DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Seems to always be the case when people get success. He was actually pretty polite and friendly on F95 while making AL, used to comment mainly from a guest account or PMs from what I remember. Didn't come across as arrogant or a dick just excited and dead set on making what he wanted to make which aren't bad things.

Don't know if it was success, the reaction to AL's twist or both that made DPC like he is now.
“You're like every other asshole. You made a bit of money, and you became a turd.” - Trevor Philips (GTA V)

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Seems to always be the case when people get success. He was actually pretty polite and friendly on F95 while making AL, used to comment mainly from a guest account or PMs from what I remember. Didn't come across as arrogant or a dick just excited and dead set on making what he wanted to make which aren't bad things.

Don't know if it was success, the reaction to AL's twist or both that made DPC like he is now.
He could have been faking that persona the entire time. Then his true colours came out.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
He could have been faking that persona the entire time. Then his true colours came out.
He just made a deal with the Devil. :cautious:
The Devil promised him success, recognition, wealth. But with one condition...
Let's imagine how it could be...

Devil: - Okay, I'll give you all the bullshit you dream about. But nothing comes for free. You know.
DPC: - Ok, state your requirement.
Devil: - You will have to give up F95zone.
DPC: - Oh no, that's too much. You can't deprive me of this.
Devil: - But you have Dicord?
DPC: - No, only those who like to lick the ass deeper gather there. Despicable flatterers. Only on F95zone you can
get an unbiased opinion. There are brilliant guys there who give me a lot of ideas. I can't live without it.
Devil: -Okay, you can be on F95zone. Not officially, but under a pseudonym. Let's say - Dalli_X...
DPC: -Why Dalli_X?
Devil: -I don’t know... It’s just the first thing that came to mind.
DPC: -Hmmm... All this is alarming... But ok, you got a deal.

Last edited:

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Some people can't take criticism in any form - they pretend they can and do the whole "constructive criticism welcome! help me improve bla bla" but once it's actually given they shut down, build walls and ignore all future inputs

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
I have a question, I was considering supporting the Dev but how can you fin out how much they pull down off of Patreon? I don't want to tip too much if they are pulling done like 10k a month or bank like that.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
What about other Developers? If someone is making loads of money then forget it.. I wanted to see that then make a decision.
Find a game you like the look of and then look the dev up It's only an estimator and Patreon numbers do fluctuate a lot (especially in months when a game update is released) but it will give you a good idea on how much they are making, and you can compare different devs to see what the average earnings are.

As others have said DPC is one of the biggest earners out there, a low to mid tier donation would make little to no difference to him.

Reactions: TittyHeaven

Carlosolrac

Jun 6, 2017
Hi all!
I can't send a text to Zoey from the phone almost at the begining of episode 10 (in MC room), and this appear, please any help? thanks
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode10/ep10_freeroam_room1.rpy", line 526, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_func.rpy", line 43, in mphone_chat_handle_replies
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode10/ep10_freeroam_room1.rpyc", line 526, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode10/ep10_freeroam_room1.rpy", line 526, in <module>
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 760, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "renpy/display/viewport.py", line 299, in event
    rv = super(Viewport, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 760, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_func.rpy", line 43, in mphone_chat_handle_replies
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.10.1
Thu Jan 11 17:19:11 2024

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Never got the appeal of Sally; no tits, no arse, no sex and she's an arsehole. It has to be a hatefuck thing right? They want her limping away bow legged, gaped and leaking for all them barbs.
This hostile attitude of hers for no reason always cooled me down. And no matter what personal problems she has there, this is not a reason to treat MC like crap. I never liked such people.
So I'm not reaaly care about her possible scenes/branch.
Sally isn't particularly attractive to me either. She's definitely not ugly but I blame the unrealistic beauty standards the other LIs (and whole other games) got us hooked on. You're just not the same after that. Plus she's a standoffish asshole to us for no reason.
Sally is nothing but a trophy fuck to me. I just want to get the chance to fuck her into a temporary vegetative state and document it in a suitable way. I'm somewhat confident that no one else will ever get that far with her again, especially after she's got "taken advantage of" this bad, by me. :Kappa:
Well who am I kidding, DPC is too obsessed with keeping the game "Patreon safe" to implement an encounter like that.
Maybe the real reason DPC left the site was because he could sense I was going to come here eventually
And he wanted to avoid me.
Maybe the real DPC is the friends we made along the way :BootyTime:

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022

Give a man a lot of money and you can discover his true nature. Humility and honesty are not words that exist in the DPC bubble.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
My only real suggestion for him would be to use interpolation in animations so that he can save some time in rendering. The results from that method are almost as good as rendering in native frame rate and that would allow him to either update faster or make bigger updates.

I would also ask what is his current hardware setup (number of PCs and GPUs) since I'm curious and would use this data to try to improve my predicitions about when the next update will release.

Lastly I would ask him, if copyright wasn't a issue, which songs would he like to add to the game. This one is mostly to get some songs recomendations from him since so far I really enjoyed over 80% of all the songs he added to the game.
Now you've done it. He's gonna render animations for the next episode in native 4K 240 fps and becomes a singer/songwriter on the side so he can use his own music.
Might bump up development time slightly to around 48 months but hey, all sacrifices for quality!

• Haha
Reactions: KaiserST
Aug 29, 2023
Last night I introduced my girlfriend to Being A DIK. She’s entirely new to AVNs, but she’s played text-based video games before, so it’s not a wholly new idea for her.

We played it together… well, by “playing it together” I mean I had the laptop on my lap and clicked all the stuff, and she made the choices. Since I’ve played it so many times I could show her where all the stuff was, and give her hints about consequences (but not too many; don’t wanna spoil too much). And make sure she didn’t turn on the goddamned mini-games.

Plus we read all the dialogue aloud. At first I was gonna read all of it, but after the way I read the Jill intro, she forbade me from voicing any more girls. She would do the girl voices; I would read the boy stuff. It was hot; this woman knows how to read naughty stuff. Those of you with girlfriends—you gotta try it sometime. It’ll turn your crank.

She knows I have a thing for gingers—hell, she’s a ginger—so the instant she saw Sage, she said, “Oh now I know which girl’s your favorite.” Perfect setup; I responded, “Of course—it’s you.” Yeah I’m smooth.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
My only real suggestion for him would be to use interpolation in animations so that he can save some time in rendering. The results from that method are almost as good as rendering in native frame rate and that would allow him to either update faster or make bigger updates.
He already knows about it, he just doesn't want to use it because it won't benefit his profits in the long run. He gets more money by developing his game for a year. :KEK:
f7f7b4e0-ea7d-455e-8356-c2a809e84262_text.gif
I would also ask what is his current hardware setup (number of PCs and GPUs) since I'm curious and would use this data to try to improve my predicitions about when the next update will release.
He'll probably tell you a lie about what he has.:HideThePain:
Sin título.jpeg

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
Last night I introduced my girlfriend to Being A DIK. She’s entirely new to AVNs, but she’s played text-based video games before, so it’s not a wholly new idea for her.

We played it together… well, by “playing it together” I mean I had the laptop on my lap and clicked all the stuff, and she made the choices. Since I’ve played it so many times I could show her where all the stuff was, and give her hints about consequences (but not too many; don’t wanna spoil too much). And make sure she didn’t turn on the goddamned mini-games.

Plus we read all the dialogue aloud. At first I was gonna read all of it, but after the way I read the Jill intro, she forbade me from voicing any more girls. She would do the girl voices; I would read the boy stuff. It was hot; this woman knows how to read naughty stuff. Those of you with girlfriends—you gotta try it sometime. It’ll turn your crank.

She knows I have a thing for gingers—hell, she’s a ginger—so the instant she saw Sage, she said, “Oh now I know which girl’s your favorite.” Perfect setup; I responded, “Of course—it’s you.” Yeah I’m smooth.
did you two also mimic the sex scenes while playing? :sneaky:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes