felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Then why did Maya say no strings attach for all of us, they can not be together and still be no strings attach at the same time. Maya is not committed to Josy when she says that. Maya words would make zero sense if she was committed to Josy when she said that
Because you are the one who is understanding it in a way that doesn't make sense.

MC asks if he should stop dating other girls, and Maya responds to this concern by giving the string talk
these strings are supposed to tie MC to the girls, but no, MC does what he believes and the girls will not judge him for it.

how can you say the girls are not committed to each other? what nonsense--they are a couple with many difficulties but they are a couple without any doubt. they fight just like couples do, not friends

Reactions: Kpyna

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Of course you're the intolerant one. Why don't you tolerate me only wanting the one branch? That is intolerant. I don't care how others play BaDIK. If they do, I don't care.

I shouldn't be able to avoid facts. Who wrote it so that 6 months have passed at BaDIK, who wrote it so that Mel knows about Josy and Maya's relationship. Who assumes that dating in the USA has to be the same as anywhere else in the world? Who assumes that so Josy, Maya and the MC can always use Maya's room without thinking about the fact that Patrick still has the key to Maya's room. Who assumes this is so that Maya can enjoy freedom since moving out of her parents' house. Who assumes that all relationships at the age of 18-19 are doomed to failure. Who assumes that becoming a DIK means being an asshole and not a brother of the DIK brotherhood, which is what the MC achieved in EP5.

The fact is that that was my first sentence at the beginning of the original post in this discussion.
"I have a thought, but it's not a theory."

You just respond with intolerance and distorting facts, trying to offend and failing. Just a tip, not a ban. Just don't answer if you can't respond properly.
No I haven't ! You are either to sensitive or you took it the wrong way. My main point was that they're 19 year old kids who barely know eachother, haven't articulated the wish to live together even once which makes that "thought" highly unlikely and unrealistic. That was it.

And then came your "intolerant" crusade. Why can't you just say "yea it is unrealistic, but I would really like if something like that happens" ?

I don't know what happens and neither do you, but it has to be possible to discuss if a "thought" or theory makes no sense in the reality that's presented in the game as of now.

The game offers a solution, it was a canon part of Episode 10 to get a hold of that contract, that's the solution presented in the game.

You make it sound like I pick on you for the fun of it, and that's so not true. It's just when you articulate an idea or thought that goes A while the games goes Z, someone just has to put that thought into context.

You can hope for whatever you want to happen, I want everyone to get exactly what they want from the game, I don't prefer any path, but it has to be within reason or start with "Wouldn't it be awesome...", otherwise you're discussing a game that none of us had a chance to play.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
do not understand that I'm implying that I want all that, I'm just stating a fact... can't know how is in other parts unless you've been there...
The facts are telling us that the most despicable students are members of the other frats.

Most nerds are despicable and annoying people. A few jocks and preps are. The only despicable DIK is Tommy.

In fact, the nerds are the worst.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
The MC has known Josy alone for at least 8 months, they had their first sex 6 months ago and at that time the MC also met Maya and also became sexual with her.
If college begun in September, then 2 months that MC knew Josy is July and August. Story in the current moment of time is at Thanksgiving (~ last week of November). So, almost 5 months for Josy and less than 3 months for Maya.

Reactions: dalli_x

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Because you are the one who is understanding it in a way that doesn't make sense.

MC asks if he should stop dating other girls, and Maya responds to this concern by giving the string talk
these strings are supposed to tie MC to the girls, but no, MC does what he believes and the girls will not judge him for it.

how can you say the girls are not committed to each other? what nonsense--they are a couple with many difficulties but they are a couple without any doubt. they fight just like couples do, not friends
Maya said no strings attach for all of them not just for MC. They all three are trying to figure out what it is they want not just MC but Josy and Maya too. If a girl says no strings attach for all of us that means there is no committed at all. They really fuck buddies at this point Josy and Maya was super close to breaking up and two days passing is not going to make that go away. If Maya was truly committed to Josy right then she wouldn't had say no strings for all of us. Maya could have dated another girl or guy during that time if she wanted to same for Josy. To call Josy and Maya couple at that point would be a very poor understanding of what is going on

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maya said no strings attach for all of them not just for MC. They all three are trying to figure out what it is they want not just MC but Josy and Maya too. If a girl says no strings attach for all of us that means there is no committed at all. They really fuck buddies at this point Josy and Maya was super close to breaking up and two days passing is not going to make that go away. If Maya was truly committed to Josy right then she wouldn't had say no strings for all of us. Maya could have dated another girl or guy during that time if she wanted to same for Josy. To call Josy and Maya couple at that point would be a very poor understanding of what is going on
here I explained why the strings are not there for either MC or girls, the strings are supposed to unite them, if bMC doesn't have them the girls can't have them either.
Maya is responding to MC's concern.

Are you aware of Maya or Josy wanting to date other people?

Reactions: Kpyna

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
For me, the library scene is pretty symbolic. It's not just funny that their serious talk in ep 4 happens in a messy, dirty room – it's also funny that their next serious talk will happen in the same place, which is the MC's room.Where it all started, there it all ends. That's a bit strange, because DPC could have done more with that scene. But maybe he, who likes dramatic scenes and cinematic flair, saved it for the end of ep 12 when they all come back to the MC's room and decide to go their separate ways. There will be lots of tears and emotion, although of course DPC'll has to really work at it. After ep 7, there weren't any major conflicts in their relationship, except for a few fancy phrases and omissions.

Reactions: AmaroPargo

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
In EP4 the MC can only befriend Josy and Maya. Then Maya's saying makes sense because Josy and Maya have feelings for the MC and the decision lies with the MC. Individual routes.

On the Throuple Path in EP5, Derek can give the appropriate answer in advance when chatting with the MC. Women say one thing and mean another. Maya doesn't want the MC and/or Josy to cheat on her with someone else. Maya and Josy don't see sex with the MC as cheating, as we find out in EP4.
This is only a throuple thing anything off path doesn't make sense here. No strings no relationship I don't think Maya even fully understands what she said but by saying no strings she isn't Josy girlfriend just someone to have sex with

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
here I explained why the strings are not there for either MC or girls, the strings are supposed to unite them, if bMC doesn't have them the girls can't have them either.

Maya is responding to MC's concern.

Are you aware of Maya or Josy wanting to date other people?
Maya said no strings for all of them, that means MC, Josy and Maya can date and fuck any one they want during that time until they figure what they want. Most of the time when someone in a no strings relationship it means they just in it for the sex, which Josy did say we should take things emotionally slow. You have zero commitments in a no strings relationship they very very casual MC, Josy and Maya are pretty much starting out the same way Sage and MC did they just not putting a name on it.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Maya said no strings for all of them, that means MC, Josy and Maya can date and fuck any one they want during that time until they figure what they want. Most of the time when someone in a no strings relationship it means they just in it for the sex, which Josy did say we should take things emotionally slow. You have zero commitments in a no strings relationship they very very casual MC, Josy and Maya are pretty much starting out the same way Sage and MC did they just not putting a name on it.
Maya and Josy must have agreed to an exclusive relationship, otherwise what either of them did with the MC wouldn't have been cheating or a reason for concern.

However Maya doesn't wanna lock in the MC, so she gives him a free pass and Josy agrees to it begrudgingly, but that doesn't apply to Josy. However Josy AND Maya could hook up with another dude and that would be fair play.

But you are right that the throuple at that point is the same as Sage and the MC being fuck buddies it only gets real in Episode 9.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Maya and Josy must have agreed to an exclusive relationship, otherwise what either of them did with the MC wouldn't have been cheating or a reason for concern.

However Maya doesn't wanna lock in the MC, so she gives him a free pass and Josy agrees to it begrudgingly, but that doesn't apply to Josy. However Josy AND Maya could hook up with another dude and that would be fair play.

But you are right that the throuple at that point is the same as Sage and the MC being fuck buddies it only gets real in Episode 9.
Agian Maya say said no strings attach for all of us those are her words so it goes to all of them. If Josy wanted to she could had gone had a date with someone mc isn't the only one getting the deal he just the only one that acted on it. But all means all

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
If supply and demand is how you determine price in germany, renting prices must be through the roof... :D
Oh yeah they are... if i would move out, i could not afford the same m² again anywhere. Neighbour moved out, the apartment now costs about double for the next one moving in. Its crazy.

But... thats all way to off topic and serious :D

• Wow
Reactions: TREXrg and TimHawk
Aug 29, 2023
If a girl says no strings attached, it’s for one of three reasons:
  1. She intends to fuck other people.
  2. She figures the guy wants to fuck other people, and fears she might lose him if she demands monogamy from him already.
  3. She otherwise doesn’t expect this relationship to last, so she’s softening the blow.
In Maya’s case, I’m sure she said “no strings attached” for the second reason. The MC hangs out with her fuckboy brother, and has just joined a fuckboy fraternity, so it stands to reason he’s a fuckboy too. She feels she’s gotta ease him into monogamy—or bigamy, as the case may be.

And to a lesser degree it’s also the third. Maya’s grown used to being shat upon, so she figures it’ll hurt less if she doesn’t keep her expectations high.

Which is why she’s overjoyed when the MC decides, in episode 9, he wants strings. It’s what she wanted too, but didn’t permit herself to hope too much. But she did want strings. She did want the MC. And Josy. No one else.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
If a girl says no strings attached, it’s for one of three reasons:
  1. She intends to fuck other people.
  2. She figures the guy wants to fuck other people, and fears she might lose him if she demands monogamy from him already.
  3. She otherwise doesn’t expect this relationship to last, so she’s softening the blow.
In Maya’s case, I’m sure she said “no strings attached” for the second reason. The MC hangs out with her fuckboy brother, and has just joined a fuckboy fraternity, so it stands to reason he’s a fuckboy too. She feels she’s gotta ease him into monogamy—or bigamy, as the case may be.

And to a lesser degree it’s also the third. Maya’s grown used to being shat upon, so she figures it’ll hurt less if she doesn’t keep her expectations high.

Which is why she’s overjoyed when the MC decides, in episode 9, he wants strings. It’s what she wanted too, but didn’t permit herself to hope too much. But she did want strings. She did want the MC. And Josy. No one else.
It was still the same thing for all of them but you are right Maya wanted both, that said it feels like she wants one more then the other since she more comfortable with MC then Josy

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
The facts are telling us that the most despicable students are members of the other frats.

Most nerds are despicable and annoying people. A few jocks and preps are. The only despicable DIK is Tommy.

yeah, those nerds are sneaky bastards.

KageViper

Jul 15, 2022
Quick question, I moved to a new computer, how do I carry over my scenes and rewards unlocked in ep 9? everything shows as locked in the game.

I'm running 10.1. I've tried copying the persistant file from 9.1 to the saves folder but everything is still locked.

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Derek's saying makes sense. Many women say one thing and mean another. Isabella put it differently in EP2. "Reverse psychology". Even Josy was surprised by Maya's saying.
And Josy should be surprised by what Maya said because even if Maya wants both or thinks she wants both Josy and MC she left her options open for not having them or just having one

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022

I'd argue the jocks are the worst by far. The jocks vandalized our mansion. Twice. Chad cheated on Sage, stole MC's guitar, and attacked MC from behind like a pussy. Dawe threw a soda can at Cathy, attacked MC, sucker-punched Jamie, spread the Cathy flyers around, and pissed in the HOT's pool. The only nerd we've seen do anything really wrong was that one creepy little guy peeping on people fucking.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Then why did Maya say no strings attach for all of us, they can not be together and still be no strings attach at the same time. Maya is not committed to Josy when she says that her words would make zero sense if she was
Let's restore the chronology of events and what they meant.

1. What choice do all three make in the library scene at the end of episode 4? 2 girls are staying as is in a couple, because they already decided it and MC stays only a friend to them, OR our MC joins them and they all together forms a 3-way relationship.

2. That particular conversation after hang out in EP5 end. Girls is concerned how serious MC is about them, because if it won't work out they may all lost each other. Maya grants MC free pass to explore his feelings and speaks about those "no strings attached".

3. We know that the girls in most of such games and this particular one is not dating anyone else and are not able to. So, obviously, under the "to all of us" meant that girls are also shouldn't be attached with strings to MC. Maya meant that it should happen naturally and with time. That was her main idea - to not force somebody (MC mostly) and let it happen naturally. And once again, ALL MGs in this game kinda like or love our MC (we know it). Josy at the beginning said - "let's take it slow", but she can't. Same happenes with Maya, she falls hard on MC, but she just blabber much less than Josy. So, J&M strings to MC are already strongly attached and at their maximum at the end of EP8. That's why the disaster happenes if MC picks someone else. The last word was for MC and his choice, they had already made their choice a long time ago.

4. In EP9 MC tells them that HIS strings are strongly formed and attached to them and asks them is it mutual and are they feel the same way for him (naive guy, lol). J&M are not accepting each other at that moment, because they don't have to accept and commit to each other, they are already a couple. It's MC, who is committing to both of them. And they are quite happy to hear it and it's a great relief, because all this time since EP4 they were kinda hanged.

Quick question, I moved to a new computer, how do I carry over my scenes and rewards unlocked in ep 9? everything shows as locked in the game.

I'm running 10.1. I've tried copying the persistant file from 9.1 to the saves folder but everything is still locked.
Press Win key + R, popup window "run" will appear. Type there %appdata% and press enter
Your profile user data dir will open in explorer. Navigate to: \RenPy\BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494

Copy all your saves AND persistent file from Season 3 game dir into the dir mentioned above.

Files are always synced, but "appdata" storage always have a priority over game dir. It's quite smart, because you can accidently delete your game dir, but saves will be safe still. In your case you wiped the system disk and OS, but saved your saves and game files. Just put save files in right place now.

Last edited:

marshalberlin

Oct 28, 2020
How to get the scene with Quinn in the car in e10? I did everything according to the instructions, but then we just walk. I can’t figure out where I screwed up.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes