Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I'm on the others path and I thought I was on Nicole's path but somehow I didn't get her scene. What did I do wrong? I'm rolling with Lily if that matters.
you answered yourself...

So you spooned Lily at the end of ep 9, thats of course not the way to choose to be with nicole... Or let me ask you this, you like to girls, have a threesome, and decide you want to be with girl X but are cuddeling and careressing girl Y do you really think girl X still is that much interested in you? And wanne be with Nicole but than rolling with Lily? Boy... make up your mind, its not a harem game.

kymar10

Jan 2, 2022
Well, I guess no one cares about my opinion, but I have to vent. I don't agree with bigdick in all of his points, but I think he has a point in many things.

So, I don't want to sound like a hater (I'm not at all) but I feel disappointed with this episode, and therefore, with the direction that the game is taking. Okay, we all love the fact that it's not just a sex game, but come on... Is all this drama and talkative scenes really necessary, considering each update is too short? What about the dating sim, the main aspect of the game? I've always thought that only talk-irrelevant-scenes are super necessary as they make the game larger and benefit immersion, but the dev should combine that with more scenes and more fun. It makes no sense to me that there are only a few scenes per path, and each patch feels so empty.

I feel that PinkCake is so focused on making a very complete game that he's getting overwhelmed by so many romance storylines. Can you imagine how long and enjoyable it could be, not only this update but also some of the previous ones, and therefore, the game itself, if perhaps there were fewer paths (I personally could do without Jill) or if at least the single path could be combined with one of the others (meaning you could cheat or whatever, and thus enjoy more scenes in a single playthrough)? I know this is the developer's decision and the plot he creates, but I think the essence of the game is being lost, and it's evolving into more drama that many people aren't interested in. I don't mind the complexity that DrPinkCake wants to bring to the plot (because it's beneficial even for the realism and excitement of the more sexual part of the game), but it's clear that waiting a year for an update that, let's be honest, falls short (even though there's a lot of work and excellent work behind it, I agree with some who say that the Dev has spent too much time on things that we don't care about today. An example is the aquariums or some absurd mini-games. While I like activating the option to play them, I think they don't add anything today and only waste time that could have been spent on more sexual scenes or more interesting scenes.)

We have Becky, who supposedly wants to fuck us, Tiffany, Tara, Sally, etc., and we can't do anything with them, even though we've been waiting a long time for a scene with them. Also, I think many of us were hoping to progress with Heather, either through another sex scene, a message, or something beyond a simple chat in the yoga class about what happened that night at the party. On the other hand, a lot of teasing with Elena, but nothing happens either. Is there really space for so many mini-games (don't repeat that you can play without this option) and for absurd scenes like the guy who gets fired from work, but there was no room in this episode for something to happen with Elena? Then, we have Lily, with whom we can start a "relationship," but we barely have a couple of talks and a blowjob in the field. Did we really not have more space for these girls? I go back to what I said about "just talking" scenes, scenes that initially don't add anything, but add immersion, that I think the developer should have added many more. Why not make more scenes like that, where you can talk (even about irrelevant things) with these girls or whoever, instead of shit like that scene with the guy who gets fired from work (which may be important in the future, but I don't know... I think the developer is going a bit crazy with some aspects of the plot and the game itself). And also, why so few text messages with the characters? Why so little Rooster? I don't understand. As far as I know, it's not exactly the most difficult or time-consuming thing to do, and it would fit into what I mean by "irrelevant chats." They add time, realism, and immersion to the game, and it wouldn't cost DrPinkCake anything...

And regarding those who followed the path of a specific girl, don't you also think that it falls a bit short in certain aspects? If you chose that, you knew what you were exposing yourself to in terms of limitations, but even if there were the option to cheat and therefore access the scenes of the single path, don't you think there is little development/depth in the banality of a relationship itself?

For me, the key to this game was that combination of a good plot, many characters and beautiful girls, elaborate characters with their own personality, the great freedom of action that the MC has, etc., as well as the majestic American Pie essence that the creator gives it. But the fact of being a playboy was essential... I understand that some choose a romance path with Bella, Sage, Josy, and Maya, etc., but it's clear that the single path is very empty because it should be something similar to what the initial chapters were, and it's not. We have many girls, and the chapter opens up various possibilities, but they are not taken advantage of. I don't understand, also, things like you can't get the blowjob from Heather if you were with Josy and Maya (if I'm not mistaken, this is how it is), even if you decided to be single at the end of chapter 8.

In the end, there is a feeling that there is a lot of content but very scattered, and, as I mentioned before, it would be much more practical to have cut paths or combined some. Although it sounds repetitive, does really no one think about how incredible it would have been to be with Sage, Jill, or whoever, but still be able to access sex scenes with other girls (like finishing the Halloween party with Mel and Sarah)? They would be cheating, but that's the freedom that should characterize a VN, right? This way, we could be screwing Sage, for example, and having romantic scenes but without losing content with other girls... all this, logically, subject to the player's decision, who could decide NOT to cheat. I don't know... what is clear is that each path on its own falls very short, and together, if we combined exclusive scenes from each path, we would have a brutal chapter, even missing many scenes with the girls I mention (Becky, Sally, Elena, Heather...)

Considering that by far it's my favorite VN, and practically the only one I play today, and that I can only thank DrPinkCake for such a masterpiece... I have to say that, as I mentioned before, lately, the direction the game is taking is disappointing, and also, I honestly think DrPinkCake is getting complacent. In my humble opinion, I think the wait benefits him because the anticipation generates more people's eagerness, and therefore more support both economically and publicity-wise. But this is not going to last forever, and people can end up getting tired. Maybe many of us who have so many expectations for this game end up disappointed... but oh well. Clearly, it's a great game, and it must be insane to do all this alone. But I think DrPinkCake needs to change the development system, as well as the direction the game is taking because personally, I'm losing interest since it's really the only adult VN that has me so hooked and addicted, but it gets tiring to wait a year for this... I think the episodes should be longer, or on the other hand, release one every 4-5 months, not every year. He makes a lot of money with Patreon for what he's offering today, even if it bothers many of you. It's my humble opinion.

While I usually don't write here, I had to vent. I would appreciate it if you respected my opinion, and I'm open to chatting about all this with anyone. Greetings!

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I put the dude in my ignore list 1 year ago.

Almost every F95 user from my ignore list is a BaDIK wild theorist. My ignore list has 119 users. :sneaky:
You cant discuss anything with Dalli, and not a single one of his theories are even close to being reasonable. And he is making a David Fincher, Dan Brown and whatnot out of DPC... its just strange, put him on ignore too cause its really lighten up the thread if Dalli isnt showing up on every page with his nonsense...

I mean, he isnt even putting out "theories" anymore based on what the game shows, he is writing his own things in his mind... its just.... woah :D Living in a different universe.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
beer pong with her was also a bit weak , I was hoping more teasing from her, showing her ass and etc to try to distract MC , but the whole beer pong mini game, end up a little bit clunky in my opinion.
so frankly after a whole year of waiting, I expected a bit more and better, but there were highlights of the episode, and finally something moved forward
I found the scene fun it got Josy naked so for that I'm happy :ROFLMAO: seems like she more into the non beer pong scene

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Well, I guess no one cares about my opinion, but I have to vent. I don't agree with bigdick in all of his points, but I think he has a point in many things.

So, I don't want to sound like a hater (I'm not at all) but I feel disappointed with this episode, and therefore, with the direction that the game is taking. Okay, we all love the fact that it's not just a sex game, but come on... Is all this drama and talkative scenes really necessary, considering each update is too short? What about the dating sim, the main aspect of the game? I've always thought that only talk-irrelevant-scenes are super necessary as they make the game larger and benefit immersion, but the dev should combine that with more scenes and more fun. It makes no sense to me that there are only a few scenes per path, and each patch feels so empty.

I feel that PinkCake is so focused on making a very complete game that he's getting overwhelmed by so many romance storylines. Can you imagine how long and enjoyable it could be, not only this update but also some of the previous ones, and therefore, the game itself, if perhaps there were fewer paths (I personally could do without Jill) or if at least the single path could be combined with one of the others (meaning you could cheat or whatever, and thus enjoy more scenes in a single playthrough)? I know this is the developer's decision and the plot he creates, but I think the essence of the game is being lost, and it's evolving into more drama that many people aren't interested in. I don't mind the complexity that DrPinkCake wants to bring to the plot (because it's beneficial even for the realism and excitement of the more sexual part of the game), but it's clear that waiting a year for an update that, let's be honest, falls short (even though there's a lot of work and excellent work behind it, I agree with some who say that the Dev has spent too much time on things that we don't care about today. An example is the aquariums or some absurd mini-games. While I like activating the option to play them, I think they don't add anything today and only waste time that could have been spent on more sexual scenes or more interesting scenes.)

We have Becky, who supposedly wants to fuck us, Tiffany, Tara, Sally, etc., and we can't do anything with them, even though we've been waiting a long time for a scene with them. Also, I think many of us were hoping to progress with Heather, either through another sex scene, a message, or something beyond a simple chat in the yoga class about what happened that night at the party. On the other hand, a lot of teasing with Elena, but nothing happens either. Is there really space for so many mini-games (don't repeat that you can play without this option) and for absurd scenes like the guy who gets fired from work, but there was no room in this episode for something to happen with Elena? Then, we have Lily, with whom we can start a "relationship," but we barely have a couple of talks and a blowjob in the field. Did we really not have more space for these girls? I go back to what I said about "just talking" scenes, scenes that initially don't add anything, but add immersion, that I think the developer should have added many more. Why not make more scenes like that, where you can talk (even about irrelevant things) with these girls or whoever, instead of shit like that scene with the guy who gets fired from work (which may be important in the future, but I don't know... I think the developer is going a bit crazy with some aspects of the plot and the game itself). And also, why so few text messages with the characters? Why so little Rooster? I don't understand. As far as I know, it's not exactly the most difficult or time-consuming thing to do, and it would fit into what I mean by "irrelevant chats." They add time, realism, and immersion to the game, and it wouldn't cost DrPinkCake anything...

And regarding those who followed the path of a specific girl, don't you also think that it falls a bit short in certain aspects? If you chose that, you knew what you were exposing yourself to in terms of limitations, but even if there were the option to cheat and therefore access the scenes of the single path, don't you think there is little development/depth in the banality of a relationship itself?

For me, the key to this game was that combination of a good plot, many characters and beautiful girls, elaborate characters with their own personality, the great freedom of action that the MC has, etc., as well as the majestic American Pie essence that the creator gives it. But the fact of being a playboy was essential... I understand that some choose a romance path with Bella, Sage, Josy, and Maya, etc., but it's clear that the single path is very empty because it should be something similar to what the initial chapters were, and it's not. We have many girls, and the chapter opens up various possibilities, but they are not taken advantage of. I don't understand, also, things like you can't get the blowjob from Heather if you were with Josy and Maya (if I'm not mistaken, this is how it is), even if you decided to be single at the end of chapter 8.

In the end, there is a feeling that there is a lot of content but very scattered, and, as I mentioned before, it would be much more practical to have cut paths or combined some. Although it sounds repetitive, does really no one think about how incredible it would have been to be with Sage, Jill, or whoever, but still be able to access sex scenes with other girls (like finishing the Halloween party with Mel and Sarah)? They would be cheating, but that's the freedom that should characterize a VN, right? This way, we could be screwing Sage, for example, and having romantic scenes but without losing content with other girls... all this, logically, subject to the player's decision, who could decide NOT to cheat. I don't know... what is clear is that each path on its own falls very short, and together, if we combined exclusive scenes from each path, we would have a brutal chapter, even missing many scenes with the girls I mention (Becky, Sally, Elena, Heather...)

Considering that by far it's my favorite VN, and practically the only one I play today, and that I can only thank DrPinkCake for such a masterpiece... I have to say that, as I mentioned before, lately, the direction the game is taking is disappointing, and also, I honestly think DrPinkCake is getting complacent. In my humble opinion, I think the wait benefits him because the anticipation generates more people's eagerness, and therefore more support both economically and publicity-wise. But this is not going to last forever, and people can end up getting tired. Maybe many of us who have so many expectations for this game end up disappointed... but oh well. Clearly, it's a great game, and it must be insane to do all this alone. But I think DrPinkCake needs to change the development system, as well as the direction the game is taking because personally, I'm losing interest since it's really the only adult VN that has me so hooked and addicted, but it gets tiring to wait a year for this... I think the episodes should be longer, or on the other hand, release one every 4-5 months, not every year. He makes a lot of money with Patreon for what he's offering today, even if it bothers many of you. It's my humble opinion.

While I usually don't write here, I had to vent. I would appreciate it if you respected my opinion, and I'm open to chatting about all this with anyone. Greetings!
The game is designed in such a way that you can't get everything in one go. You are planned to play it again and again and play the individual routes so that each route has its own story. And the game is essentially a VN, it's focuses on the story about the student association “Diks”, not the sex. The game is called "Being a Dik", not TON.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Bought seasons one and two on Steam, but so far, I don't care for the Tattoos. I like art, so I am barely hanging on (low interest) so far. No don't like it the only theme here is pushing tats. So deleting the update. Sad I expected excellence many diverse directions in the original stuff, not catering to one specific group.

Reactions: Majindevil

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Man I was considering a Zoey path but this episode she's being a twat.
Bursts back into MC's life again, acts like she's a DiK groupie then ghosts MC (again) after he has the talk with her :cautious:
Jacob can have her.
I have always thought that zoey was the best potential for long term commitment for mc. She needs to understand that relationships trump accomplishments every damn time. Perhaps she will come to understand that now (end of 10). But mc needs to understand the old thing about, if you love somebody, set them free. If they come back, they are yours. There is hope that dpk will let this be a game about growing up instead of about disaster like acting lessons.

I tried a number of paths with zoey. No relationship at end of 10, tell Jacob to go ahead, nope, she runs off yelling every time.

Reactions: Lord Soth

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022

Indeed, I would rather have fewer routes but with more content. But, I don't think it will happen. DPC's Patreon stayed at the same level, around 15 000 although he didn't release anything the whole year.

Honestly, I'm just happy he keeps updating his game when he could do like so many other devs and just release preview/report without losing that much of a support for a few years.

In the end, no dev offers the same quality/quantity content as him. To the opposite, most devs after a few updates take more time to release less content, aka milk. And unless this changed (which I don't think, It will) DPC doesn't have to worry about competition in the AVN industry.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
The opportunity to cheat will arise, it's essentially already open but not implemented.
In the game there are so-called cheating points, which are awarded to the player for sexual acts with other girls.
Ah, do you think that higher cheating points will give you more cheating opportunities?

I was worried that they will explode in my ass sooner or later...

Aug 29, 2023
In the midst of Tommy’s talk about butt stuff…

Rimmy.jpg

…yep, he’s describing the good ol’ Rusty Trombone. Which made me wonder for a moment whether DPC knows that’s what it’s called in the States. But then I remembered the DIK president is of course named Rusty… and knowing Tommy, Rusty no doubt got really goddamned tired of all the Rusty Trombone jokes and demanded Tommy never, ever use that term again.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

I try to figure out if you even played the episodes before, cause it doesnt look like it. Cause everything what bothers you is the whole game since episode 1.

There are many post like this (well, way shorter) where some guys complain about this and that and that the game is changing for the worse... like, why the free roams or minigames... well, they are there since day one? Why is it a problem now? EP9 was made in one huge free roam, but it was the exception... episode 10 got back to how it was before, like 2-3 free roams, 1 a little bigger than the rest, nothing new here, it was the same in every episode before too.

The main aspect of the game was NEVER a dating sim, why do you think that? Its a soap opera in college setting first of all. Never was something else. The porn is just an "extra" not the main thing, and the dating? There are way to many girls involved to focus only on that if the mainpart is the drama of the "soap opera" and that was the case since day 1 too. So its impossible to put more than 2-3 scenes for each girl in a episode, and this was always the case too... no episode focuses "only" on the dating or a specific girl. Most girls got 2 scenes per episode, sometimes 3, including 1 lewd scene, maybe a second one... that was never different. (well, besides episode 1 i guess, cause it was the introduction)

The "dating" went on too long anyways... the decision in episode 8 should have been made at the end of ep 6 or maybe 7. It was never intented to be a harem game, it was never intended that MC will end up with multiple girls (excpet the throuple with J&M of course) its the average F95 user that thinks that way. "harem here, harem there, why is there no incest? And i dont care for story, i wanna bang every girl" Thats not being a dik.

And that the update was short... are you for real? Its in fact the longest episode of the game so far. The numbers of the dialoge lines alone show that. Of course, if you play only one route... thats another deal, than its ep 9 cause there are only a few differences between the routes. If you play one route alone, you kinda only see 25% of the whole game including episode 10. But thats again... the case since day 1. You want the whole experience with 20 hours per episode? Well... you need to play different playthroughs... otherswise its 3-5 hours per episode, which btw is by far the longest playtime any DEV around here puts out per update. Nobody comes even near it.

12 months was long, yep... too long even i agree... and yet... still DPC delivered more content here than any other DEV or even bigger DEV Teams were capable off in the same time. It might felt short to you, but it wasnt, thats not a "subjective" opinion, its just a fact. I sincerly hope that DPC cut out on animations, cause they were the sole reason why it took so long, everything else of the episode could have been done in 6 months. But he planned so many animations from day one, so... he knew they would took about 10-12 months to render anyway,he can render about 1 animation per day... 335 animations total... well you dont need to be a genius to figure out why it took 12 months to be finished, and its annoying cause half of them are not neccessary.

Regarding "immersion" and irrelevant text or distractions... again, did you even played episodes before? It had more rooster posts than any other episode so far. The characters talked all the time about this and that, ep9 was kinda a whole episode with ONLY irrelevant talk, and that was the biggest issue for most people. In fact, you could skip ep9 entirely and it wouldnt even make a significant difference. With epiosde 10 DPC found the way back how it was before in episode 1-8. 50% fun and distraction, 50% meaningful talks/scenes/plotprogression which again... is how most episodes were before too + - some percentage. EP9 was 95% irrelevant talk and fun... which was just awful, especially considered that everything happend at one day ingame and in one free roam. I guess ep9 is your favorite than. But its a exception, thats not how being a dik was or ever supposed to be.

Overall, you expectation doesnt match with the game at all, and i cant shake the feeling off that you either didnt played 1-8, or didnt pay attention to them... dont know. But everything that bothers you is pretty much the same in every episode except episode 9 (and the interlude if you want to count that)

There is nothing wrong with it if the game isnt for you... but you complain especially about episode 10 what it does wrong... and all the things are pretty much the same in episode 1-8 too. Which is REALLY strange. So overall, the whole game is not for you, not just episode 10.

And finally "But the fact of being a playboy was essential" And thats where you and many others are wrong.

Being a playboy is ONLY for the "others" route (and even there you cant be with many girls anymore). And was never the "essence" of the game. The essence of the game is a normal dude before adulthood comes to college and get the whole college experience and a lot more plotwise, and maybe finding a girlfriend along the ride, not fucking around every pussy on campus the whole 16 episodes long.

That said, its okay that you dont like the game, many dont like it, which is more often than not reasonable too. But you complain about things in episode 10 which is practically in every episode before the exact same. So... you didnt liked episode 1-8 too, or if you did, its really really strange, cause episode 10 delivers the same as those, just more of it... with... well, way to many animations.

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
In the midst of Tommy’s talk about butt stuff…

View attachment 3165090

…yep, he’s describing the good ol’ Rusty Trombone. Which made me wonder for a moment whether DPC knows that’s what it’s called in the States. But then I remembered the DIK president is of course named Rusty… and knowing Tommy, Rusty no doubt got really goddamned tired of all the Rusty Trombone jokes and demanded Tommy never, ever use that term again.
Well... for one... DPC is from sweden. So. Dont know about his knowledge for US-terms of sexual acts :D

I for one dont like butt stuff... come on... its... the asshole. Ugh. And before you asked, yeah i tried, it doesnt feel that good, and is making me uncomfortable, same goes for anal sex... ok yeah its tight in the beginning, but after? Not so much. A pussy well trained is on a whole other level where its important. If you like the tight grip of analsex around the shaft, use cockrings and than fuck a pussy... way better feeling and not so "awkward"

I didnt know how this was called, but i know the act and experienced it one time, we stopped, cause... i didnt liked it.

Rusty Trombone... wtf? Who even came up with a name like this? :D But as i know DPC, its not a coinsidence that Rusty is called... Rusty. I would bet he knows that its called like that and made the remark on purpose.

So yeah you made me laugh a little, cause i didnt know the name of said act, and thinking about Tommy amaking jokes about "Rusty" does fit his persona. Just like the granny jokes about Derek. Which leads to the question... why doesnt he make those jokes about Rusty? Hm... well... on second thaught maybe DPC doesnt know the term...

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

BigSexy57

Apr 13, 2019
this update was long made and just one scene per char, but to see a younger version of Bella - is priceless.
i think that "younger version" thing could be developed in something greater than just one episode in one scene, what do you think folks?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes