ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Which one are you referring to? Reborn or A Fresh Start? I agree that A Fresh Start doesn't look great. Very dull looking.

All the renders in the post I replied to look somewhat colourless, grey-ish. The whole gamma sux. I dunno.
The first and obvious thing that you have to figure out when you do a VN is to make it look somewhat good.

I was always surprised with how College Kings got it's share of fans. The writing is meh, renders were also meh(come on, college dorm/party house looked like a hobo hut).
The face on the cover, though...Dudes perfectly nailed the visuals of a popular girl and managed to mess up everything else. Yet ended up making a buck. Good on them, I guess=/
Anyway, off-topic.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
All the renders in the post I replied to look somewhat colourless, grey-ish. The whole gamma sux. I dunno.
The first and obvious thing that you have to figure out when you do a VN is to make it look somewhat good.

I was always surprised with how College Kings got it's share of fans. The writing is meh, renders were also meh(come on, college dorm/party house looked like a hobo hut).
The face on the cover, though...Dudes perfectly nailed the visuals of a popular girl and managed to mess up everything else. Yet ended up making a buck. Good on them, I guess=/
Anyway, off-topic.
College setting games are popular. Regular updates helped. Builds traction. I can tolerate meh renders, just not absolutely poor. Agree that the writing is passable but there is some charm. It's one of the few games I actually remember the characters' names.

With constant updates, it filled a gap BADIK left with its bi-yearly to yearly releases. They lost some traction with their failed Unity engine game.

I'm surprised there aren't more mid-quality games in the college genre with a regular release schedule. There seems to be demand. I suppose good writers are hard to find though.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Yeah, Well , watch him ruining Josy, because he lurking here, and reads my comments and he gonna gets petty that way.:cautious::whistle::ROFLMAO:

But, Just think about,. just think about it. I'm Just saying, and you can make up your own conclusion.

Everyone in episode 9, 99% of the audience, mocked, and found it lame and cringe and shity etc etc the whole Jill's Banana costume. It became a Joke, a meme.

Guess What ?! , In the very next Q/A session of his. Somehow, someone showed up, and Praised him for it.:LOL:
How awesome it was from him, how Funny he is. That one person from the 1%. It was not even a question , it was literally just a praise.

I left the rest for you , but just think about it. Kind of Interesting, at least I find it interestingly funny:whistle::LOL:
:coffee:
There's an interesting topic. I don't think we've ever put our heads together to figure out who DPC's sock puppet account is.

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
There are other games with a similar formula currently.

Trouble at Home, No Such Luck, Letter to My Dream, Alpha Omega, and Lineage or Legacy are similar or inspired by BADIK, but they have their own identity. I wouldn't call them clones. I found all of them to be enjoyable. College Kings used to be a decent one, but became way too buggy.

Reborn is a clone and not merely similar. I enjoy it the same way that I would a cheesy Star Wars knockoff. Now that BADIK has a clone, perhaps it'll get a parody like Space Balls next. :LOL:

Shameless clone but at least it's not this game. If you have a strong stomach, dare to gaze at these screenshots.
Hey, I'mma check out all of these. Except those last two. I tried CK once, kept thinking about DIK.
Maybe I'll eventually try Reborn, but with two "Quinns", I don't think it'll keep.

Reactions: Maxiom

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Bro she is the main reason I play this game.
She is one of the best waifus ever created.
I'm sorry, Joshy.
It's hard for me to say that... :cry:
But you're not romantic number one anymore. :(
Darkwen found some super duper romantic dude. :cautious:
He's a real fucking romantic genius. :oops:
bandicam 2024-01-19 13-52-15-833.jpg
You have to do something about it, and regain your rightful status.:WeSmart:

• Wow
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Corrected.
Nah bro if I made the game there wouldn't be any sandbox or minigames I hate that stuff in any game.

I'm sorry, Joshy.
It's hard for me to say that... :cry:
But you're not romantic number one anymore. :(
Darkwen found some super duper romantic dude. :cautious:
He's a real fucking romantic genius. :oops:
View attachment 3276692
You have to do something about it, and regain your rightful status.:WeSmart:
That is nasty even I wouldn't do that.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Nah bro if I made the game there wouldn't be any sandbox or minigames I hate that stuff in any game.

That is nasty even I wouldn't do that.
Nasty? :unsure:
Just admit that you're not ready for the same challenges as this dude... :cautious:
Even for Maya's sake.
eyecomp.gif

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

All week was about posing animations and writing. I alternated between them to get some day-to-day variation.

The animations I'm posing right now are not only plenty but also tricky to pose for reasons I won't spoil. I expected these animations to render slower than the others in the render queue. Surprisingly, they render almost 50% faster - making it even harder for me to keep up manually- but I'm hanging in there.

Regarding writing, I went back to plan the episode more, focusing on a few branches. I'd say that two out of the five major branches have been planned in rough strokes. Another week of similar kind of work is ahead of me.

Q&A event
This is the final call for your Q&A questions. Please submit any questions that you want to ask before Sunday. Any new questions after Sunday won't be considered for this year's Q&A.

You can submit your questions .

Polls
Tomorrow, a cosmetic poll for Camila will start. Sign up as a +$10 patron to participate.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
For fuck's sake, another useless report with no hard data.
What did you expect in this early stage? He released his last episode last month. Don't forget after a release the most time a dev have to answer feedback and fix some bugs. After all there was holiday. DPC might be an ass but he's a human after all. Let him have some days off.
Nothing new besides, "hey, this animations will take even longer to render"
Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I think he tells just the opposite:
I expected these animations to render slower than the others in the render queue. Surprisingly, they render almost 50% faster - making it even harder for me to keep up manually- but I'm hanging in there.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes