TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I just don't understand what Tommy should do, apart from being as bad as he has always been. The only breakthrough would be if he understood about the relationship between Josy and Maya, which is a more sensitive issue.

P. S. The 9th chapter in my opinion has no cliffhanger
Depends on your definition, to me it had 2.5'ish.

1. Bella ending, 2. J/M ending, 3. Lily/Nicole snuggle pick.

Josy eating pussy would prob be a problem for anyone but Tommy, dude is madly in love with Josy and all he would be able to picture is threeways, with him being the 1 male tho and not the MC. :D

DPC is slowly building this one up, Tommy fessed to Quinn that he is already jealous of the MC last episode, so Episode 10 might feature the MC and Josy discussing how to handle it and I kinda expect Tommy to do something nice and unexpected for a change so DPC can ride the betrayel angle on top.

Uhhh...bro....I just figured it out !!!

The M/J "cliffhanger" ending will go exactly as I said, with the MC saying he only did what Tommy asked him to do, then Tommy, still hungover and feeling guilty and like an idiot, will fess up that he has feelings for Josy and thus starts the Josy/Tommy drama.

The scene at the bar when Tommy takes the MC out would also fit in nicely, since Tommy already danced around the Josy topic.

That's way more DPC-Style than anyone figuring anything out on their own for a change. :D

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Depends on your definition, to me it had 2.5'ish.

1. Bella ending, 2. J/M ending, 3. Lily/Nicole snuggle pick.

Josy eating pussy would prob be a problem for anyone but Tommy, dude is madly in love with Josy and all he would be able to picture is threeways, with him being the 1 male tho and not the MC. :D

DPC is slowly building this one up, Tommy fessed to Quinn that he is already jealous of the MC last episode, so Episode 10 might feature the MC and Josy discussing how to handle it and I kinda expect Tommy to do something nice and unexpected for a change so DPC can ride the betrayel angle on top.

Uhhh...bro....I just figured it out !!!

The M/J "cliffhanger" ending will go exactly as I said, with the MC saying he only did what Tommy asked him to do, then Tommy, still hungover and feeling guilty and like an idiot, will fess up that he has feelings for Josy and thus starts the Josy/Tommy drama.

The scene at the bar when Tommy takes the MC out would also fit in nicely, since Tommy already danced around the Josy topic.

That's way more DPC-Style than anyone figuring anything out on their own for a change. :D
It would not surprise me and at this point would not disappoint me either

After mc impotent sexually due to Tybalt's concern

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
What does Female protagonist mean in here? You play as one during a season or you're controlling her during certain parts of the game?

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
There's a short interlude at the start of Season 3 where you play as a different character - the MC's ex.
Is that only? If it is that only, seems the female protagonist tag is wasted and wastes time. l always thought this game for male protagonist only since you play as him for the entirety of the game.

Reactions: Vill3m

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I just don't understand what Tommy should do, apart from being as bad as he has always been. The only breakthrough would be if he understood about the relationship between Josy and Maya, which is a more sensitive issue.

P. S. The 9th chapter in my opinion has no cliffhanger
the spy cam tm :Kappa:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Growing up I always laughed at my grandma for getting angry and telling me she wishes she would reach through the tv to strangle the characters of her Mexican telenovelas, every time they were acting stupid for the soap opera plot to happen. Thats how I felt during that scene with Sage. :mad::mad::Kappa:

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Oh good, that means Episode 11 will come out sooner right ?

Right ?
"This week I decided to start on the new pregnancy minigame, where over the course of the episode via a bunch of random screens you have to secretly test every member of the Alphas and DIKs to find out just who is Arieth's baby-daddy.

This will be followed in Episode 12 by the "draw up binding Child Maintenance programme for this person" minigame that will involve having to click on each letter of a thousand word document individually, building upon the highly popular English class minigame."

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hey, dalli, how are you doing? Love seeing you theorizing as always. :D I don't know... That would be a big surprise. But even if Neil wasn't Fuckface's biological father I'd like that nothing changed between father and son. He's a loving father and that's what counts. Besides, IMHO one of the latent themes present in the game is that in the end being related by blood is not the only factor to consider people family. The very introductory narrative speech of the MC at the beginning of the game speaks about that.
That's it. Actually, Neil is and remains the father of the MC and someone else would just be the father. But I think that's why Lynette's diary has its right to exist.

Through the diary, the MC learns about what Lynette did while she was away from Neil for 3, 5, or 7 days.

This somehow reminds me of the situation Micha and Rusty are in. Micha was separated from her EX, fucks with Rusty and then returns to her EX.

Neil had to leave Lynette because he needs to make a living. Rich Lynette doesn't understand this at the beginning and another guy comforts Lynette. Shortly afterwards, Lynette returns to her ex Neil, not knowing that she is pregnant by the other guy.

Neil has never read Lynette's diaries and doesn't know until the MC is 15 that someone else is the MC's father. The MC has the high school problem at 15. It is written so that there will be no charges even though the parents of the other child wanted to file a lawsuit. So there was no legal dispute. But Neil only had one ace up his sleeve and that was the MC's grandparents.

They stood up for the MC and the situation was resolved out of court. Who leads such negotiations? Lawyers. Who is likely to be called as a witness to testify about the MC? The principal of the high school. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Stephen Burke who got his wealth and the position as dean of B&R. He could also have met the ominous Priscilla, who was a lawyer at the negotiations.

But this gave MC's grandparents access to Lynette's personal belongings. Neil said to the MC so Lynette always wrote in her diary. So Lynette kept her diary with her until she died. The MC says to Neil so that he saw his mother's clothes as a child. So Neil was in possession of Lynette's personal belongings for a long time. I think it was so Neil gave Lynette's personal belongings to her parents when the MC was having trouble in high school at 15 years old.

No idea now whether the MC's grandmother or grandfather read the diary. Maybe both. But they learned what happened in the days of Lynette and Neil's separation.

I'm excited to see what else we'll learn through Lynette's diary.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Don't forget that Josy's father Pete also asked the MC to take care of his baby girl.
True that, but for the sake of my sanity I just have to assume that Josy's dad isn't in love with her aswell, Tommy is bad enough. :D

always86

Mar 19, 2020

The updated ETA on the animations in the render queue is 10-12 days. I am confident that beta testing can start within two weeks.

As usual, I can set a release date when testers have played, and I've gotten a feel of the remaining workload with bug fixing for the episode. The checklist they must work with for episode 10 is bigger than usual because of the new features. And more text means more proofreading, too.

I plan to announce a release date this month.

In addition to playing more runs, I added bios to the episode and touched up some details with tutorials and gallery replays. I ensured the in-game phone was enabled/disabled in the correct spots.

Furthermore, I've laid out an early plan for episode 11 development and started writing scenes. And I've started planning for the episode 10 release by preparing banners and art I want to post. My work currently consists of a mix of random but important things like this.

Thanks for your patience; the wait is always extra hard when it's getting close.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
fingers crossed for November 24th. Could be December 1st…

I only wonder why he has to go to this level. Cause I merely drop a sentence that it has become one episode per year now, looking at the last update release date.

But genius or talented people have their unique characteristic. As someone managing people in work, I just take it as his personal style.
Yeah we’re used to him being a bit of a baby round here.

Munkkivittu

Dec 27, 2018

The updated ETA on the animations in the render queue is 10-12 days. I am confident that beta testing can start within two weeks.

As usual, I can set a release date when testers have played, and I've gotten a feel of the remaining workload with bug fixing for the episode. The checklist they must work with for episode 10 is bigger than usual because of the new features. And more text means more proofreading, too.

I plan to announce a release date this month.

In addition to playing more runs, I added bios to the episode and touched up some details with tutorials and gallery replays. I ensured the in-game phone was enabled/disabled in the correct spots.

Furthermore, I've laid out an early plan for episode 11 development and started writing scenes. And I've started planning for the episode 10 release by preparing banners and art I want to post. My work currently consists of a mix of random but important things like this.

Thanks for your patience; the wait is always extra hard when it's getting close.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
so finally next halloween we will get that update and promised halloween party?

• Haha
Reactions: sava75

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Growing up I always laughed at my grandma for getting angry and telling me she wishes she would reach through the tv to strangle the characters of her Mexican telenovelas, every time they were acting stupid for the soap opera plot to happen. Thats how I felt during that scene with Sage. :mad::mad::Kappa:
Me every 15 minute playing badik...

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I pretty sure november is a no go.

The animations will only finish rendering around 13-15/11. That would leave less than 2 weeks for beta testing.

Also, DPC said that testing will take a while due to the new minigames and the sheer size of the update.

Finally, when was the last good surprise we got in this dev cycle? It was bad news after bad news.

And all this talk about starting ep11 earlier wont give me hope this time, since it cleary did shit for ep10.

I can only hope the update will release in 2024.
Yeah. I can only remember one update that released EARLIER than expected. And if it's 10-12 days to render, plus 14 to test and he wants to ANNOUNCE a release date in November then I think it's not gonna be a fall release. I got to be honest, if it doesn't release in December, despite being ready, then that is a little shitty behavior.

Reactions: Redd23 and Reggie32

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
1...I do jokingly call her a Pokewhore, due to being a midget compared to Sage, and well, for acting like a hoe...
2...She goes behind Maya's back at ep9...
3...she acts all insulted and attacks MC in the toilet...
Overall, I find her to be hella toxic...
1...Josy's toxicity
2...Josy is quite a manipulative character, she constantly pressures MC, manipulates him and blames him for her own failures.
3...If Josy had a shred of decency in her, she would have dumped Maya and stopped doing things behind her back...
hey-you-two-6hr382.jpg

Both of you haven't provided any relevant arguments, just constantly repeated some imaginated or exaggerated conjectures.

The Glorious LIME

1. Josy is a whore, yeah, for real, is she joined the prostitution ring? Or she acts like a half of the HOTs which are really and literally the whores?

"Cheating" on her girlfriend because of unclear relationship prospects and vague prospects with college is this now called whore behavior? Maya did the same, btw. They just told only the half of truth to MC. Josy told MC that she is occupied already, while Maya told him first she had a boyfriend, then she told that she don't have a boyfriend (perhaps already mentally "letting go" of Josy at that moment). Josy was more honest, she warned and admitted in front of MC that it was cheating. While Maya pretended that she was no longer in any relationship. Yes, she didn't got that vital couple of minutes to tell it to MC, finally, but nevertheless. Just following the raw facts, who was more honest and admitted things openly? Maya never said and mentioned word "cheating" even in her inner throughts. But even so I don't blame her too. They both had reasons to act how they did it.

And none of MGs could be called "whores" because it's lie. Following by the game plot, following by the facts, etc. They just can't be them physically or the NTR army will eat this game and it's author with shit together.

2. whUt? Probably she just only expresses her throughts and feelings openly? Why should she be silent? Omissions and understatement always leads to a bigger problems than honesty, at the same time she wants to hear MC's thoughts on the same subject and we have the right to answer her as we want. And the MC also gets a "reaction" and consequences to his actions - if he has already made his choice with one of other MGs, then TC counter encreases according to MCs words.

Why you didn't mentioned the scenes in EP5 and EP7 where she expresses why it's so?

If we assume that she realized that she was unhappy with Maya (this also partly depends on our actions and choices, at least with all possible help), then why doesn't she have the right to think or just ask a question and get an opinion from someone who is she still interested in?

According to the plot in the friend zone, Josy & Maya are left alone with each other and the MC is not around to smooth out problems in their relationship. That is why in the EP9 we already openly have a choice to "defuse the situation" or let them "continue the argument and squabbles"

Josy acts predictably, because she openly expresses her feelings and emotions. Maya is an introvert and she keeps everything to herself. But we still have a choice of "feelings for" and all this is done by DPC for a reason. If Maya doesn't say something, it doesn't mean that she doesn't think about it. Compared even to Jill, she hadn't a lot of scenes and dialogues with her inner thoughts, although it would seem there should be a lot of them, given by her nature.

3. EP3 end / EP4 beginning? She was shocked for a couple of reasons, and Maya too, and MC too, as well.

Most people can't control themselves at such moments, emotions overwhelm you, your brain shuts down, you start talking and doing stupid things. Add here their age (which also implies life and wise experience), subtext and the whole shaft of problems behind their backs and voila. No one expected that their meeting would be like this. MC runs away in anger and resentment (although he is not a saint himself), while they begin to regret in their own way that they did not tell the truth. The reasons and so on, I think it makes no sense to list, it has already been discussed 1000 times.

ProxyGist

1. toxicity? any relevant examples? or just a bla-bla-bla? She is supportive person and quite kind to everyone, even in situations when she shouldn't be and do so. Look at Becky, Sarah and Mel, Quinn, Sally, Tybalt. That's how toxicity looks.

2. all people are manipulative by the nature. And females especially. It's the nature, it's the reality. She can hardly be called outstanding in doing this. At least when compared to other game characters and LIs. She has her weaknesses and cons, but who doesn't?

3. What you'll say if she will do it soon or later? We as players can encourage her thoughts regarding her unhappiness with Maya or cool that down. As I said above, the fact that Maya doesn't talk to MC in the same way accused to her personality and because she is introvert. That doesn't mean that Maya can't have or doesn't have a similar thoughts.

:HideThePain:

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes