ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I love this mental defence that if it's mc's fault you can say it but if it's a girl you have to make an excuse. Zoey what has she come back to? What did she realise from her trip to San Diego?

But did you see the look on Zoey's face at the end of the story? Did you want her to escape into the woods first? It's Zoey who should be telling mc what she understood, not keep asking how much he missed her
How is this "making an excuse"? This is what actually happens in the game:
Python:
mc "You weren't just my friend. You were my girlfriend."
mc "And looking at you today, I know that deep down...you were my first love."
zo "..."
mc "If I had said that... Would you have stayed?"
zo "..."
mc "You know what? Don't answer..."
if ep9_mad_at_zoey:
    if ep10_shroom_choice == "DIK":
        mc "This is too much for me... I gotta do something else or I'll ruin this night even further."
    elif True:
        mc "This is too much for me... I gotta do something else or I'll ruin this night."
elif True:
    mc "We shouldn't have done this tonight... You were right to cut me off last time."
    mc "Sorry, but this is too much for me... I gotta do something else or I'll ruin this night."
MC stops Zoey from giving him an answer and then runs away from her. He, from her. Not the other way around. And Zoey isn't "asking how much MC missed her" but trying to address the elephant in the room, which is what they haven't said during their parting a year ago. In fact, i don't think i remember her ever asking MC "how much he missed her". Where did you get that from?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
How is this "making an excuse"? This is what actually happens in the game:
Python:
mc "You weren't just my friend. You were my girlfriend."
mc "And looking at you today, I know that deep down...you were my first love."
zo "..."
mc "If I had said that... Would you have stayed?"
zo "..."
mc "You know what? Don't answer..."
if ep9_mad_at_zoey:
    if ep10_shroom_choice == "DIK":
        mc "This is too much for me... I gotta do something else or I'll ruin this night even further."
    elif True:
        mc "This is too much for me... I gotta do something else or I'll ruin this night."
elif True:
    mc "We shouldn't have done this tonight... You were right to cut me off last time."
    mc "Sorry, but this is too much for me... I gotta do something else or I'll ruin this night."
MC stops Zoey from giving him an answer and then runs away from her. He, from her. Not the other way around. And Zoey isn't "asking how much MC missed her" but trying to address the elephant in the room, which is what they haven't said during their parting a year ago. In fact, i don't think i remember her ever asking MC "how much he missed her". Where did you get that from?
"..." would be an answer? Zoey had no desire to answer

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Oh no! She came back to see her best friend and ex, and wants to spend time with him, but her feelings are coming to the surface... what a terrible person! Shame!

If people are upset at Zoey for this it sounds like a them problem. The writing for Zoey has been really good thus far, and that's the whole point of her scenes so far is to cause tension. Her being back isn't going to ruin relationships (unless you want it to, via your own choices), it will certainly cause some drama, probably more on certain paths compared to others. However, she hasn't done anything inherently wrong thus far, and her character is serving it's purpose.

I guess if people choose to be upset over that, and dislike the character and/or blame DPC for this... well how about instead just be glad that we are getting this instead of Acting Lessons 2.0.

;)

*edit* I guess people just want zero drama in a game that has been pretty drama heavy, and just want boring plotlines... beats me.
There are like 3-4 guys here who are pissed everytime when LI's im badik express feelings towards the mc while they dont like the LI/it doesnt fit their fanfition romance, being afraid zoey or josy could damage their holy relationship with their chosen li, its hilarious.

And its entirely unnessecary, its pretty clear that it will be the players decision if anything happens with them while being in a relationship (or we didnt even get the possibility like in ep10) but its entirely unacceptable when these girls show some kind of emotions lol.

Like at first they hated zoey because she didnt give enough of a fuck about the mc, now they hate her because she gives too much of a fuck about the mc.

Imo even if you dont have any interrest in the a zoey-path, her inclusion is good story-telling and a possibility for the mc to get closure.

And who the fuck wants to know about his first love and girlfriend banging some buddy of yours? Even if you dont want to be with her again, i wouldnt want anything like that to happen.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
On the "other route" we know which girls are currently available... But no one talks about this girl because she has a solo route...
But this conversation happened (if you don't choose him), and maybe in 2-3 episodes DPC will make it happen... :unsure:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah... I felt like the MC realized that: Either Zoey didn't know the answer or Zoey didn't care because she was going to San Diego anyway. That's why he lost his patience, got up and left.
I feel like MC got scared because Zoey didn't go immediately "oh, i'd totally have stayed, i loved you too (and still do), uwu" and so he ran away from the possibility that she'd answer "no, i probably still would've gone".

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I have already pointed out the following a few times in the past.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Josy made it sound like that's because she doesn't like to spend time with her mom Iris and she doesn't like Clive her mom new guy. Like Maya I think Josy endure some kind of abuse when she was younger maybe when she was older too perhaps face bullying as well, it would account for her internal conflict and would help explain how Josy and Maya happen

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
In general, nobody likes ex-girlfriends. Everyone has bad memories. Then the developers throw them into the mix in the middle of the story which doesn't help them. For me Zoey had a good start, however it's 2 times that she talks to mc and still hasn't said anything at all, leaving only mc to open up, thus creating 2 more pathetic moments. Very disappointing her role in this chapter, perhaps the worst of all
I can't disagree. But then we have her scene where she realized that she loved the MC and it broke her. That was the scene where she ran off and cried.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Imo even if you dont have any interrest in the a zoey-path, her inclusion is good story-telling and a possibility for the mc to get closure.
No because she was an afterthought for 8 episode. In acting lesson, you start the Game with a Damaged MC wounded by his EX . In badik, Zoey was nothing but a brief flashback, overall, she had zero affect on MC for 8 episode.

and when the players finally had the chance to get the chosen love interest, dpc instead of continue the story give us a useless episode about an Ex-girlfriend, whos whole story during San-diego could have been and btw it was, dealt with in one conversation on the bench between MC and Zoey.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Yeah... I felt like the MC realized that: Either Zoey didn't know the answer or Zoey didn't care because she was going to San Diego anyway. That's why he lost his patience, got up and left.
Come on, thats not what happened at all. Its was obvious how he completly caught her off guard with his very emotional and open words.

A guy she has feelings for and was her first love while they never had a defined relationship telling her that she was his first love and he did considered her his future is fucking overwhelming.

The last time she was in a situation like that with the mc (at the train station) he behaved like a little whiny bitch not being able to speak his mind and now he's casually saying something like that. He kinda said: If you would have stayed, i would have married you and we would have shared our lives together.

Thats not something easygoing, has a lot of meaning and is deeply emotional. Its obvious that she would have stayed seeing her reaction, it was like a revelation for her.

And the mc didnt lost his patience, he got (too) emotional which could have ruined the party for him and therefore did cut the conversation off.

Last edited:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Come on, thats not what happened at all. Its was obvious how he completly caught her off guard with his very emotional and open words.
And the mc didnt lost his patience, he got (too) emotional which could have ruined the party for him and therefore did cut the conversation off.
Would Zoey give up on going to San Diego if the MC said he was in love with her? Because from what was shown, Zoey only realized that she was in love (and still is) with the MC only at the end of episode 10.

Zoey herself at Interlude said that she didn't like talking about feelings and that the MC was a bit of a softie. I don't think Zoey would give up on going to San Diego because the MC declared himself to her.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
But these are all things that only we players know. Which adds to the frustration
Exactly. But most seem to think that Zoey is irredeemable. I don't. When she left the MC, she couldn't see the big picture. All she saw was the little one. Keeping her promise to her grandma. Now, she's reflecting back and seeing the impact of that.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
No because she was an afterthought for 8 episode. In acting lesson, you start the Game with a Damaged MC wounded by his EX . In badik, Zoey was nothing but a brief flashback, overall, she had zero affect on MC for 8 episode.

and when the players finally had the chance to get the chosen love interest, dpc instead of continue the story give us a useless episode about an Ex-girlfriend, whos whole story during San-diego could have been and btw it was, dealt with in one conversation on the bench between MC and Zoey.
It doesnt have to be the highest level of drama like with ana in al. It would be lame if the mc would be really damaged about zoey's depature, but it was one of his bigger life-experiences.

And in his talks with maya and bella early in the avn and during his talk with sage in the rain after the chad breakup it was made clear that he didnt got the closure he needed. And now we have the possibility for that and (probably) can even decide how we feel about her actions ourself (like being mad).

And i think its a great tool to show the mc's character development kinda through zoey's eyes, he grew so much since the last time they saw each other. A timid boy turned into a confident leader who isnt afraid to speak his mind or being rejected, being able to show a new level of maturity.

And she was like a tool to show us (a little bit) more of mc's earlier life, it is still kinda strange that he dont seem to have any friends before college or any other personal connections, so she helped fleshing him out a bit.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes