Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I have no idea if the dev is lying or not. I'll just say this one thing, and it applies to every indie dev on here mainly using Patreon as their business/income model. There is no financial incentive to work at a brisk pace. There are no requirements for laying out detailed goals or benchmarks. There isn't any accountability or refunds because no promises or contracts are made. It's why I don't become a patron, I do stuff like Buy A Coffee and that's only if I feel a dev has put out a lot of work and entertained me for a while so they've earned some cash. I'll also not lay out more money than I spent on Baldur's Gate 3 for any of these games.

So yeah, I don't expect segments of this VN to come out faster. If they do, I'll be pleasantly surprised, if the story maintains my interest.

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
For fuck's sake, another useless report with no hard data.

Nothing new besides, "hey, this animations will take even longer to render"
Kind of funny thought they rendering faster then he thought so will they render slower if he thinks they should be fast :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . At this early stage numbers don't matter it not like we going to get anything before December would love to be wrong but staying with this mindset

Reactions: KaiserST

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022

All week was about posing animations and writing. I alternated between them to get some day-to-day variation.

The animations I'm posing right now are not only plenty but also tricky to pose for reasons I won't spoil. I expected these animations to render slower than the others in the render queue. Surprisingly, they render almost 50% faster - making it even harder for me to keep up manually- but I'm hanging in there.

Regarding writing, I went back to plan the episode more, focusing on a few branches. I'd say that two out of the five major branches have been planned in rough strokes. Another week of similar kind of work is ahead of me.

Q&A event
This is the final call for your Q&A questions. Please submit any questions that you want to ask before Sunday. Any new questions after Sunday won't be considered for this year's Q&A.

You can submit your questions .

Polls
Tomorrow, a cosmetic poll for Camila will start. Sign up as a +$10 patron to participate.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Well the only thing I expect from chapter 11 is a fight against caleb or vinny. It will probably happen or not a man can dream. :HideThePain:

Reactions: HanBoston

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well the only thing I expect from chapter 11 is a fight against caleb or vinny. It will probably happen or not a man can dream. :HideThePain:
I feel the same. But it'll be Caleb, not Vinny. Dpc will stretch out the Rio, Vinny shit for 2 maybe 3 eps.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
He's working on a new mini game where you start a bee hive. Save the environment and make extra money on the side from selling honey.
I thought the new mini-game would be to learn how to make methamphetamine in chemistry class and then sell it with derek's help. :LUL:
20240109_174630.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: chuck69

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Right now there a good chance it ends this season or at least the loan part of it Patrick on the other hand will probably still around next season but of it DPC so who knows
Flip a coin and choose heads or tails. With DPC you never know what will happen.:HideThePain:
eminem-coin-toss.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Darkwen

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
That's good news. I think to myself, for DPC to pose foursome sex. He once wrote that threesome sex is already hard to pose and foursome sex is even harder. We have a Cosmetic Poll from Camila. We also see Camila, Quinn and Riona having sex in the home screen behind Sage. So I think with that DPC created poses for a foursome sex scene.:rolleyes::love:
Yeah, they are fucking Vinnie as part of their deal to share profits.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Without the loan, is Patrick even an issue anymore? Seems to be the only thing tying him to maya
Patrick is a abusive and controlling person I highly doubt he would do nothing the rest of the game even with no more loan. He thinks he is doing this for his dying wife to make her dream come true: the kids getting married and having kids so he would likely be willing to do anything. When Helen die's Patrick will put the blame on Maya which who knows that could happen in game and Patrick will say it was Maya fault and there no telling what he would do. I might be wrong but I think this could happen

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Right now there a good chance it ends this season or at least the loan part of it Patrick on the other hand will probably still around next season but of it DPC so who knows
Hopefully, cause DPC needs more wriggle room for other plots. Some plots didnt get any progress since... forever. There is so much going on i cant really picture it in my head how DPC will solve everything in the next 6 episodes if some bigger plots dont end in the next 2 episodes. And the very last episode should focus on the conclusion of the relationships, not so much on the plots anyways... so in my head, DPC has only 5 episodes left to solve most of the ongoing plots... which arent much considered what is going on all over the place. And especially the Maya thing was kinda the "major" plot all the time and is already going on way too long drowning everything else.

Reactions: Darkwen

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Without the loan, is Patrick even an issue anymore? Seems to be the only thing tying him to maya
Well... he still is Mayas father isnt he? And what about her mother? Its very likely that she will die before the game is over, so there is that too... Patrick will still have a role in this game, no matter what. But i think it will end in a peachy cloudly rainbow way with a little tear too. Like... Maya cut ties, Patrick has to swollow the pill for now, than Moms condition is getting worse, family unites to give her a good farewell, Mom wishes that everybody bury the hatchet for good aaaaand than she dies, all are crying their eyes out but in the end they make up. Something like that. But everything "after" the "pill swollow" for Patrick can be shown kinda in 2 scenes at the end of the game... the main part is, get Maya away from him for the time being. The final "happy end" can be shown in the very last episode which will be full to the brim with happy emotions i bet.

*Edit* Huhm... just as i hit the button to post it, i thaught about the starting cinematic of episode 9. The whole "destroyed" dinner scene... Could be something like that:

Its Bellas home, thats for sure, so... they are having nice christmas dinner all together there, Bella, MC, Maya, Josy, Derek, Jill and maybe some more. And maybe Patrick calls Derek during the dinner "your mom is dying" and somebody is getting hysterical and kicks over the table... there is no blood in the scene, it is supposed to be wine or sauce or something like that. So after that everybody is rushing out, getting to Mayas mom... and the end for Mayas plot is happening for good... ah... aaaaaaaand in comes James seeing the dinner tables and wondering "what the fuck is that?" Hm yeah, why not?

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the two problems can only be solved together.

let us admit that somehow the analysis of the documents proves that it is not true that Maya is in danger of going bankrupt forever by not respecting her father's wishes.
this is not that said it would solve the tuition problem, the money would still remain Patrick's.

and even imagining a Patrick in jail, that would create the problem of who should take care of Helen.

the ultimate solution comes only from Patrick realizing that he was wrong and planting her with this theater.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes