dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I

I wonder if the throuple will only survive on the neutral affinity?
I'm a bit worried because my mc is a massive chick

I have the same worry about my Sage playthrough
I hope she doesn't end up dumping me because of that
You don't need to worry about that. On the contrary, NEUTRAL AFFINITY is the worst because the player could be missing either the DIK and/or the CHICK decision option if the player did not make the right decisions beforehand. With a DIK or CHICK AFFINITY, the player definitely always gets the NEUTRAL option. The player always has 2 guaranteed options.

In the case of the throuple, we know that Josy and Maya are CHICKS. Josy is more of a NEUTRAL CHICK. And here's the point. The CHICK MC always has the NEUTRAL option, the NEUTRAL MC does not necessarily have to get the CHICK option when making a decision. This means that as a NEUTRAL CHICK, Josy could live with a neutral decision, but Maya might not because she's just a CHICK.

With Sage it's a little more complicated. I think to myself so that Sage is DIK NEUTRAL about her AFFINITY. But Sage also had CHICK situation in play. So I think a DIK MC would be a better fit for Sage because he always has the neutral decision.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
1. toxicity? any relevant examples? or just a bla-bla-bla? She is supportive person and quite kind to everyone, even in situations when she shouldn't be and do so. Look at Becky, Sarah and Mel, Quinn, Sally, Tybalt. That's how toxicity looks.
Josy and Maya's relationship is toxic, both in the way of friendship and relationship. If on the friendship way we see that they are constantly fighting because Josy can't break up with Maya for unknown reasons and is tormented, on the relationship way Josy is constantly jealous of MC of Maya. Maya behaves more calmly.

2. all people are manipulative by the nature. And females especially. It's the nature, it's the reality. She can hardly be called outstanding in doing this. At least when compared to other game characters and LIs. She has her weaknesses and cons, but who doesn't?
I made a note that all female characters in the game are manipulative. The difference is HOW Josy manipulates. Josy cries, she runs away, she plays on the MC's guilt and it's disgusting.

3. What you'll say if she will do it soon or later? We as players can encourage her thoughts regarding her unhappiness with Maya or cool that down. As I said above, the fact that Maya doesn't talk to MC in the same way accused to her personality and because she is introvert. That doesn't mean that Maya can't have or doesn't have a similar thoughts.
Let's just compare what Maya and Josy say on the path of friendship in ep5. That best characterizes these characters.

MC: I know we made a choice and you know what I chose. I chose you two, but you didn't choose me.I followed my heart and now I'm trying to move on. I'm doing what your brother told me. I'm choosing to be happy.
Maya :I know you wanted it...but how could I choose that? I don't get to make my own choices.
MC:What are you even saying? You can choose whatever you want!
Maya:I'm not used to that!And it didn't feel like Josy wanted it...so how could I?I'm not my parents... I don't give up on people I love.And I love Josy...I don't even know what you are......and yet here you're lying with your arms around me, saying those words..

Josy:It's complicated.
MC:Tell me. What is?
Josy:This! All of this!I love Maya...Talking it out with her made it all feel better...but you know I've had a crush on you, too.
How do you make something like that work?How can you feel loving feelings for two people at the same time!?"How can you tell someone you love, while looking into their eyes, that you maybe wanted to try to be with someone else for a while?
MC:You...didn't say any of this last night!
Josy:Couldn't you tell that I was scared!? Didn't you see that in my eyes?
MC:Scared of what!?
Josy:Scared of losing both of you! And it was like I didn't have a choice in it.It was like it was your and Maya's choice.
Maya... She got feelings for you!? A boy! Like, holy fuck!That has to be something real because I've never seen that with her!
Put yourself in my shoes...What would you have done?I felt like I would lose both of you...and be all...all alone.
MC:So you chose her just to have someone? Instead of being honest with yourself.
Josy:...She felt so unsure, so I didn't dare tell her...And when you said that you'd rather stay our friend...
How could I dare to tell you no, in front of her?She was the only one who was certain for me at that moment.
MC:So you chose to stay silent, just to have someone, instead of being honest with yourself?
Josy:I told you it was complicated.But if you chose to be happy... I can do it too.
I will be happy with her...Sniffles But I think I would have been happy with you, too.

First of all, in both cases, MC is being a complete asshole. He manipulates the girls' emotions in these scenes, not allowing them to forget themselves. But if Maya immediately rejects him saying firmly and confidently that she loves Josy and even accuses MC of trying to confuse her, Josy directly says that she could be happy with MC. Which she basically repeats in both ep9 and ep7 when she sleeps over with MC.
Josy saying how you can love two people at the same time...Well we know that's a lie. She doesn't love Maya, she loves the MC. How do we know that? By her behavior in both friendships and relationships.
On the friendship path:
- constant fighting with Maya.
- "what would happen if there was no Maya?"
- Keeps the MC's sweater.
On the relationship path:
- jealous of MC of Maya
Second, there probably won't be a solo path for Maya. Well, that was obvious. Maya's solo will be available as part of J/M.

Oct 22, 2023
Not so fast with your list. You're forgetting a lot. KRJ, for example, who is 19 years and I think 2 months old, but has already completed 2 and a half years of college. This is why we know that B&R allows highly gifted teenagers to study at a younger age because she was only 16 when she started college.

Quinn, for example, didn't come to B&R through regular channels. What if Quinn is much older. It is not absolutely necessary for a person to start studying at the age of 18 or 19. You can only decide to do this at the age of 25.

You see what I'm getting at? As long as there is no explicit age statement in the game, everything else is just an estimate based on data that is not backed up.

We only know exactly how old KRJ, Zoey and the MC are. We have secured data for these 3.
He only asked for LIs, so that's why I didn't write the other girls. And you are forgetting a lot, too.

The ages of these girls are known for certain:

Isabella - 35
Nicole - 30
Nora - 32
Zoey - 20
Karen - 19
Cathy - 38
Arieth - 24

The others are unknown. To be honest Maya looks older than 25, same as for Lily and Quinn. But I think it is safe to say that Jill is 21, Sage is 22, and Josy is 19.

Reactions: dalli_x

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
That's interesting and at the same time you've lost track. This happens when you play several different rounds.

I've never played the Friendship Path and reading this is very interesting and answers a question about Sage's utterance in EP5. Sage said so that whatever the MC chooses, the girl will hopefully appreciate it. This is a note from DPC. On the way to becoming friends, Josy and Maya will separate. But it also runs the risk of Josy or Maya not appreciating the MC. Therefore, I think so that the MC could lose Josy and/or Maya completely.

On the relationship path, at the end of EP4 there is a decision as to whether the MC wants to sleep in Josy or Maya's bed. But I think to myself, so that one of these decisions does not result in the loss of the other. There could then be occasional three-way sex, but the MC has a committed relationship with Josy or Maya. But there is still the 3 option where the MC can sleep on the floor. Here it is very symbolic that Josy and Maya decide to push the beds together so that all 3 can sleep together. Josy and Maya bring the MC to bed with them. So Josy and Maya have decided so that they both want the MC. No jealousy.

But you've lost track because you've mixed up the friendship and relationship paths. One should not mix the different paths, but rather see them as opposite. What happens on one path does not happen on the other path. Josy and Maya only have a toxic relationship on the friendship path, but not when they are in a relationship with him. This is called causality. Cause and effect. The Merovingian from Matrix sends greetings.
This game is like a mosaic, you assemble it from different paths, choices, scenes. Scenes both on the path of friendship and on the path of relationships are indivisible, they make the image of Josy or Maya more complete. When you play only one path, you can't see the whole picture.
I don't think I'm confused. I just think the scenes from the other paths with Josy complement her image. There is no canonical path for Josy, she is self-sufficient as a character both on the friendship path and the relationship path.
As I said Josy on the friendship path is revealed more deeply, her contradictions, her flaws and positive traits are revealed.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I can only hope the update will release in 2024.
Well, we have no reason to think otherwise. Last year the ep came out in late December, this year there is a chance it will come out in November, but most likely it will be December 1-8. DPС has already started development of ep11, all minigames are done and according to him he won't be doing minigames and thus will save time.
I'm 90% sure ep11 will come out in 2024, but it clearly won't be August, but something like November-December. But about ep12 I have big doubts that it will be within a year.
So, it's probably gonna go like this:
ep 11 - December 2024.
ep 12 - January 2026.

ep 13 - January 2027
ep 14 - January-February 2028.
ep 15 - January-March 2029.
ep 16 - March-April 2030

epilogue - march 2031

As we can see the main pits will be at the end of the seasons.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
This game is like a mosaic, you assemble it from different paths, choices, scenes. Scenes both on the path of friendship and on the path of relationships are indivisible, they make the image of Josy or Maya more complete. When you play only one path, you can't see the whole picture.
I don't think I'm confused. I just think the scenes from the other paths with Josy complement her image. There is no canonical path for Josy, she is self-sufficient as a character both on the friendship path and the relationship path.
As I said Josy on the friendship path is revealed more deeply, her contradictions, her flaws and positive traits are revealed.
You are wrong. To date, people can only make decisions in the present, the consequences of which will then become apparent in the future. But a person cannot influence the past, only learn from it. You learn something during your different runs, but it doesn't apply to another run.

Causality. Cause and effect. If the MC player chooses the friend path (cause) of Josy and Maya, this toxic relationship (effect), as you call it, occurs. But if the player chooses a throuple relationship (cause), the relationship is not toxic (effect).

It's like being in a labyrinth. The player decides whether to go right or left and this changes the exits of the labyrinth. Through your different iterations, you mix experiences and thinking so that both paths lead to an outcome. But that won't happen.

If you do several different runs, only one question will be answered. What if the player had decided differently at some point. The joke is that if the player now selects a save point at this point in time and decides otherwise, the player gets a different exit in the labyrinth.

This game is not a single mosaic, but rather multiple puzzles that lead to different mosaics. For the sake of clarity, I will now give the mosaics names. Jill Mosaic, Josy Mosaic, Maya Mosaic, Josy&Maya Mosaic, Sage Mosaic, Isabella Mosaic etc. These are all different puzzles. What I meant is so you want to insert a puzzle piece from Mosaic Josy and/or Mosaic Maya into Mosaic Josy&Maya. But the puzzle piece didn't fit, resulting in the wrong mosaic.

It's that simple.

Aug 29, 2023
And now, another “Scene that should have been there but wasn’t.”

Reinforcements.001.jpeg
Reinforcements.002.jpeg

I should add I didn’t remember this scene being a Major Choice till I collected the screengrabs. Not that this automatically means there will be repercussions to come. Kicking Troy’s ass had a negligible repercussion. Choosing to let Steve at the convenience store wallow in pity, has had none. And I regularly take Quinn’s phone number for her Restaurant in order to get that extra DIK point, yet never call because (a) it costs money and (b) once you have enough DIK points, the MC won’t need money to get laid.

Besides, Tommy’s always going to be a shit to him regardless of whether he fucks Heather or Josy, or no one.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, we have no reason to think otherwise. Last year the ep came out in late December, this year there is a chance it will come out in November, but most likely it will be December 1-8. DPС has already started development of ep11, all minigames are done and according to him he won't be doing minigames and thus will save time.
I'm 90% sure ep11 will come out in 2024, but it clearly won't be August, but something like November-December. But about ep12 I have big doubts that it will be within a year.
So, it's probably gonna go like this:
ep 11 - December 2024.
ep 12 - January 2026.

ep 13 - January 2027
ep 14 - January-February 2028.
ep 15 - January-March 2029.
ep 16 - March-April 2030

epilogue - march 2031

As we can see the main pits will be at the end of the seasons.
for this year we are really close to the release of the new chapter that we may be able to avert (for a few days) that the distance to Chapter 9 remains under 12 months.

But by the next chapter(11) it will be a big surprise should we succeed again, so for 2024 if you have commitments I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Episode 11 coming out in less than a year will depend on a few factors.

One of the most important ones are if DPC faces some kind of RL crisis that affect his time to delelop, like getting sick, a parent dying or having a serious hardware problem.

Unfortunally, the chances of something like those examples happening in a whole year arent negligible and they could impact the wait times.

The other major factor is the 60 fps animations. So far in episode 10 less than half of the animations have the increased frame rate but that already increased the render times substatialy.

If DPC decides to go all in in 60 fps animations we could easily se the update taking more than 12 months.

Unless he builds more PCs, since DPC already has the best GPUs available.

I'd say it's still to early to say if the next update will release in 2025, DPC himself said he was studying how to do 60fps without impacting the wait times even more.

Lets hope for the best.
That all animations will be in 60 FPS for me is a fact.

it's already a miracle he hasn't decided to redo, at least for now, the ones from the tenth chapter.

I really see very thin margins to a 2024 release.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Besides, Tommy’s always going to be a shit to him regardless of whether he fucks Heather or Josy, or no one.
Still waiting for the "Tommy is a great guy if you get to know him better" moment...or was him getting Vinny out supposed to be that moment?

As of now he makes Rusty look like an idiot for keeping him.

Aug 29, 2023
I wonder if the throuple will only survive on the neutral affinity?
I'm a bit worried because my mc is a massive chick
I managed to achieve the throuple, then take a hard right towards the DIK path; so now my MC is dating Maya and Josy but is a massive DIK.

It’s doable, but there are some choices he has to avoid lest he alienate them. For example he can work in the strip club, but if Lily posts that photo with him and the strippers, Josy texts him that she and Maya are pissed. And I can’t really blame them; even if I trust her, I’m still not sure I’d want to see a girlfriend posting photos on social media of her surrounded by a gang of Chippendales.

There are other things he can’t do, like joke at their expense or flirt. And when it comes up in the truth/dare/drink game that he’s fucked more than 10 other people, they’re surprised at that number—but they keep him, although considering he never covers his cock, they really should demand he get tested for STDs. Jill had the right idea.

Raw dogging.jpg

Reactions: Joshy92

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
"I plan to announce a release date this month" 12 month long development cycle here we come :LOL:...:)...:(...:cry:...
You know, a few months ago, I joked that release date for Ep10 would be September... 2024.

I didn't think it'd start creeping up to the point that joke is getting closer to reality.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I managed to achieve the throuple, then take a hard right towards the DIK path; so now my MC is dating Maya and Josy but is a massive DIK.

It’s doable, but there are some choices he has to avoid lest he alienate them. For example he can work in the strip club, but if Lily posts that photo with him and the strippers, Josy texts him that she and Maya are pissed. And I can’t really blame them; even if I trust her, I’m still not sure I’d want to see a girlfriend posting photos on social media of her surrounded by a gang of Chippendales.

There are other things he can’t do, like joke at their expense or flirt. And when it comes up in the truth/dare/drink game that he’s fucked more than 10 other people, they’re surprised at that number—but they keep him, although considering he never covers his cock, they really should demand he get tested for STDs. Jill had the right idea.

View attachment 3060194
I know you can get the throuple on dik affinity
What I meant was will we be able to keep the throuple for the whole game and get a happy ending on any affinity
Or will that only be possible on a specific affinity?

I don't think DPC would tell anyone tho lol

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
That all animations will be in 60 FPS for me is a fact.

it's already a miracle he hasn't decided to redo, at least for now, the ones from the tenth chapter.

I really see very thin margins to a 2024 release.
This is a strange and unsubstantiated pessimism. It's one thing to say that the release will happen in August or September, it's another thing to say that releases will happen every one and a half or two years.
The reasons why ep10 development took a year are clear. I don't know how long it took to code the minigames, but if there really won't be any, we can save a month or so. That's probably the month that will allow us to fit in a year of development.
for this year we are really close to the release of the new chapter that we may be able to avert (for a few days) that the distance to Chapter 9 remains under 12 months.
You somehow forgot that compared to ep9 in ep10 will be more renders, 60fps animations, scenes and freeroams, that is, it's more in volume, but still we're within a year. DPC found a way to optimize development even with a lot of 60fps animations.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is a strange and unsubstantiated pessimism. It's one thing to say that the release will happen in August or September, it's another thing to say that releases will happen every one and a half or two years.
The reasons why ep10 development took a year are clear. I don't know how long it took to code the minigames, but if there really won't be any, we can save a month or so. That's probably the month that will allow us to fit in a year of development.
what are you talking about? :unsure: :unsure:

we were talking about the 11th chapter...

Reactions: tpr007
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes