Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Posts fly by here. By the time Dalli has posted one of his tin foil hate theories in a form of an essay... 20 pages of people asking the same questions have come and gone! Speedy posters.

sampow

May 14, 2023
What's that scene of naked receptionist and that Pink Rose bodyguard? I don't remember it at all!
That happens if the mc drinks too much at the HOTs party. After 5 drinks (doesn't matter if you pace them through the night or hit 5 absinthe in 5 minutes) the mc crashes and dreams about Stanley and the Receptionist.

He then wakes up on Sage's bed and then gets back into the party. But after that you can't choose for him to drink anymore.

There are two other rather subtle changes if the mc drinks at the party.

If the mc hasn't had anything to drink, if he brings a drink to Quinn he says:

mc: "One classic drink, I believe."​
Quinn: "Thanks."​

But if he's had even one drink, it goes down slightly different:

mc: "One classic drink for the lady."​
Quinn "The lady? How much did you drink?"​
mc: "A few...maybe."​

And also if the mc intervenes with Jimmy and Lily, depending on whether the mc has had 3 or more drinks, it unfolds slightly differently:

Less than 3:

Lily: "Are you not drinking tonight?"​
mc: "Not right now."​

3 or more:

mc: "Are you kidding me? I'm drunk."​
Lily: "Hm... I couldn't tell."​

Maybe the masked girl is that girl. She's small and also dances alongside the red-haired Vixen Girl during the dorm party.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think that might be Troy in that shot. :p

is there even a comparable thread on this site?
The below screenshot shows the most replied to game threads. BaDIK is almost double the very next thread, and remember that mass post cullings occur in BaDIK from time to time. This is clearly the most responded to thread here.
If you compare BaDIK to the highest rated games here, it destroys them in post count:

Last edited:

Totalcheese33

Oct 21, 2018
I'm getting a crash at chapter 5 trying to reply to Lily's post on Rooster. Anything I could do? (I've tried searching the forums, but sifting through 12,000 pages isn't easy)

Jul 21, 2021
I'm getting a crash at chapter 5 trying to reply to Lily's post on Rooster. Anything I could do? (I've tried searching the forums, but sifting through 12,000 pages isn't easy)
Do you have anything else other than the games base files installed? Such as cheats, walk-throughs and the like?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Considering how big Being a D.I.K. already is, and how much more it's looking to expand when you take into account all of the branching paths as the episodes keep coming and as the cast keeps growing, I really hope that DPC considers hiring some help one day.

I totally understand his reluctance to do something like that...don't get me wrong...but if this team consisted of, say, no more than three or five people that were close to being as emotionally dedicated to the story and characters as DPC is himself, we may get to see the story reach a conclusion before the close of the decade.

Maybe I'm being a little bit selfish in thinking that, but I'm 50 years old...I want to see how everything turns out for our boy, his fellow D.I.K.s, and all of those lovely ladies before I get too old to enjoy it or appreciate it. I mean, some health problems do kinda' run in my family...:oops:
I moved this to the main thread so as not to clog the fan art with offtopic.
I understand your concern. I also have a chance not to see the final but for other reasons. What can I say, we live in a crazy and unstable era.

But DPC will never do that. This man is a fanatical individualist and doesn't want his project to receive third-party influence and spoil his vision. It's even his life motto: "Survive the storm and follow your vision. Anything else and it's not your vision."
It has already been discussed that team expansion is not a panacea. It needs good management. Contol your team is hard challenge and not everyone can do that. Some developers, such as the creators of Fresh Woman, hired a team, but this did not speed up development. That game gives Badik copycat and scam vibes, I don't recommend it

So we have what we have.

And it's good to see more adults here. I hope everything goes well with your health and your family.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
That happens if the mc drinks too much at the HOTs party. After 5 drinks (doesn't matter if you pace them through the night or hit 5 absinthe in 5 minutes) the mc crashes and dreams about Stanley and the Receptionist.

He then wakes up on Sage's bed and then gets back into the party. But after that you can't choose for him to drink anymore.

And also if the mc intervenes with Jimmy and Lily, depending on whether the mc has had 3 or more drinks, it unfolds slightly differently:

Less than 3:

3 or more:

I think that might be Troy in that shot. :p

The below screenshot shows the most replied to game threads. BaDIK is almost double the very next thread, and remember that mass post cullings occur in BaDIK from time to time. This is clearly the most responded to thread here.
If you compare BaDIK to the highest rated games here, it destroys them in post count:
If we were to find some behaviour or what do these threads have in common, it's safe to say that games with large timespan between updates are the ones that has more replies. But, surely Being a DIK outstands most games in that list in terms of quality, immersiveness and attractiveness. A wife and mother isn't really that interesting anymore, the thread is mostly carried by a group of individual that are probably responsible for calculating renders until next update, calculating what did the developer ate that he's taking so long in the toilet, how many hair he still has and other menial stuff as such. Well, Milfy City goes without saying lol

• Haha
Reactions: sampow

sampow

May 14, 2023
I just discovered the game about a week ago and have ploughed through it (*snicker*) in no time.

I really, REALLY enjoyed ep9--probably more than any other section of the game. I was dreading it a bit, assuming it would just be absolutely drama-filled after ep8. Having a good chunk of it as one really big fun event with myriad possibilities of interaction was a relief. I think it was the perfect balance between meaningful plot movement and casual free roaming. If you play with the mod on so you can have all 5 active relationships throughout the night there's a ton of content.

And, fucking bravo on the scene development. I can't speak for anyone else because everyone's into different things, but being a fan of (read as 'obsessed with')
every sex scene in this one was hotter than the last. The animations just keep getting better, too--subtle hip movements and facial expression shifts etc. make all the difference between a good AVN and arguably the best AVN.

Not just ep9 specific but for the whole game itself, I very much appreciate that (as far as I can recall) it omits a lot of the AVN tropes like sleep creeping, etc.--things that feel gross if there hasn't been some sort of pre-consent between the characters.

I will absolutely play this episode over and over until new content comes out.
You've had the sheer luxury, and unique experience, of not waiting for 13 months between episode 8 and episode 9. While the Interlude came out during that time, nobody specifically wanted it, and for that entire duration, people speculated over so many details of the open ended dramas. Then came episode 9...

Contrary to your experience, the vocal majority of people here were hugely disappointed with episode 9. Craving more story for over a year, only to be met with one big free roam (well technically 3 big free roams). It was a momentous let down.

That said, playing the entire game again a few months back, episode 9 wasn't anywhere near as bad as it initially felt to me, mainly because my expectations were adjusted. It's probably the best "Halloween Special" of all games on this site, but it just wasn't what anyone expected at the time.

Anyway, it's now been roughly 8 months since the last episode, and once again, you're lucky to have found this game so close (maybe another 2 months?) to the next release. And when that episode drops, if it's as good as it should be, you'll join us for the long wait... :p

Are you just running the normal game (downloaded from here), without any mods, on a PC? Also, post your error when it crashes.

Last edited:

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Although this is in the style of the AVN genre, the DPC games are "deeper" than most of the rest. Even sex and it's possibilities are linked with characters personality.
I still think the biggest twist DPC could pull off is playing it entirely straight. Things get solved in a fairly simple manner, relationship issues are smoothed over, etc. Because at the end of the day it's a world based on raunchy college comedies where that is how it is done.

Last edited:

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020

Less than 3:

3 or more:

That's so cool! Never knew that because not even once have I thought to drink things myself when I was preparing drinks for other girls. Kinda funny how my inner real abstitent mind just forgot about that aspect.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I recently started new playthrough, and by an effort of will forced myself to refuse to punch Tybalt. Moreover, I'm beginning to understand this character in a sense. In fact, he's not so bad. Well, to be honest, from the point of view of parents, Tybalt is almost the perfect son.

• Wow
Reactions: sampow

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I still think the biggest twist DPC could pull off is playing it entirely straight. Things get solved in a fairly simple manner, relationship issues are smoothed over, etc. Because at the end of the day it's a world based on raunchy college comedies where that is how it is done.
This "world" or "universe" is dilluted with comedy and have some comedy relief, but BADIK would lost a lot of fans and all such debates here and another places if it was made as a pure comedy. All such relationships troubles, permutations, feelings, life situations with which one or another player can find parallels in his life and so on. That's what makes this "world" real, plausible and brings and awakens so much different emotions.

That's so cool! Never knew that because not even once have I thought to drink things myself when I was preparing drinks for other girls. Kinda funny how my inner real abstitent mind just forgot about that aspect.
Don't forget about EP8 dorm party. A lot of events during this party plays different, depending on MC drunk / sober state (he becomes "drunk" when he is done with 3/6 or more drinks, it's one of the tasks).

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
This "world" or "universe" is dilluted with comedy and have some comedy relief, but BADIK would lost a lot of fans and all such debates here and another places if it was made as a pure comedy. All such relationships troubles, permutations, feelings, life situations with which one or another player can find parallels in his life and so on.
Yes, but everyone also expects some silly twist like the house fire from AL. By having things just get solved and nothing of that nature happening, he shocks people more than he would if he did have something of that magnitude.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes