jackjack5854

Jul 27, 2018
The way Ep 10 goes makes me think there are stuffs that won't match what we think, and the story will go in a different direction from what we expect.

The theory that Jill's family knows Lynette and that will somehow matter to the main story. Amelia hears Neil's name and the meeting goes on as if nothing happens. Also, this meeting will only happen on Jill's path too. For something so close & important to MC's story this detail seems too path-specific. My guess is that with this, DPC debunks a lot of theories about Lynette's association with the Royce family. They just probably don't know her.

Theories about why James left. Bella opens up to MC in Ep 10 about her past, but only if MC follows her path too. Therefore I don't think her story will be woven into the main story. James coming back will definitely matter a lot to Bella & MC, but it definitely won't make things as dire and horrifying as we think. Coupled with Riona kidnapped, and Patrick being a controlling asshole, there's no reason to make James another dangerous villain.

For the story to reveal these kinds of details only on path-specific plays, and force Maya's story down the player's throat, with the whole gang showing up like the Avengers, I think DPC is veering away from dropping every backstory and tragedy on the player's head, mainly because there's nothing too important about them in the first place, and also it takes away the gravity of the main drama which is Maya. I have not chosen Maya in any run ever, and this new episode fully convinces me to never do so. The writing is excellent, but I just don't like her.

Reactions: Educifer

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I am finally doing my Sage run from the start, ep 5: 'I haven't checked swyper in a while' que free roam where you have the possibility to progress your swyper relationships, if only ep9 took the effort to do the same, instead you are dropped into free roams with no fucking dialogue, or visual hint what to do next without actually checking the Task app in your phone. I think the only visual hint in the entire episode of something the player should check is Maya and Sage going into the theater room, maybe Quinn ripping Saly's dress and Becky getting splashed, but we are really pushing it here, since we only see them running, but not the room where we should search for them...

EP9 also has the stupid design where you are dropped in the room where you started the cutscene, instead of the room you finished the cutscene, there is no explanation why the MC is back in Jamie's Garden Room after the Costume Contest, he just went back there alone to do what? :FacePalm:

God, I fucking hate ep9 and I am not even there yet :mad::mad:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I completed another run, that of Sage having had a relationship with Jade.

I expected there to be a few more elements at the end a reference in the dialogue to the first date and a few other minor changes in the dialogue.

i was particularly impressed by the dialogue during the dinner date. a lot of important and meaningful things are said. it's a pity though that the reaction of the 2 characters is completely anaffective.
Sage quietly tells her boyfriend that after graduation she could end up anywhere and that it's hard to maintain relationships even if she stays in the area (then she adds that she wants to hold on to some people but no direct reference to MC). and similarly MC seems to be in no way touched by what Sage is telling. really two anaffective ones....

the scene where they chat in bed cuddling, although MC is a bit forced, is much more successful and warm, there they really interact.

I feel like a missed opportunity

I still miss Nicole's run (which looks promising so I kept her in the back) and Lily's run (which I'm only interested in for bullying Derek)

Really? Did I understood right, the game forces you to fail the chemistry course if your MC has a DIK affinity? I always play Neutral.. Or is it (only) if you play with minigames turned Off?
with mingames active depends on what you are up to while playing, if you win you pass.

Reactions: Raphael77

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am finally doing my Sage run from the start, ep 5: 'I haven't checked swyper in a while' que free roam where you have the possibility to progress your swyper relationships, if only ep9 took the effort to do the same, instead you are dropped into free roams with no fucking dialogue, or visual hint what to do next without actually checking the Task app in your phone. I think the only visual hint in the entire episode of something the player should check is Maya and Sage going into the theater room, maybe Quinn ripping Saly's dress and Becky getting splashed, but we are really pushing it here, since we only see them running, but not the room where we should search for them...

EP9 also has the stupid design where you are dropped in the room where you started the cutscene, instead of the room you finished the cutscene, there is no explanation why the MC is back in Jamie's Garden Room after the Costume Contest, he just went back there alone to do what? :FacePalm:

God, I fucking hate ep9 and I am not even there yet :mad::mad:
Dude I totally agree with you.
Honestly, I hate nearly every free roam section in the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The way Ep 10 goes makes me think there are stuffs that won't match what we think, and the story will go in a different direction from what we expect.

The theory that Jill's family knows Lynette and that will somehow matter to the main story. Amelia hears Neil's name and the meeting goes on as if nothing happens. Also, this meeting will only happen on Jill's path too. For something so close & important to MC's story this detail seems too path-specific. My guess is that with this, DPC debunks a lot of theories about Lynette's association with the Royce family. They just probably don't know her.

Theories about why James left. Bella opens up to MC in Ep 10 about her past, but only if MC follows her path too. Therefore I don't think her story will be woven into the main story. James coming back will definitely matter a lot to Bella & MC, but it definitely won't make things as dire and horrifying as we think. Coupled with Riona kidnapped, and Patrick being a controlling asshole, there's no reason to make James another dangerous villain.

For the story to reveal these kinds of details only on path-specific plays, and force Maya's story down the player's throat, with the whole gang showing up like the Avengers, I think DPC is veering away from dropping every backstory and tragedy on the player's head, mainly because there's nothing too important about them in the first place, and also it takes away the gravity of the main drama which is Maya. I have not chosen Maya in any run ever, and this new episode fully convinces me to never do so. The writing is excellent, but I just don't like her.
I think we can go on record as saying that the Royces did not know Lynette in any significant way.

they bought the house about the time MC was born (19 years earlier), so when Lynette was already gone, and the only mention was that the owners had rush to sell.

so it is likely that there is something important in the house somewhere abandoned. or nulal of nothing and it was just a red herring.

on the other hand, I don't know how to take Bella's two revelations. the one about problems with school regulations seems apparently a lie or at least a half-truth.

the one about James? is still extremely nebulous, it seems to be going in the direction of the soldier missing in battle, but not necessarily. assuming then that Bella is not crazy and not what she believes.

RedDragon69420

Nov 27, 2023
View attachment 3154067

Overview:
A young man from a low-income family moves away from his widowed father and his summer love to attend college at Burgmeister & Royce. As he is cast into freshman life and persuaded to join the up-and-coming fraternity Delta Iota Kappa, he'll be exposed to a new world filled with conflicts, alcohol, drugs and sex.
Thread Updated: 2023-12-16
Release Date: 2023-12-15
Developer: DrPinkCake - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.10.1
Language: English
Fan Art Thread: Here
Other game: Acting Lessons
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Trailer:

Vault Codes:

Transferring save files to Season 3
Please keep the conversation pertinent to Being a DIK.
Offtopic discussion of other unrelated games may result in an immediate thread ban without prior notice.
DOWNLOAD
Season 3 Interlude + Episode 10
Win/Linux
(v0.10.0): MEGA - - - MEGA2 - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac
(v0.10.0): - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

Win/Linux SPLIT(v0.10.0)
Patch (EP 9 to EP10 & v0.10.0 to v0.10.1)
Win/Linux
(EP 9/v0.10.0 to v0.10.1): - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac
(EP 9 to v0.10.0): - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - - -

Season 1 - 2
Extras:
Fan Sigs:
Use of the Multi Mods might cause save problems, use it at your own risk!
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 377599 View attachment 992059 View attachment 1645335 View attachment 2961129 View attachment 992057 View attachment 2322155 View attachment 522507 View attachment 522510 View attachment 2322149 View attachment 2322148 View attachment 992114 View attachment 522531 View attachment 992052 View attachment 2322156 View attachment 1645333 View attachment 1645351 View attachment 992056 View attachment 2736980
one of the best out there ngl. both the story and sex scenes are good!!

Gallion

Dec 8, 2017

I don't see why you get through the flashback story with Lynette by her diary in the main plot, if it's not to having a twist somehow whatever the branch you will be. The fact that Amelia not knowing Neil's full name doesn't mean she's a complete stranger to Lynette. We still don't know the last name of MC's mother and that's will have an importance in the future because in my opinion, it's gonna trigger something big soon, by at some point meeting Lynette's father (MC's grandfather) maybe.

Same for James, we got the intro of the episode 8 about him and Bella so I don't think it will be exclusive to her branch.
But the way of it's gonna be representated and/or the outcome would probably be different depending on it.
Like it's happening with the Burke for exemple in that last episode, we saw the story no matter what but we got some little changes if we did stuff with Jade or not.

Reactions: Educifer

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

The Royces don't know Lynette's family, but Bianca's family does. Geoff says that Bianca's father was the middleman in the sale of this mansion to Royce. Such houses cost a lot of money and are difficult to sell quickly, we know that Lynette's father had financial problems. Bianca's father helped sell the house at a reduced price; most likely he was a close friend/partner of Lynette's family.
In confirmation, here is this photo, the girl in the center, one of Lynette’s friends - Bianca’s mother.
20220914233331_1.jpg
That is, the closest link to MCs family is Bianca. But how this will work outside of Jill’s path is still unclear; MC and Bianca know each other, but not so closely. On Jill's path they can be considered friends, but otherwise they only have a couple of events and a few lines of dialogue so far. Although Bianca shows interest in MC in any case.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The Royces don't know Lynette's family, but Bianca's family does. Geoff says that Bianca's father was the middleman in the sale of this mansion to Royce. Such houses cost a lot of money and are difficult to sell quickly, we know that Lynette's father had financial problems. Bianca's father helped sell the house at a reduced price; most likely he was a close friend/partner of Lynette's family.
In confirmation, here is this photo, the girl in the center, one of Lynette’s friends - Bianca’s mother.
View attachment 3231946
That is, the closest link to MCs family is Bianca. But how this will work outside of Jill’s path is still unclear; MC and Bianca know each other, but not so closely. On Jill's path they can be considered friends, but otherwise they only have a couple of events and a few lines of dialogue so far. Although Bianca shows interest in MC in any case.
Why would she be Bianca's mother? :unsure:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Miranda? Because her looks are very similar and they wear the same necklace, its really obvious. The part about Bianca's father being buisness associate with Jill's father and the former owner (lynette's father) confirmed it even more
the resemblance proves nothing, otherwise we must assume that Neil is the father of Tommy, Derek, and John Boy.

we also saw the same pendant on a teacher in the BR

it may be, just as it may be that Melanie is Troy's sister

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Why would she be Bianca's mother? :unsure:
ep8_diary47.jpg ep8_jf53.jpg ep7_jade_school17.jpg
Facial features, I know you are used to devs using same-y faces, but I think this time is intended. Also Necklace, but there is no way DPC wants me to believe that gorgeous creature aged into this hag? Maybe the teacher is just a red herring, probably same family.

the resemblance proves nothing, otherwise we must assume that Neil is the father of Tommy, Derek, and John Boy.

we also saw the same pendant on a teacher in the BR

it may be, just as it may be that Melanie is Troy's sister
Jokes on you, I also think thats true. But maybe be not, since Sage had no idea who Troy is when you mention his name, doubt she would be oblivious of Melanie having family in school since they are what, 2 years in the sorority already?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes