Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I don’t justify him for withdrawing himself from everything. His mistake is that he supported this marriage and didn't file for divorce, because this is not what he wanted from life. But maybe Jade has always had this behavior?
I don't think so. He even said that she wasn't.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Now that the dust has settled I can tell my opinion on newest update with a fresh take as it gets since I played from very start almost every day until completion. I will pretend that the ruined saves or game breaking didn't happen.

Minigames - I like them. I could agree that they are not necessary and if it takes long time to develop I too would rather that time be spent on story/dates with lovely characters, but as they exist I don't find them too hard or tedious and definitely not boring. I did use easy/normal difficulty everywhere tho since I am kind of a casual (+ boomer).

Free roams - I don't get why people complain about this, instructions are very clear and it is easy to manouver the sandbox aspect of this game. There are times when I can't wait for next free roam to happen, because it means possibly cool new Rooster posts and I enjoy finding characters "out in the wild" as I explore areas. I read some comments about being stuck in free roam or whatever and I can't imagine how that is even possible. Also Pack Quests are cool and only very rarely I disagree with the name of the clue so it's pretty straight forward and often so clever that you can appreciate it.

Dates - Obviously I did not explore everything possible. That only further contributes why the update took so long, because there are many different options for player and I can appreciate it even if most of those options are not for me. The further I got into the updates from starting fresh, the more I entertained a thought that I should start fresh again and really commit to just 1 love interest. I have a feeling somewhere down the line it will be rewarded from development... in a same way some bad choices are punished. Obviously I really love Nicole (Envy) so hope there is possibility to build something real there. There was a bit of a contradiction there on my playthrough since in Swyper chat MC had option to say kid doesn't bother me, but in the newest date MC expresses dislike that she has a kid without choice... Maybe slight logic error there unless it makes difference if you are DIK or CHIC then I could understand that since there was also exclusive option for CHIC during that date.

Humor - As always one of the strongest aspects of this game.

Drama - Similar to humor also strong aspect of the game and feels like it crawls up on you when you least expect it to really dig deep on that emotion spectrum.

Huge thanks to https://f95zone.to/members/sancho1969.1956589/ for allowing some players to enjoy assistance during gameplay so everyone can achieve what they want within the game without breaking it or destroying immersion with constantly looking up resources outside the game. <3

I find it interesting that one of my favorite characters and one of my least favorite characters are twins. I wouldn't mind skipping chunk of content and not be involved in Maya bullshit, I really despise her, but I guess I can at least keep a thought in back of my mind that I am helping my bro Derek.

What the hell is the problem of that cafeteria chick, don't tell me the bad food joke from earlier in the game struck a nerve with her so deep that she literally plots to destroy whole DIK fraternity. She gotta be a pawn of someone, right? Also, if DIK truly is involved in the shitstorm behind the scenes it has to be Nick unless someone is framing him (maybe Vinny?), cause all the evidence points towards him, like very obviously so. Room spared from trashing, he is in library when laptop was stolen and found in library, he is the only one who misses Vinny it seems (blames DIKs for his leave?), is in love with Heather (maybe he will frame Tommy to get rid of him to get with Heather?), also was one of the least stats for mansion rebuild (reluctant to help fix stuff, suspicious!?).

All in all I hope I am around for the next update, I have a feeling it will be a glorious one!

P.S. Since most people won't get with Nicole because of her profession and/or family, could it be possible that she stays as is or can even embrace everything further if MC chooses? I would hate for MC to get with Nicole only to start dishing out mean comments or trying to control her. If you get with Nicole you want a sexy stripper girlfriend, let us embrace it! And if her baby daddy is someone interesting or well... exotic, that would be super hot in my book at least. Here come the facepalms haha...

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Stephen is a bastard, but what created Stephen?
That doesn't make Jade a bully. When they found out she couldn't have children, what did he do. He distanced himself, by throwin himself into his work. Did he try to comfort her? No. He even told the therapist that he didn't know what to do, so he hid in his work. So, she is the product of what he did to her. Or should I say, of what he didn't do.
I think some of you guys didn't get the message Stephen's flashback tells us: Stephen Burke is a coward. The bully is not Stephen but other people around him like Jade and his co-workers and former boss.

Other people know that Stephen is a passive person because he is a coward and they take advantage of this. Stephen is not a saint, but it was Jade who made him a miserable family man and her co-workers who made him an unhappy and unappreciated person in his career.

When Jade finds out she can't have children, Stephen doesn't know how to react or what to say. He doesn't do this out of negligence, he does it out of cowardice for not knowing or being afraid to deal with a problem like this. He didn't even have the courage to tell Jade that he was against the idea of adopting.

The same happens when he doesn't have the courage to break the law for the company he works for. The same happens when he doesn't assert himself when someone calls him a “new guy” even though he's been with the company for 8 years.

Jade is a toxic woman, period. Just see how she reacts when the MC rejects her advances. You can't say she reacts this way because of Stephen. Jade is crazy and mentally unbalanced and together with Stephen's cowardice the tragedy was announced.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think some of you guys didn't get the message Stephen's flashback tells us: Stephen Burke is a coward. The bully is not Stephen but other people around him like Jade and his co-workers and former boss.

Other people know that Stephen is a passive person because he is a coward and they take advantage of this. Stephen is not a saint, but it was Jade who made him a miserable family man and her co-workers who made him an unhappy and unappreciated person in his career.

When Jade finds out she can't have children, Stephen doesn't know how to react or what to say. He doesn't do this out of negligence, he does it out of cowardice for not knowing or being afraid to deal with a problem like this. He didn't even have the courage to tell Jade that he was against the idea of adopting.

The same happens when he doesn't have the courage to break the law for the company he works for. The same happens when he doesn't assert himself when someone calls him a “new guy” even though he's been with the company for 8 years.

Jade is a toxic woman, period. Just see how she reacts when the MC rejects her advances. You can't say she reacts this way because of Stephen. Jade is crazy and mentally unbalanced and together with Stephen's cowardice the tragedy was announced.
This seems to be the best explanation of the situation. Stephen as a very passive and cowardly man and the aggressive, assertive Jade are a very bad combination.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
But the problem that saynotoNTR raises affects all girls and not just Josy.
The problem I raised was Josy (being taken) trying to seduce an MC who recently started a relationship with someone else and Josy knows about it.

You said that the problem I raised applies to other girls... Mention me a girl who, upon learning that the MC is in a relationship, tries to seduce him by wearing lingerie or in any other way. Give me just one. Only one.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The situation with his wife and her infertility, adopted kids he didn't want,because he want his own. The boss who fired him because Stephen didn't want to break the law. And most importantly, why did he end up seeing a psychotherapist? Because there is no one to talk to. Jade doesn't even want to talk to him. Jade generally prefers not to talk when something happens because she doesn’t want it - she prefers to scream and push on people.
Remember all the scenes where Stephen and Jade were shown. It was Jade who acted aggressively.
It was Jade who yelled at MC and said that she would fail him because he rejected her advances.
And her reaction to the breakup was as aggressive as possible, although there was no need for this - this is nothing more than an affair and fun for a student who decided to try with a mature woman, as for her, to take revenge on her husband and get good sex. It can't even be called a "breakup." Just like Jade's behavior in this situation is "mature". It is not difficult to conclude that Jade's personality is extremely toxic.
That doesn't make Jade a bully. When they found out she couldn't have children, what did he do. He distanced himself, by throwin himself into his work. Did he try to comfort her? No. He even told the therapist that he didn't know what to do, so he hid in his work. So, she is the product of what he did to her. Or should I say, of what he didn't do.
Both Jade and Stephen are products of their counterparts. Jade rarely let Stephen speak, and Stephen couldn't get his way. He preferred to take refuge in work. There probably never was any real communication between the two. The marriage was doomed to fail from the start.

Lots of money and children (whether adopted or biological) cannot save a relationship if there is no proper communication between the partners.

Stephen actually recognizes in his flashback what Jill said to the MC. Money alone doesn't make you happy, so you can't buy everything. Stephen recognizes that there needs to be goals in life that a person can work towards. He lived for years without any real purpose in his life. Jade had one goal, the children, but Stephen never felt a connection to her with Tybalt or Sage.

You can't automatically blame just Jade or Stephen because they're both at fault.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Oh by the way I forgot to mention. I find interesting characters from all parts of the college, meaning all frats and even some dorm people. Wouldn't it be nice conclusion to the game that it was not about being terriotiral in the end, but having a great college experience overall. Wouldn't it be great to make friends from all places in the end. I can picture a nice reuinon many years after graduation with the characters you kept good relations with in the end, would make one hell of an ending in my opinion. I think my most surprising liking to someone outside love interests or DIKs was Anthony. I am rooting for that guy, hope he has it allright in the end.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
she expects MC to lie but doesn't think it's possible for Tybalt to do so. come on, it clearly doesn't make sense....

if Jill doubted Tybalt's words, I don't think so, she should have checked first and voluntarily not when she randomly gets a chance to do so.

I only have to see how well Trent's appearance was taken care of (bald like the MCs from the games of 5-6 years ago) to make me think that it is a scene added for fan service and not part of any character evolution
She don't expect MC to lie, it's just all the evidence was against him. He invaded the house during Hell Week, he 'started' the sprinkles and maybe even punched Tybalt's face.

Plus, from everything Jill knew about MC, he is very reckless. He got into fights, he could've pranked Tybalt's presentation and he did that thing with fat fuck Ida on sweeper.

It adds up, but she's not angry at MC for any of the things he did or she think he did. She's more disappointed than anything, especially if you stole her money, this just shows that Jill trusts MC and is not judgemental of who he is even if he did bad things. It's different from her treatment of Tybalt and even Chad when she confronted him as a witness to his fight against MC.

Plus, Tybalt accused him beforehand and just as i said, Jill was completely obtuse as to why would people lie to her. So when MC tells her Tybalt lied, she doubts it but knows it's the truth, hence her dialogue with Trent.

Last edited:
Reactions: c0gnomen

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
I have to disagree about Jill. If you re-watch the scene where she confronts the MC about the pictures she saw on the bulletin board, she was curious about the pictures showing them in burglar ski masks pissing on Tybalt's bed. She was told by her long time friend Tybalt that there was a break in and they stole a bunch of stuff from the mansion. MC said no we only took the deer head to prank the preps. We didn't steal her panties. We saw Tybalt with them in his hands sniffing them when we were found out. In my run I didn't steal any money from her room so my MC was not lying. Later she thanked Trent for not pressing charges against her friend for starting a fire on the night of the party. That is when she found out Tybalt had been lying to her all along.

She was just taking the word of a person she thought she could trust (Tybalt) since she has known him for much longer than the MC.
She clearly stated to Trent that she expected Tybalt to be lying abour him. She went to Trent to just confirm and instigate an argument against Tybalt, she needs to do this by the book since that's who Jill is.

She won't go and confront Tybalt directly even if she already expected him to be lying but had no proof of it. She had proof of MC being in Hell Week party and his confirmation that he invade the house to prank Tybalt. And that's also the reason she asked MC for his version of the events after seeing the photos and when he stated that he didn't do anything, Jill doubts it but already suspect Tybalt to be lying and that's why she goes to Trent. She had no reason to go to Trent if she didn't think Tybalt was lying, so you saying that Jill went to talk to Trent to thank him just don't add up to the facts... if that was the reason she would have thanked Trent way back.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
The problem I raised was Josy (being taken) trying to seduce an MC who recently started a relationship with someone else and Josy knows about it.

You said that the problem I raised applies to other girls... Mention me a girl who, upon learning that the MC is in a relationship, tries to seduce him by wearing lingerie or in any other way. Give me just one. Only one.
Ok you guys are making this whole Josy thing way bigger than it is. Its pretty simple really. She is in love. People do crazy shit when they in love. She have this constant struggle of wanting something and fighting the urge to act on it because its not the right thing to do. Putting on lingerie is hardly that bad. And she does not act on it either.

Also why does everyone give her so much shit. But not one person is calling Maya out with her short dress coming to watch movies. Where she clearly do much worse than Josy. Josy put on lingerie. Maya put on short skirt with knee high socks. That she admit she does for the MC because he likes it. Josy does not let you touch her. Maya ask you to touch her. And then there is the whole whisper in the ear thing. That is clearly sexual aswell. In the end of the day people are reading to much into this.

My feeling on both these scenes are simple. Its clearly there just to sow the seeds for solo path with either of them.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
She clearly stated to Trent that she expected Tybalt to be lying abour him. She went to Trent to just confirm and instigate an argument against Tybalt, she needs to do this by the book since that's who Jill is.

She won't go and confront Tybalt directly even if she already expected him to be lying but had no proof of it. She had proof of MC being in Hell Week party and his confirmation that he invade the house to prank Tybalt. And that's also the reason she asked MC for his version of the events after seeing the photos and when he stated that he didn't do anything, Jill doubts it but already suspect Tybalt to be lying and that's why she goes to Trent. She had no reason to go to Trent if she didn't think Tybalt was lying, so you saying that Jill went to talk to Trent to thank him just don't add up to the facts... if that was the reason she would have thanked Trent way back.
No no its clear she is not very bright. Its clear she still rather believe Tybald than MC even after everything. She did not go to Trent. She ran into him. She was not investigating anything. She went down there for another reason. It is clearly in the dialogue. The only time she believes the MC is when you are on her actual route.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

Each girl fights with her own weapons.

Jill replays the hurt act as soon as she finds out JM is with the MC. When Sage correctly realized that Josy and Maya were with the MC, she got that "fuck me stud" look and retaliated with a cock cluck at the MC. Becky wasn't exactly subtle when she spoke to Josy, Maya and the MC in the library. Zoey stops responding to the MC at the end of EP10. Elena writes a text message with a heart symbol.

That's what I remember in a nutshell.

Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
She clearly stated to Trent that she expected Tybalt to be lying abour him.
You are right. I'm going to post Jill's dialogue which proves that Jill wasn't thanking Trent but rather fishing for information about a possible lie by Tybalt.

Jill "And I ran into Trent."
MC "I don't know who that is."
Jill "It's one of Tybalt's closest friends. I'm sure you've seen him."
Jill "Anyway, I recalled something that Tybalt told me, back when he blamed you for causing a fire in our mansion."
Jill "It involved Trent, and it wasn't flattering, so I asked him about it."
Jill "It turns out, Tybalt was lying once again and used Trent in his lies. Trent didn't like that very much."

Ok you guys are making this whole Josy thing way bigger than it is. Its pretty simple really. She is in love. People do crazy shit when they in love. She have this constant struggle of wanting something and fighting the urge to act on it because its not the right thing to do. Putting on lingerie is hardly that bad. And she does not act on it either.
Easy, tiger...

I asked dalli_x to tell me which girl tried to seduce the MC after finding out he was in a relationship and that's it. You mentioned Maya and I agree it was indeed flirting, but not nearly as similar or vulgar as Josy's. There's no reason for us to cause a big fight over this.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
The situation with his wife and her infertility, adopted kids he didn't want,because he want his own. The boss who fired him because Stephen didn't want to break the law. And most importantly, why did he end up seeing a psychotherapist? Because there is no one to talk to. Jade doesn't even want to talk to him. Jade generally prefers not to talk when something happens because she doesn’t want it - she prefers to scream and push on people.
Remember all the scenes where Stephen and Jade were shown. It was Jade who acted aggressively.
It was Jade who yelled at MC and said that she would fail him because he rejected her advances.
And her reaction to the breakup was as aggressive as possible, although there was no need for this - this is nothing more than an affair and fun for a student who decided to try with a mature woman, as for her, to take revenge on her husband and get good sex. It can't even be called a "breakup." Just like Jade's behavior in this situation is "mature". It is not difficult to conclude that Jade's personality is extremely toxic.

:HideThePain:

I've long hoped that Josy would get her own personal story arc and character development, but no. She's still tied to Maya's story and it's probably too late. DPC has given each character a personal arc and is doing a long-term play with it, we have about ~6 episodes left. It’s unlikely that he’ll cram anything in, there’s not to much episodes left.
I honestly lost all my interest in Jade after the way she reacted to MC's dumping her. It was the most imature and pathetic reaction i've seen so far in the game.
I already didn't like her because of the dismissive way she treats MC if he's not on her route. She don't even bother to act professional, it just shows how pathetic she is deep down. Having Cathy act normally and even friendly with MC even if he didn't want to have sex with just shows Jade in an even worse light.

I honestly just fuck her because she's hot and to have the shit hit the fan on her life when Stephen discover she fucked a student, i'm happy he confronted her on it in this ep. It bothers me that doing so will probably hurt Sage big deal, but that's as far as my concerns for the Burkes go.

As for Josy, having her path tied to Maya just don't help her. Would she be more interesting without it? Sure. Would it change the way i see her? Probably not.
Most of her negatives are not connected to Maya, they are mostly because of her passive-agressive and jealous behaviour towards MC.
But i can see potential, plus, in my mind, DPC can easily go for another season with the content we currently have... so we possibly have way more time to develop Josy than we initially thought.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Do you guys think we will ever get to read Quinn's thoughts? If yes after what milestone event into the main story, or her 'romantic' route do you think it could happen? :unsure:

EDIT: I was thinking just now that the closest thing we got to an introspection on how Quinn thinks was in ep 9 after the dad chess flashback, where my initial impression was that she decides against following his advice and shows some progress by apologizing to Tommy, or was she? Now I'm not so sure she was being genuine, the dad said keep them at arms length :cautious:

Last edited:

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
No no its clear she is not very bright. Its clear she still rather believe Tybald than MC even after everything. She did not go to Trent. She ran into him. She was not investigating anything. She went down there for another reason. It is clearly in the dialogue. The only time she believes the MC is when you are on her actual route.
I honestly don't know how you can get this from the same scene i watched. So i will assume you are trolling or fishing for an argument.

• Haha
Reactions: saynotoNTR
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes