Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Is this guy Mick some stoner friend of Quinn's? I don't think we can count him as a villain since he will probably be exclusive to Quinn's route. But who knows...hard to believe this guy or even Buddy will show up in the main storyline (outside of Quinn's route).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"No problem on my end. I'll tell Mick to add it to the drop-off." - at least he is the one who serve & pack drugs. Also he is the one, who texted Quinn, not Buddy. Hard to say is it because he is more important or it's an opposite, and he is just a Buddy's bitch or runner. Now we need to figure out whom he meant in text message in EP9 - was it a Buddy or somebody else (person, who is tired of excuses). Vinny on the same level with Quinn. Maybe she just get a little indulgence, bc Buddy is somehow related (or WAS related) to her dad (Rox).

I think Sage touches the MC too much for my taste. She can't see the MC so she runs out to hug him. Out of all the MG's she is the one who keeps physical contact with him the most, be it through hugs, head resting on his shoulders, licking the MC's nose... :LOL: She even drags him by the arm throughout the mansion to take a picture with him. . Kinda sus...
ep5_sage106.jpg

Well, it's her attitude and she's too liberated, which is her thing and perk. In this phase she is still try to conquer MC attention. After then, if they stay friends, she remains playful and flirty to him, but I don't feel more than good friends vibes.

She doesn't try to kiss or grab him, as some of the HOT's who came to the party tried. And most of the rest of the actions are depend on MC. So, if MC want to flirt or makes an allusions for girls being in relationship, then he getting cheating points now (or temptation points, since var name is TC).

Not going to lie... When Josy asked the MC if he still thinks about the two of them together, I could feel my soul leaving my body. I hope Josy accepts defeat with greatness and doesn't create problems for the MC, especially if he turned her and Maya down in Ep.4.
It depends on whether the MC chose other relationships or stayed alone. If solo paths are implemented, then I would like it to happen peacefully and with respect for each other. But knowing the DPC... I don't think he will give players an easy and safe choice in both cases. And if there are options for cheating with Josy or Maya, it will be even more dramatic.

ep9_diks_ph2_photo_j_event21.jpg ep9_diks_ph2_photo_j_event25.jpg ep9_diks_ph2_photo_j_event26.jpg

Tbh, J&M remind me Megan & Melissa in AL, in a way, they were made as a kind of "MAIN" MGs and like MC need literally reject & neglect them and even cheat on them to get rid of them. And choosing Rena, while she is cool & sweet always feels so bad. BADIK have more MGs, but I can't help, I see the similar patterns here. Yeah, DPC is merciless, in a good way.
The rest of the girls can be rejected peacefully and they don't torment your heart, make you doubt in your choice and so on. But knowing how truly J&M in love with MC and the feeling that their relationship is hardly viable without MC, it is always so difficult to reject them. Again, parallels with AL. Just hope we can help them while being in another branch, otherwise it will always left a bad feelings, like you constantly choose Rena, Ana or Leah (lol).

I sometimes regret having played Being a DIK, before, I liked any game that was uploaded on this forum. After Being a DIK, I can't get attached to any other game. The only one I'm looking forward to is Eternum, but game development is just as time consuming as Being a DIK.
This is a kind of instilling good taste. First you drink any beer, wine, whiskey and you like it, then you start trying something better / more expensive and you realize what shit you drank before.
Or an example with a movies or TV series. You can view hundreds and thousands, but you will want to re-view and remember only the highest quality and worthy ones. The same with books, music and whatever else.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019
Tbh, J&M remind me Megan & Melissa in AL, in a way, they were made as a kind of "MAIN" MGs and like MC need literally reject & neglect them and even cheat on them to get rid of them. And choosing Rena, while she is cool & sweet always feels so bad. BADIK have more MGs, but I can't help, I see the similar patterns here. Yeah, DPC is merciless, in a good way.
The rest of the girls can be rejected peacefully and they don't torment your heart, make you doubt in your choice and so on. But knowing how truly J&M in love with MC and the feeling that their relationship is hardly viable without MC, it is always so difficult to reject them. Again, parallels with AL. Just hope we can help them while being in another branch, otherwise it will always left a bad feelings, like you constantly choose Rena, Ana or Leah (lol).
Hmm, this reminded me of how someone pointed out how Quinn and Maya are basically Melissa split into two characters during the release of episode 3. Something like if Melissa was a spectrum of naive but fun, with one side being toxic and the other healthy, Quinn being the extremely toxic side, and Maya being the extremely healthy side. Josy is just Megan in a different font.

Damn, I can't find it, maybe it was on Reddit instead. Not that I'll be going back into that cesspool again. It would take something drastic for that to happen.

*Edit*: Holy shit! Now that I'm thinking about it, Rox and Melissa's stepfather have a similar model, possibly even Stephen Burke. Just slimmed down and altered. I'm too lazy to look over them, but can someone see if I'm imagining things or not?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Well, it's her attitude and she's too liberated, which is her thing and perk. In this phase she is still try to conquer MC attention. After then, if they stay friends, she remains playful and flirty to him, but I don't feel more than good friends vibes.

She doesn't try to kiss or grab him, as some of the HOT's who came to the party tried. And most of the rest of the actions are depend on MC. So, if MC want to flirt or makes an allusions for girls being in relationship, then he getting cheating points now (or temptation points, since var name is TC).
Since Sage's route is not a landmine but a real walking nuclear bomb, I believe that Sage and the MC will become even closer from season 3 onwards. Sage's route has many trials that the MC must go through. If the right cards are played, Sage will realize that the MC (whether romance with Sage or just friendship) was her one true friend throughout her entire stay at B&R. If Sage had a crush on the MC before, that crush will definitely escalate after all is said and done.

Reactions: Kpyna and 7thOmen

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Wasn't here around for quite some time, so maybe someone already solved the mystery of the lollipop?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's highlightable and clickable but nothing happens.
Welp, I've made it to that scene for all three basic alignments.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure how to break it to ya,
but that lolly, is nowhere near clickable. it doesn't highlight ever, let alone clickable.

Maybe you're monitor is setting itself to give up the ghost soon?

Although the scene before going there is when you have to "check upstairs" where you see Quinn meet Vinny and Lilly is standing behind them (in the hallway to Derek's bar). So she could have been having a drink and left her lolly on the counter.

In any case, no highlighty and no clicky-clicky on the lolly.

*shrugs*

Jet_Pilot

Jun 30, 2021
5 days ago, Status Update Episode 10

I've been plugging holes in the episode this week - no pun intended.

I've played the first half of the episode and tried to fill in any missing segments, be it renders, animations, sound effects, or music. This way, I could complete some half-done scenes that have been waiting for my attention and some new scenes as well.

I worked on some GUI stuff for the Party Planner that was missing, and here is a teaser of it:

I worked on clucks and phone chats - art and writing - and also carried out some PC maintenance. Overall, it was a productive week.

The current progress shows these numbers compared to the episode 9 release.

3913 renders posed (78%)

213 animations posed (70%)

The animation count hasn't grown a lot, but that's because I've been working on longer cutscene animations, and I treat them the same as a mere two-second animation in these stats.

Looking at my episode flowchart, I can see roughly 57% of it has been completed. But since it treats free-roam events and short scenes equally, the progress should be higher as many longer scenes are completed.

If I were to guess, I'd say development is around 70% completed. The odds are that the render count will be the highest yet, but we'll see as I continue to create the episode.

As you know, estimating completion is the hardest thing for me to do accurately, but we're not close to release yet.

I'll be continuing to work like this next week. I have some scenes with Zoey, Sage, Jill, and Isabella coming up.

Other information

Here's a little FYI. From the end of June to the start of July, I'll take roughly two weeks off.
It's been seven years since I last had a vacation, and this one comes at a time when I'll be at a wedding and traveling with my wife.

My time available for work during those weeks would already be somewhat limited, so I figured it was finally time for me to schedule some time off.

I will prepare a big animation queue that will last throughout those two weeks; I don't want the development to come to a grinding halt - it will be my top priority.

And I'll schedule some previews during the time I'm off too.

Have a nice weekend

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
Any recent community poll voting for the girls that i can still participate in or checkin out, i want to see more of the community POV about Maya and Rosy, im new and only reach chapter 6 so far, but im so glad i got mix up between "Status" and "affinity" in this game ,accidentally get Dik status (cant resist all these hot chicks and punch-able face in here ) got lock out of relationship of these 2 girls completely, i nearly revert to an older save to redo my choices, but im glad i didnt, the more i play and actually read the guide carefully, i realize being in relationship with them lock u out of so many scene with the HOT girls and my guts tell me ima get locked out from Isabella/Jill relationship + scenes in the later chapter too . Base on look, background, personality, stories wise, they look pale compare to the other girls , tho i feel like someone who have invest in Rosy and Maya relationship may have a different opinion tho, and i would love to hear bout it.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You again? I didn't mean to say this, but you got issues, man. Your theories are bizarre and the origin of your creativity is doubtful to say the least. If you frequent this forum under the influence of drugs, ignore what I said. Your obsession with Maya is pretty weird too, if the DPC posts a preview of Zoey's stepfather I'm sure you'll come up with a theory to put Maya in the middle of the preview because for you every preview has to do with Maya.
You have no imagination, that's all.

You want me to be obsessed with Maya? As everyone knows, I play JM. Except I'm not one of those guys who blindly accepts everything they see and glorifies the LI they choose.

If you just take things for granted in your life without questioning them, that's your problem. You mostly just write about the obvious, which anyone can read anyway. In case you haven't noticed: DPC often shows obvious things that are not so. What's the best way to hide things?

In plain sight.
Hmm, this reminded me of how someone pointed out how Quinn and Maya are basically Melissa split into two characters during the release of episode 3. Something like if Melissa was a spectrum of naive but fun, with one side being toxic and the other healthy, Quinn being the extremely toxic side, and Maya being the extremely healthy side. Josy is just Megan in a different font.

Damn, I can't find it, maybe it was on Reddit instead. Not that I'll be going back into that cesspool again. It would take something drastic for that to happen.

*Edit*: Holy shit! Now that I'm thinking about it, Rox and Melissa's stepfather have a similar model, possibly even Stephen Burke. Just slimmed down and altered. I'm too lazy to look over them, but can someone see if I'm imagining things or not?
I've never played Al, so I can't quite understand the comparison with Melissa and Mega. But I do agree with you on one thing. Quinn and Maya are like the two sides of a coin.

But what amazes me is, whether the MC wants Quinn or Maya, that coin seems to be slowly switching sides. Quinn is getting softer and Maya is discovering her rebellious side. This doesn't affect her activities, but her character traits.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
If Dalli knew how to work with Daz Studio or Blender, he could have at least 7 or 8 different versions of BaDIK and put DPC out of business... I'm just not sure what sort of "wow factor" he'd bring to the table though.

:ROFLMAO:
My good the joke is such that in the past have accumulated more than 20 years of experience with Poser, Daz3D, Blender, 3D Max, Gimp, Photoshop, etc.. I have also modified games. Söldner Secret Wars, Battlefiel 2, Sims, Skyrim, Fallout.

The question for me is not whether I could develop a game, but whether I have the desire to do so. No, I don't have the desire, because I'd rather play games than develop them. Programming bores me too quickly and then I lose the desire and motivation. In this respect, I admire DPC.

"You only live once" My philosophy is to do what I enjoy as much as possible in my life. I see no point in spending my free time doing things that bore me.

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
My good the joke is such that in the past have accumulated more than 20 years of experience with Poser, Daz3D, Blender, 3D Max, Gimp, Photoshop, etc.. I have also modified games. Söldner Secret Wars, Battlefiel 2, Sims, Skyrim, Fallout.
Sounds similar to my backstory. Except I'm just now learning Daz3D and debating whether I should learn Blender.

The question for me is not whether I could develop a game, but whether I have the desire to do so. No, I don't have the desire, because I'd rather play games than develop them
I'd like to, but I'm stuck debating whether I'm ready or not to spend that much time on it just for a couple of personal ideas.

Programming bores me too quickly and then I lose the desire and motivation. In this respect, I admire DPC.
I'm the same way.
I wholeheartedly agree. (y)

"You only live once" My philosophy is to do what I enjoy as much as possible in my life. I see no point in spending my free time doing things that bore me.
I still think you should try something though. I might have made a joke about you, but that's mainly because you do put in a lot of effort in flexing your imagination, and that's never a bad thing. Why not make it profitable?
;)
:cool:

• Thinking Face

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
... I'm just now learning Daz3D and debating whether I should learn Blender.
For what it's worth, I'd really encourage you to learn Blender. TBH I've never tried Daz but from what I understand of it, the basics of both are similar enough that adapting to Blender should not be too difficult. But Blender has so much more, and there are excellent tutorials aimed at users from beginner to professional levels.

Also, I've noticed several Daz artists mention that they are now using Blender in their "pipeline", so I'd guess it's possible to import/export between the two.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
It's pretty strange to see the massive amount of Jill fans on Reddit. There are many, like, several of them. On this forum I think I've seen 2 or 3 guys who like Jill. Also, Geralt From Rivia is right, Reddit is a shelter for Sally fans.
Eh. There's plenty here who are obsessed with that little blonde bitch, too.

Smolder at me, girl. It is my fuel.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
For what it's worth, I'd really encourage you to learn Blender. TBH I've never tried Daz but from what I understand of it, the basics of both are similar enough that adapting to Blender should not be too difficult. But Blender has so much more, and there are excellent tutorials aimed at users from beginner to professional levels.

Also, I've noticed several Daz artists mention that they are now using Blender in their "pipeline", so I'd guess it's possible to import/export between the two.
Thing is, I was already working with photoshop professionally back in the mid 90's (from 97 to 2001), and that was roughly 25yrs ago and I was in my late 20's then. Today, I have a few decent ideas for story telling, but considering the time I'd have to invest learning new techniques etc, reinvesting in a graphics card just to cough an idea up has gotten me thinking quite a bit lately. Mostly about whether or not I've got my priorities straight.

Do I want to spend $600-$800 or more for an Nvidia card just for rendering!? That sort of pisses me off. This isn't something I was planning to ask money for either, my plan was to just slap some ideas together and just upload them once done. My personal motivations for wanting to tell one particular story I had in mind was based off personal experiences.

My initial thought was to put something out there to make people realize that some folks do things for very specific reasons in life and leave deep scars to people around them. And how we judge these situations harshly without basis or without thinking about the things that are said and done. A bit of a "gut puncher" if you will. But lately having had the opportunity to just put most of it on paper has been more helpful to me than actually following through. So I'm now at the stage where I'm debating whether I still wish/need to go through with this at all.

But I will say this though, Daz3D has been a relatively fun learning curve.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BartPS and dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Sounds similar to my backstory. Except I'm just now learning Daz3D and debating whether I should learn Blender.

I'd like to, but I'm stuck debating whether I'm ready or not to spend that much time on it just for a couple of personal ideas.

I'm the same way.
I wholeheartedly agree. (y)

I still think you should try something though. I might have made a joke about you, but that's mainly because you do put in a lot of effort in flexing your imagination, and that's never a bad thing. Why not make it profitable?
;)
In any case, you should learn Blender. It's a great program. If you enjoy creating 3D graphics and models, I recommend experimenting with even more programs. On the whole, many programs are similar in terms of their functions, but the operation of the programs is a matter of taste. If you find it easier to use a program, you are more efficient and thus you stay motivated longer.

For example, I found Milkshape 3D easier to use when building a skeleton for a 3D model. For creating your own clothes for a character, for example, Marvelous Designer is very good. For texture creation, I used to switch from Photoshop to Gimp. I personally find the handling better than Photoshop.

I enjoyed it for 20 years and I hope that Starfield will make me want to be more active in modding games. I can only give you one piece of advice. Try it out. If you enjoy it, you won't lose interest in it. If at some point you don't enjoy it anymore and you stop, you know that you were doing what you enjoyed at the time and it won't be remembered as lost time.

Zoey is actually the negative example. She had an interest in surfing, she tried it out, and then realized in the middle of Interlude that she wasn't enjoying it as much after all. If she had quit surfing then and gone back home, she would still have some of her inheritance left and might have gotten back together with her MC and not feel like a loser.

I am not so money fixated. I studied business administration and worked in this industry for some time until I realized that I didn't enjoy it. Now I've been driving streetcars and buses for a few years. I enjoy it. You get to know many people, the driving itself, is fun and in the summer girls are scantily clad. Hahaha. I earn more than I have to or can spend in the month. That's enough for me. Don't get me wrong, if the big man in the sky wants me to win the lottery, I won't be saying. Hahaha.

No, creating theories and fanfiction is fun for me. Many don't know how to come up with it, while it's quite simple. DPC once wrote in his Q&A to be very careful not to have so many repeated words. Why? Because otherwise you can see too quickly where the MC's journey is going. If DPC has to pay attention to that, that's the incentive for me to look for it. So you can see links and connections and then you just have to create a context. Perfect head cinema. I create several BaDIK universes with so in my mind and so BaDIK will not bore me.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Thing is, I was already working with photoshop professionally back in the mid 90's (from 97 to 2001), and that was roughly 25yrs ago and I was in my late 20's then. Today, I have a few decent ideas for story telling, but considering the time I'd have to invest learning new techniques etc, reinvesting in a graphics card just to cough an idea up has gotten me thinking quite a bit lately. Mostly about whether or not I've got my priorities straight.

Do I want to spend $600-$800 or more for an Nvidia card just for rendering!? That sort of pisses me off. This isn't something I was planning to ask money for either, my plan was to just slap some ideas together and just upload them once done. My personal motivations for wanting to tell one particular story I had in mind was based off personal experiences.

My initial thought was to put something out there to make people realize that some folks do things for very specific reasons in life and leave deep scars to people around them. And how we judge these situations harshly without basis or without thinking about the things that are said and done. A bit of a "gut puncher" if you will. But lately having had the opportunity to just put most of it on paper has been more helpful to me than actually following through. So I'm now at the stage where I'm debating whether I still wish/need to go through with this at all.

But I will say this though, Daz3D has been a relatively fun learning curve.
Why not combine the purchase of a new graphics card with what you enjoy doing now? I'm buying a new graphics card and a new, bigger monitor in July. It's all to prepare me for Starfield, because I expect to enjoy Starfield for at least 10 years.

If you buy a new graphics card because of something like that, you won't feel like you spent money pointlessly.

sampow

May 14, 2023
A post for y'all's pondering:

All of the mc's introspective thoughts from episodes 1 through to 9:

Episode 3 was the fist time, and to this day, we don't know the extent of this one:

mc: "At the time I couldn't understand Bella."​
mc: "The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong."​
mc: "I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman."​
mc: "I figured she felt the same since she was being unfaithful to her husband..."​
mc: "...which, of course, is a very big deal."​
mc: "But if I had known the real reasons to her tears..."​
mc: "...and to her persona..."​
mc: "I wouldn't have kissed her that night."​
mc: "I would have called out for help."​

Obviously this spawned a lot of theories and remains the most poignant passage in the game so far. :eek:

Then we had the "Doors" monologue at the end of Episode 3:

mc: "Doors are funny."​
mc: "Be it metal or be it wood, they're made to do the same things."​
mc: "To keep you safe or secluded..."​
mc: "...and to protect the things you value."​
mc: "Protect you from whatever is on the other side."​
mc: "Or worse..."​
mc: "They are made to keep things on the inside."​
mc: "Things you don't want anyone else to see."​
mc: "Locked away."​
mc: "It's weird to think that something so simple as a knock, often repeated three times, is all it takes to get someone to open that door."​
mc: "Curiosity takes over and it exposes you."​
mc: "Some doors are meant to stay closed."​
mc: "Because opening them..."​
mc: "...may change everything."​

It was pretty cool the first time I read it, culminating in Josy being on the other side of the door. Less impact now of course, it's all water under the bridge.

We didn't get another exposition until Episode 7:

mc: "When I look back at the first month I had at this place, I was worried that every day would be filled with crazy."​
mc: "How could I not think that? Every day was."​
mc: "There was everything from fighting people to Hell Week pranks and wild parties...ones that I either was invited to or had to attend anyway..."​
mc: "But after Hell Week, it kind of died down for a bit. Just like I hoped it would."​
mc: "Days were a bit more mundane."​
mc: "The DIKs were focused on working, and on top of that, I spent time studying."​
mc: "I started working out more."​
mc: "It was the same kind of workout I always did: cardio and sparring."​
mc: "But I was tempted to join the gym with Josy. Now I had the money for it."​
mc: "I didn't want to spend it frivolously, though."​
mc: "Since it wouldn't go a long way to help Maya, I just saved it."​
mc: "Well...not all of it. I put money back in the tuition account to cover the money I borrowed for the threesome with Quinn and Riona."​
mc: "I can't believe I spent $500 on that... Even if it was enjoyable, I was thinking with my dick."​
mc: "It was pretty dull at times, but dull days are needed to appreciate the fun ones."​
mc: "I thought about what Sage told me in the library, how it's good to have some sort of a balance between studies and parties..."​
mc: "I came to like that way of thinking more than I thought."​
mc: "But then the weekend came, and I could feel how the DIKs weren't having any fun."​
mc: "Hey, I was bored too, but I had to act like I wasn't to keep the morale up."​
mc: "We had to save money for the mansion."​
mc: "Everyone wanted to restore their rooms and have it like it was before."​
mc: "They were missing the strobe light dancing, the bar tables, the mini-fridges filled with alcohol..."​
mc: "...the crowded parties, the blasting music and the relaxing and fun times."​
mc: "And instead, they were faced with something new to them. Reality."​
mc: "It didn't matter how hard we worked, the money wasn't meant to be spent on anything until the place was back into shape."​
mc: "This made the weekend feel a bit weird, and well..."​
mc: "The boys tried finding other ways of satiating their need for alcohol."​

This scene is actually my favourite non-lewd animated scene so far. The mc going for a jog while he reminisces about how things started turning out. I feel that DPC nailed that whole scene. I felt nostalgic just watching it. :giggle: Not sure about it leading into Vodka Tampon Bullets though! :eek:

Later on in Episode 7 we get some more inner dialogue:

mc: "Dad brought us three vans filled with furniture. Granted, some were worn out and ended up in the dumpster after inspection..."​
mc: "...but a lot of it we could use. There was everything from fancy to standard furniture in that van. Hell, there even were mini-fridges and TVs from that hotel."​
mc: "We really struck gold."​
mc: "After unloading the truck, everyone was excited to pick out what they liked for their rooms and the mansion."​
mc: "We didn't quite finish, but we spent all day decorating the mansion. Well, the parts of it that we could at the moment."​
mc: "After seeing even more potential than I thought for my room, I was starting to get worried that others would get jealous."​
mc: "Even so, this room was mine now, and I worked hard for it."​

This was another scene with some non-lewd animation that I thought was really nice. The panning shot of the mc's room was cool. I felt his satisfaction. A side note, that animation of the (almost finished) mc's room was the largest animation file in the game at that point! I won't tell you that the third longest animation at that point was the introduction of the Madame!

Then came the end of Episode 7:

mc: "Josy knew some of my life struggles, but I don't think she could quite relate to that feeling I had walking through the gym."​
mc: "It might sound stupid, but I felt like I was...normal. I've always felt a bit on the outside when growing up."​
mc: "But I tried to be me, and that can be hard."​
mc: "Being yourself isn't just about showing your best sides to others..."​
mc: "...it's coming to terms with your flaws and daring to be different if it is what it takes to be you."​
mc: "People hide the way they are in many different ways."​
mc: "The truth is that it takes guts to show people who you are, unfiltered."​
mc: "But it's never too late if you want to change and walk that path through life."​
mc: "It can take one person to make you want to change and take that first step."​
mc: "Although not recommended, sometimes, alcohol does the job for you."​
mc: "And if you dared to be yourself, who knows what you'd stand to gain."​
mc: "But on the other hand..."​
mc: "If you dared to be yourself..."​
mc: "...who knows what you'd stand to lose."​

This was a cool note to finish the episode on. I enjoyed how the camera focused on so many different characters, giving us a little peek into their lives.

In Episode 8 there was a bit more retrospection:

If you blew it with Jill:

mc: "I've been thinking about that moment a lot..."​
mc: "In retrospect, I can't say that I blame her."​
mc: "I didn't show enough interest in her or let her know that I was interested."​
mc: "Love doesn't come without effort."​
mc: "She made her choice and I had to respect that."​
mc: "It sucked and hurt, but it wasn't the end of the world."​
mc: "It meant I had to keep trying to find love."​

Or for those who went on that fated picnic:

mc: "Some moments in life make life worth living and, for me, this was one of them..."​
mc: "Choosing to be with Jill was such an easy choice. And not because it was convenient, but because when the moment came to decide...I didn't second-guess myself."​
mc: "I dreaded breaking the news to Josy and Maya..."​
mc: "The only thing comforting me was that we agreed on having no strings attached from the start."​
mc: "But all I felt at that moment with Jill was happiness."​

For those who spent 8 episodes chasing Jill, it was appropriate that either way, the mc stopped and took a good look at where he stood.

Then there was the winddown at the end of Episode 8:

mc: "Summer was over. And we welcomed fall...and winter."​
mc: "I'm getting ahead of myself."​
mc: "From desperate times to the promise of happier ones."​
mc: "Things were finally changing for the better."​
mc: "At least, that was how it felt at the time."​
mc: "Well... Some things were. Others, not so much."​
mc: "The point is, changes were coming for everyone."​
mc: "People come."​
mc: "And people go."​
mc: "Yes, even teachers."​
mc: "And some people even return."​
mc: "It's the circle of college."​
mc: "With these changes, new choices present themselves."​
mc: "I hadn't found the perfect time to tell Jill about my change of heart yet..."​
mc: "...and postponing to tell Josy and Maya the same thing wasn't something I looked forward to."​
mc: "But telling them at this time wasn't an option for me. I didn't want to kick someone who was already down and trying to get back up."​

Which of course lead into the infamous, "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." scene (and I don't mean a "fuck scene"):

mc: "Looking back at it... I keep wondering how the fuck I missed it."​
mc: "I chalk it down to never asking the right questions."​
mc: "I think it was the walls in the hallway that first made me feel ill."​
mc: "Or was it that all too familiar scent?"​
mc: "As I walked into their home..."​
mc: "It was like my body was on auto-pilot..."​
mc: "It hadn't understood what had already hit my brain like a truck in slow motion."​
mc: "There was just one word on my mind, and it kept repeating."​
mc: "Fuck."​
mc: "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."​
mc: 'Fuck."​
I love that he actually said it out loud in the last line. :p

Then comes Episode 9, and like all things episode 9, even the exposition was pretty lousy:

mc: "That night, the guests came in waves."​
mc: "First to the party were the dormies."​
mc: "As Tommy explained, dorm people who love to party with us come early, so they don't miss out."​
mc: "They aren't the most fun people to hang around, but some of them might surprise you."​
mc: "We had a shot battle coming up, so fun times started early on."​
mc: "The HOTs came later than expected."​
mc: "At least it felt that way; maybe it's because the dormies came early."​
mc: "Showing up a bit late was the HOTs' thing tonight. It was like they were the main event."​
mc: "And boy, did they look the part."​
mc: "The party was by no means perfect. Just like Tommy tried to warn me when we planned it, things would go wrong."​
mc: "Last to our party came The Pink Rose girls."​
mc: "I'd say this was around when trouble started, but it had been brewing all night."​

The mc's narrative of the night was really quite bland, unlike the previous episodes where his inner monologue had provided us food for thought or invoked emotion, episode 9 was just mater-of-fact statements... Please DPC, pick up your act for future episode! :mad:

But anyway, that's all there is to it.

I thought it'd be interesting to put a spotlight on all of this, because I liked (up until episode 9) the way DPC injected the mc's retrospective thoughts into various scenes. I like the formula of a monologue stocktake at the end of the episode, although when it starts I'm like, "Fuck, the episode is ending! Nooo!", it's still a very good way to end each chapter.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Why not combine the purchase of a new graphics card with what you enjoy doing now? I'm buying a new graphics card and a new, bigger monitor in July. It's all to prepare me for Starfield, because I expect to enjoy Starfield for at least 10 years.

If you buy a new graphics card because of something like that, you won't feel like you spent money pointlessly.
That's kind of why I mention that I'm now at a crossroads at this point in time. I consider my AAA FPS gaming days are way behind me now, I'd actually would be happy with a 32MB AGP card again. And considering that fact, I really feel as if investing in that now would be taking money away from where I actually need to spend it. Not only that, I also secretly despise Nvidia (ok no longer a secret LOL). I can't stand companies that are 'full of themselves', and that is Nvidia in a nutshell.

I've already invested too much in my AMD Threadripper rig, I hate the idea of polluting it with Nvidia garbage.
*shrugs*

• Thinking Face

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Finding all references and links in characters personalities, behaviours, life situations between this 2 games is a big and time-consuming job. As well as comparing the plot twists, writing, etc, knowing that author is the same. I tried to start, but I shelved this idea soon.

In AL, the only antagonist MC could romance was Leah. In BADIK, it's only Quinn, so far. But I have a feeling that there will be some kind of insidious surprise with one of the MGs. For certain reasons, Bella and Sage cause me such feelings.

Bella - because of an incomprehensible situation with her husband, a strange connection with Jill, and that closed damn room (hello Leah) and the MCs words in EP3 as the narrator of the story "But if I had known the real reasons to her tears, and to her persona... I wouldn't have kissed her that night. I would have called out for help." And what's even scarier, it's unclear, help for whom he meant that time - for her sake or for his own. We seen a scene, when she opens this room and looks inside only once, right after that particular scene in the library I mentioned above.

Sage - because of the constant feeling that something doesn't add up here. We know that she is not stupid, but on the contrary a very smart and insightful girl. This is in great contrast to the fact that she doesn't notice so much time (up to 2 years!) what's going on right under her nose, in particular what Quinn does and what her father does. Maybe it's just paranoia or waiting for a trick from where there really isn't one. Either the DPC is shitting us like that, forcing a drama like "She didn't know anything," but... when the drama is too obvious and predictable and you anticipate a certain denouement after a few episodes, this is a bad drama. We are all waiting for what will happen when she finds out about the Quinn and her adoptive father involvements in dark businesses and activities. But what if everything is completely different? Or not so unambiguously, at least. Breaking expectations and predictable outcomes is so exciting. I am haunted by the "HOTs secret code", both Sage and Quinn mentioned it, but never told MC what it implies. Quinn noted (the cafeteria scene in EP6, if you choose to have lunch with Sage & Quinn rather than with J&M) which she might have told MC, but only if he wasn't Maya's Ken. Sage did not respond to this and did not react in any way.

My point is that in AL we didn't have a single fucking chance to somehow suspect something was wrong in principle and Leah in particular. Only later all evidences fall like snow on players head. That she was constantly around, taking pictures, watching out the windows, even hiding in the closet and stealing personal belongings, not to mention the time MC spent in the hospital. Quinn is too obvious target to be a Leah replacement. She is more of a type, like, an antagonistic sexually attractive character and a classic bad girl (very bad), which is made in very blatant way. But hidden evil maybe somewhere else as well. We'll wait and see.

Holy shit! Now that I'm thinking about it, Rox and Melissa's stepfather have a similar model, possibly even Stephen Burke. Just slimmed down and altered. I'm too lazy to look over them, but can someone see if I'm imagining things or not?
For the sake of God don't show this to dalli_x
well, seems it's too late...

dalli-x.png He already generates a bunch of new theories -> dalli-x planning new theories.png

My good the joke is such that in the past have accumulated more than 20 years of experience with Poser, Daz3D, Blender, 3D Max, Gimp, Photoshop, etc.. I have also modified games.
OMFG. I don't know whether to rejoice or grieve... If DPC will abandon BADIK or accidently, unexpectedly die, then you will save our sinful asses, right, dalli_x? BUT, would you guys, personally, grab such a lifeline? It's like making a deal with the devil out of desperation. You realize that you've already lost, but you do it anyway, knowing that it will only get worse :KEK:
I am seriously afraid to even imagine the development of the plot in this case. On the other hand, if all of the of DPCs endings will out shitty (and we won't die before the DPC, waiting for the last episode :HideThePain: since some of us are already old men), especially the J&M ones, then we know who to ask for mods :WeSmart:It's a good news (with a grain bag of salt).

Whatever it was,
May God rest your souls, brothers.

Since Sage's route is not a landmine but a real walking nuclear bomb, I believe that Sage and the MC will become even closer from season 3 onwards. Sage's route has many trials that the MC must go through. If the right cards are played, Sage will realize that the MC (whether romance with Sage or just friendship) was her one true friend throughout her entire stay at B&R. If Sage had a crush on the MC before, that crush will definitely escalate after all is said and done.
Well said. If the DPC didn't plan anything bad for her, then this is a plausible scenario. If she doesn't find out the truth about the background of her family (at least her father) and the truth about Quinn, then I don't see a reasonable and plausible happy end for this couple. It's her last year in B&R and MC will have to deal with her family then, Quinn should become a president of HOTs, etc.

Her adopted family, while they are not the best parents in the world, saved her and got a much better life, she would have otherwise. So reveal of what is going on in real there could be a huge blow to her. We also don't know exactly what's there with her birth parents (mother especially). Then a Quinn, whom she trusted like a sister and invested so much, on the other side. So, yeah, MCs place in her life will be cemented since after then. A best friends or a best boyfriend, it depends.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes