Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
he has 4 rtx 4090s rigs already just for rendering. And they pretty much render non stop. Its just... for fucks sake its a renpy game. No need to go overboard with animations in the first place. The episodes 1-8 had animations just for lewd scenes (more or less, only very few other animations), never heard anyone complaining that they miss animations in other scenes. With the interlude that changed... there were only 2 lewd scenes, but so many other things were animated. And DPC loved it. Spinning wheels, spinning zoey on the chair... and so on. And than came episode 9... with animations all over the place nobody cared about but DPC. Lets say, between episode 1 and 8 the animation count goes like this: 90% for lewd scenes, 10% others. With Episode 9 it pretty much changed in favor for others, at least it felt this way, some people in this thread have figured out definite numbers. And of course the animations got way more complex with episode 9 too, the overall render quality inmproved too, so the render-time increased too. And most of the animations arent lewd animations anymore. Cause DPC is just obsessed with them.

Of course he could speed up everything by installing another 4 rigs for rendering. But he doesnt... And i dont think its a question about "costs" (well... in sweden his power bill must be extremely huge already, but it wouldnt matter if we look at his number on money he makes) No the reason behind it, is a more healthy work-shedule.

Before season 2, he powered through a DEV cycle. And if we can believe him, he had a job besides being a dik too. Right before the interlude he even made a statement that "something" has to change cause he was a little burned out.

My guess? He changed something... in favor for animations, cause making them is the thing he enjoys the most and its not THAT time consuming for him personally. Posing a animation might take him 1-2 hours, the slaves do the rest. Filling up the queue so the render-rigs can work nonstop take about 1 week with 6 hours a day. Which is nice healthy work-shedule. After posing a bunch animations he can stretch his legs a little and start working on other things he likes, but those things doesnt take that much time.

Many complain about the minigames and that they cost sooo much development time. They dont. The reports gave that away too, i remember a dev report where he "started" to make a minigame (i think it was the math thing) and 3 weeks later he said it was completley done, while he was doing a lot static renders and writing too. I can code myself a little, and most of the minigames arent that complex to do. With a good workflow most of the minigames can be done in a average of maybe 50 workhours... most way less (and DPC is faster than that anyways). So yeah, its just a "guess" and my experience in that regard isnt that big (i once coded a tetris kinda game, way back in the days with c++ which took me about 3 weeks during my school days, lets say 3 hours a day and it was my very first project like that) DPC is way better in coding than i am, and i think he can manage it easily to create something like me in a heart beat. So no the minigames are not dragging out the development.

Its his decision to make more animations and let the animation queue set the "work hours" for the rest of the game... he knows how many animations he can render per day (smart people figured out it is about 1 animation per day) so he can "plan" the work around the render queue. Speeding up the render queue would result in speeding up the rest of the development too, and he doesnt want that. And i say it clear... NOT BECAUSE he wants to "milk" anything. Thats not the reason, its just a healthier work shedule. Everyone in his right mind would rather work 6 hours a day instead of 8-9 or even more. And he worked way more hours a day before the interlude.

So yeah, i get it that he wanted to slow down everything a little bit, and that he wants to do more animations. Cause he love those animations and they kinda form the work shedule for the rest of the game too. But i think instead of "slowing" things a little bit down, he could easily scratch many things to get the same work-shedule but release the episode earlier... and nobody would even notice it. Like... use more the same render a little more often in dialogues, he could easily put out episode 10 with 4000 renders instead of nearly 6000 and nobody would have noticed it in the game. scratch 1 or 2 minigames too (like the fish) dont do so much unnecessary animations... and the whole episode would have been done 2 or 3 months earlier without putting more hours per day in it. And i would be fine with it.

Well... much text about nothing... being a dik is DPCs "baby" and he works on it like he wants... he is obsessed with animations and other stuff, we have to deal with it. DPC is by far NOT A MILKER, but of course he is dragging the dev shedule out about 30% more than before the interlude. And he uses this time to do more animations, which is a work his pc slaves are doing. Which makes his life a little "easier"... cant really blame him for that. But i can decide to not support his monthly work anymore. And that is what i have done. canceled the patreon membership (after the interlude and halfway during the development of episode 9) And now iam just paying once when the episode is released... so... i payed 10$ for episode 10 and thats it, nothing to complain about that here i think. If episode 10 would have been as dissapointing as episode 9 was (to me the weakest episode of the whole game, even the interlude was a little better but its not considered a full episode) i wouldnt pay again for episode 11, but episode 10 was pretty much one of the best episode so far, to me easily in the Top 3. Who accuses DPC to be a milker doesnt know what a milker is, and doesnt see that DPC still puts out more content in the same time than any other DEVs around here... and he does it solo. Most DEVs of the better games arent working alone and still cant reach the numbers DPC can. There is no way around that. But DPC could be way more efficient if he would stop to go overboard with so many unnecessary things... but thats DPC to you.
I'd definitely advise him that his next game shouldn't be a Ren'py one, given that the size of this thing is rivaling some 'actual' games now. Might as well just make one in Unreal or some such.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don't want to sound mean but sometimes I think the HOTS can be a bit slutty.
I would never try and tell them what to do but I think they should focus on trying to find a partner
Who loves & respects them and not waste their time with the arseholes who just want sex.

They deserve better than that.
I wish I could convince Quinn to close the restaurant its degrading to the girls.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I think the best thing is to bet on a release date for December, and, if the episode comes out before, then so much the better we will have a nice surprise!
Personally I think for September or October, but "who will live, will see"

In the meantime I'm trying to beat Elena's high score..Ahaha
View attachment 3237898
You didn't say what year;) hope your right

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekzou

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I would never try and tell them what to do but I think they should focus on trying to find a partner
Who loves & respects them and not waste their time with the arseholes who just want sex.

I wish I could convince Quinn to close the restaurant its degrading to the girls.
That's very hypocritical of you since you won't Areith a slut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92
Sep 26, 2023

screen_54.png

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
If you google slut it says a women with many sexual partners that's Arieth
While that is true.
I personally think the word slut should be erased from the universe.

But if she has to be a slut I want her to be my slut.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
He does not really have to give more info. We all know exactly what is happening to him just like the millions before him. People are pretty tired of hearing the same shit over and over again. So people tend to start ignoring posts like that. He should stop using crappy mods simple as that.
Man, I have no idea what people do to their modded games. My main save is a scrappy modded game from Steam, with the S2 save being used for the S3 game, which I also use the mod. Like, I had zero issues so far. I always wait for the mod to be updated before my first run through the new releases. I have no idea how people fuck up their modded games so bad.

Reactions: Rythan25

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
While that is true.
I personally think the word slut should be erased from the universe.

But if she has to be a slut I want her to be my slut.
You just can't help yourself can you next your going to want Madame, Lydia and Helen

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes