DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
the two problems can only be solved together.

let us admit that somehow the analysis of the documents proves that it is not true that Maya is in danger of going bankrupt forever by not respecting her father's wishes.
this is not that said it would solve the tuition problem, the money would still remain Patrick's.

and even imagining a Patrick in jail, that would create the problem of who should take care of Helen.

the ultimate solution comes only from Patrick realizing that he was wrong and planting her with this theater.
There's no such thing as 'bankrupt forever'. It's seven years at most.

And that's the whole problem with the loan storyline. It just never works. Real world facts are that once a person like Maya passes their 18th birthday, their parents have absolutely no way to control them. As long as the person is willing to just walk away from any help from their parents.

And that's where DPC went wrong in writing this mess.

He could have written Maya as more selfish, unwilling to delay school, or anything else in her life. Therefore making herself vulnerable to malicious manipulation. Or he could have written Patrick as an emotional blackmailer. Making Maya feel guilty for disobeying her Father. Either way the character needed some flaw that would make her vulnerable. But DPC had to write Maya as a perfect little damsel in distress. Unfortunately, that character just won't fit into this scenario

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I asked about 40 times if someone was able to load their other saves but no body awnserd me like anyone pls awnser me
IT off and on again.gif

Seriously though. If I have a question I first ask myself if it's probably a common question. Then I do a search. The vast majority of the time, the problem has already been asked and answered. It's common curtesy to do this kind of "homework" yourself so that a thread doesn't get clogged up with the same questions over and over again. This is why nobody is answering your question. Your attitude comes across a smidge entitled, we're fans of the game not your IT support team.

have a nice day kkk.gif

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Seriously though. If I have a question I first ask myself if it's probably a common question. Then I do a search. The vast majority of the time, the problem has already been asked and answered. It's common curtesy to do this kind of "homework" yourself so that a thread doesn't get clogged up with the same questions over and over again. This is why nobody is answering your question. Your attitude comes across a smidge entitled, we're fans of the game not your IT support team.
It seems that the universe has a bottomless supply of people who are mystified by the computer contraption they thought was a toy, and have no idea what to do if something does not work. Or who to ask. These guys are not dumb though necessarily. They probably have some other skill that computer types lack. It is true though, that after answering the same question 17,000 times, patience wears thin. Oh dear, what to do.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

And that's the whole problem with the loan storyline. It just never works. Real world facts are that once a person like Maya passes their 18th birthday, their parents have absolutely no way to control them. As long as the person is willing to just walk away from any help from their parents.

He could have written Maya as more selfish, unwilling to delay school, or anything else in her life. Therefore making herself vulnerable to malicious manipulation. Or he could have written Patrick as an emotional blackmailer. Making Maya feel guilty for disobeying her Father. Either way the character needed some flaw that would make her vulnerable. But DPC had to write Maya as a perfect little damsel in distress. Unfortunately, that character just won't fit into this scenario
Bro, we're talking about a story where our MC tells he never had a TV set at home because they couldn't afford it (WUT?!?). Then, his dad comes in and gives him some furniture and a few LCD tv sets for his frat. Out of the blue.

So... we definitely need some serious suspension of disbelief skills for this game's plotholes.

Anyway, let me tell you this: you can bet that no storyline will end before the end of season 4, and you can bet that no major mystery (for example: how Lana died, what happened to Bella's husband, who are MC's grandparents and how they broke off relations with their daughter and MC, who framed Cathy and so on) will be solved before the end of the game.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hopefully the whole Riona situation isn't swept under the rug in the early part of the next episode.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, I hope she is sidelined for a while so other girls get more attention, like Madame.

Madame annoys me.
I don't want some old lady when there is plenty of fresh pussy around.

I just hope the Riona stuff plays out better than everyone finding out about the throuple
That was a real disappointment to me.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Bro, we're talking about a story where our MC tells he never had a TV set at home because they couldn't afford it (WUT?!?). Then, his dad comes in and gives him some furniture and a few LCD tv sets for his frat. Out of the blue.

So... we definitely need some serious suspension of disbelief skills for this game's plotholes.

Anyway, let me tell you this: you can bet that no storyline will end before the end of season 4, and you can bet that no major mystery (for example: how Lana died, what happened to Bella's husband, who are MC's grandparents and how they broke off relations with their daughter and MC, who framed Cathy and so on) will be solved before the end of the game.
The furniture and TV sets the father supplied for the frat were from a shutdown hotel that he and his crew were hired to demolish. He didn't buy them.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I feel like we will end up with 20 episodes unless project gets abandoned.
Also it's probably the most annoying thing with Maya - her subplot was a great thing to start shit up and open the can of worms with Burke's free tuition, whole prostitution ring and stuff, but at this point it's just a liability. In all honesty, when I've seen that we had to go on a trip to Pat's home, I was like "Come ooooonnnn..."
I'd say we will be halfway through the story once her subplot gets finished.
This is very outdated information. Those who were here before remember that “the game will end on Episode 10” (c) Arigon. :ROFLMAO:

DarkMage73

Aug 22, 2022
Hopefully the whole Riona situation isn't swept under the rug in the early part of the next episode.
You already know what the next epsidode is going to be about. The planning, setup and rescue of our beloved Riona. Quinn gets the MC, they devise a plan in his room once she's given him head and sex, then on to how the MC gets Riona and smuggles her out the back while Quinn distracts Vinny and his goon.

A whole episode devoted to Riona. NO Josy and her sexy ass and tits, begging you to fuck her every opportunity, NO Maya and her weird hairstyle, firm tits and smackable ass, who's got so many issues so she could sell them as a horror script to hollywood. It will be just Riona Riona Riona and MC and Quinn. A good episode...:p:p:p

Prepare yourself Joshy92..:D:D:D

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I wish I could say that it was all the fault of Maya's naiveté that she believed her father's words when she would have had every reason to question them.

But at this point it's not that simple, because not even Jill and Sage before, but especially Bella after, shut down after Maya's story.

the starting point should have been "heck Maya, your father has been playing you, what he told you doesn't make any sense. yours is definitely not a student loan and you certainly aren't the guarantor. if you had the paperwork I would make you read it directly."

instead they don't, they don't understand, they have doubts but they need to find the signed documents to figure out what happened, as if there could be fine print on the side of the page that somehow could justify it.

Which only serves to put off solving the problem again.

DPC needed a reason to keep Maya under her father's thumb, just the school fees alone were not enough, and so he slipped in this very long joke that is not funny to which he had to add details with each chapter. all basically useless, basically all that was needed was for the father to threaten Maya to throw her out of the house, preventing her from seeing her mother again (because her behavior would cause her too much pain and disappointment...)

until it was only Maya who believed that the moon was made of cheese, that was one thing, but now the whole group has this doubt... BR, a school for special students

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
You already know what the next epsidode is going to be about. The planning, setup and rescue of our beloved Riona. Quinn gets the MC, they devise a plan in his room once she's given him head and sex, then on to how the MC gets Riona and smuggles her out the back while Quinn distracts Vinny and his goon.

A whole episode devoted to Riona. NO Josy and her sexy ass and tits, begging you to fuck her every opportunity, NO Maya and her weird hairstyle, firm tits and smackable ass, who's got so many issues so she could sell them as a horror script to hollywood. It will be just Riona Riona Riona and MC and Quinn. A good episode...:p:p:p

Riona rescue minigame! More complex and time-consuming than any other minigame before!

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The furniture and TV sets the father supplied for the frat were from a shutdown hotel that he and his crew were hired to demolish. He didn't buy them.
Sure, and he never did it before so they never got a tv. Moreover, construction workers in Western society are so poor that they can't buy a tv set.

Bro, ten years ago I had to renovate one façade (finishing and painting only) of my house: I paid a guy 2 thousand euros for 2 days' work (and he didn't ask a receipt!). I guess I should have told him: "now you can afford a tv set!"

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Yes, so now the game is going to be renamed Special Agent DIK

Aug 29, 2023
Anyone check out this new Reborn game? It's a total clone of Being a DIK.
I had some free time and tried it out. I can ignore the subpar English, the meandering plot, and the utter lack of meaningful choices… but holy fuck is the sidekick annoying.

Pretty much every college AVN is gonna be compared to Being a DIK from now on, and found lacking. Because as much as we bitch about the game’s various problems in this forum, it’s still an outstanding game.

Oh, and that’s five college-based AVNs I’ve played so far which feature a strip club. Whereas when I went to college and grad school, I never set foot in a strip club, and my friends never talked about going to one. Because why should we?—college parties have free naked girls, and there’s a non-zero chance they’ll eventually fuck you!

Oh hell no.jpg

Preferably in a way you’ll appreciate.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maxiom

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
So, Derek said the camera was reinstalled in his room after the renovation.
Why would they do that if all DIks knew Derek lived there? It would make sense to remove it and reinstall it in, say, the room of MC, who has become very famous.

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I had some free time and tried it out. I can ignore the subpar English, the meandering plot, and the utter lack of meaningful choices… but holy fuck is the sidekick annoying.

Pretty much every college AVN is gonna be compared to Being a DIK from now on, and found lacking. Because as much as we bitch about the game’s various problems in this forum, it’s still an outstanding game.

Oh, and that’s five college-based AVNs I’ve played so far which feature a strip club. Whereas when I went to college and grad school, I never set foot in a strip club, and my friends never talked about going to one. Because why should we?—college parties have free naked girls, and there’s a non-zero chance they’ll eventually fuck you!

View attachment 3280213

Preferably in a way you’ll appreciate.
The high school or college setting is capable of generating any kind of plot for you, but for some reason everyone persists in creating high school relationship dramas.
Not everyone succeeds in this, in most student games dramas look strained and even ridiculous.
You could create something like a mystical thriller in a college setting like in The Disappearance of Haruka Suzumiya or a regular high school detective. High school detectives are always fun and interesting.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Hey guys, I've been getting a bunch of DMs asking about wether I'm going to update my saves post. The short answer is Yes! The longer answer is the holidays/work/life after the holidays has prevented me from really sitting down and playing/updating all my saves. I've managed to unlock all lewd scenes, discovered all hidden items and figured out all the new mini game answers (specifically the new english test answers since the new math and science mini games are laughably easy) but it's gonna take some time still to figure out the optimal party planning layout/perks, the best spending habits, as well as the best choices per respective route. I'll have some time to kill this weekend but I can tell you now that I won't be able to finish by then. I predict I'll be done by next weekend. For those that care anyways. If you need a clean persistent file to unlock everything, feel free to message me and I'll send it to you.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes