felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The problem will be so that it is not a "student loan" because these are earmarked and Patrick could never blackmail Maya. It will be a normal loan. We find out in the game so Patrick's credit rating is excellent. The MC reads it when he gets Maya's contract.

The strange thing is that Patrick probably wouldn't even have needed Maya and Derek as guarantors. This actually suggests that Patrick acted with intent.
Maya and Derek have no income so they CANNOT be guarantors of anything

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
The signatures of Maya and Derek can lose their legitimacy under the legal document if it is proven that the signatures were made by fraudulent misrepresentation of the signatories. So if it is not a normal student loan, as Patrick told Maya and Derek, then the facts of fraudulent misrepresentation are given and can be proven by Maya and Derek, witnesses. The signatures of Maya and Derek therefore lose their validity.

Furthermore, Patrick uses the contract to blackmail Maya. This could lead to the contract being rescinded, as it constitutes blackmail. However, there is a catch, because Patrick could be convicted of blackmail. In this case, it is up to Maya to decide whether she wants to go down this route or not. It's important to remember that Maya knows that her mother Helen is dependent on Patrick and that her father would probably collapse. The only way out of this dilemma would be for Maya to get a lawyer involved and for the lawyer to put pressure on Patrick to pay Maya's tuition fees without Maya having to take the final step of pressing charges for blackmail. But in any case, the relationship between Maya and her father Patrick would be destroyed.
Yes, Patrick taking care of the mother is the whole reason the loan document procurement was attempted with stealth. Neither Maya or Derek wanted to start up a ruckus in the house that would make their mom upset and possibly hurt her physical and mental well being.

So they'll probably want to resolve everything without bringing in the cops, rather they may just have a little sit down with dad accompanied by one of Jill's lawyers.

Reactions: dalli_x

Cptlwd

Mar 7, 2023
yo thanks i did that. So how do I unlock them now. Do I have to play everything through again or am I missing something?
Bottom right has the word "cheats", if you click that there is an option to open all scenes, which you can see on your phone

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
The signatures of Maya and Derek can lose their legitimacy under the legal document if it is proven that the signatures were made by fraudulent misrepresentation of the signatories. So if it is not a normal student loan, as Patrick told Maya and Derek, then the facts of fraudulent misrepresentation are given and can be proven by Maya and Derek, witnesses. The signatures of Maya and Derek therefore lose their validity.

Furthermore, Patrick uses the contract to blackmail Maya. This could lead to the contract being rescinded, as it constitutes blackmail. However, there is a catch, because Patrick could be convicted of blackmail. In this case, it is up to Maya to decide whether she wants to go down this route or not. It's important to remember that Maya knows that her mother Helen is dependent on Patrick and that her father would probably collapse. The only way out of this dilemma would be for Maya to get a lawyer involved and for the lawyer to put pressure on Patrick to pay Maya's tuition fees without Maya having to take the final step of pressing charges for blackmail. But in any case, the relationship between Maya and her father Patrick would be destroyed.
I'm half convinced they didn't sign actual loan docs because the loans aren't showing up on credit reports - and they would - and DPC tells us about that as a clue.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I understand your reasoning, but I don't agree with it. I tried another game about a week ago and liked it. As I became a patreon for that developer as well. The amazing thing is for this developer to have started a vote in which he wanted to know what a Patreons want.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You should also keep in mind that BaDIK's EPs are huge. You can't really compare them to the size of another VN's updates. Rather, an EP from BaDIK is now a complete other VN in terms of size.

DPC himself wrote in his Q&A to have some idea for another game after BaDIK. Many fans of AL felt that DPC ended AL too hastily. I think DPC doesn't want to make this mistake again.
You say you don't agree but you don't really explain why.

It's pretty plain. AVN after AVN has complaint after complaint of devs milking projects. Going incommunicado/radio silent. Taking their old sweet time making a game.

Patreon does not offer a contract or rebates. You don't have to start a project with clear goals and timelines and be held liable by your financial backers if you don't meet them. Patreon is a subscription service. And that, along with the trend to make just about everything a subscription service, means people lose track of them easily. It's one reason I don't use it and would rather do things like the Buy Me a Coffee.

So yeah, I can see the trend and BaDIK falls into that trend, with dev times getting longer and longer and people complaining about vague, uninformative updates that don't deliver clear goals or deadlines.

Now, if you have an argument for why Patreon *does* incentivize quick development times for AVN's I'm all ears.

• Thinking Face

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

It's pretty plain. AVN after AVN has complaint after complaint of devs milking projects. Going incommunicado/radio silent. Taking their old sweet time making a game.

Patreon does not offer a contract or rebates. You don't have to start a project with clear goals and timelines and be held liable by your financial backers if you don't meet them. Patreon is a subscription service. And that, along with the trend to make just about everything a subscription service, means people lose track of them easily. It's one reason I don't use it and would rather do things like the Buy Me a Coffee.

So yeah, I can see the trend and BaDIK falls into that trend, with dev times getting longer and longer and people complaining about vague, uninformative updates that don't deliver clear goals or deadlines.

Now, if you have an argument for why Patreon *does* incentivize quick development times for AVN's I'm all ears.
I don't like the word milking and there are reasons for that. A lot of people in this thread are not patreons and are not milked. The patreons who pay and feel milked are themselves to blame and want to be milked. If they don't want to be milked anymore, nobody can stop them from resigning from their Patreon account. Ergo, DPC or Patreon is not milking anyone per se. That is pure logic.

It's another thing to be frustrated with the long wait. That's me too. I would like to have a new EP from BaDIK every day. But here you should be a realist and know that it takes time and what DPC is giving us is undeniably the best he can give us. This thread is proof enough.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's the cunning thing Patrick did. He wouldn't need guarantors because his credit rating is excellent and the loans will be from Finnman Bank as soon as the MC responds to the loan documents. This bank is the house bank of Patrick's car dealership and his loans and invoice are all paid. Ergo, he has an excellent reputation with Finnman Bank. He would get the loans even without Maya and Derek's signature. So why did he have Maya and Derek sign?

He wants to control his children Maya and Derek. He takes advantage of their parental trust and ignorance about loans. DPC shows us what Patrick was once like some 20 years ago, but it also shows us what Patrick is like 20 years later.
You have not understood. The signature of a person without earnings or property is of no value to the bank, whether Patrick needs it or not.

The existence of this trust fund would not change anything, in the end it is Patrick's money too, so he is still the guarantor

whiterabbit23

May 22, 2017
any idea how to stop the game from just closing after having sex with Quinn in the car? i'm in bed saying ah so good to get some rest and the game just closes....

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I understand your reasoning, but I don't agree with it. I tried another game about a week ago and liked it. As I became a patreon for that developer as well. The amazing thing is for this developer to have started a vote in which he wanted to know what a Patreons want.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You should also keep in mind that BaDIK's EPs are huge. You can't really compare them to the size of another VN's updates. Rather, an EP from BaDIK is now a complete other VN in terms of size.

DPC himself wrote in his Q&A to have some idea for another game after BaDIK. Many fans of AL felt that DPC ended AL too hastily. I think DPC doesn't want to make this mistake again.
Considering how AL ended I don't think anyone wanted that to go on any long the last two eps are very hard to get through

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
The first playthrough of this game made me realise how clueless I was at playing it.
I guess it needs a second attempt. I also massively rate Isabelle the librarian over all the other girls in it.
In case you wondered. :D

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I'm half convinced they didn't sign actual loan docs because the loans aren't showing up on credit reports - and they would - and DPC tells us about that as a clue.
Yeah, that's probably it. Basically, Maya has no way out. She can't accuse her father of fraud, otherwise he'll be arrested and unable to follow Helen. Not to mention that this whole blackmail situation, if it gets to Helen, will be a serious blow to her.
So the obvious options to solve this dialectic are several.
1) Derek drops out of college and goes home to take care of Helen while Patrick gets arrested.
2) Helen dies and Patrick no longer has power over Maya. Sounds cruel, but only if Helen dies will she be free.
I don't see any positive outcome to this whole story either way.
P.S. I wonder what kind of landmine DPС put under Sage.

• Thinking Face

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
It's pretty rich that Sarah shames the DIKs by posting the pics of their pics posted outside the dorms. Why does Sarah go to the dorms? She doesn't live there. She goes to the dorms to suck dick through a glory hole for Quinn's restaurant. So fuck you, Sarah. You're a lying bitch and if the cops weren't here I'd spit in your face.

screenshot0033.png

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: 1426136081

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023

I don't want to be the devil's advocate, but I don't know of any developers who post reports every week.
Even when there is no development information, he still posts a status update every Friday. Not to mention posting previews, polls, and the annual Q&A.
I certainly wish his status updates were more complete or he kept some sort of progress chart like other developers do, but otherwise I have no complaints about him.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It's pretty rich that Sarah shames the DIKs by posting the pics of their pics posted outside the dorms. Why does Sarah go to the dorms? She doesn't live there. She goes to the dorms to suck dick through a glory hole for Quinn's restaurant. So fuck you, Sarah. You're a lying bitch and if the cops weren't here I'd spit in your face.

View attachment 3291748
Sarah is a horny slut that just wants cock but she way better then crab girl. That said she no where close to being as good as Josy

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I don't want to be the devil's advocate, but I don't know of any developers who post reports every week.
Exactly. And that's a weakness of the system. There's no accountability built in. Whether or not you're okay with that doesn't change this weakness. And it does end up bugging a lot of people, I see complaint after complaint on these boards about not only no status reports, but status reports that don't really tell people anything they can use to determine if the project they're giving money to is going anywhere.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Exactly. And that's a weakness of the system. There's no accountability built in. Whether or not you're okay with that doesn't change this weakness. And it does end up bugging a lot of people, I see complaint after complaint on these boards about not only no status reports, but status reports that don't really tell people anything they can use to determine if the project they're giving money to is going anywhere.
When I did work in construction it was based on completion of work. The funding for game devs is different as there will be people who appreciate the talent of the creator and want to fund their art. And then there are people who simply want to pay for a game in its entirety. I don't believe any dev releases a game with the intentions of pissing off those who enjoy their games. I don't believe any dev wants to be in a situation where people are complaining while the person is trying to be motivated artistically. If it were me, I'd probably hide under my duvet and never want to make another game again.
The other issue is real life gets in the way of game development. Many of these games are being made by people who have to allocate time around work and family, which again adds stress. All I would say is, pay what you feel is acceptable for the first part of a game and then wait patiently. I waited twenty years for George Lucas to make the prequels, and it felt like he'd shat in my eyes when I watched it. Then I later realised, it was his creation after all, and whatever subjective opinion I had meant zero.

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
You always have a choice. You can delete the game, clear the history and just wait for the game to be released in steam in a few years. And I think that's a good option, because you'll just forget about it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I didn't write about trust funds and you don't understand or.

Patrick concludes two contracts with Finnman Bank for Maya and Derek. A bank may decide for itself whether to grant a loan with or without a guarantee. Even if a bank wants a guarantee, the bank is not obliged to check the creditworthiness of any guarantors. A homeless person can be a guarantor. Does that make sense? Of course not, but that's the law.

Isabella explicitly asks Maya if Maya has looked at her credit report and Maya replied that her credit report was not available. I assume Isabella meant the student credit report and so did Maya. That is actually proof that it is not a student loan.

So it will be a normal loan from Finnman Bank and Maya and Derek have signed. As I wrote above, a bank does not have to check a guarantor's creditworthiness. Given Patrick's financial standing and reputation with this Finland bank (which is also the dealership's house bank), it is very likely that they did not check Patrick's children. Patrick's credit rating and reputation are excellent and the guarantors are his children. Furthermore, one should not forget that Patrick has high-quality vehicles in his dealership. The bank can also seize these vehicles if necessary.
Does the bank not check the solvency of guarantors? Are you dreaming? Even illegal moneylenders do some checks

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes