DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Considering what Bella tells him, the one time mc asks about her husband, and the mysterious confession she makes to him afterwards, I don't know if I'd be asking her any more questions....
A normal person would either pressure Bella for answers or end this “relationship” with her due to lack of sincerity. The problem is that no one in the world would break up with Bella after she said that you are the air she needs so she can't drown in an abyss of darkness or something like that. Try breaking up with a woman after that and she'll kill you or she'll kill herself. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SagePage

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
The basis of a relationship is trust and the most important thing about having a long and lasting relationship is that it is free from secrets. Bella's relationship with the MC is neither one nor the other. I only see trust from the MC's side who is blindly trusting Bella by continuing this 'relationship' full of secrets.

This whole mystery surrounding Bella has already become ridiculous. In Ep.10 MC tries to get to know Bella a little better during lunch off campus, Bella automatically goes into defense mode saying that they already know enough. MC counters by saying that there are things to learn, such as how long she worked at B&R.

Bella gives a short answer, mentions having worked at another library and abruptly ends the subject saying it is a sensitive topic. Dwyane in a single episode shared more about his life (about his mother, his hobbies and his girlfriend) to the MC than Bella did in 10 episodes. Joke. Simply a joke. That's what Bella's 'relationship' with the MC is up to this point (I have doubts if it will improve in the future).
You're talking about trust and a "long and lasting relationship" 1 month into the thing, with a woman who clearly has issues to solve, you're expecting a clean slate from a person with more than a decade of baggage to get through.

And again
Dwyane in a single episode shared more about his life (about his mother, his hobbies and his girlfriend) to the MC than Bella did in 10 episodes.
You're focusing on the 10 episodes part instead of focusing on the thing that matters, the time-span of the story itself, which is around 3 months so far, 3 months of knowing someone is nothing.
Bella has shared plenty about her past by now, we know about her parents, about her college times, about her dreams, about her previous work. She just hasn't shared much about James, which is the most important thing for her to share with MC, and because of this you just chalk everything else she has shared into being nothing.

I have my issues with the way the story is written, but from what we've seen so far, your expectations are not realistic.
She literally waited until the last minute before she fucked him to ask MC about him dating Jill ffs. Expecting her to just start talking and laying everything down in front of MC in one go is absurd.
If you decide to play her branch, you have to accept that you're in it for the long haul.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A normal person would either pressure Bella for answers or end this “relationship” with her due to lack of sincerity. The problem is that no one in the world would break up with Bella after she said that you are the air she needs so she can't drown in an abyss of darkness or something like that. Try breaking up with a woman after that and she'll kill you or she'll kill herself. :ROFLMAO:
In my opinion it doesn't make sense at all that Bella wants mc to commit to the relationship without addressing these issues. MC is a kid, he might be ok with that, I don't know if he has a long term plan with her.

While her asking him, possibly, to leave Jill (or at least a girl his age) for a relationship that might have to end the next day is insane

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
For an MC that constantly bangs on how he loves discussing feelings he seems to not ask obvious shit. What happens to us if your husband comes back seems like a real important discussion especfially as he potentially throws Sage, Jill, Josy and Maya away for a shot with Bella.
But it is not true that he does not ask, he does and Bella gives him an incomprehensible answer. He might insist but it is clear that Bella does not want to talk about it. It is not that simple.

Even with Sage it is not that he insists once she shows she does not like it. It's not that simple

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
You're talking about trust and a "long and lasting relationship" 1 month into the thing, with a woman who clearly has issues to solve, you're expecting a clean slate from a person with more than a decade of baggage to get through.
I don't know about you, but would you start a relationship where a lack of trust and secrets prevail? That's what Bella's relationship with the MC is in a nutshell. Furthermore, Bella is not fit to have a romantic relationship with someone else if she doesn't want to put her cards on the table and deal with her problems.

Bella has shared plenty about her past by now, we know about her parents, about her college times, about her dreams, about her previous work.
• She gave an ambiguous answer about her relatives: "But they are gone now."
• True, she commented about the time she was OMG sister;
• She commented on the dream in Ep.10 after the MC insisted that he could get to know her better.
• In Ep.8 she mentioned very little and in Ep.10 she tried to say something, but asked the MC to change the subject. Seriously, it's just her old job. If something serious happened she doesn't need to say it, but does she really have to refuse to talk a little about the old library she worked at?

Expecting her to just start talking and laying everything down in front of MC in one go is absurd.
I don't expect her to say everything at once, but that's what will happen. DPC should have made Bella open up a little in each episode, we're in Ep.10 and she hasn't said anything meaningful about James. Like she did with Jill, she will wait until the last second to drop the shit on the MC's head.

I love Bella but I'm not deluded. You guys are used to seeing fans defending their waifus at all costs (josy Alady, Sage best girl, cute Riona drug dealer and yada yada yada), but I'm not like that. Bella has many flaws and I'm not going to deny it or pretend that they don't exist just because she's my favorite character.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've completely forgotten that conversation then. I was under the impression he never asked what would happen to their relationship before deciding Bella was who he wanted to be exclusive with.
He does this in the sixth chapter, after Bella stays over at his place. He asks her about the fact that she is married and she tells him that it is different now. I still don't understand what she meant. MC who is dumb pretends to understand....

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I'm on the record saying irl I wouldn't date Bella before I knew what was up with her marriage, but I've learned to enjoy the story and its main character and accept it within the constraints DPC has set.
The DPC's mistake was to sell that Bella's route would lead the player to a romantic relationship with her. As a route to make the MC a lover of a married and lonely woman, Bella's route is a 10/10, but as a route for the MC to have a genuine romance with Bella it is a 1/10 at most 2.5/10; **and I checked Bella's acceptance after Ep.10 and it is extremely low, unlike years ago as you mentioned previously. Just search Reddit for your 'most favorite route' and Bella is in last place in 95% of responses.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm on the record saying irl I wouldn't date Bella before I knew what was up with her marriage, but I've learned to enjoy the story and its main character and accept it within the constraints DPC has set.
I, at mc's age, wouldn't have said no to Arieth either.... You think first love is forever but it's not like you really think about it, you just believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: DMNOV3R

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
The DPC's mistake was to sell that Bella's route would lead the player to a romantic relationship with her. As a route to make the MC a lover of a married and lonely woman, Bella's route is a 10/10, but as a route for the MC to have a genuine romance with Bella it is a 1/10 at most 2.5/10; **and I checked Bella's acceptance after Ep.10 and it is extremely low, unlike years ago as you mentioned previously. Just search Reddit for your 'most favorite route' and Bella is in last place in 95% of responses.
Dunno, Bella is my favourite route, tbh. The relationship with her seems mature. She opens up here and there and the only reason why we still haven't gotten answers with her is because damn Maya subplot is still in the books.
Her husband is gone and never comes back, IMO - the ghost MC has seen while being drunk in EP2(was it EP2?) is a clear sign of that. Closed room probably contains all his belongings.
As for her not opening up on things from the get go - there are people like that. It took half a year into relationship from my previous partner to hear "I love you" from me.
She's slowly opening up - she's the one who brings up the topic on her own in EP10. At this point in their relationship, she's the one in desperate need of MC, not his magic dick. Her "Please, stay with me" has totally sold me on her route. Jill will sooner or later meet someone special, Sage will never have problems with finding someone aswell. Josy and Maya have each other, despite all the problems within their relationship. Bella, on the other hand...has an empty house full of painful memories. She's the one who needs MC the most if you ask me.

Also, as for cheating woman, we have Jade for one.

Last edited:

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Her "Please, stay with me" has totally sold me on her route.
I think that in Bella's head this "Please, stay with me." it sounded different. I think she thought: “I'm going to say that I need him like I need air and I'm going to ask him to stay with me, I'm going to sound so fucking romantic and he's going to love it!” But in my head I was imagining which episode Bella would try to kill me. Was the DPC's intention to make this dialogue seem romantic or scary?

Reactions: katzenstreu

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
Her "Please, stay with me" has totally sold me on her route. Jill will sooner or later meet someone special, Sage will never have problems with finding someone aswell. Josy and Maya have each other, despie all the problems within their relationship. Bella, on the other hand...has an empty house full of painful memories. She's the one who needs MC the most if you ask me.
i dont know dude, being with someone out of pity is not working for a long time.

Reactions: w00de and DMNOV3R

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
i dont know dude, being with someone out of pity is not working for a long time.
I thought it was a low blow for Bella to ask the MC 'to stay with her'. She must have realized that she won't be able to dodge the MC's questions for long and will resort to emotional blackmail. As I said before, what kind of person would end a relationship with a woman in these psychological conditions? Nobody.

Reactions: katzenstreu

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
I thought it was a low blow for Bella to ask the MC 'to stay with her'. She must have realized that she won't be able to dodge the MC's questions for long and will resort to emotional blackmail. As I said before, what kind of person would end a relationship with a woman in these psychological conditions? Nobody.
I dunno. By that time, the player has chosen her over dozen of hot girls on the campus. There's no need for that.
On the other hand, if DPC wanted to show that she needs MC that much - simple italic font as inner thoughts would've worked better.

UPD: but I'm biased in here.
As far as the most obvious partner for MC - it's Jill, regardless of playthrough. Vanillaest of vanilla experiences, with Good Girl Jill trying to fix Bad Boy MC or just Ultimate Power Couple.

Last edited:

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I dunno. By that time, the player has chosen her over dozen of hot girls on the campus. There's no need for that.
For her to have asked the MC to 'stay with her' means that she realized that the MC's patience could not last long and that he will give her an ultimatum at any moment. The MC did choose Bella over the other girls on campus, but that doesn't mean she will have the MC in her hands forever.

James H Boner

Jul 5, 2018
Bella is kind of annoying to me. She is always moaning about her husband.
You won't see Maya complaining about stuff.

Or if she does its only for a little bit.

Bella is 1000 times better than Maya and Josey combined. Maya has a goblin face and is pretty fucking naive and Josey is a small tittied midget who even if I absolutely did nothing with her she'll whine and cry about it and still throw herself at me. I always kick them to the curb, stomp on them and then ignore them same thing with Zoey. You should never fuck a liberal crazy blue haired girl. BTW I never kiss a girl with cum on her face or in her mouth. I always creampie Isabella's magical vagina or asshole if necessary.

Last edited:

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
For her to have asked the MC to 'stay with her' means that she realized that the MC's patience could not last long and that he will give her an ultimatum at any moment. The MC did choose Bella over the other girls on campus, but that doesn't mean she will have the MC in her hands forever.
Well...that depends on a playthrough. She tried to match him up with Jill, tried to avoid the action with the dude and, when it came up to her happiness or Jill's in EP8 she picked the latter. Trying to keep MC to herself and playing on his emotions for the sake of herself being happy would be out of character for her. Bella is a good, yet traumatized person. Not a manipulator, unless it's Tybalt)

Reactions: Harathorne

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Bella is at a crossroads at the moment.
It is very difficult for her to let go of James, she apparently loved him very much, he was her whole world until something happened 3 years ago. She spent all this time in an emotional hole, stuck after the tragedy that separated them.
After get knowing MC, Bella gets a breath of fresh air and apparently is still struggling with herself: having feelings for MC, she still can't say goodbye to James and is in a state of internal conflict. Therefore, she can't answer the question of what their relationship represents.
Bella will obviously not be the first to tell MC that she loves him. But she is trying to move on, she needs time.
Josy will likely be the first to say she pretty much said it in ep10 in the pillow fort scene. I agree on Bella

Reactions: Harathorne
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes