Murgus

May 17, 2018
It's worse than that. Jill knew before her first date with MC that he was seeing others (i.e., why he was feeling down). She's not even self-consistent with her earlier self if she rejects MC for taking care of sick Sage!
She barely knew him at that time. That evening at Bella's change a lot if you decide to kiss Jill.

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
In real life Jill first relationship no matter the partner would most likely be a fucking disaster...she is just too naive, insecure, sheltered and inexperienced to have a long lasting relationship
but well in her defense most of first relationships are disaster anyway, the first one is basically the learing process for both sides
the only kinda problem for dear jill is that she is like 23 lol

Reactions: p22

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
It's more realistic no? I swear most of these girls doesn't get jealous at anything. Yes I would expect that a real girl would get upset if you would rather act like a boyfriend to your fuck buddy then go on a date with her. Especially when she has planned a date for your birthday. I have never chosen Sage over Jill so I don't know what happenes but considering how much I was screwing around in my playthrough Jill was a saint for giving the MC a chance at the end of episode 8.
What?!? She springs that date on him out of nowhere. She just shows up and expects Tremolo to drop everything. Sage called him first and he made a commitment to take care of her. Jill doesn't even bother to call, she just expects things to go her way. It's actually inconsiderate if you think about it.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
What?!? She springs that date on him out of nowhere. She just shows up and expects Tremolo to drop everything. Sage called him first and he made a commitment to take care of her. Jill doesn't even bother to call, she just expects things to go her way. It's actually inconsiderate if you think about it.
Ok so now I looked through what would happen if I chose Sage instead of Jill. I don't think she is inconsiderate at all, she doesn't make a big deal about what she has planned even though she is disappointed. Without the date the MC doesn't get to explain what happened at the mansion until much later which affects how she feels about the MC. Also she promises Tybalt to stay away from him yet he doesn't make an effort to see her. If you like a girl you have to spend time with her, it's not strange at all that she rejects him if he skips on the date. Just like it is not strange that MaJo reject you if you are a DIK. On the other hand it is strange that Sage doesn't care whatsoever that you bail on her when she is sick.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
Ok so now I looked through what would happen if I chose Sage instead of Jill. I don't think she is inconsiderate at all, she doesn't make a big deal about what she has planned even though she is disappointed. Without the date the MC doesn't get to explain what happened at the mansion until much later which affects how she feels about the MC. Also she promises Tybalt to stay away from him yet he doesn't make an effort to see her. If you like a girl you have to spend time with her, it's not strange at all that she rejects him if he skips on the date. Just like it is not strange that MaJo reject you if you are a DIK. On the other hand it is strange that Sage doesn't care whatsoever that you bail on her when she is sick.
She actively tells Tremolo to stay away from her during the Tibalt blackmail arc. You can still choose to "fight for Jill" but it won't do you any good. She just will dump you if don't decide to abandon all your obligations and go on her spur of the moment picnic. On a side note, you can be doing a full CHIK playthrough, turn down Sage as FwB while still teaching her guitar and just be her friend and if you choose to help your sick friend then Jill will still drop Tremolo like a bad habit. Entitled rich girl much?

Edit: Tibalt misspelled on purpose. He can go to hell.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Jill's picnic is the last opportunity she has to spend a lot of time with MC. She's finally got the all-clear from Bella that he's a good guy but Tybalt has tied a leash to her and she knows that she has just one final chance to sneak away with MC to explain why she can't see him even though she is interested. During that picnic she gets to post the Rooter pic and get the affirming comments from her friends, plus she gets to share positive time and experiences with MC. She gets to see his vulnerable side with the horse encounter and they have goofy fun (which we know Jill loves) in the rain. It's a wonderful second date and they get comfortable together, so much so that she's willing to use her precious film cartridges so they both can have a memory of the date. Without that photo she doesn't have the constant reminder that he is available to her, and she doesn't have his face in front of her to masturbate to. Those are powerful reminders of MC that keep her going and maintain her interest. If they don't go on the picnic she doesn't hear MC vow to see her no matter what Tybalt does, and despite her protests he exhibits an alpha male attitude defending their right to see each other that probably gets her primal juices going.

It's also important to remember that Sage and Jill don't have a positive relationship. Sage has treated Jill badly for no discernable reason whenever Jill made an overture to her, so MC choosing Sage over her probably tells Jill that MC may not be her kind of guy after all. Jill doesn't trust herself at all, and her negative self-talk would lead her to abandon MC if she thinks he's not the right one for her.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
Jill's picnic is the last opportunity she has to spend a lot of time with MC. She's finally got the all-clear from Bella that he's a good guy but Tybalt has tied a leash to her and she knows that she has just one final chance to sneak away with MC to explain why she can't see him even though she is interested. During that picnic she gets to post the Rooter pic and get the affirming comments from her friends, plus she gets to share positive time and experiences with MC. She gets to see his vulnerable side with the horse encounter and they have goofy fun (which we know Jill loves) in the rain. It's a wonderful second date and they get comfortable together, so much so that she's willing to use her precious film cartridges so they both can have a memory of the date. Without that photo she doesn't have the constant reminder that he is available to her, and she doesn't have his face in front of her to masturbate to. Those are powerful reminders of MC that keep her going and maintain her interest. If they don't go on the picnic she doesn't hear MC vow to see her no matter what Tybalt does, and despite her protests he exhibits an alpha male attitude defending their right to see each other that probably gets her primal juices going.

It's also important to remember that Sage and Jill don't have a positive relationship. Sage has treated Jill badly for no discernable reason whenever Jill made an overture to her, so MC choosing Sage over her probably tells Jill that MC may not be her kind of guy after all. Jill doesn't trust herself at all, and her negative self-talk would lead her to abandon MC if she thinks he's not the right one for her.
Yeah pretty much. People here don't understand how important that second date is to the relationship between Jill and the MC.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023

Tremolo still helps with the tennis doubles game and Jill's recital. He's still doing good things for her. I don't hate Jill but I think it's pretty shitty of her to put her own pleasure over someone else's suffering in that instance in the game. Besides, Sage is never mentioned by name in that scene and Jill and Sage don't have any interaction with each other prior to Ep. 9 and it's Sage's preconceived notions that are disabused during that exchange.

Reactions: BeingADikDik

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Hello beautiful and patient folk, does anyone know the name of the font DPC uses for dialogue and character names? Wanted to make a meme.

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
Tremolo still helps with the tennis doubles game and Jill's recital. He's still doing good things for her. I don't hate Jill but I think it's pretty shitty of her to put her own pleasure over someone else's suffering in that instance in the game. Besides, Sage is never mentioned by name in that scene and Jill and Sage don't have any interaction with each other prior to Ep. 9 and it's Sage's preconceived notions that are disabused during that exchange.
yeap if anything sage should be the one to ditch tremolo as either friend/"boyfriend" if he doesnt go to help her while she is sick because he decided to go instead on a date with chick whihc sage at that time despises lol...i mean both actions would be nuts but at least sage's one sounds less crazy than what jill did

Murgus

May 17, 2018
When did she ever say that her own pleasure comes before the suffering of another? She had no idea that he had plans that day. She simply doesn't reach the connection that she needs with the MC if he doesn't go on that second date with her. There are so many things they learn about each other on that second date. And no she is not an entitled rich girl, that should have been clear from the early episodes.

Reactions: KaiserST

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
MC played doubles because Bella asked him to, not because he was in love with Jill. He didn't know who he was playing against until after he and Bella were well on the way.

The recital is certainly a different matter to consider. If he practiced the piece and was able to perform with her then she should have opened the door for him at decision time at the end of episode 8. I think that was a plot hole but there again Jill may see him as more of a friend (aka Bella) and not a romantic interest by that point in her story if they didn't have the earlier connection on the picnic and in her room. I expect that if MC helped her out there will be further opportunities with her as the story progresses; after all, MC now has seen her in her sexy bee costume and she and Sage are now compatriots in the anti-Tybalt brigade so Jill will potentially be around more with the HOTs as she will come to a DIK party instead of hanging out with the preps to get away from Tybalt in social situations. If MC chose solo or is a CHICK/Neutral who has a breakup with another girl Jill will be around for him to get close to again.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes