VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
probable next render milestones for future episodes in S3:

EP11: 6000-6250
EP12: 6250-6500

I wouldn't be surprised if the very last episode (likely EP16) reaches or surpasses 10000 renders.

Reactions: lipe2410

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
You took issue with people being disappointed with Ep9 plot development and said that they are wrong, then came my answer, thats how public forums work. Why were you so bent out of shape about people saying ep9 was garbage from anything other than a technical aspect? :unsure:
Of course it needed to be said. Because once again, like it or not, Ep9 did advance the story narrative. I look at the episodes objectively. I don't slam them because my personal LI path didn't progress. The game is larger than 1 single LI's story. So it's natural that some episodes won't affect some paths as much as others. but in later episodes that slack gets addressed. It always does. So short-sided complaints always get my attention. There are already enough immature users on here that just can't see passed their beloved LI, and can't be bothered to consume the product in it's entirety, and then sit there moaning about it constantly and consistently. THAT is where I have issues with.

There is a lot of shit I'd like to rehash about the game with my own complaints, but since it's been hashed to hell and back already, you can't find any of my complaints about the game anywhere. So constantly seeing users complain about "oh it didn't do anything for the story waaa waaa" everytime Ep9 is brought up for discussion, that shit got old real fucking fast. So if you're all for circle jerking eachother on something no one can do anything about, then expect me to step in and rub your face in it.

So the bottom line here is simple, neither of us holds the moral high-ground on this. Perhaps I could have put in more thought on the messaging I used. Ok, fine! But the core of the message was more than sound and required.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
I mean clearly everyone loved Ep9's interlude
I mean, I played it as a preview for Ep 9 but it wasn't that necessary to put that many time of developement since it doesn't add something crucial to the plot(For now) and Ep 9 was kind of a let down to a big part of players so I don't think he's going to do something THAT stupid again, more knowing that it will delay future episodes developement.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
probable next render milestones for future episodes in S3:

EP11: 6000-6250
EP12: 6250-6500

I wouldn't be surprised if the very last episode (likely EP16) reaches or surpasses 10000 renders.
"Hi everbody,

DPC here and I have great news for you all. Since I now have the necessary computing power I decided that from Ep. 11
onward everything will be animated in 4k@60FPS, so there will be hardly any still renders left.

Thank you all for your amazing support in all those years and all future decades!"

:HideThePain:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
My concern is the same, there are many "side quests" and the main story barely advances
That's why the "side quests" will be connected to the main story. The main story progresses through the side stories. It's just hard to see which direction our decisions will take us.

Example Jade. I wrote a long time ago that the MC shouldn't fuck with MILFs, because it can happen, so that one or another MILF could be the mother of an LI. It happened. This side story ties into the main story.

DPC himself wrote in his Q&A that decisions made in previous EPs will only have consequences later in the game. I assume that there will even be consequences for decisions made in EP1.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 29, 2023
What was Vinnie doing / looking for in the mc's room?
Good question.
Obvious answer: That puzzle box the MC was fiddling with back in episode 8.

This box.jpg

He found it when he was cleaning his room/Vinny’s old room, had it on his desk in plain sight, but in ep 9 Vinny stupidly thought the MC would consider it valuable like he did, and tossed the room looking for its hiding place. We still don’t know what’s in it. Maybe it’s Vinny’s horcrux.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
"Hi everbody,

DPC here and I have great news for you all. Since I now have the necessary computing power I decided that from Ep. 11
onward everything will be animated in 4k@60FPS, so there will be hardly any still renders left.

Thank you all for your amazing support in all those years and all future decades!"

:HideThePain:
We all know Unreal Engine 5 migration is the next step. :Kappa:

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Hmm, I wonder if DPC is planning another 10% Interlude-like scene for a Spring break episode 12 or 13. Wouldn't that be dandy? I mean clearly everyone loved Ep9's interlude.. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I wouldn't put it passed DPC. :unsure:
certainly I adore the interlude was a masterpiece for the story worthy of an Oscar and acclaimed by Martin scorsese.. :Kappa::Kappa:
86hr3s.gif

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I mean, I played it as a preview for Ep 9 but it wasn't that necessary to put that many time of developement since it doesn't add something crucial to the plot(For now) and Ep 9 was kind of a let down to a big part of players so I don't think he's going to do something THAT stupid again, more knowing that it will delay future episodes developement.
The Interlude was made because DrPinkCake needed a vacation: that's what it was for.

Did he lose patrons after episode 9? nope.

Did he lose patrons after 11 months and a half? nope.

You can bet your ass that we will have another interlude. The real question is whether in season 3 or in season 4.

Aug 29, 2023
There are already enough immature users on here that just can't see passed their beloved LI, and can't be bothered to consume the product in it's entirety, and then sit there moaning about it constantly and consistently. THAT is where I have issues with.
That’s something I have yet to understand. I have gamer friends who spend months on a new game, going through all the alternate paths and endings until they’ve fully exhausted the game. And I have gamer friends who play it once, and are done—and no, they didn’t rent the game from Redbox and have to return it the next day; they bought it. Spent the 70 bucks for Spider-Man 2, only to play it once.

Blows my mind. Dude, I watch movies I’ve bought, which have no alternate endings, more than once. But these guys are once-and-done.

Okay, so you might have a favorite LI, and have no interest in the others. Fine. But you’re not curious to see what those relationships look like, and how the storyline changes to accommodate them? How the main character changes to accommodate them? How they change too?—notably how Josy and Bella get more DIKish when the MC does. You can save your favorite timeline and go back to it; it’s not getting overwritten, as if there’s only one universe, Back to the Future style. Why not explore?

But some people are just that uncurious, I suppose.

Pussies.jpg

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I hope so. My prediction is just pessimistic because I've lost all faith in DPC giving people what they want. If I'm right, nobody wins. Saying they'll break up in Ep 10 is too optimistic. But what you're saying seems like it could be the most feasible. Again, it's just because I don't have faith in DPC to NOT drag shit out as long as possible.

Still, I'm actually wondering if there will be a way to keep the throuple intact by a choice/choices the MC makes. Those rep points for the characters seem largely underutilized after all. Also wondering if there are people who actually want the throuple and not just either solo Josy or solo Maya.

Then maybe they just automatically break up if you're not on their path. Since it's impossible for MC to influence anything outside of the relationship. It's not to say they can't have their happy ending without the MC. It's just that it feels like it'd be a waste of time for DPC to do entirely separate renders, dialogue, code just for that permutation.

It's a question of having a more "well-rounded" world that doesn't revolve around the MC versus acknowledging a lot of people just want to pursue a path with their favored characters. And while they might not neccesarily care either way or even encourage it, they wouldn't enjoy the idea of dev time going towards that at the opportunity cost of more potential scenes with specific characters. I mean, DPC's already spread thin enough as it is.
On throuple or not things are rocky with Josy and Maya so I don't think there a way around them breaking up I believe that will happen in 11 then Ep12 Josy and Maya stay friends but not dating and MC picks one of them or keeps dating both girls until force to pick. If things will play out like that only time will tell

Reactions: allanl9020142

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The only plot point that can conceivably be solved before Season 4 is James. Everything else is interconnected. The sex for tuition stuff is the main thread, solving that will have massive consequences for so many staff and students (including and not limited to getting kicked out of college) that it can't be solved early, the solution for Maya's tuition is simple - once the restaurant and associated tuition is exposed she'll get one of the tuition spots with no strings attached. But for that to happen then her storyline has to be dragged on until after the sex for tuition scam is exposed, which is why I think the Burke lawyer will turn out to be Priscilla and the meeting will only prolong the storyline rather than solving it. The Vinny storyline looks to be setting up the big Season 3 cliffhanger, which will be a shot being fired and then a black screen, depending on who is in the scene it could lead to months of discussion of who has been shot and whether they are dead. It'll be the investigation into the shooting incident in Season 4 that will expose Quinn's drug dealing and associated prostitution and that the prostitutes are being paid through tuitions arranged by Burke and that he is potentially being employed to manage the scam by someone higher on the food chain.
The main theme of BaDIK is not “sex for tuition fees”. You are completely wrong. The main story revolves around the MC alone. He is who he is when he came to BaDIK. That's what he said when he was in the DIK Mansion for the first time. But who will he become? Will he find the rest of his family? What friends will he have?

Priscilla will not be Burke's lawyer. Why would Stephen Burke call his lawyer? Because Maya finally wants to join the HOTs and Stephen Burke won't give her the scholarship? In your version, there is no need for Stephen Burke to call his lawyer. Where there is no plaintiff, there is no defendant. There is no reason for Stephen Burke to have to explain himself to his lawyer. But that's exactly what Stephen Burke wants to do. He calls this Priscilla to explain why he didn't give Maya a scholarship. The drug thing, restaurant and sex tutoring are side stories.

Things with Vinny are going to be interesting, there's no doubt about it. But the possibilities that can already be seen in EP9 are very diverse. Does the MC get Vinny's gun in the face or not? If so, the MC's blood could be on the gun. Vinny was in Rusty's room earlier. Has Vinny seen Tommy's murder mystery? What if he switched weapons and Tommy is now actually in possession of a real gun without knowing it? Does Tommy accidentally shoot someone? Has the weapon been used in a murder before? There are too many questions to determine a definitive scenario.

All I know is that DPC placed some traps in the previous EPs and some of these bombs will explode in Season 3 if the player wasn't careful.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes