Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
1. Maya still have drama with everything, Josy dad doesn't like MC they will drama of some sort there with a little bit with Tommy.
Maya improving and resolving her troubles. The only one remained is her dad, at most.

What makes you think Josy's dad doesn't like MC? Yes, he could put 2+2 and realize that this guy is the one, Josy had date with while being caught. But I don't see any signs of antipathy. At least we should reach appropriate point and scene with their meeting to draw any further conclusions.

Thanks for this answer as well. You seem to have great knowledge not only of the game's story but also of its mechanics. It's really interesting how DPC will resolve this and it's a shame he doesn't want any help at all with the project. Even taking constructive criticism and patching some story beats here and there would be really cool. I just hope the end point of his work is not gonna be a frustrating one. Because, by the looks of it, if he ever ends the project, it's gonna be almost 10 years in the making.
Also, is there any list of all the cheating points MC can gather in EP9?
I am passionate about this game and I like to dig into it, including its code. But I am only one of many and hardly the best in this regard.

If you got interested in variables and other game stuff and mechanics and want something to start with, you may check this link
If you want to know my vision on this game overall, it's plot in particular and how I see origin and further plot and characters development in compare with previous game of author, then you may read it here

Thanks for the answer, but my issue wasn't about the story making sense in this particular situation but in something else. I don't like the fact that Jill only decides to fight for MC if he rejects her for Bella specifically. While I understand why she would want to fight in this specific instance, I believe she would still fight if MC wanted to dump her for Sage or Maya & Josy.

It's sadly the fate of almost every artistic production, which allows for multiple different routes. People's motives, wants, and needs shouldn't change if they weren't or aren't influenced by MC's words or decisions. If you know the game Witcher 2, Act 2 of this game changes completely, which almost influences who wins the war. Yet the only thing changing between those two realities is Geralt of Rivia and that has its flaws. And once, a really crazy guy did a 5-hour analysis of this game, won't even link it because we should be reasonable. But in that video, he presented why it's bad.

So, going back to Being a Dik, it's a sad example where in one universe Jill lost MC to Bella and she wants to fight like hell but in other nothing changed other than the fact that she lost to Sage and suddenly she doesn't need to fight. Which means that Bella is the only changed factor, yet is still doesn't make sense why that wouldn't be the case with Sage.

Like I know that other people look differently at stuff but c'mon. I watched some good and bad dramas, even experienced some myself or seen my friends do it. Fight for a guy, I get it. Fight for a guy who chose different gal, I get it.

But bloody hell, fight for a guy who decided to choose your friend? I can give you the benefit of the doubt that someone would do that, but if they did THAT, they would also fight for a guy who chose a girl you only barely know, you know what? It would be even less taxing on your f*cking psyche.

And why it works like that? Because DPC works with HUGE ammount of variables like @Kpyna pointed out. Maybe we can go back to Jill in episodes 12 or 14, but for now, DPC decided that after rejecting her or going on Others path it's the end of the road. Yet he had plans for her, MC and Bella to have a romantic triangle. Which I 100% understand, because I agree with you, it's gonna be one hell of a drama. Like I can already picture myself playing through this story and having tons of fan. And if you look at this story in isolation, you can see that it makes total sense, great writting, no plot holes. The issue comes if you know many different alternative universes and compare them to one another.

I know that we can explain it to make it make sense, really, it's the only thing we can do. I also know that comparing differetn alternative universe doesn't make much of a sense but even DPC wants us to play the game multiple times. And seeing Jill in the similar circumstance react in different ways JUST BECAUSE is frustrating. I don't like it and I view it as a flaw in the story. Thanks for chippin in.
Any product, especially video games, even so decent and complex like BADIK have it's limitations and borders. At least as long as people make them. You mostly demand impossible. At first, author have it's own vision and plans on the plot and story he want to tell the players. So, choices available to player are not only limited with this factor, but with creator possibilities too. Many grumble that every new episode takes more and more time to release. If all things, ideas and twists you mentioned would be implemented - branching will reach insane levels and development time will increase even more significantly. We are only at the middle, but current branching and potential for further are already looks like impossible or very complex, at least. And it will go worse with each new episode, since amount of permutations and choices with consequences will probably only increase.

Common movies, tv shows and books always offer you only one version of the story, which their creators prepared and realized to viewers or readers. You like it or not, and you can't change it. Most games usually follow the similar path, sometimes allowing 2+ different endings to encourage player to replay, mostly. While most AVNs, which offer branched playthrough and different outcomes should have additional letter in their abreviature, like AIVN, where "I" is "Interactive". Because "AVN" is just an illustrated book, which usually doesn't offer any interactivity.

It is impossible to please everyone and create options and permutations that would suit everyone. Even adding or removing an option can, in principle, have both supporters and opponents, not to mention the very essence of these options.

When the AI reaches such a level that it can generate a plot and giant branchings (not just random ones, but so that they have some kind of meaning and consequences, and not only create the appearance or visibility of choice), then you would probably get what you want, but in such case, I doubt that players will be able to play out all such branches and outcomes.

Such a game will most likely not have any guides, because in order to create them, you will first need to go through all the branches and find out every connections and requirements to reach each point.

So instead of grumbling, try to find a similar-quality game that provides so many choices and potential consequences for each of it. Since BADIK (at least in AVN genre) is on top, I suppose you should be grateful.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Hello happy DIK lovers, long time i've not been here, do we have some news about what's coming next and when ?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Any product, especially video games, even so decent and complex like BADIK have it's limitations and borders. At least as long as people make them. You mostly demand impossible. At first, author have it's own vision and plans on the plot and story he want to tell the players. So, choices available to player are not only limited with this factor, but with creator possibilities too. Many grumble that every new episode takes more and more time to release. If all things, ideas and twists you mentioned would be implemented - branching will reach insane levels and development time will increase even more significantly. We are only at the middle, but current branching and potential for further are already looks like impossible or very complex, at least. And it will go worse with each new episode, since amount of permutations and choices with consequences will probably only increase.

Common movies, tv shows and books always offer you only one version of the story, which their creators prepared and realized to viewers or readers. You like it or not, and you can't change it. Most games usually follow the similar path, sometimes allowing 2+ different endings to encourage player to replay, mostly. While most AVNs, which offer branched playthrough and different outcomes should have additional letter in their abreviature, like AIVN, where "I" is "Interactive". Because "AVN" is just an illustrated book, which usually doesn't offer any interactivity.

It is impossible to please everyone and create options and permutations that would suit everyone. Even adding or removing an option can, in principle, have both supporters and opponents, not to mention the very essence of these options.

When the AI reaches such a level that it can generate a plot and giant branchings (not just random ones, but so that they have some kind of meaning and consequences, and not only create the appearance or visibility of choice), then you would probably get what you want, but in such case, I doubt that players will be able to play out all such branches and outcomes.

Such a game will most likely not have any guides, because in order to create them, you will first need to go through all the branches and find out every connections and requirements to reach each point.

So instead of grumbling, try to find a similar-quality game that provides so many choices and potential consequences for each of it. Since BADIK (at least in AVN genre) is on top, I suppose you should be grateful.
I often say this to the crowd that complains about the increase in the intervals between updates. Game is immersive, it has a choice that opens up more and more possibilities and all of them need to be processed. This happens with all immersive games. Usually starts with a month for a new episode and then numbers grows exponentially. At some point, growth slows down if the developer continues to actively work on the project and doesn't burnout like some, or even worse - doesn't become a scammer (hello ICSTOR). Of course, DPC can cut some content that the community has a consensus about the uselessness of this content, but there are very few of that content. And it will set a precedent for whiners who will ask to cut what they don't like. I understand the emotions of people who want to see the updates ASAP, but I prefer to keep a cold mind and reconcile with the fact that it will be long. DPC tells his story the way he wants to and he does it well.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Actual legend for bothering to answer these questions for ppl returning to the thread instead of letting them search for it.
Well, it takes roughly the same amount of effort to tell them as it does to say "SeArCh FoR iT". Plus if you answer properly every now and again people are less inclined to ask because it is right there. If that makes me a legend. Then so be it. Does it come with a badge?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes