Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

All week was about posing animations and writing. I alternated between them to get some day-to-day variation.

The animations I'm posing right now are not only plenty but also tricky to pose for reasons I won't spoil. I expected these animations to render slower than the others in the render queue. Surprisingly, they render almost 50% faster - making it even harder for me to keep up manually- but I'm hanging in there.

Regarding writing, I went back to plan the episode more, focusing on a few branches. I'd say that two out of the five major branches have been planned in rough strokes. Another week of similar kind of work is ahead of me.

Q&A event
This is the final call for your Q&A questions. Please submit any questions that you want to ask before Sunday. Any new questions after Sunday won't be considered for this year's Q&A.

You can submit your questions .

Polls
Tomorrow, a cosmetic poll for Camila will start. Sign up as a +$10 patron to participate.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Thank you for posting!

So nothing new, but didnt expected something. I appreciate it a lot that DPC is posting weekly DEV reports, even if there is nothing to tell. Most DEVs doesnt do any reports, or maybe only two month with false information and ETAs they cant reach. And if there are important numbers to show, DPC does that. You have to give him credit for that cause it should be a given, but its not, DPC is more or less the only DEV doing that. Heck, he gives such precise numbers out so its even possible for some smart users to predict precisely when a release of an episode is to be expected before DPC can even think about it :D

But back to the report. So the render slaves are rendering about 50% faster as he expected now... that is... strange? How? Why?

Dont get me wrong, that is good news, i guess. But... they dont work faster just like that. Something has to be changed for that. Better hardware? Not that DPC has mentioned it after getting the RTX 4090s running... dont know anymore when that took place (september? august? something like that) Software upgrades? He didnt mentioned that either, what he usually does if its significant and even if he does not mention it... many users here would know something in that regard already.

So... the render queue is getting emtied much faster, without reason? Mysterious :D

And now he faces the problem i was afraid about.

As i mentioned two weeks ago, i think DPCs was building his work-shedule around the animation queue for episode 9 and 10. He was able to get 1 animation rendered per day by the PC slaves. This gives a very good frame to plan a work-shedule for. Posing one day animations to fill the queue so the slaves have a queue for about 2 weeks, use those 2 weeks for other things... fill up the queue again, and so on until the end. Like this he doesnt even need to work 8 hours a day to get eveything done, cause the animation sets the pace anyway.

But that has changed now somehow... we will see how this goes on... worst case, it could lead to stress. And that would lead to a way more delayed episode than waiting on an animation queue full of pointless animations, thats for sure. Stressed people dont work good, nobody does.

Reactions: spl00shz

spl00shz

Apr 16, 2023
Thank you for posting!

So nothing new, but didnt expected something. I appreciate it a lot that DPC is posting weekly DEV reports, even if there is nothing to tell. Most DEVs doesnt do any reports, or maybe only two month with false information and ETAs they cant reach. And if there are important numbers to show, DPC does that. You have to give him credit for that cause it should be a given, but its not, DPC is more or less the only DEV doing that. Heck, he gives such precise numbers out so its even possible for some smart users to predict precisely when a release of an episode is to be expected before DPC can even think about it :D

But back to the report. So the render slaves are rendering about 50% faster as he expected now... that is... strange? How? Why?

Dont get me wrong, that is good news, i guess. But... they dont work faster just like that. Something has to be changed for that. Better hardware? Not that DPC has mentioned it after getting the RTX 4090s running... dont know anymore when that took place (september? august? something like that) Software upgrades? He didnt mentioned that either, what he usually does if its significant and even if he does not mention it... many users here would know something in that regard already.

So... the render queue is getting emtied much faster, without reason? Mysterious :D

And now he faces the problem i was afraid about.

As i mentioned two weeks ago, i think DPCs was building his work-shedule around the animation queue for episode 9 and 10. He was able to get 1 animation rendered per day by the PC slaves. This gives a very good frame to plan a work-shedule for. Posing one day animations to fill the queue so the slaves have a queue for about 2 weeks, use those 2 weeks for other things... fill up the queue again, and so on until the end. Like this he doesnt even need to work 8 hours a day to get eveything done, cause the animation sets the pace anyway.

But that has changed now somehow... we will see how this goes on... worst case, it could lead to stress. And that would lead to a way more delayed episode than waiting on an animation queue full of pointless animations, thats for sure. Stressed people dont work good, nobody does.
I agree. Best we can hope for is less than a year update because of speed rendering. But knowing him he will use this for ...

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
the two problems can only be solved together.

let us admit that somehow the analysis of the documents proves that it is not true that Maya is in danger of going bankrupt forever by not respecting her father's wishes.
this is not that said it would solve the tuition problem, the money would still remain Patrick's.

and even imagining a Patrick in jail, that would create the problem of who should take care of Helen.

the ultimate solution comes only from Patrick realizing that he was wrong and planting her with this theater.
Mostly I agree with that but the question is when does Patrick realize that if he ever does.

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Hopefully, cause DPC needs more wriggle room for other plots. Some plots didnt get any progress since... forever. There is so much going on i cant really picture it in my head how DPC will solve everything in the next 6 episodes if some bigger plots dont end in the next 2 episodes. And the very last episode should focus on the conclusion of the relationships, not so much on the plots anyways... so in my head, DPC has only 5 episodes left to solve most of the ongoing plots... which arent much considered what is going on all over the place. And especially the Maya thing was kinda the "major" plot all the time and is already going on way too long drowning everything else.
I feel like we will end up with 20 episodes unless project gets abandoned.
Also it's probably the most annoying thing with Maya - her subplot was a great thing to start shit up and open the can of worms with Burke's free tuition, whole prostitution ring and stuff, but at this point it's just a liability. In all honesty, when I've seen that we had to go on a trip to Pat's home, I was like "Come ooooonnnn..."
I'd say we will be halfway through the story once her subplot gets finished.

Reactions: jimbro

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Mostly I agree with that but the question is when does Patrick realize that if he ever does.
when someone tells him.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Maya and Derek's dialectical skills. these are not easy talks to have when one side is entrenched in his position, and I don't know how Maya, who still isn't exactly convinced of her orientation, can scratch that wall.

of course the number one suspect to solve the problem is Helen, in the end it all stems from her, one word from her would bring Patrick down

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Up till now, the central focus has been Maya's problem with money for school. If dpc allows that to get solved, we need a new focus. So Riona for 5 episodes?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
when someone tells him.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Maya and Derek's dialectical skills. these are not easy talks to have when one side is entrenched in his position, and I don't know how Maya, who still isn't exactly convinced of her orientation, can scratch that wall.

of course the number one suspect to solve the problem is Helen, in the end it all stems from her, one word from her would bring Patrick down
Considering Patrick no one can judge me stance Helen is the only one that can reach him the problem with that she don't know what Patrick is doing to Maya. The only other way would be for something sad to happen like Helen death personalty I think it would start off bad but then some redemption can happen at the end

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Also it's probably the most annoying thing with Maya - her subplot was a great thing to start shit up and open the can of worms with Burke's free tuition, whole prostitution ring and stuff, but at this point it's just a liability. In all honesty, when I've seen that we had to go on a trip to Pat's home, I was like "Come ooooonnnn..."
I guess quite a few people still aren't able to come to terms with the fact that Josy and Maya are BaDIK's most important characters after all these years.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
So, other people's speculation is delusional but yours, which is based purely on YOUR opinion with no facts to back it up, is not? :WaitWhat:
Of course. Just like you're delusional if you thought I was being serious. It's why I always put some silly face. Now, off you go to try and bait someone else. :ROFLMAO:

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
  • Angry tall girl with a saggy ass that thinks she has communication issues but she's always going on about shit? Check
  • Ridiculously cute girl-next-door type whose only flaw is that she cums too quickly? Yay multiple orgasms! I mean... Check.
  • Super smart dude who is the head of the geeks is actually a cheater? Check
I didn't get these ones

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I too think it won't end at 16 episodes and two episodes for the epilogue.
Right now we're already 10 episodes in and we haven't even reached Christmas.
Most likely ep12 will end on Christmas or New Year's Eve.
And we'll only have one season left, which is 4 episodes for the remaining six months?
I think this year he will announce that he wants to game for a 5th season to fit spring and summer into 2 seasons which sounds logical.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes