jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
I guess you still haven't realised that working on BaDIK is his job and his source of income.

Whatever happens, you will NOT see faster development cycles BECAUSE faster development = less money into his pockets.

DrPinkCake quit his previous job to fully work on BaDIK (as he told in 2023 Q&A). Guess what happened after he quit ? development cycle raised from 6 months to 10-12 months.
Lol, not even a month after last episode and already getting the "he's robbing you blind" unhinged mutterings, because your claimed "evidence" of the 2023 Q&A details he quit his job before Being A DIK was started.

Completing Acting Lessons was very rewarding. Although my emotions at the time were a bit shaken up due to how some players received the final episodes, completing it verified that I could do this. It made me excited to continue my career as a game developer. Releasing Acting Lessons on Steam was like a dream come true; at that moment, it felt extra rewarding. I never thought I'd have a game on Steam; it was surreal.

After almost two years of working double to fund the development, it was amazing to quit my full-time job. There was finally a budget to include a salary for the first time. I still remember how I quit my old job and how scary it was to take the leap. Looking back at it today, I wish I could stand beside myself as I resigned. It would make me laugh, seeing how nervous I was, knowing how it would turn out after. (https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9987621)

Reactions: 19Castiel23

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
If I have to choose between Quinn and Riona it'll be the easiest choice since deciding what I wanted for dinner :LUL:
Not for some. There are a lot of people, whether they want to admit it or not, who like both of them. I'm only on Rio's path, but, it's still goin to fuck me up, if I have to make that decision.

Reactions: A360

DarkMage73

Aug 22, 2022
Not for some. There are a lot of people, whether they want to admit it or not, who like both of them. I'm only on Rio's path, but, it's still goin to fuck me up, if I have to make that decision.
If DPC pulls the same trick like he did in his last game, having us choose between 2 girls, who lives and who dies then to me the game is dead as i like both girls.

bZokko1

Feb 2, 2019
those not exist :LOL:, you either love them or hate them, or don't care about them at all, have you not been around here long enough?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

also, Neutrals, you know what they are :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 3233432
We pick and choice from the best options :whistle:
Such as in Mass Effect:
Being mostly paragon, but punch nagging journalist, send batarians in as fodder for the reapers and ice cold murder for the henchmen and other baddies....it was the way, always!

I always get to punch Vinny the room decorator, if you set it up just so.
However...
Considering you can romance all the girls as neutral...except Jill? I do wonder if we will get some neutral options neither DIK or betas get, some paths it might even lend itself for it, such as M&J or Quinn path.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
BTW
63 animations fully done is already around 19% of Ep 10’s 335 total animations, and the total of 85 animations posed (63 rendered) is 25% of that 335.
yeah well, iam too lazy to search for them myself... but maybe you want to check back for some DEV reports out of february or march 2023 for the development of episode 10... than you would see, those numbers arent that promising. DPC started out early for the last shedule with really good numbers (her called it kickstart or something like that) and they slowed down very much. Its fair to assume he kickstarted the development with some animations he already had prepared before he even released episode 10.

We are at a 12 months dev shedule, no doubt about it. Well... IF he will make episode 11 nearly as big as episode 10 was. Of course its still a possibility that the next episode will not be that big, but thats about the only way we will get an release for episode 11 earlier than 12 months from now.

I was blinded by the "kickstart" early on for episode 10 too. I thaught and said a long time that it might get out in august or september... yeah... a fool i was.

To make it a little more clear, he was able to finish about 1 animation per day in the last dev circle. I dont think that he was able to triple that in the last 2 weeks. So those animations were already in the queue before episode 10 was released. And we dont know how complex those are... if those animations are only short ones, those numbers means nothing.

There are some criteria DPC has to fulfill if the epsiode should come out earlier than the last one...

- no new "big" minigames, more or less only enhance the already established and maybe add only some really "mini" minigames
- not more animations than episode 10 had (not more than 335, preferable less)
- about the same number of static renders or less (so less than 6000)

if he can manage that, episode 11 could be released about 2-3 months eaerlier.

But DPC is the master of "going overboard" with those things. It would be a surprise if he could really "hold back" a little to get the episode out earlier. And with that i dont mean "playtime" its not that hard to get the same playtime like episode 10 had but decrease the overall development time significantly.

We already have those minigames, enhancing them will put a good amount of playtime without having to much work with them. DPC could put out fewer renders for the each scene if he would recycle more renders. Its nice to see a new render every click you make, but its not necessary, and most changes in those renders are not even noticed by most players. (like a slightly moved item or something like that) But the most important part are the animations... episode 10 had a ridiculous amount of pointless animations again just like episode 9. And that DPC is in "awe" for those 60 fps animations is just a little funny, cause the players were not that amazed... in fact, most didnt even notice a difference between 30 fps animations and 60 fps. Kinda ironic that the brawler minigame animations are only 30 fps, cause those are some of the better animations in this episode. Which is sad too cause they werent need anyway. (but how flawless MC kicks the sack is nice, and maybe even better than most lewd animations) But somebody did the math for it, and those 60 fps animations only took about 25% more time to render i think... so its bareable... IF dpc will keep the queue running non stop and will not make more than 300 animations again. But i doubt it.

Iam pretty sure we will get about the same numbers for renders and animations like we got in episode 10. And with the again increasing branching (now the others path is pretty much branched into... what? 5 new branches or more? and the maya plot got a branch too... not the only new branches though) i dont see that DPC will make the episode a little smaller.

And the DEV report prooved again. DPC is crazy about doing animations. its pretty much an obsession. So i think its obvious to say... we will get at least the same animation count with probably even more complex animations than we did in episode 9 and 10. Which will automatically lead to a 12 months shedule.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
If it takes him a week to change his pipeline and in return he gains months... yes? But I do hope it's indeed the posing process itself that takes him so much time (and the minigames).
No, its pretty much prooven that the animation rendering is the bottleneck, and the only one. DPC just poses animations if the queue is nearly empty, and is able to pose those pretty fast. His slaves are able to render about 1 animation per day, not much more. And thats not because he needs so much time to pose them, he does that in "advance" not on the fly. Everything else of the game he can do while the animations are rendering, and does it like that. The DEV reports show that too, he kinda write like that "this week iam posing animations to fil up the queue" next week "so this week iam writing and creating scenes with static renders while the animation queue is running" more or less the dev reports show this pattern over and over again... filling up the animations queue so it doesnt run out, than doing all the other stuff. The animation rendering pretty much sets the whole dev shedule.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Lol, not even a month after last episode and already getting the "he's robbing you blind" unhinged mutterings, because your claimed "evidence" of the 2023 Q&A details he quit his job before Being A DIK was started.
I've been following this thread and his works since Acting Lessons 0.1 release.

Just to let you know, I think BaDIK is F95's best VN.

Nonetheless, I think that no one ever felt the need of some convoluted minigames such as the mansion minigame, the party minigame, that annoying new math minigame and most animations.

Wanna release a huge fat update spending a lot of months and effort on it? fine, but just give me more story and less minigames and animations, for crying out loud. And no more Madame Rose, damn it!

Reactions: The Ninja

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Considering you can romance all the girls as neutral...except Jill? I do wonder if we will get some neutral options neither DIK or betas get, some paths it might even lend itself for it, such as M&J or Quinn path.
No problem to get a neutral path with Jill, like this its even possible to be kinda a "bad guy", on neutral you can decide to fight all the time or take drugs (not both though... fighting AND drugs are too much to stay neutral). Obviously... Jill doesnt like that, and she shows that. ON my neutral "experiment" path with her, my MC took the shrooms... and yeah, Jill doesnt like that one bit.

I have several neutral paths, and they are just pointless more or less. Sure its kinda interesting to make some "bad" choices in a relationship with Jill, Bella or M/J to see the reactions, but it always feels "off"

And if iam not wrong about it... but i dont think so cause i couldnt manage it in many attempts. Quinn is the ONLY one where you need a specific affinity to get closer to her. All the other girls, including side-girls are "dateable" with at least two different affinities... some are exluded if you are DIK or Chick, but always available as neutral... so at least two options. For Quinn you need DIK affinity or thats it.

Neutral doesnt rule out any "relationship" besides Quinn. At least i managed to get every other girl on neutral playthroughs, except Quinn.

But yeah... i dont play the neutral routes anymore i think. They just dont feel "right"... to me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: bZokko1
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes