PepegaPagChomp

Dec 20, 2021
Sage isn't a Burgmeister (the B in B&R) she's a Burke and her adopted father manages the scholarships for the college so is best placed to offer the kind of help that would get Maya a scholarship, as far as we know the Burgmeisters and Royces are pretty hands off when it comes to running the college and if Jill had asked for her parents' help they'd have likely directed her to Burke.
Oh, i confused Burgermeister with Burke. My bad. My other points are still standing, though. She could have offered finacial help. If not for the entire tuition, at least a small amout to get some weight off Mayas shoulders and to make her independent from her father. But to be fair, that ones on all of Mayas friends. MC still has the 5k from his mother, right? He only used a small amout of it to fund the gym card. Instead of giving her some of the money to buy her some time until she can get a job to pay for herself, he decided to break into the office to steal the documents. I'm still interested in the story and i'm excited for EP11, but i think the gang could have handled some things very differently. They're probably just young and naive, but still.

• Hey there
Reactions: dalli_x

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Oh, i confused Burgermeister with Burke. My bad. My other points are still standing, though. She could have offered finacial help. If not for the entire tuition, at least a small amout to get some weight off Mayas shoulders and to make her independent from her father. But to be fair, that ones on all of Mayas friends. MC still has the 5k from his mother, right? He only used a small amout of it to fund the gym card. Instead of giving her some of the money to buy her some time until she can get a job to pay for herself, he decided to break into the office to steal the documents. I'm still interested in the story and i'm excited for EP11, but i think the gang could have handled some things very differently. They're probably just young and naive, but still.
First, Jill isn't rich. Jill's parents are rich and I hope she has enough respect for her parents not to ask them to open their check books to every sob story she happens to come across.

Second, It was an ancestor of the Royce's who co-founded the college, most likely by giving a large endowment. The college is, most probably, a separate entity in itself and not the Royce or Burgmeister families.

Third, Jill's parents are, again most likely but we don't know for sure, not the entire Royce family and we don't know for sure just how rich they are, or how much influence they have over the college.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jimbro and dalli_x

PepegaPagChomp

Dec 20, 2021
wait should I drag the 1.0 files over to my 8.3 folder or is it separate from the rest?
Season 1/2 and season 3 interlude+ep10 are two different games. You install them in different folders, then you play S1/2 to the end, where the game will give you the option to export saves to use in s3. After that you'll start s3, import your save with the ingame import button and then you can load it up like before and play from there.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
First, Jill isn't rich. Jill's parents are rich and I hope she has enough respect for her parents not to ask them to open their check books to every sob story she happens to come across.

Second, It was an ancestor of the Royce's who co-founded the college, most likely by giving a large endowment. The college is, most probably, a separate entity in itself and not the Royce or Burgmeister families.

Third, Jill's parents are, again most likely but we don't know for sure, not the entire Royce family and we don't know for sure just how rich they are, or how much influence they have over the college.
it's not even that clear how rich they really are. they have a major last name, but Jill's father is shown to us as a man who covers himself in ridicule in order to set up some partnership with anyone he meets at the preps party, we know that mourning for Lana has caused him to slip into alcoholism, and it falls to her mother to manage the family business.

very likely that they can still be considered enough wealthy (compared to MC, Maya etc), but I don't have these certainties that they can consider themselves really wealthy, even vis-à-vis a recently enriched like Burke

Reactions: dalli_x and DavDR

Joshuam303

Feb 27, 2020
Season 1/2 and season 3 interlude+ep10 are two different games. You install them in different folders, then you play S1/2 to the end, where the game will give you the option to export saves to use in s3. After that you'll start s3, import your save with the ingame import button and then you can load it up like before and play from there.
thanks!

PepegaPagChomp

Dec 20, 2021

Yes, Jill isn't rich, her parents are, probably. When i said "Jill's rich" i meant "She and/or her family". Could have been more specific there, true. I just think Jill offering Maya to ask her parents for some financial support would fit her character, as she's a really nice person that always wants to help. Instead she's now just sitting next to her friends while they are making questionable plans to get the documents back. I think it's just weird that noone ever thought of that option.

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Yes, Jill isn't rich, her parents are, probably. When i said "Jill's rich" i meant "She and/or her family". Could have been more specific there, true. I just think Jill offering Maya to ask her parents for some financial support would fit her character, as she's a really nice person that always wants to help. Instead she's now just sitting next to her friends while they are making questionable plans to get the documents back. I think it's just weird that noone ever thought of that option.
Why would Jill ask her parents to help Maya, a person she barely knows? Also, depending on the branch, Maya is a person who lied to Jill's boyfriend or is in a relationship with the guy that Jill wants, why help her?

Reactions: dalli_x and jimbro

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Why would Jill ask her parents to help Maya, a person she barely knows? Also, depending on the branch, Maya is a person who lied to Jill's boyfriend or is in a relationship with the guy that Jill wants, why help her?
Also, given how Jill just heard about Maya's dilemma, she may believe that any money would be wasted trying to educate a girl that dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: jimbro

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Because the plot that DPC wrote and extended for three seasons demands it. :HideThePain:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We're talking a figure in the region of 20k€.... I don't think that's a simple favour to do for a semi-stranger.

Reactions: dalli_x and DavDR

PepegaPagChomp

Dec 20, 2021
Also, given how Jill just heard about Maya's dilemma, she may believe that any money would be wasted trying to educate a girl that dumb.
So you think Jill, a person thats nice enough to not report Tybalt after finding him with that watermelon, which she hates if we can belive Sage, is rude enough to think helping Maya would be wasted money? Even AFTER she already offered the help of her familys lawer? I don't know, dude..

RangaTheBanga

Mar 1, 2023
how do i continue from my last save from the end of episode 9? I keep getting an error when i load my save and it just takes me to the start of episode 9

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes