Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Josy and Maya's relationship is toxic, both in the way of friendship and relationship. If on the friendship way we see that they are constantly fighting because Josy can't break up with Maya for unknown reasons and is tormented, on the relationship way Josy is constantly jealous of MC of Maya. Maya behaves more calmly.
You answered your own question and remark. There are at least 2 people in a relationship, not one and we have to deal with 2 persons at least. Their emotions, feelings, how they behave, etc. Why you think that it's Josy, who can't break up with Maya, but not vice versa or both of them can't do that? How their relationship toxicity makes Josy or Maya toxic by themselves?

Who is the initiator of all those fights? It's mentioned several times that Maya can be very mean when arguing and Josy "used to that" and "knows her well". The texts she sent to Josy before she arrived at college, each of which was angrier than the last. How Maya snapped at her when she just mentioned that she still would like to be a part of HOTs.

How Maya behaved with her after Josy moved to HOT's. And even if Maya didn't like it, it was the only reasonable decision at that time. Josy mentioned how Maya could save on food by cooking in the kitchen and that accommodation in HOTs is paid almost fully and free and this is also a money saving, but Maya only snapped back, although money is very important in her situation.

During the most of their quarrels, MC can take one or another side. But honestly, up to EP9, basically Maya was always unjust and wrong in all of those arguments by blaming Josy for nothing or when it was unneseccery or just counterproductive. But even so, we still have a choose whom to "defend".

I made a note that all female characters in the game are manipulative. The difference is HOW Josy manipulates. Josy cries, she runs away, she plays on the MC's guilt and it's disgusting.
She manipulates in a classic vanilla, feminine way, if you like. Do you prefer more sophisticated manipulations with framings, blackmail, etc.? This is very harmless, don't forget about her age, lack of experience and the fact that she is simply not used to hiding her feelings and being silent. It's part of the character.

Next, you should understand the purpose of female manipulation. Don't confuse the opportunity to honestly and openly talk about what you feel, what is in your soul with manipulation and the desire to get something. The quote from the conversation in the EP5 doesn't look like manipulation, it looks like a fear of choice, where the options are not only MC or Maya, but also the option of loneliness, which she is terribly afraid of, and we have not even figured out until now - why. I don't know if it will be revealed, but this is her character trait and her right. Everyone has their own weaknesses, the fear of loneliness is not such a vice, compared to some others.

It seems to me like a kind of sacrifice, when you have feelings for someone and realize that they are stronger or more real, but you are afraid to take this step, eventually choosing something smaller that you already have and in which you are more or less sure. If it didn't work and she objected to Maya at that moment, then considering how shaky their relationship has been lately, as well as how Maya sometimes reacts (and also knowing that she also developed feelings for MC), then Josy would have been left with nothing. Is it manipulation? Not at all. Can she be blamed here? Unlikely.

Let's just compare what Maya and Josy say on the path of friendship in ep5. That best characterizes these characters.

First of all, in both cases, MC is being a complete asshole. He manipulates the girls' emotions in these scenes, not allowing them to forget themselves. But if Maya immediately rejects him saying firmly and confidently that she loves Josy and even accuses MC of trying to confuse her, Josy directly says that she could be happy with MC. Which she basically repeats in both ep9 and ep7 when she sleeps over with MC.
Let's go. Josy fully expresses her throughts and feelings, openly and honestly. Maya, being an introvert, just closes in herself as usual, trying to burn bridges, while some of them may lead to chaos or uncertainty. It's more comfortable to her. She was afraid to make the first step and tell Josy about her feelings for how long? Months or probably years? They were in the same school. We learned that in EP4 intro.
So, you admit that MC brings the shitstorm here and pushes girls to use their "manipulative" and "toxic" weapons? But still blame Josy for saying all that to MC? Many of us were annoyed that MC was running away from them like a little child and avoided any conversations for several days. But now you'd like Josy and Maya to shut up and keep quiet. How does it even work in your mind?

We know that MC repeatedly appeals and calling out to honesty. Josy is honest with him. What's wrong? What would have changed if she had lied and pretended that everything was okay? Soon or later we will be back at the same point anyway. But when you lie, times past and most probably MC will reach the non-return point with someone else, while being honest - you can plant seeds of unsureness in his mind and get a chance. That's how these feminine "manipulation" works here from Josy side. Following the plot, we know that Josy is the first, who MC perceived as a pair for him, he developed feelings for her and it was mutual. Knowing and remembering this is important when you will try to remind again of "manipulations", "better move on", etc. Why you haven't quoted the Josy dialogue from EP7? The difference here and the key point to understand the following events is MCs choice in EP5. If we pick feeling for her, we have that dialogue in EP7. She admits that she tried to forget him and to left those feelings, but it doesn't work. If we don't pick feelings to her, we as players just haven't a chance to hear it from her, but all those throughs and feelings are still with her. We know this as players, right? That's why the EP9 scene is inevitable. Does MC have feelings for her or not, she have them in both cases. If you pick that you think of her from time to time or all the time, while being in a relationship with someone else at that moment - you're cheating "mentally" and awarded with +TC points. Because now it's MC who becomes a liar and cheater.

In most of the cases it's not Josy a "bitch", "manipulative person", etc. It's DPC as an author and maker of this universe fucking with our minds, feelings and emotions. And I have to admit that all those choices, words, etc are quite close to the real world situations in which both men and women periodically find themselves. Everyone has weaknesses and points that can be pressed and forced to make the wrong choice, or at least try.

If all the choices were simple and "correct", this game would be very boring and would hardly collect so many discussion pages here and elsewhere. Predictability, "correctness" and sweetness to the point of toothache - that's what really tires. The frequent choice between "bad" and "very bad" is what moves the plot and creates drama. And the funny thing is that many blame DPC for creating dramas "out of nowhere" or like "drama for drama's sake", but what would this game be without all this? MEGA boring and bland. It's always good to reason from the player's position that they say that the character is an idiot, I would do this, I would do that, don't do that, MC or MG has no brains, etc., but all this reminds kindergarten or just shows how narrowly some people think or about a complete lack of imagination. Everyone is smart retroactively. But if you will try to perceive game universe as your own life, where are no "save game" feature, or push the back button function, you may better understand the characters from time to time.

Josy saying how you can love two people at the same time...Well we know that's a lie. She doesn't love Maya, she loves the MC. How do we know that? By her behavior in both friendships and relationships.
On the friendship path:
- constant fighting with Maya.
- "what would happen if there was no Maya?"
- Keeps the MC's sweater.
On the relationship path:
- jealous of MC of Maya
We know that their relationship and the whole situation (after MC appeared in Josy's life) are quite complicated.

- "constant fighting with Maya" - lie, it's Maya who initiates almost all of those fights. The choice is to be submissive and agree with ALL that Maya want from her or to argue and defend her opinion or view in a particular situations.

- "what would happen if there was no Maya?" AND WHAT? Why the hell she can't think about it or even regret? We still have choice to cool down her and help them with their relationship to survive and become better, so she can forget about MC sooner or later. Or we can act as a villain and force them to break up. Again. WE controlling this.

- "Keeps the MC's sweater." - one of the sweetest things in the game, imo. It's so childish, but damn it, it gives such strong memories and associations with that age. Make a discount that she is 19 (and MC too). Mature people become more callous and get on without such trifles or symbolism. But it's just cute... this is one of the very strong signs that someone cares about you, that someone really has feelings for you.

- "jealous of MC of Maya" - it's not a jealousy, she just afraid and unsure is his feeling for her as strong as for Maya, especially when you do a Maya biased playthrough. Is a jealousy, "bitchy" or "toxic" person will have a conversation with a direct competitor in a toilet stall? I mean Jill if MC romance her and J&M together OR Jill and Sage. Especially the last one case.

If she was jealous, she would try to "cut off" the MC from Maya, on the contrary, she is the initiator and supporter of doing everything together (sex, pastime, etc.), and they have such an opportunity only from the EP9 with an exception on EP8 and their birthday gift to MC in swim and spa. If you play in a balanced way, everyone is happy and no one is jealous of anyone.

She enjoys looking how MC is fucking Maya in front of her. There are no jealousy in her eyes. You can say anything about DPC renders and their quality, but his sense of catching the characters emotions and bringing them as a response to each of current and past choices, actions, words we had made are great, just great. He is SO good in this field.

Sometimes it's a sense of competition, but not jealousy. These are completely different things. Do not mislead yourself and others. Jealousy can develop if you do not pay attention to both equally. Or even blatantly demonstrating your preference to only one of them. This is very important in polygamous relationships. And not only Josy but Maya as well. It will just look different in contrast to the open and constantly blabbering Josy. Maya keeps everything to herself for some time.

Second, there probably won't be a solo path for Maya. Well, that was obvious. Maya's solo will be available as part of J/M.
I can say that in this case it would not make sense to give the player this choice in EP5, the player then could be brought gradually to a second choice between J / M without such an obvious indication.

Some altered scenes with them after this choice is also a good indication. Absolutely no sense to create all that little details, according to characters personality and the way the MC behaves according to it. Josy starts to express her feelings more, while Maya keeps silent, but she definitely reacts to some of the MC's actions, just in her own way, without saying anything out loud.

And speaking of solo paths, even now it's too late, and it can't be delayed anymore. If they don't open before the end of season 3, then they are unlikely to be there at all and all these choices can be recorded for the teasing and fucking with the player by the DPC.

Speaking of solo paths and what you said above, that they contstantly arguing, fighting, etc... This may lead to their break up in some moment. Then why you don't think that Maya will become an option in such case? Most of this is under control of the player. The "feelings for" choice, help them and support them or not, etc.

RK - Milf

Apr 30, 2023
And now, another “Scene that should have been there but wasn’t.”

View attachment 3060136
View attachment 3060137

I should add I didn’t remember this scene being a Major Choice till I collected the screengrabs. Not that this automatically means there will be repercussions to come. Kicking Troy’s ass had a negligible repercussion. Choosing to let Steve at the convenience store wallow in pity, has had none. And I regularly take Quinn’s phone number for her Restaurant in order to get that extra DIK point, yet never call because (a) it costs money and (b) once you have enough DIK points, the MC won’t need money to get laid.

Besides, Tommy’s always going to be a shit to him regardless of whether he fucks Heather or Josy, or no one.
wait you actually can invite Derek and Leon? wtf is this thing legit?

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Still waiting for the "Tommy is a great guy if you get to know him better" moment...or was him getting Vinny out supposed to be that moment?

As of now he makes Rusty look like an idiot for keeping him.
Tommy The Free Loader is the worst DIK. His attitude and personality are so shit, he belongs with Alphas. This prince among men is such a pussy ass bitch. He's on some high horse getting upset when he can't keep it in his pants. He constantly cheats on Heather and gets upset if his step-sister, not even his real sister is banging someone. I really hope we can beat him up again.

Aug 29, 2023
Like my caption says, ‘Scene that should have been there but wasn’t.” It’s unauthorized fanfiction, for laughs.

It should have been there because Heather wanted to even the score between her and Tommy, and this would’ve done it right away. Plus there haven’t been any gangbangs in the story yet, and it is a fraternity after all.

Experimenting.jpg

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Please tell me you're kidding.
Please tell me you don't think that's a real frame from the game in a hidden path...
'cause if you do, just re-read it again please. :ROFLMAO:

Clearly his phrase " And now, another “Scene that should have been there but wasn’t.” " is pretty self explanatory.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
We're having a small get-together near the lake. If you’re free and interested, drop by.
Rooster - 007.jpg

I haven't seen that and that's pretty darn interesting. Josy cannot be seen in Rooster's picture. In EP3, Derek mentioned to Maya in shock that hopefully one task on the list wouldn't be outdoor sex again. But I think to myself that this Rooster was made on purpose. Why?

There are photos from the Halloween party showing Josy, Maya and the MC. These images are available to the public. Patrick could see these pictures. I even assume it's so he can see the Halloween pictures. But these pictures say nothing about whether Josy and Maya are still in a relationship.

But this Rooster Cluck is a prompt for Patrick to investigate. I think so Patrick will come check. Only he sees Josy with another girl and his daughter Maya is messing around with MC. Problem solved.

The only question is which girl Josy is messing around with. My picks would be Riona, Zoey or Lily.

In EP9 you can play this way so that it is written that Riona and the MC will talk later. But we also have a preview in which Zoey and the MC talk. She doesn't want to lose the MC's friendship again and could help him. Of course, Lily is always up for such fun and there are two previews. In one the MC is talking to Lily alone and in the second Lily is talking to Josy and Maya. What if the MC has a plan.

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
We're having a small get-together near the lake. If you’re free and interested, drop by.
View attachment 3060568

I haven't seen that and that's pretty darn interesting. Josy cannot be seen in Rooster's picture. In EP3, Derek mentioned to Maya in shock that hopefully one task on the list wouldn't be outdoor sex again. But I think to myself that this Rooster was made on purpose. Why?

There are photos from the Halloween party showing Josy, Maya and the MC. These images are available to the public. Patrick could see these pictures. I even assume it's so he can see the Halloween pictures. But these pictures say nothing about whether Josy and Maya are still in a relationship.

But this Rooster Cluck is a prompt for Patrick to investigate. I think so Patrick will come check. Only he sees Josy with another girl and his daughter Maya is messing around with MC. Problem solved.

The only question is which girl Josy is messing around with. My picks would be Riona, Zoey or Lily.

In EP9 you can play this way so that it is written that Riona and the MC will talk later. But we also have a preview in which Zoey and the MC talk. She doesn't want to lose the MC's friendship again and could help him. Of course, Lily is always up for such fun and there are two previews. In one the MC is talking to Lily alone and in the second Lily is talking to Josy and Maya. What if the MC has a plan.
I think Josy just isn't there. Seems like she's going home for thanksgiving. Episode 10 is supposed to have massive branches depending on who you opt to spend thanksgiving with.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
View attachment 3060568

why would a photo with girls prompt Patrick to investigate? is more suspicious than a male roommate? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
why would a photo with girls prompt Patrick to investigate? is more suspicious than a male roommate? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Considering Patrick wants his daughter to be a proper Christian girl who takes a dick, yeah, hanging around only with girls is sus and disappointing.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Don't you understand? The Halloween pictures show pictures of Josy, Maya and the MC. If, and I assume, Patrick sees these pictures, he will become suspicious. The images can be viewed by everyone on the Internet.
"We're having a small get-together near the lake. If you’re free and interested, drop by."
Nobody can forbid Patrick from going to a public lake.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so the picture would let Patrick know where Maya is.

i.e. Patrick knows where Maya is every day and should only decide to investigate when she is elsewhere

how did I not understand?

• Haha
Reactions: NebulousShooter

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Considering Patrick wants his daughter to be a proper Christian girl who takes a dick, yeah, hanging around only with girls is sus and disappointing.
Who remain virgin, until marriage, or even end up as a nun. I don't know why people think that if Josy out of the picture, Patrick would just let MC and Maya together, and he be fine about it.

Have you all forget how he lectured her about her dress when he arrived?!
This teaser, also look worrying:cautious:
BeingADIK 2023-11-04 17-52-42-06.jpg

so, yeah Maya is the most Drama filled love interest of all, and frankly she not worth that much of trouble:p:ROFLMAO:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Who remain virgin, until marriage, or even end up as a nun. I don't know why people think that if Josy out of the picture, Patrick would just let MC and Maya together, and he be fine about it.
He already did let MC and Maya be roommates. He might not be entirely fine with it, but he acknowledges that people at least interact and/or date before they get married.

Reactions: dalli_x

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
He already did let MC and Maya be roommates. He might not be entirely fine with it, but he acknowledges that people at least interact and/or date before they get married.
He let? Good Joke. :LOL: First of all he heavily suggested to Maya find a room without roommate. And If he would have any kind of power, to do that, He would have done it, but he doesnt have power over the scool rules. Only over Maya. That is the only reason.

so it is more of He can't do anything about it(y). Yet.... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
He let? Good Joke. :LOL: First of all he heavily suggested to Maya find a room without roommate. And If he would have any kind of power, to do that, He would have done it, but he doesnt have power over the scool rules. Only over Maya. That is the only reason.

so it is more of He can't do anything about it(y). Yet.... :ROFLMAO:
Right, he's suggested. When he could've just demanded Maya to go back home with him until this is resolved the way he wants. If it was really a deal breaker for him.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Have you all forget how he lectured her about her dress when he arrived?!
This teaser, also look worrying:cautious:
View attachment 3060696

so, yeah Maya is the most Drama filled love interest of all, and frankly she not worth that much of trouble:p:ROFLMAO:
Not worth the trouble?

Bro, Maya is totally worth it
She is a beautiful & kind-hearted sweetheart

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Right, he's suggested. When he could've just demanded Maya to go back home with him until this is resolved the way he wants. If it was really a deal breaker for him.
Let me repeat again because you seem to missing the bold part. He can't do anything about. Taking Maya home, ? Why? he paid her education, that would not solve anything

I'm just saying if you think that would be some Smooth Sailing, don't be so sure about it.:cautious: :LOL:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Let me repeat again because you seem to missing the bold part. He can't do anything about. Taking Maya home, ? Why? he paid her education, that would not solve anything
My point was that contrary to your claim he can do something about it, but chooses not to. Between preventing Maya from interacting with a boy, and allowing her to continue her education, he prioritizes the latter. Which means Maya interacting with boys isn't as much of a tragedy for him as you make it out to be.

Am not saying it's going to be entirely smooth sailing and yes, Patrick will obviously prefer Maya to remain virgin (as far as he believes) until marriage. But he doesn't act all hysterical about it, the way he goes about Maya being a lesbian.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes