DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
i don't know. it seems to me much, much, easier to be a good writer than an excellent psychologist.

to arouse great emotions does not require who knows what psychological skill, there are great universal themes to which it is difficult to remain indifferent. there are "mediocre" movies or books that nevertheless excite easily. and in BADIK some of the scenes that should have been the strongest from that point of view are also the most criticized, much more often DPC has been successful with minor scenes that have succeeded very well.

then on the development of the characters, I don't think it's such an objective success
I agree, DPC can be fairly inconsistent with his writing with scene's ranging from excellent to cringeworthy.

As to being a psychologist, didn't we hear before that he was a game dev for one of the AAA companies? Just how many careers can he have?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
:unsure:. ep 9, during the cum-petition, the first one start good, and then the second is less good.
ep 10, you know When Josy Rapes You, the starting song Insomniac, is really good, but then the song during the actual " Rape scene " is really well, nothing. :sleep:
Josy Rapes you, lol, it still triggers you :LOL:
~
That rap song during the cum-petition, I don't like it myself. But it's maybe just me, I don't like the genre.

You have the bench scene with Rio, where he use the Same " more than Friends " song for rio, despite he used for Josy and Maya threesome, it didn't make sense to use the same emotional song for Rio.
, their connection totally different that song simply not fit to that scenario and then the second song is immediately some party song anyway.

look he has some good moments, 4-5 times, with 10 episode and over 5 years development, but to call him "an excellent psychologist" just because he was able to pick fitting song for a couple of scenes to increas the " emotional level " of the scene, is a bit of Reach dont you think?
DPC’s work with emotions is not only the soundtrack, it’s the scenes themselves that are touching and stay in the memory. Sage confesses about her adoptive parents. Jill's flashback about her sister when MC throws rocks at her window. Ending of Ep.7. Or the ending of Ep.10. Also endings with cliffhangers, which are often criticized here. It's all aare playing with emotions.
I could remember more, but I'm sleepy and need a liter of coffee. :ROFLMAO:

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
DPC may not be the best writer in the genre, but he is an excellent psychologist. His strong point is the development of characters and, in general, characters are the hallmark of this game. DPC also works amazingly with the emotions of players. I have heard many stories of scenes that made people cry and empathize with the characters; he is good at working in the area of "gray morality".
there are real suspicions that this is a lived experience, or maybe he has a degree in psychology. It’s a coincidence that you guys came across a psychotherapist who is familiar with his game; this is probably a one in a million chance. World is full of miracles.
When he was talking about his experience with women, I think he probably meant more about his medical experience than his relationship experience. He might have worked as a therapist or psychologist, and he probably took stories from his clients. That's why the characters in the show seem so real.
My second thought was that maybe DPC is a woman himself, which would explain his fixation on lesbians and his female understanding of friendship. It would also explain his histrionic and emotionally unstable reactions to everything.

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I agree, DPC can be fairly inconsistent with his writing with scene's ranging from excellent to cringeworthy.

As to being a psychologist, didn't we hear before that he was a game dev for one of the AAA companies? Just how many careers can he have?
I don't remember him talking about it. He only said that he worked in an office and was involved in programming.

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Josy Rapes you, lol, it still triggers you :LOL:
~
That rap song during the cum-petition, I don't like it myself. But it's maybe just me, I don't like the genre.

DPC’s work with emotions is not only the soundtrack, it’s the scenes themselves that are touching and stay in the memory. Sage confesses about her adoptive parents. Jill's flashback about her sister when MC throws rocks at her window. Ending of Ep.7. Or the ending of Ep.10. Also endings with cliffhangers, which are often criticized here. It's all aare playing with emotions.
I could remember more, but I'm sleepy and need a liter of coffee. :ROFLMAO:
If I had to pick the best scenes in the game, I guess I'd only remember 3 or 4. Most of the rest are decent at best.

The Sage scene isn't my favorite. It's way too drawn out. If I had to choose the best Sage scene, it would probably be the short guitar sсene in episode 5. Also, DPC has been getting worse at stretching scenes lately. The pool scene with Sage was way too long, with a lot of pointless chatter that didn't lead to anything happening. His dialogues were pretty poorly written, to be honest. I don't mind long dialogue scenes per se, but they need to be cool.

Episode 10 has way too many boring, empty scenes that could be cut without losing quality. The party in episode 10 was one of the most dull. Everyone was just talking and talking, but it was all really bad.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
When he was talking about his experience with women, I think he probably meant more about his medical experience than his relationship experience. He might have worked as a therapist or psychologist, and he probably took stories from his clients. That's why the characters in the show seem so real.
My second thought was that maybe DPC is a woman himself, which would explain his fixation on lesbians and his female understanding of friendship. It would also explain his histrionic and emotionally unstable reactions to everything.
Or maybe he just offers popular content, many people like lesbian moments and a significant part of the audience finds it hot. So he can just use the most popular kinks.
He mentioned this in the last Q&A, some people asked him for feet content, to which he noted that this is a small audience that is insolvent, such fetishes are quite marginal and he will not waste resources on it. Because they are not paying.
This, ofc, doesn't negate the theory that he worked in therapy with women, or communicated with them a lot, I’m just adding a commercial rationale. But DPC as a woman? Doubt.
If I had to pick the best scenes in the game, I guess I'd only remember 3 or 4. Most of the rest are decent at best.

The Sage scene isn't my favorite. It's way too drawn out. If I had to choose the best Sage scene, it would probably be the short guitar sсene in episode 5. Also, DPC has been getting worse at stretching scenes lately. The pool scene with Sage was way too long, with a lot of pointless chatter that didn't lead to anything happening. His dialogues were pretty poorly written, to be honest. I don't mind long dialogue scenes per se, but they need to be cool.

Episode 10 has way too many boring, empty scenes that could be cut without losing quality. The party in episode 10 was one of the most dull. Everyone was just talking and talking, but it was all really bad.
Best moment with Sage, that's easy for me.
In Ep.10, when she let it slip that she loved him, then became afraid of her words.
"-I'm still lo...like you
- What was that?
- I'm fucking misspoke, okay?!"

This was cute. Girl experiences real feelings for the first time and she's afraid of it. Overall I loved all of Sage's moments in this episode, including at the pool when they played with Cami. I would like to see such simple everyday moments more often.

Come on, Ep.10 the party becomes the best if you take mushrooms! It was damn funny, having a dose of fun is one of the reasons I play.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
DPC may not be the best writer in the genre, but he is an excellent psychologist. His strong point is the development of characters and, in general, characters are the hallmark of this game. DPC also works amazingly with the emotions of players. I have heard many stories of scenes that made people cry and empathize with the characters; he is good at working in the area of "gray morality".
there are real suspicions that this is a lived experience, or maybe he has a degree in psychology. It’s a coincidence that you guys came across a psychotherapist who is familiar with his game; this is probably a one in a million chance. World is full of miracles.
At first it seemed to me that this was a sarcasm or subtle trolling.

I agree for the most part. I doubt that the DPC has personally gone through so much shit that he tells us about in one way or another. While working as a psychologist involves the ability to "experience" and feel what patients come with in order to share and solve their problem, get an advice on how to cope with something that they care about. Such work experience can be a source of a large number of stories and experiences of other people, and most importantly, the opportunity to correctly formalize and convey such things in the characters, plot, emotions that we are dealing in the game with and the most important thing is to be able to reach and catch the player - his experiences, his personal emotions, to make sure that what he sees could touch a nerve with him, make him worry and feel something.

Just being a good writer is not enough for that. And I also think that the moments that someone calls "bad writing" or "lacks in the writing" are due to the fact that we are limited by the framework of the game and some unwritten rules, particular "patterns" of the genre or kind of "ideology" (NTR, for example) and other things that do not allows him to realize all possible ideas and scenarios, because branching and outcomes can't be infinite, and sometimes particular limitations or attempts of preventing the excessive branching may look and feel odd.

DPC work with the emotions of the characters and reflecting them on their faces and in body language too. Even the slightest changes, during the scenes also speaks volumes. An ordinary person is not so familiar with facial expressions, its meaning, and most importantly, it is not so easy to pick the right changes in facial expressions, reflect them correctly and convey them to each spoken word or sentence. Try to write a scene yourself and then "come up" with plausible and "correct" emotions for each character, correctly displaying them on their faces. Compare the result. Perhaps this is one of the magnets that attracts me to this game as well. The characters are not just a dolls that laugh or cry, you can read just a ton of emotions in each scene. And this is very important from the point of view of immersion, to make players believe what is happening on the screen.

It's like shitty amateur actors or the work of professional actors in comparison. You want to turn off a crappy movie right away, because you just "don't believe" what is happening on the screen. So it is with games. When the characters plausibly "play" their roles and correctly express emotions, it is catchy and attractive.

Indirectly, the selection of music for certain scenes is also a talent. I've discovered hundreds of great tracks and dozens of artists/bands I've never even heard of before. And even this can be attributed to a fine knowledge of psychology, because just "good taste" is not enough in this case. The music complements the scenes, making them even more emotional and memorable. And sometimes I'm really amazed at how well certain tracks are chosen.

Maricel

Jan 13, 2018
View attachment 3365884
View attachment 3365885

Her father called her "Q" which is obviously a diminutive for Quinn. Buddy, her adoptive uncle, calls her Quinn, her close friends call her Quinn but for some reason her secret real name would be "Priscilla" and Burke would be the only person on earth calling her like that ? Is that some kind of Death Note shit ? :WaitWhat:

If Quinn is "Priscilla", it's more likely that Priscilla is an Alias used only by Burke to contact her and not the other way around.

can you say that again "sweetie"?

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Bella is just trying to assert dominance over Jill.

Bella: "Ownership is 90 percent of the law. I am fucking him. He is mine. I might let you join in or have seconds. But he is mine. All mine."

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes