Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I often say this to the crowd that complains about the increase in the intervals between updates. Game is immersive, it has a choice that opens up more and more possibilities and all of them need to be processed. This happens with all immersive games. Usually starts with a month for a new episode and then numbers grows exponentially. At some point, growth slows down if the developer continues to actively work on the project and doesn't burnout like some, or even worse - doesn't become a scammer (hello ICSTOR). Of course, DPC can cut some content that the community has a consensus about the uselessness of this content, but there are very few of that content. And it will set a precedent for whiners who will ask to cut what they don't like. I understand the emotions of people who want to see the updates ASAP, but I prefer to keep a cold mind and reconcile with the fact that it will be long. DPC tells his story the way he wants to and he does it well.
You put it into words better than I ever could
I agree with everything you just said

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
Well, it takes roughly the same amount of effort to tell them as it does to say "SeArCh FoR iT". Plus if you answer properly every now and again people are less inclined to ask because it is right there. If that makes me a legend. Then so be it. Does it come with a badge?
It comes with my absolute seal of respect, which is completely worthless at first sight, but you can redeem it for a single honor point at your local place of worship after giving the secret handsake (You will receive a pdf with the sketch) . This honor point can then be spent to give yourself a permanent +5 holy damage for the rest of your life, or improve your luck(+2) at salary negotiations.

Reactions: Orgitas

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
It comes with my absolute seal of respect, which is completely worthless at first sight, but you can redeem it for a single honor point at your local place of worship after giving the secret handsake (You will receive a pdf with the sketch) . This honor point can then be spent to give yourself a permanent +5 holy damage for the rest of your life, or improve your luck(+2) at salary negotiations.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't know if it was mentioned here before or not, but playing game one more time while preparing save with particular permutations and goals bringed a fresh clue.

View attachment 2829865
View attachment 2829889 View attachment 2829891

Man behind Neil is, probably, Pete with Iris (Josy's birth mother). Since things in Lynette diary is happening about 20 years ago, this seems plausible.
The hint is not new. I noticed and posted this a few months ago. This girl is taller than Pete even though she wears flat shoes. Josy is very small and that is genetically determined. So I don't think so that's Iris Moore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Let's clear one other thing up before the surprise, because I think the same thing, so Neil and Pete know each other. They're not close friends or anything now, just buddies who see each other occasionally and exchange a word.
So we have Pete, an unknown girl with definitely dyed hair and on the far right a guy who is on the phone. Of course, this guy is a billboard in this scene because he appears a lot in the game. But a billboard can later be turned into a real character if the need arises. Whom?

Last edited:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I certainly don't agree with everything DPC does (long animations in poorly-optimized and slow Daz, Madame Rose, Sally, D&G sessions are unnecessary things that I will continue to joke about) but fuck it, his project - his rules.
It's just a pity that the bus animation was too short. There was something philosophical about it. In the best traditions of Fellini, Antonioni, Kubrick.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020

You son a gun.png

Any product, especially video games, even so decent and complex like BADIK have it's limitations and borders. At least as long as people make them. You mostly demand impossible. At first, author have it's own vision and plans on the plot and story he want to tell the players. So, choices available to player are not only limited with this factor, but with creator possibilities too. Many grumble that every new episode takes more and more time to release. If all things, ideas and twists you mentioned would be implemented - branching will reach insane levels and development time will increase even more significantly. We are only at the middle, but current branching and potential for further are already looks like impossible or very complex, at least. And it will go worse with each new episode, since amount of permutations and choices with consequences will probably only increase.

Common movies, tv shows and books always offer you only one version of the story, which their creators prepared and realized to viewers or readers. You like it or not, and you can't change it. Most games usually follow the similar path, sometimes allowing 2+ different endings to encourage player to replay, mostly. While most AVNs, which offer branched playthrough and different outcomes should have additional letter in their abreviature, like AIVN, where "I" is "Interactive". Because "AVN" is just an illustrated book, which usually doesn't offer any interactivity.

It is impossible to please everyone and create options and permutations that would suit everyone. Even adding or removing an option can, in principle, have both supporters and opponents, not to mention the very essence of these options.

When the AI reaches such a level that it can generate a plot and giant branchings (not just random ones, but so that they have some kind of meaning and consequences, and not only create the appearance or visibility of choice), then you would probably get what you want, but in such case, I doubt that players will be able to play out all such branches and outcomes.

Such a game will most likely not have any guides, because in order to create them, you will first need to go through all the branches and find out every connections and requirements to reach each point.

So instead of grumbling, try to find a similar-quality game that provides so many choices and potential consequences for each of it. Since BADIK (at least in AVN genre) is on top, I suppose you should be grateful.

I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with this way of thinking. I understand that demanding perfection isn't realistic because we're all just humans here, and one of our most defining traits is the existence of flaws and mistakes that we make. My whole rant was a passionate rant, which I would never write about something I didn't like, enjoy, or appreciate. I wrote it because I like it so much and want it to be the best it could be, even though, in the grand scheme of things, my wall of text won't change anything or make a difference.

Regarding the impossible, I understand the amount of permutations is crazy and impossible to make perfect, but we're talking about the developer who:
  • Refuses help
  • Refuses any valid criticism of his work
  • Became ambitious and expanded the number of permutations this game would have, because I won't believe you that Quinn, Rionna, Nicole, Lily, or even Melanie and Sarah would have so much. Quinn is a sure one, but people are speculating, based on stuff presented in recent episodes, that even Rionna or Nicole will become an option for MC on Others path.

The amount of work is crazy and the work itself is and will be hard, not even talking about the amount of time it will take. But let's not speak like everything that could've made this game even better is out of DPC hands.

Your last point is, in my opinion, not the right mindset to have while sharing arguments about an art form. I will give you that: I'm not at any other thread because I'm not into adult games that much; I sit here because I'm invested in the story and this particular game because of its high quality in many different aspects. IMO, BaDIK is the best VA I've ever played and it's not even finished!

That being said, being the best there was, there is, or there ever will be, shouldn't protect anything from criticism. I'm grateful for this amazing experience, but I don't believe that should prohibit me from criticising it. Or, from another perspective, criticising it doesn't automatically make me ungrateful.

Reactions: DavDR

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
The hint is not new. I noticed and posted this a few months ago. This girl is taller than Pete even though she wears flat shoes. Josy is very small and that is genetically determined. So I don't think so that's Iris Moore.
To me, their height looks the same.

Now check out the height of Josy's father, he is not THAT tall. He stands straight, while Josy bent her knees a bit.
Also Josy's height is not an issue at all. Her diminutiveness is evident in other places. Look at her hands, look at her body. Compare with any other girl. While she have same height with Sara and probably somebody else, they have different body features.

Let's clear one other thing up before the surprise, because I think the same thing, so Neil and Pete know each other. They're not close friends or anything now, just buddies who see each other occasionally and exchange a word.
So we have Pete, an unknown girl with definitely dyed hair and on the far right a guy who is on the phone. Of course, this guy is a billboard in this scene because he appears a lot in the game. But a billboard can later be turned into a real character if the need arises. Whom?
:HideThePain: :oops:

Dude, I consider this as easter egg, but your theories brings almost all characters so they are involved and related somehow to each other. It's implausible and it's a cheap gluing of characters together, as for me.
Like the scene in Interlude, where we see Steve's father and woman he cheat with on his wife.

Do you understand the difference between an Easter egg or just a little hint and an really important connection between the characters? The first is obvious, the second is not, besides, there are no prerequisites for the second. It's like the border of plausibility. When the parents of the characters (and just other characters) accidentally participate in one render or unwittingly participate in scenes, which took place some time ago. It's fun, it's a coincidence, but there's no true connection between them. And it's quite another thing to build theories based on these scenes that they all must be somehow connected due to this.

And regarding names... There are much fewer people names in particular country/region than assets in DAZ. So, sometimes you'd probably have to reuse them. Just imagine how much Petes could live even on one street, I'm not talking about whole city, region or state. At least the last name is more important here, since it's much more unique than the first names.

Also, I don't think that DPC would put a hint into a part of the game, which is optionable. As well as this job board works randomly and you may never get this job in your playthrough even with mini-games on.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
To me, their height looks the same.

Now check out the height of Josy's father, he is not THAT tall. He stands straight, while Josy bent her knees a bit.
Also Josy's height is not an issue at all. Her diminutiveness is evident in other places. Look at her hands, look at her body. Compare with any other girl. While she have same height with Sara and probably somebody else, they have different body features.

:HideThePain: :oops:

Dude, I consider this as easter egg, but your theories brings almost all characters so they are involved and related somehow to each other. It's implausible and it's a cheap gluing of characters together, as for me.
Like the scene in Interlude, where we see Steve's father and woman he cheat with on his wife.

Do you understand the difference between an Easter egg or just a little hint and an really important connection between the characters? The first is obvious, the second is not, besides, there are no prerequisites for the second. It's like the border of plausibility. When the parents of the characters (and just other characters) accidentally participate in one render or unwittingly participate in scenes, which took place some time ago. It's fun, it's a coincidence, but there's no true connection between them. And it's quite another thing to build theories based on these scenes that they all must be somehow connected due to this.

And regarding names... There are much fewer people names in particular country/region than assets in DAZ. So, sometimes you'd probably have to reuse them. Just imagine how much Petes could live even on one street, I'm not talking about whole city, region or state. At least the last name is more important here, since it's much more unique than the first names.

Also, I don't think that DPC would put a hint into a part of the game, which is optionable. As well as this job board works randomly and you may never get this job in your playthrough even with mini-games on.
However, this girl stands lower than Pete and wears flats. That's not Iris Moore.
screenshot0001.jpg

I don't care if there is a magic gene or not. Make your own observations. Children usually grow taller than their parents. I don't need any scientific genetic analysis for that.

What do you want with Easter Eggs? You should also include what is written in the pictures. In Interlude Zoey told the MC not to think that the parents followed their own rules when they were young which they are now imposing on their children. Also, you can assume that all parents drank and fucked around when they were young. The joke is so Josy asks her dad in EP9 what he did when she was her age and the MC gets goofy at that.

This is not an easter egg. Your problem is so that you can see something, but not see any parallels to what is written. Also, it wouldn't be wise for DPC to write the same thing in the picture along with it so that's Pete and Alison.

This optional part of the game, as you call it, is an integral part of the characters' parents. Why? Because some characters were conceived at that time. But precisely because of your mindset, so DPC wouldn't give a hint about the optional part of the game, it does.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Kpyna

honkyfifteen

Jan 14, 2020
Yo Guyz,
Before playing this Game i want to know ,
Does this Game contains Mother Son Incest as said on Tag?

I read the Game Description and lots of Reviews but still can't understand what this Game is about,

Can anyone please confirm if this is M/S incest Game or Not?
Yeah in future it will be revealed that Madame is your grandmother

• Wow
Reactions: PeopleCallMeSmile

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Except that this girl is a little lower than Pete and she's wearing flats. That's not Iris Moore.

I don't care if there is a magic gene or not. Make your own observations. Children usually grow taller than their parents. I don't need any scientific genetic analysis for that.
Not really a cut and dry thing. All down to genetics, health, nutritional diet and if the child caught an illness/disease that may effect growth. So, for example your own mother should have been much taller but due to poor health, a poor diet and medicine in her youth she was stunted and instead of being 5'9 she is 5'4 or something. Yet when she reproduces the genetic coding will still be for 5'9.

I expect it will be far more clear in the future when there are vaccines against most things, decent healthcare for all and well raised offspring is the absolute baseline. Which isn't the case, currently, due to the disparity of the rich and poor etc.

LordSanguine

Mar 7, 2019
With games of this quality that clearly have been made with care and love, a year per update doesnt seem that bad to me personally. You get alot of content with each update and these characters and story are worth waiting for.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have never even met this Madame character
Because I am a true gentleman who avoids the pink rose whenever possible

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with this way of thinking. I understand that demanding perfection isn't realistic because we're all just humans here, and one of our most defining traits is the existence of flaws and mistakes that we make.
Probably not, because you don't get the fact, that things you demand seems good to you, but may seem bad to another person or group of persons. It's impossible to please everybody at a time. Variations and options helps a lot, but even all this can't please everybody, still.

Regarding the impossible, I understand the amount of permutations is crazy and impossible to make perfect, but we're talking about the developer who:

• Refuses help
  • Refuses any valid criticism of his work
  • Became ambitious and expanded the number of permutations this game would have, because I won't believe you that Quinn, Rionna, Nicole, Lily, or even Melanie and Sarah would have so much. Quinn is a sure one, but people are speculating, based on stuff presented in recent episodes, that even Rionna or Nicole will become an option for MC on Others path.
This facts and your points are also disscussed quite often here and in other places.
1. Teams could work better, but usually not. There're a lot of examples, especially when we are talk about AVNs. In short. Team dillutes and sometimes spoils your ideas and vision of different aspects of the game. If we imagine the 2-3 additional people working with DPC in team, he will need to constantly manage such a team, control the quality and how it goes according to his vision. Managing and controling is not that easy. And spreading the tasks between different people not always speed up work. You will be quite lucky if you would be able to speed up the process, while quality will remain the same. Otherwise you won't get any increase in speed of production, but maybe (again, if you're lucky enough) you will have some more free time. And most of times such team may even slow down the production AND qualitiy of product at the same time. And finally... remember, that the author is obsessed and excited with his idea and it's realization. Would the hired team act the same way or they will only interested in money? It's rare when team acts properly and you can rely on each participant. Some may unexpectedly leave the project in a very improper moment. Some may steal data and spread it to spoil the project because of some resentment or something similar. And a lot of other stuff and troubles intended to co-workers. I prefer to work like DPC on my job, because I know that I must invest a lot of time to finally get an equal co-worker I can trust and be sure in him, but at the same time I hate to manage somebodys work, control it, etc. This mostly will always mean that I changing my job priorities and specialization, which I also don't like and plan to.

2. His game, his rules. He made it clear years ago in Q/A sessions. Since you passionate with game, I suppose you like it and you accept or is able to accept the things and moments you don't like. This also makes this game unique. Start to hear the crowds, change things on every request and you will follow the flow and will soon or later loose most of your original views and plans.

He allows some acceptable customizations for his patrons, such as girls outfits polls, etc. But he will never accept advices and criticism regarding plot, options, etc.

However, this girl stands lower than Pete and wears flats. That's not Iris Moore.
First you claim that according to the "genes" children should be like their parents and that it is unlikely that Pete and Iris are there. Then you admit it's probably Pete. Next you tell me that:
wtf? can you be a little bit more consistent?
What do you want with Easter Eggs?
Nothing! It's just fun, exciting and adorable!

While you fall far beyond and start to build theories from nothing, including ones, based on Easter Eggs.
Like if we seen Pete behind Neil, then they MUST be connected and even know each other.
I like to ask about examples, so what's the difference between scene in Interlude with MC and Zoey on train station with Steve's father and his new love and that scene from diary with Neil and Pete. No difference, both Easter Eggs, imo. We will probably see Iris some time later, but with that little hint, attentive players would have a clue by that moment that they had already seen her. Even more significant evidences like Chad's red sneakers in Troy's room just allows you or somebody else to reveal a little piece of story earlier than the rest of players will do, but nothing more than that. Do you feel the difference? Your theories goes far beyond anything. And if we will summarise them, then it will turn out that absolutely every character related somehow to each other. Will you like such plot twist(s) and outcome, personally? I'll immediately delete such shit and forget about it if it will play out in such way at finale or closer to it. It's damn heavily implausible and nullification all decent plot builded before.
Your problem is so that you can see something, but not see any parallels to what is written.
And yours is that you exagrigate absolutely everything, even Easter Eggs or coincidences made and intended just for fun or to praise some players attention.
This optional part of the game, as you call it, is an integral part of the characters' parents. Why? Because some characters were conceived at that time. But precisely because of your mindset, so DPC wouldn't give a hint about the optional part of the game, it does.
Hmm, what? I meant mini-game(s) and mansion renovation. It's optional content, if you play with mini-games off, you will never see it. And even if you play with mini-games, you may miss this job on board for different reasons.

Finally, who makes and find coincedences using a first names? We got a hint and consequences with last name regarding Burkes and Sage. That was good one.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Probably not, because you don't get the fact, that things you demand seems good to you, but may seem bad to another person or group of persons. It's impossible to please everybody at a time. Variations and options helps a lot, but even all this can't please everybody, still.

There are certain principles in game dev that should always be met, like if you create a game with a story, people will criticise it if it has jarring plot holes in it, right? There are also moments when creators are the ones who set expectations. Should I be blamed for CDPR setting certain expectations, getting excited for it and being let down? Oh, sure, you can't please everyone. People who followed marketing and wanted futuristic GTA didn't get what they wanted, but people who wanted futuristic Witcher did get what they wanted. Still, is it GTA fans fault for being disappointed? I understand that some people just like to rub their cocks to this game and some people just treat it as a more personal teen drama where they ship and stuff. Some people look at renders and say, "OMG QUINN, NEVER LOOKED SO HOLY BEFORE," and others will analyse it in terms of a story. DPC places strong emphasis on making all those unique routes; is it wrong of me to expect quality from a guy who promised quality and who created quality content before?

I know what a creative vision is. I understand that BaDIK is something made by one man with a specific vision. He knows the story; he knows the characters and game mechanics more than anyone. I don't want to be the person who wants to tell him or anyone that I know those characters or story better than him. And I don't think he should listen to people who do. But your line of thinking looks like a complete rejection of constructive criticism and objective flaws in the game just because it is successful. How can we have an objective flaw? Because we're talking about writing, there are writing principles that make a story better or worse and there are some writing errors like plot holes.

And that's where my issue was. Would never tell DPC that Jill shouldn't behave like that because if he feels his character would do that, he can make it so and then I can look at her behaviour in 1–9 EPs and analyse if Jill's decision was believable. I just had an issue with characters behaving differently on different routes despite similar circumstances. Just throwing my two cents, I truly think that DPC's crown wouldn't fall from his head because of listening to some folk, doesn't have to be me.

If you want to, dude, you can respond; gonna eagerly read it, but from me, that's it. Thanks for the talk and for challenging my views without being toxic. And also, thanks for what you do; I always love to read analysis like that. I'm planning on reading the things you linked in one of your previous messages.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes