tg

May 1, 2017
OK, so I investigated how Brawler works. It all looks OK, as far as basic mechanics are concerned.

But, on playing with Jock with Dex 3, I noticed that he'd (or actually all the fighters, but I spend a lot of time fighting Jock to make sure) get some really cheap shots in when there were only three symbols at play, meaning it was a light attack. Too short, and he usually got a hit in, simply because I was fractionally too slow to input the right combo.

In code, the guy responsible is on line 338 of pov_brawler.rpy

The original looks like this:

Code:
if numberOfHits == 5:
    $ pov_timer = 3
    $ blockCombination = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
    $ arrowXPositionArray = [710, 810, 910, 1010, 1110]
elif numberOfHits == 4:
    $ pov_timer = 2
    $ blockCombination = [0, 0, 0, 0]
    $ arrowXPositionArray = [760, 860, 960, 1060]
else:
    $ pov_timer = 1
    $ blockCombination = [0, 0, 0]
    $ arrowXPositionArray = [810, 910, 1010]
So, I changed it to:

Code:
if numberOfHits == 5:
    $ pov_timer = 3
    $ blockCombination = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
    $ arrowXPositionArray = [710, 810, 910, 1010, 1110]
elif numberOfHits == 4:
    $ pov_timer = 2
    $ blockCombination = [0, 0, 0, 0]
    $ arrowXPositionArray = [760, 860, 960, 1060]
else:
    $ pov_timer = 1.25
    $ blockCombination = [0, 0, 0]
    $ arrowXPositionArray = [810, 910, 1010]
And this works pretty good. It just gives you a fraction of a second more to get the combo in, which is plenty. The other values are fine. And I was only getting these cheap shots with the light hits. This solves the problem. So, anyone that is having trouble winning the rights on normal hardness, maybe you could give this fix a go, and see how it plays now? You'll have to use unren to decompile the archives. And, the line you're looking for is 338, of pov_brawler.rpy, like I already said.

I won't be putting this out as a mod. But, in my opinion, it would be a good correction for the game, if the author wants feedback on the mechanics of this minigame.

Jun 28, 2018
this game and where the heart is are completely slaughtering the competition. only other games i can think of that come close are come a rockstar and the visit. if anyone disagrees and has suggestions, id like to hear it.

Reactions: Secretplayer

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Haven't been here for a while, damn there are people still actually defending Maya? Big lol
Also, what's up? Missed like 150 pages xD

• Haha
Reactions: DaweFan69

DaweFan69

Jun 25, 2019
this game and where the heart is are completely slaughtering the competition. only other games i can think of that come close are come a rockstar and the visit. if anyone disagrees and has suggestions, id like to hear it.
Fallout New Vegas is pretty good

ok btu forreal in this genre , those games are the top rn. Milfy City too and Melody

Reactions: Secretplayer

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
didn't play where the heart is, is it that good?

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Any theories on the consequences / repercussions of the very last choice of episode 3?

I have to admit it was more of shock than the big reveal was.
1. After hearing "boy" enough for 3 lifetimes, MC explains what happens. Bella introduces him to her husband ...partially, as well as the "special toolbox" in her locked room. There is no episode 5.
2. Sage welcomes MC warmly and, noticing he's tired, let him go to sleep without talking. Then she texts Chad, telling him to hurry up, cause "that freshman" broke into her room. There is no episode 5.
3. Derek opens up a couple of beers and, with that confused dog face, asks what happens. After MC explains, well, Rusty'n'Tommy said the hat must be on a maggot at all times, not on a maggot's head.

Last edited:

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
1. After hearing "boy" enough for 3 lifetimes, MC explains what happens. Bella introduces him to her husband ...partially, as well as the "special toolbox" in her locked room. There is no episode 5.
2. Sage welcomes MC warmly and, noticing he's tired, let him go to sleep without talking. Then she texts Chad, telling him to hurry up, cause "that freshman" broke into her room. There is no episode 5.
3. Derek opens up a couple of beers and, with that confused dog face, asks what happens. After MC explains, well, Rusty'n'Tommy said the hat must be on a maggot at all times, not on a maggot's head.
damn that's dark, here i thought we would play this game for months from now... such a shame

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes