funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
That's what I thought and said many times here, but he is sooooo unlike any other developer we've ever seen.

Guys like Sambo or the new guy who just posted that he got banned...they post "Wow, we are almost at a full year for 1 update" and that's it...gone.

Every other developer would just think "Whatever, thanks for your money." It's the inet afterall, people shit talk everything and everyone and usually noboby gives a fuck.

It's why I'm starting to have doubts in the first place, money just doesn't seem to be that important to him anymore, and it's understandable, he made his millions and he knows he will make 3-4-5-10 times that with S3+4 and the eventual full game release.

I just don't know if he will be able to just turn his back on his place of worship once he is done with BaD, because what people say about BaD seems to be much more important to him than money.
Well I figure DPC as a someone around 45-55 yrs old, most likely with a family. I can absolutely see him walking away, and just doing interviews and podcasts to promote his work. And just live off the sales. If he should commit to a new project, I'll certainly be more than happy to check it out. And I really hope he makes another, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Call it a gut feeling.

Reactions: TimHawk

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
I just don't know if he will be able to just turn his back on his place of worship once he is done with BaD, because what people say about BaD seems to be much more important to him than money.
Hadn't considered that. Good point.

Imagine a game set in the future where humanity flys to other planets to mine their ressources and then suddenly they run into Aliens...hmm...maybe they could be really tall...and...OH I KNOW...BLUE !!! Bro, that would be so epic and really unique too, unlike his cheap America pie-copy-game !!!
Right through the armor. :KEK:

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Guys like Sambo or the new guy who just posted that he got banned...they post "Wow, we are almost at a full year for 1 update" and that's it...gone.
To be fair though I doubt it's the first time someone's joined the discord just to immediately bleat about how long it's been since prior episode. If I was DPC I'd probably do the same when seeing yet another new person whose only input was whining.

• Angry
Reactions: ChipLecsap

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
To be fair though I doubt it's the first time someone's joined the discord just to immediately bleat about how long it's been since prior episode. If I was DPC I'd probably do the same when seeing yet another new person whose only input was whining.

For stating a fact ? Seriously ? Dude supports your hobby made profession with his hard earned money and you would be so fragile and insecure that your only recourse to stating a fact is silencing his voice ?

And if I remember correctly Sambo supported him for a very long time at a very high tier, and paid multiple times what one would have to pay for a AAA game, not that that should make any difference, it's just fundamentally wrong.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia
Aug 16, 2017
Given the money he's made off the game, I see a likely option for DPC.
Twitter/X, if it still exists, will be going dirt cheap by the time BaDIK is finished. DPC will buy that, so he'll have another platform where he demands fealty from adoring sycophants. It will be renamed DIKker, and the only ads on it will be relentless saturation of the game and related merchandise, which he will be bringing out in George Lucas style. He will also go the planned Meta route, where chat will be done by a limited range of '3Daz' avatars in various settings (a college or a strip club, initially). Yes, you too can be a Fuckface, a Sage, an overhyped midget, a Jacob, or, for those that just want to watch the world burn, a Tybalt.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I

I wonder if the throuple will only survive on the neutral affinity?
I'm a bit worried because my mc is a massive chick

I have the same worry about my Sage playthrough
I hope she doesn't end up dumping me because of that
Here's a question. What if the throuple isn't meant to survive at all?

Regardless of affinity, it seems that you're made to choose between either Josy or Maya throughout the game. This more or less encourages to show favoritism between the two. I think there's even some sex scenes that play out a little differently if you've favored Maya more. Things like choosing to see Josy at the HOTs or watching a movie with Maya, calming Maya down or defending Josy, etc. Which could be implying you won't be able to have your cake and eat it too.

It would also make things a little "smoother" for DPC when it comes to writing the endings for the paths. He probably wants to add in some "We got married and had kids!" type of shit. Which might not necessarily be a "smooth" ending people would be satisfied with if every other Main LI got some kind of similar ending but only Maya and Josy didn't.

As a player it'd also be kind of a bitch and a half to try and "balance out" the character points for both of them for (what looks like) 16 straight episodes. Trying to maintain "neutrality" in terms of Josy favor points and Maya favor points would just be another headache. For me at least.

Of course, it could just be a mechanism that encourages even MORE runs of the same path *sigh* and you can have your Happy Ending Threesome at the very end and DPC does seem obsessed enough to write out all those possible endings. Honestly, I'm just speculating here from what little I can remember.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ray_D

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Here's a question. What if the throuple isn't meant to survive at all?
The throuple surviving and being one of the endings is probably the general assumption, because whenever they fight, the MC can a) add fuel to the fire or b) calm them down and have them make peace again.

If the throuple were to be doomed no matter what, instead of a fire/calm prompt we would probably get a "side with Josy/side with Maya prompt.

In the end a mix of the difference in RP's with Josy and Maya not being bigger than X points, plus the MC choosing the "calm" option every time could be used to keep the throuple going.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Imagine a game set in the future where humanity flys to other planets to mine their ressources and then suddenly they run into Aliens
Hmmm... :unsure:
I think it's quite possible. :rolleyes:
Most likely, humanity will make a technological breakthrough.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
did u see the previews sherlock?
And?
Haven't seen any previews of Vinny, yet it's guaranteed he's going to be trouble again.
Haven't seen any previews about fake prof Burke either.
I could go on.
What's your point Watson? Because by your logic the only characters we'll see in the upcoming episode will only feature the characters that were previewed? What sort of stupid logic is that?

The previews never promised anything on every character....

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
And?
Haven't seen any previews of Vinny, yet it's guaranteed he's going to be trouble again.
Haven't seen any previews about fake prof Burke either.
I could go on.
What's your point Watson? Because by your logic the only characters we'll see in the upcoming episode will only feature the characters that were previewed? What sort of stupid logic is that?

The previews never promised anything on every character....
lets hope you're right otherwise its gonna be a very short update for me again...

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
True Fact
(EDIT) no sad face need it That Was in game of the Nerd but Who knows What will happend in the Future
Honestly, that's my favorite scene with Josy.
Ice Queen all da way! Don't stop now my queen! You still have Maya to finish off!
:ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes