MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Well sorry to break it to ya, but we've hidden all the comments,
and we've all gone insane waiting for the update.
So welcome to the club.
:cool:
Thank you. interesting conversation you are having here :LOL: I recently found this site and am just learning it little by little. Since I’m from Russia, I follow DIK and other games on another site)))

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
Cool analysis. Appreciate when you try to look past personal preferences and try to see what dev wanted to portray and if they succeded at it.

I personally, like Jill branch and I don't feel like it is boring, especially when you try to get her with neutral affinity fucking your way around untill EP8.
It's doable, just don't take the dick pick.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
If we look at Quinn's behavior psychologically, she has no friends at all. Only partners/subordinates/people who can be used for personal purposes.
I don't judge or hate her, I'm attracted to such dark characters. This is the type of person she is, relying on herself and only herself. Rox gave her a terrible upbringing.
She does show sociopathic tendencies, but doesn't have zero empathy if you play on a DIK playthrough and do her events. (if you have neutral or chick affinity it is zero empathy and she's a complete sociopath.)

Ekzou

Feb 28, 2023
this should be interesting......explain the "psychological violence". i hope youre not referring to mona being told that if she cant stfu about the illegal business that she willing participated in, theres going to be reprocussions. because thats a fact, and the only thing that stopped half the house from being expelled, arrested, or both. isnt it?
I seem to remember that Mona thought she had free tuition, after Quinn lied. I don't think she knew, before accepting, what she was getting into (it was stupid of her not to ask, unlike Maya, pool scene).
Moreover, when Quinn goes to see her in her room to tell her to shut up (or try to change her mind, I don't know), Mona is visibly terrified and promises not to say anything.

So, yes, I think we can talk about manipulation, threats and therefore, psychological violence on Quinn's part in order to keep her under his control, right?
Whether it's legal or not, it's human behavior.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
She does show sociopathic tendencies, but doesn't have zero empathy if you play on a DIK playthrough and do her events. (if you have neutral or chick affinity it is zero empathy and she's a complete sociopath.)
It has nothing to do with sociophathic tendencies or to have no empathy.
Quinn just wants a real alpha man in her life,
someone who can stand up for himself and protect her.
someone who really suits her,
and not a whining,feminist MC who suits goblins and albino's more.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
From WebMD:
What is a Sociopath?
People often confuse the terms and use them interchangeably. They aren’t different in the clinical sense. Both terms refer to people who have (ASPD). Those with ASPD have no regard for others’ rights or feelings, lack empathy and remorse for wrongdoings, and have the need to exploit and manipulate others for personal gain.

Nature and nurture play a role in ASPD. The reasons behind the disorder are not fully understood. The current belief is that psychopathy generally comes from genetic factors, such as parts of the brain not developing fully, while sociopathy results from an interruption in personality development by abuse or trauma in childhood. People often think that those with antisocial personality disorders are always criminals and are easy to spot, but many are unaware of the disorder and may never be diagnosed.

Sociopaths have less consistent behavior than psychopaths. Psychopaths are more controlled and charming. Their manipulation is more detached, and they plan ahead. Sociopaths experience anxiety and find rage far harder to control. They may act without thought and, as a result, they may have a harder time blending in. Inconsistencies between their words and their lives may be easier to see.

Quinn is a textbook case.

Reactions: John Ness

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I seem to remember that Mona thought she had free tuition, after Quinn lied. I don't think she knew, before accepting, what she was getting into (it was stupid of her not to ask, unlike Maya, pool scene).
Moreover, when Quinn goes to see her in her room to tell her to shut up (or try to change her mind, I don't know), Mona is visibly terrified and promises not to say anything.
I don't think Mona had a problem with doing the gloryhole thing, her problem was letting old guys fuck her.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
They were talking about Bella, not Quinn.

Dec 21, 2021
Whereas the whole restaurant part seems to have no drama at all
I wonder if this is a case of DPC's plans changing based on people's response to Quinn. She was very obviously setup to be an antagonist in the early chapters but she won over a lot of people and has been softened and made the main love interest of the 'Others' branch.

If she remained an antagonist I bet we would have seen some fallout by now for using the restaurant. As it stands it just feels like a weird thing from an earlier draft of Being a DIK.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
Is this about Bella ? :FacePalm::FacePalm:
I was replying to the Quinn debate. I think most of the Bella conjecture is just wild theories thrown about by bored people waiting for the update. Whereas the Quinn debate which was what I was commenting on is more like a few people trying to illustrate Quinn's toxicity to other people who will defend Quinn's behavior because they have an attraction to the character (model?)

Disclaimer: Quinn's one of my favorite characters too but I know she'd be a terrible person IRL.

Reactions: soprano31

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
[/CITATION]

Oups, je crois avoir dit la même chose que toi ^^
Désolé, je ne parle pas bien anglais, j'utilise beaucoup Google trad et je n'ai pas trop compris le sens de ta phrase à ce moment là. Je pense qu'il est temps de dormir, il se fait tard :Oops: :)
Had to translate. My French is shit. :ROFLMAO: Best I can do is Café et croissant s'il vous plaît.
1697585735050.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ekzou

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I was replying to the Quinn debate. I think most of the Bella conjecture is just wild theories thrown about by bored people waiting for the update. Whereas the Quinn debate which was what I was commenting on is more like a few people trying to illustrate Quinn's toxicity to other people who will defend Quinn's behavior because they have an attraction to the character (model?)

Disclaimer: Quinn's one of my favorite characters too but I know she's a terrible person.
I'm probably gonna get a lot of facepalms for this. But I never thought Quinn's model was attractive. So it was easy for to hate and keep hating her character since she is a horrible person. But as a character she is great after all you don't need to like every character to think they are a good character.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes