felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
At first it seemed to me that this was a sarcasm or subtle trolling.

I agree for the most part. I doubt that the DPC has personally gone through so much shit that he tells us about in one way or another. While working as a psychologist involves the ability to "experience" and feel what patients come with in order to share and solve their problem, get an advice on how to cope with something that they care about. Such work experience can be a source of a large number of stories and experiences of other people, and most importantly, the opportunity to correctly formalize and convey such things in the characters, plot, emotions that we are dealing in the game with and the most important thing is to be able to reach and catch the player - his experiences, his personal emotions, to make sure that what he sees could touch a nerve with him, make him worry and feel something.

Just being a good writer is not enough for that. And I also think that the moments that someone calls "bad writing" or "lacks in the writing" are due to the fact that we are limited by the framework of the game and some unwritten rules, particular "patterns" of the genre or kind of "ideology" (NTR, for example) and other things that do not allows him to realize all possible ideas and scenarios, because branching and outcomes can't be infinite, and sometimes particular limitations or attempts of preventing the excessive branching may look and feel odd.

DPC work with the emotions of the characters and reflecting them on their faces and in body language too. Even the slightest changes, during the scenes also speaks volumes. An ordinary person is not so familiar with facial expressions, its meaning, and most importantly, it is not so easy to pick the right changes in facial expressions, reflect them correctly and convey them to each spoken word or sentence. Try to write a scene yourself and then "come up" with plausible and "correct" emotions for each character, correctly displaying them on their faces. Compare the result. Perhaps this is one of the magnets that attracts me to this game as well. The characters are not just a dolls that laugh or cry, you can read just a ton of emotions in each scene. And this is very important from the point of view of immersion, to make players believe what is happening on the screen.

It's like shitty amateur actors or the work of professional actors in comparison. You want to turn off a crappy movie right away, because you just "don't believe" what is happening on the screen. So it is with games. When the characters plausibly "play" their roles and correctly express emotions, it is catchy and attractive.

Indirectly, the selection of music for certain scenes is also a talent. I've discovered hundreds of great tracks and dozens of artists/bands I've never even heard of before. And even this can be attributed to a fine knowledge of psychology, because just "good taste" is not enough in this case. The music complements the scenes, making them even more emotional and memorable. And sometimes I'm really amazed at how well certain tracks are chosen.
Imagine describing a situation in 10 words or 100 words. It is very likely that the person with 100 words will be able to convey the message better, regardless of his or her skills. The communicative advantage of badik is purely quantitative in my opinion. An average avn is as big as a chapter of badik, it does not have the time, and perhaps the interest, to communicate the same things

Reactions: dalli_x

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
I was disappointed with the lack of Quinn in the latest update.
Has anyone done all the multiple playthroughs having different girls each time?
I started with Maya / Josie. Then Sage. Tried the Bella / Jill route but a bit too romantic for my tastes lol.
Kind of fun to see the slow change of a psychotic bitch like Quinn. I will break her, as she says Broccoli over & over until she succumbs to my maggot ways & finally says I Love You

Quinn 2.png

Maricel

Jan 13, 2018
1. I only replied to one post. It wasn't my idea that this had anything to do with Cathy.
2. Every file has a timestamp.
3. Heather probably also uses weed from time to time.
4. Heather also goes to the gym.
5. Could indicate that Quinn, who doesn't want to be president of HOT, will soon disappear and the career also means that of vice president or president of HOT. Heather has ambitions in this regard.
6. Why can't the MC recognize Heather? When the MC asks Quinn who the girl is, it's definitely not Heather. But if the MC doesn't ask Quinn, he might wonder why Heather is here.
7. Matching color.
8. This is my alphabet game. TCH...Tommy's Chick Heather.

But in the end I don't care who the girl is. I only replied to one post with an idea that wasn't mine.

My common sense works better than yours. As long as something is not impossible, it is possible. Ruling something out prematurely is not common sense. If everyone were like you, then humanity would still be in the Stone Age.:rolleyes:

despite all that ridiculous toxic relationship, I wish Tommy and Heather a long and interesting life they will sure need it...

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Imagine describing a situation in 10 words or 100 words. It is very likely that the person with 100 words will be able to convey the message better, regardless of his or her skills. The communicative advantage of badik is purely quantitative in my opinion. An average avn is as big as a chapter of badik, it does not have the time, and perhaps the interest, to communicate the same things
Lord of the Rings or Song of Ice and Fire can't be written shorter or "compressed" 10x times and remain the same, being able to deliver the same feelings and emotions to the reader. A really good TV series can't be shortened to 1-2 seasons instead of 6-8 and expect it still be so loved by viewers. Same goes for BADIK and players. I don't think it's productive to compare BADIK with other AVNs. BADIK beaten all of them already and for years in advance.

If you think in such way, then you can compress any artwork - a book, a movie or a game to a couple of pages of narration, just to tell and reveal the concentrated meaning and essence. But we love all these books, games and movies mostly not only for the plot and its essence, but for the way it is presented and narrated, for the characters and actors play, for the feelings and emotions that reading, watching or playing brings and awakens in us. What is the point of depriving yourself of this feast and advocating for a "reduction" of everything? I, personally, feel that a lot of things are missing in BADIK, a bit of haste here and there and so on. I don't feel enough of what BADIK gives me, I would like more, longer and in more detail. But only in case if the updates would came out faster. At the moment, there is a balance between wait time and the amount of content released. It has always been there and the proportions remains the same over the time.

Do you think or feel that the events and narration pace in the BADIK are too delayed? That it would be possible to get us to the finale faster? Do you think it would be a good idea? Do you want a couple of revelations and cliffhangers of main plot asap or you want to continue expirience the feelings and emotions you probably loved to gain as long as possible, until you may get a feeling that things really goes too delayed?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
At first it seemed to me that this was a sarcasm or subtle trolling.

I agree for the most part. I doubt that the DPC has personally gone through so much shit that he tells us about in one way or another. While working as a psychologist involves the ability to "experience" and feel what patients come with in order to share and solve their problem, get an advice on how to cope with something that they care about. Such work experience can be a source of a large number of stories and experiences of other people, and most importantly, the opportunity to correctly formalize and convey such things in the characters, plot, emotions that we are dealing in the game with and the most important thing is to be able to reach and catch the player - his experiences, his personal emotions, to make sure that what he sees could touch a nerve with him, make him worry and feel something.

Just being a good writer is not enough for that. And I also think that the moments that someone calls "bad writing" or "lacks in the writing" are due to the fact that we are limited by the framework of the game and some unwritten rules, particular "patterns" of the genre or kind of "ideology" (NTR, for example) and other things that do not allows him to realize all possible ideas and scenarios, because branching and outcomes can't be infinite, and sometimes particular limitations or attempts of preventing the excessive branching may look and feel odd.

DPC work with the emotions of the characters and reflecting them on their faces and in body language too. Even the slightest changes, during the scenes also speaks volumes. An ordinary person is not so familiar with facial expressions, its meaning, and most importantly, it is not so easy to pick the right changes in facial expressions, reflect them correctly and convey them to each spoken word or sentence. Try to write a scene yourself and then "come up" with plausible and "correct" emotions for each character, correctly displaying them on their faces. Compare the result. Perhaps this is one of the magnets that attracts me to this game as well. The characters are not just a dolls that laugh or cry, you can read just a ton of emotions in each scene. And this is very important from the point of view of immersion, to make players believe what is happening on the screen.

It's like shitty amateur actors or the work of professional actors in comparison. You want to turn off a crappy movie right away, because you just "don't believe" what is happening on the screen. So it is with games. When the characters plausibly "play" their roles and correctly express emotions, it is catchy and attractive.

Indirectly, the selection of music for certain scenes is also a talent. I've discovered hundreds of great tracks and dozens of artists/bands I've never even heard of before. And even this can be attributed to a fine knowledge of psychology, because just "good taste" is not enough in this case. The music complements the scenes, making them even more emotional and memorable. And sometimes I'm really amazed at how well certain tracks are chosen.
Well, I don’t agree with some of his decisions, DPC lives in a kind of “bubble” where he is always right and often makes wrong decisions because of this, but in general there is no fault with this - he knows how to work with characters and emotions, his facial expressions are strong side (except for Jill, but that’s the model’s fault, she’s cursed).
I remembered the moment when Zoey got a tattoo, and this pain and discomfort was worked out to the smallest detail with a couple of dozen renders.
But for some locals, admitting that DPC does something well is a crime. It’s weird that they continue to play the game, it’s like “the mice cried, injected themselves, but continued to eat the cactus.” :LOL:

Mar 2, 2022
As we await the unveiling of new episode, it piqued my curiosity to discern the interval between the official release and the debut of the new episodes first preview.
To satisfy this curiosity, I’ve compiled a table with relevant information.
Episode​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
I​
9​
10​
11​
Prev Episode -> First Preview
30 Days
18 Days
25 Days
48 Days
19 Days
16 Days
37 Days
18 Days
5 Days
18 Days
74 Days
% of Development Time
35%
17%
17%
34%
11%
10%
18%
17%
2%
5%
Last Preview -> First Preview
35 Days
20 Days
32 Days
77 Days
29 Days
38 Days
48 Days
34 Days
15 Days
35 Days
96 Days

Last edited:

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
As we await the unveiling of new episode, it piqued my curiosity to discern the interval between the official release and the debut of the new episodes first preview.
To satisfy this curiosity, I’ve compiled a table with relevant information.
Episode​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
I​
9​
10​
Prev Episode -> First Preview
30 Days
18 Days
25 Days
48 Days
19 Days
16 Days
37 Days
18 Days
5 Days
18 Days
For context we find ourselves at the 74-day mark since the release of episode 10, eagerly anticipating the arrival of our first preview later this week.
Great, and I would suggest to add 2 dates, the date from release of previous episode AND the date from last preview of previous episode. 74-day mark since the release of EP10, but 97 days since the last preview of EP10.

Aaand taad-daam!!

preview.JPG

:KEK: He definitely found the spoiler free option. Lynette will work out quite good too.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Lord of the Rings or Song of Ice and Fire can't be written shorter or "compressed" 10x times and remain the same, being able to deliver the same feelings and emotions to the reader. A really good TV series can't be shortened to 1-2 seasons instead of 6-8 and expect it still be so loved by viewers. Same goes for BADIK and players. I don't think it's productive to compare BADIK with other AVNs. BADIK beaten all of them already and for years in advance.

If you think in such way, then you can compress any artwork - a book, a movie or a game to a couple of pages of narration, just to tell and reveal the concentrated meaning and essence. But we love all these books, games and movies mostly not only for the plot and its essence, but for the way it is presented and narrated, for the characters and actors play, for the feelings and emotions that reading, watching or playing brings and awakens in us. What is the point of depriving yourself of this feast and advocating for a "reduction" of everything? I, personally, feel that a lot of things are missing in BADIK, a bit of haste here and there and so on. I don't feel enough of what BADIK gives me, I would like more, longer and in more detail. But only in case if the updates would came out faster. At the moment, there is a balance between wait time and the amount of content released. It has always been there and the proportions remains the same over the time.

Do you think or feel that the events and narration pace in the BADIK are too delayed? That it would be possible to get us to the finale faster? Do you think it would be a good idea? Do you want a couple of revelations and cliffhangers of main plot asap or you want to continue expirience the feelings and emotions you probably loved to gain as long as possible, until you may get a feeling that things really goes too delayed?
You missed the point entirely. Of course you can communicate well in a few words, but that requires great skill. But when you communicate in many more 'words' than others, communicating more is the least you can achieve.

I did not say anything about any superfluous parts, pacing or anything else as it would appear from your reply....

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
LOL., :LOL: This is more funny, than when One user asked him under one of his polls for some lewd scenes, that : " Who the Fuck is Madam?! "
:whistle::ROFLMAO:
Nobody gives a fuck about Lana. No one even remembers her face. The only thing everyone plays the Jill route for is to fuck Bianca and Jill's hot mom.
Nobody gives a fuck about Jill and her fucking problems.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes