In the case of B&R, it sounds like these mansions are on campus because the DIKs say they are not supposed to have alcohol, but they (obviously) do anyway. It's a bit nuts to apply IRL logic to this game, though. Given the copious amount of drugs, alcohol, prostitution, vandalism, and fighting that happens at this one frat alone, how the police or state board of higher education hasn't shut the school's Greek system down is beyond me.

Reactions: Jumbi

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
You can Have Chick Affinity, and Status, during that Tennis date, all while you previously come from a Strip Bar, where you Get a Blowjob from Envy, or came from having Sex with Sage, but becasue you have Chick Status, all is good with her , somehow, people don't talk, in that case, there are no rumors of MC banging everything that moves, or about his behaviour, :ROFLMAO:.
There is a possibility for the player to make an MC DIK and sissy and an MC CHICK and someone not to screw. For example, an MC CHICK can beat up Dawe and the Jocks, beat up Caleb, punch Tybalt, and beat up Tommy and still be CHICK. While the player can stop doing all those actions I mentioned and be MC DIK. This CHICK/DIK thing doesn't make sense, it doesn't clearly represent who the MC really is.

Tom267

Jan 15, 2018
do you start to see how flawed the whole argument of yours ?. Based on what we know about Jill, and with your argument, should not Jill react negatively, toward an MC who is a Man slut ?! :ROFLMAO:
I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is a reasonable system to display some of the realities that are hard to quantify as points.

Simply, you get RP points for being nice as a CHICK (which is generally a nicer person) in that instance, because the MC is shown to be more of a nice person so it's more genuine; you don't get +RP if your MC is a DIK, because they're shown to be a bit of an asshole.

It's not perfect, no, but someone rapidly switching between asshole choices and nice person choices doesn't immediately make them an asshole/nice person instantly: their previous actions are still a part of them, and their behaviour is still shaped by what they do. To go back to the Jill tennis date: if the MC is a DIK, then they've been doing things that are, ostensibly, asshole-ish which is shown by their choice of compliment ("wow you look hot!").

Thing is, if you're coming from the Pink Rose with a DIK affinity, Jill does react negatively (eg, it's harder to gain RP with her).

Reactions: peasantkristoph

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Maya must be going for a new look and not just something for a date, I like it next preview will be Josy they follow in previews I think
View attachment 2658992
View attachment 2658993
My guess is that liking Maya and feeling like you need to help her/have her succeed is integral to the plot in the near future. And DPC realized that she is consistently the least popular main girl with an overbearing and annoying storyline, so he is trying his best to make her more interesting (even if only visually) to get more people endeared to her for the story to work.

like if this was AL and instead of Meghan and Melissa it was Maya and Josy, that final scene wouldn’t be much of a choice for nearly very player

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
My guess is that liking Maya and feeling like you need to help her/have her succeed is integral to the plot in the near future. And DPC realized that she is consistently the least popular main girl with an overbearing and annoying storyline, so he is trying his best to make her more interesting (even if only visually) to get more people endeared to her for the story to work.

like if this was AL and instead of Meghan and Melissa it was Maya and Josy, that final scene wouldn’t be much of a choice for nearly very player
Maya's haircut is one of the minor issues with Maya's character. Why instead of changing her hair DPC doesn't end this school tuition plot? I'm sure her popularity will increase this way, as she won't appear as much. :rolleyes:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes