Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
another mystery of the DPC mind

why does MC with affinity DIK have to be a bad chemistry student? what's that got to do with it? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I think DIK represents the lower nature of man. Dominance, power, hedonistic behavior, and ego. Not an intellectual, but more of a self-serving alpha beast.

CHIK represents the higher nature of man. The greater good. Putting your ego aside to de-escalate conflict, avoiding fights. Seeking a woman for love, rather than an egocentric conquest. More of an intellectual.

• Angry
Reactions: Igor_Bielobereg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think DIK represents the lower nature of man. Dominance, power, hedonistic behavior, and ego. Not an intellectual, but more of a self-serving alpha beast.

CHIK represents the higher nature of man. The greater good. Putting your ego aside to de-escalate conflict, avoiding fights. Seeking a woman for love, rather than an egocentric conquest. More of an intellectual.
affinity represents whatever DPC wants from time to time

but until now it has always been a kind of fame, a reputation that people around MC have of him. i don't understand the 'narrative' sense of its influence on the chemistry class.

Does an MC DIK to be a bad student so that the eventual relationship with Nora is affected? because I don't think it creates "replayability"

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020

but until now it has always been a kind of fame, a reputation that people around MC have of him. i don't understand the 'narrative' sense of its influence on the chemistry class.

Does an MC DIK to be a bad student so that the eventual relationship with Nora is affected? because I don't think it creates "replayability"
With minigames on, you can circumvent that by doing well on the tests. With them off, I believe DIK actions render lesser results than CHIK. I haven't confirmed that though. I usually play with minigames on.

When you help that student as a DIK with minigames off, does Cathy say the solution is good?

Was taking the VIP pass with minigames off the sole cause for Rusty selling his car? Or did DIK actions or status contribute to that too?

Also CHIK/DIK doesn't only affect influence, but also the MC's behavior. The type of person he's growing to be. What personality profile is more likely to take studying and classes seriously, a CHIK or a DIK? Definitely CHIK.

I feel like DPC is fairly consistent with what CHIK and DIK represent.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
screenshot0487.png
Since Sage should know about this type of lore, can this still be used in a 'The nerds want revenge on the DIKS because they used to live in the mansion before Rusty's daddy bought it' ? Or too weak of a villain origin story? Maybe the dad used his influence to screw them out of it? :unsure:

Reactions: dalli_x

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
But memes aside, if that was it for Riona I will fucking hate it, but it will be effective writing, the romance with her was barely starting, the Orgasm quest was never completed, her demise will be mostly caused by another person' stupidity. Its tragic :cry: Way more effective than the house fire, imo.
I'm way more worried for Quinn than for Rio. DPRRC has been extremely unsubtle with the death motifs surrounding Quinn, and Rio's kidnapping may be just the thing to trigger Quinn's long-dormant conscience and lead her into a fatal trap.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cervixpunch

Feb 10, 2019
rather than an egocentric conquest
While a DIK can make some more assertive, selfish or wild choices that doesn't remotely feel like the MC on any affinity tbh. Wanting to give money to Maya or Quinn. Lifting heads taking the lead and putting the work in after the mansion was wrecked. Repeatedly studies. Makes a decision on a single girl or to be single rather than risk going on and hurting someone. Wants to be emotionally open and engaged with Sage and Quinn as a DIK he doesn't see either as a conquest its clear both paths leading to love.

I agree. It'd be like a CHICK been bad or not applying himself during a sport. We've seen the MC go study multiple times it's not as if he's like Derek. He takes college seriously no reason he'd be different in chemistry than he is with Bella, Cathy or even Jade's classes.

I think this started with DPC making cheating a DIK thing which never made much sense. People cheat due to pressure and fear of failure so "will pass" beats "will probably pass", even intelligent and mature students can fall into that trap.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I'm way more worried for Quinn than for Rio. DPRRC has been extremely unsubtle with the death motifs surrounding Quinn, and Rio's kidnapping may be just the thing to trigger Quinn's long-dormant conscience and lead her into a fatal trap.
The Reaper' Scythe in front of Quinn on the roof at the party was pretty on the nose :cautious:

It is the most likely scenario, but I still hold hope for a at the very least a bittersweet ending on her route. Even if bittersweet means both running from the law :Kappa:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
With minigames on, you can circumvent that by doing well on the tests. With them off, I believe DIK actions render lesser results than CHIK. I haven't confirmed that though. I usually play with minigames on.

When you help that student as a DIK with minigames off, does Cathy say the solution is good?

Was taking the VIP pass with minigames off the sole cause for Rusty selling his car? Or did DIK actions or status contribute to that too?

Also CHIK/DIK doesn't only affect influence, but also the MC's behavior. The type of person he's growing to be. What personality profile is more likely to take studying and classes seriously, a CHIK or a DIK? Definitely CHIK.

I feel like DPC is fairly consistent with what CHIK and DIK represent.
in order to complete the repairs at the DIKs' headquarters, it only counts to have refused the VIP Pass and to have a minimum of relationship points with the DIKs (not the normal DIK points, just the relationship points). therefore, as many MC DIKs as MC CHICKs can fail

and it not even has any effect on the help of the student

how can it be consistent if there are minigames to pass the courses? so playing with minigames would distort the story?

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
While a DIK can make some more assertive, selfish or wild choices that doesn't remotely feel like the MC on any affinity tbh. Wanting to give money to Maya or Quinn. Lifting heads taking the lead and putting the work in after the mansion was wrecked. Repeatedly studies. Makes a decision on a single girl or to be single rather than risk going on and hurting someone. Wants to be emotionally open and engaged with Sage and Quinn as a DIK he doesn't see either as a conquest its clear both paths leading to love.

I agree. It'd be like a CHICK been bad or not applying himself during a sport. We've seen the MC go study multiple times it's not as if he's like Derek. He takes college seriously no reason he'd be different in chemistry than he is with Bella, Cathy or even Jade's classes.

I think this started with DPC making cheating a DIK thing which never made much sense. People cheat due to pressure and fear of failure so "will pass" beats "will probably pass", even intelligent and mature students can fall into that trap.
In its extreme, DIK isn't looking for love. Definitely more lustful. If you choose all DIK choices, you get a lot of tc points (cheating/temptation points) in Episode 9/10.

Of course, I'm talking about extremes of either. You can certainly play a more balanced character, than being 100% of either.

Last edited:

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
in order to complete the repairs at the DIKs' headquarters, it only counts to have refused the VIP Pass and to have a minimum of relationship points with the DIKs (not the normal DIK points, just the relationship points). therefore, as many MC DIKs as MC CHICKs can fail

and it not even has any effect on the help of the student

how can it be consistent if there are minigames to pass the courses? so playing with minigames would distort the story?
If you choose every DIK choice, you cheat on your exams. The morality of CHIK vs DIK actions is consistent.

Minigames are outside of the narrative. It's a game within the game. DPC can't control the narrative there. I was just pondering if it defaulted to a certain behavior when minigames are off, since I don't play that way. Thanks for info in that regard.

kaas420

Feb 29, 2020
there are like 30 different paths now , so i have to play episode 9 20 times again ? doesnt someone have save files for every girl please

TittyHeaven

Jan 20, 2023
Ok, yeah, in those pictures it seems to be even worse also. I guess the idea is that they're sort of polished with something but lightning or something mess it up. The result is quite bad, specially for feet. The hands one was a bit less obvious (when I saw it I thought it was maybe going too much into detail). But feet...
I think it's meant to be nail polish wearing off but it doesn't look right. I'm going to put it down to either DPC not been a girl or DAZ not having a way to show it easily so he went with that.

It could also be stains from overuse but I don't think she always has nails like that but haven't ever looked too close honestly, also why the fuck would he want that? Realism no one wants so doubt it's that.

Edit:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If you choose every DIK choice, you cheat on your exams. The morality of CHIK vs DIK actions is consistent.

Minigames are outside of the narrative. It's a game within the game. DPC can't control the narrative there. I was just pondering if it defaulted to a certain behavior when minigames are off, since I don't play that way. Thanks for info in that regard.
you looked for two precursors to prove your idea and they do not

minigames influence the narrative of the game so they cannot be considered external. DPC would be a fool to make those who play minigames (which in theory should be the way he would want people to play it) have a distorted narrative

you've chosen an extreme example that proves no consistency. having a DIK affinity doesn't mean you took all the DIK major choices and it doesn't mean you decided to cheat on exams.

this is the first time affinity has worked this way, in retrospect we will see if it makes sense, for now it remains an oddity

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
you looked for two precursors to prove your idea and they do not

minigames influence the narrative of the game so they cannot be considered external. DPC would be a fool to make those who play minigames (which in theory should be the way he would want people to play it) have a distorted narrative

you've chosen an extreme example that proves no consistency. having a DIK affinity doesn't mean you took all the DIK major choices and it doesn't mean you decided to cheat on exams.

this is the first time affinity has worked this way, in retrospect we will see if it makes sense, for now it remains an oddity
DPC can't control whether we ace a test or fail it. Trying to make a minigame score match a CHIK or DIK outcome is out of his control, since it's player determent. He cannot control the narrative there, minigames determine the outcome. That's the point I'm making.

I'm distinguishing between DPC influencing the narrative and winning minigames. CHIK and DIK are absolutely consistent narratively, when DPC has control.

It's clear what each means. Sure, you don't have to go to either extreme.

Narratively, a pure DIK would cheat on his exams. Minigames-wise, it's how the player performs.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Raphael77

Aug 14, 2017
another mystery of the DPC mind

why does MC with affinity DIK have to be a bad chemistry student? what's that got to do with it? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Really? Did I understood right, the game forces you to fail the chemistry course if your MC has a DIK affinity? I always play Neutral.. Or is it (only) if you play with minigames turned Off?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes