Jessalu412

Jan 24, 2019
Great to have a girl input. Before I knew what really happened at the ending scene of 0.1, I was upset with Maya too, but I forgave her soon enough. That's what's great about this game; it makes you feel something towards the characters, whether you like them or not.
Yeah, i already know what happened, but still doesn't change my mind. I'm not a very easily swayed kind of person lol. I'll probably play through what's there so far, but this game is probably the most male oriented game i've tried on here so far. It's very "dude! bro!" and what not lol. Derek isn't very funny at all to me, just super annoying. I literally just want to sabotage the entire college and go hang out with cool dad and josy. :LOL:

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah, i already know what happened, but still doesn't change my mind. I'm not a very easily swayed kind of person lol. I'll probably play through what's there so far, but this game is probably the most male oriented game i've tried on here so far. It's very "dude! bro!" and what not lol. Derek isn't very funny at all to me, just super annoying. I literally just want to sabotage the entire college and go hang out with cool dad and josy. :LOL:
Yeah, I understand. Guys' jokes must be annoying to you. But stick around a bit more, there may be some stuff that you might like, such as the scenes with Jill and Bella. :)

Reactions: yngve

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Considering the photo of Derek that the dumb DIK took and posted into the internet i fear this may end up being true.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Just started playing(Very start of episode 2) and I literally hate EVERYONE so far except for Dad and Josy. I like Maya, but that changed real quick. I'm not one to forgive characters doing stupid stuff for stupid reasons, so hopefully my opinions on characters will change, but I doubt it. Really wish there was a route to NOT become a DIK and just sabotage all these idiots. I just want a rebel route where I don't have to join ANYONE, and get to ruin the jocks, the hots and the diks. :devilish: Also a side story/another game where you get to play as a female would be nice, I love these sort of games, but they're always very male focused(I get why of course).
You are still playing episode 2 so i am not going to spoil the story but keep playing. There are reasons for some of the things the characters are doing.

But i agree with you about both DIKs and Jocks, and i also hope there is some way in the future to mess them up. :D

DaweFan69

Jun 25, 2019
That's a brilliant spot (y) I went to check it in the game. No way that was accidental or inconsequential, DPC put it there on purpose. Quinn's claws may be into Maya deeper than we thought.
That lollipop isn't there because of Maya but because of MC. Quinn is clearly giving him a hint she knows where he spends the night and, if she needed, she'll tell that to Maya. Quinn is almost always near any event where MC is in the company of LIs - in the last update, in the cafeteria scene with Bella.
[/QUOTE]

Everytime i read one of your posts i gotta make sure this plays in the background

Jessalu412

Jan 24, 2019
Yeah, I understand. Guys' jokes must be annoying to you. But stick around a bit more, there may be some stuff that you might like, such as the scenes with Jill and Bella. :)
Well like... I "get it" and all, but I just think the game is way too forceful about you joining the DIKs. I know that's the name of the game, but if anyone EVER did what they did to me, they would be on my shit list for life. There would be no reconciling, so it just feels WAAAYYY too forced and linear that you just wind up joining them. A good visual novel doesn't make it feel like things are forced, it makes it feel like you're in control even if you're not and it's a linear story. So far this game is making me notice how "on the rails" it really is, but i'm not that far into it so maybe the choices i'm making will actually feel like they matter down the line.

You are still playing episode 2 so i am not going to spoil the story but keep playing. There are reasons for some of the things the characters are doing.

But i agree with you about both DIKs and Jocks, and i also hope there is some way in the future to mess them up. :D
Yeah, i'm hoping it will turn out to be decent, but i'm definitely going "out of my comfort zone" trying a game that is filled with "sup brooooo" lol. I do still play a ton of games where you're forced to play as male, but I always go for the girl next door because that's sort of how I am. So far the dad is the best freaking character, reminds me of my goofy ass dad, so i'm all for more scenes just getting to chill with him. :p I'm totally into girls too though, don't get me wrong, but so far Josy is the only one that seems worth going for, and Maya has a lot of work to do before I'll trust her again. Tuition as an excuse for her fuck up and pictures of her past are not enough to earn my trust back lol, she's slowly getting there though.... freaking bish >_>

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
A good visual novel doesn't make it feel like things are forced, it makes it feel like you're in control even if you're not and it's a linear story. So far this game is making me notice how "on the rails" it really is, but i'm not that far into it so maybe the choices i'm making will actually feel like they matter down the line.
Yeah, that's kind of a... thing that Cake does. At least it seems that way to me. And I think it stems from a conflict between the limitations of the medium he's working in, and what he actually wants to accomplish.

Telling a tightly-plotted story is good, but it inherently conflicts with the idea of a video game which is a much more open-ended experience.

You can write a screenplay or a novel or a short story and have it happen exactly as you want it to happen, since no one "touches" it at any point. Games, though, have to incorporate a not-necessarily "cooperative" player. And players can and will break games if given the opportunity. (We're kind of like petulant children that way.) This isn't an issue limited to just these types of games, though; it happens in any video game where the storyline/plot features heavily. And the trick is always to... well... trick your players. Give them the illusion of choice without actually letting them pull your narrative too far off its intended path.

And the really, really good games manage to fool you that way. Cake... doesn't have the hang of it yet, in my opinion. Either that, or since his focus is on getting the story out his way, he doesn't mind entirely if the gameplay suffers as a result. Hence the very obvious and very blatant railroading in some sections.

Sometimes, though, you just have to take what's being thrown at you. Suspension of disbelief, glossing over the obvious gameplay/story segregation, etc.

Jessalu412

Jan 24, 2019
Yeah, that's kind of a... thing that Cake does. At least it seems that way to me. And I think it stems from a conflict between the limitations of the medium he's working in, and what he actually wants to accomplish.

Telling a tightly-plotted story is good, but it inherently conflicts with the idea of a video game which is a much more open-ended experience.

You can write a screenplay or a novel or a short story and have it happen exactly as you want it to happen, since no one "touches" it at any point. Games, though, have to incorporate a not-necessarily "cooperative" player. And players can and will break games if given the opportunity. (We're kind of like petulant children that way.) This isn't an issue limited to just these types of games, though; it happens in any video game where the storyline/plot features heavily. And the trick is always to... well... trick your players. Give them the illusion of choice without actually letting them pull your narrative too far off its intended path.

And the really, really good games manage to fool you that way. Cake... doesn't have the hang of it yet, in my opinion. Either that, or since his focus is on getting the story out his way, he doesn't mind entirely if the gameplay suffers as a result. Hence the very obvious and very blatant railroading in some sections.

Sometimes, though, you just have to take what's being thrown at you. Suspension of disbelief, glossing over the obvious gameplay/story segregation, etc.
After the scene I just witnessed, he doesn't have the hang of it AT ALL. Literally, this can't be called a game at all in my opinion, it's practically a movie with how forced some things are. I see no point at all in having the "Dik/Chick" slider when you still get forced into dumb ass scenes of the DIK's telling you what to do and you having ZERO choice in the matter. Holy hell, one more scene like this and I'll definitely not be touching this "game" again. It's sad with how good a lot of the models look, yet how absolutely terrible the story is for me so far. It is DEFINITELY not a game for girls, I'll tell you that much. Other games that you're still forced to play as male still make it feel like you can kinda be the sort of guy you wanna be when you go for a girl, but this game.... It completely alienates anyone with a vagina and feels like it completely forces you to be a certain type of guy no matter what, even with it's slider.

There is no "Dik or Chick", it's practically just DIK and the guy you play as has less balls than I do, and I don't even have any. It's just silly how the games uses the excuses of "no other choice" for it to force characters into doing dumb things. There should 100% be a way to just take the DIK's over and change their idiotic way of thinking without having to be their little bitch. I also find a ton of the "Look or don't look" choices to be just stupid, especially if they change the slider in some way. I'm a freaking girl, a huge girl next door, mushy romantic kind of bish, and I have no problem looking at another girl's ass or cleavage. So WHY is it considered a "dik move" to look at a girl? Hot is hot, it's human nature to look, just don't STARE at it and be rude about it. Anyone who would take offense to someone just taking a glance is just a bitch lol, but if they're just being a freaking creepo and staring at you, then sure, i'll let them know "my face is up here". :LOL:

I'm almost positive I won't come anywhere near close to finishing what this game has in it so far. Out of all the games i've tried, and i've tried quite a few, even pledged to some patreons of other games that force me to play as male, this one has alienated me the most by a VERY large margin. I know the whole game is about "Being a DIK" since that's the name, but it feels so awkward to put systems in the game that make it feel like much of anything matters when no matter what "You're a DIK", because you can't just not join them. I would have never joined them, period, but the game completely forces me to because "plot". Name of the game or not, the way you're introduced to them should have been different, because anyone with some guts would tell them to shove their "mansion" up their ass after the stuff they pulled. How they act toward you later on won't change my mind one bit either, they fucked the main character over, and they deserve to burn lol.

TLDR: Give me a pyromaniac route where i can burn down the DIK, HOT and Jock's frat/sorority houses, k thanks. :devilish:

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
After the scene I just witnessed, he doesn't have the hang of it AT ALL. Literally, this can't be called a game at all in my opinion, it's practically a movie with how forced some things are. I see no point at all in having the "Dik/Chick" slider when you still get forced into dumb ass scenes of the DIK's telling you what to do and you having ZERO choice in the matter. Holy hell, one more scene like this and I'll definitely not be touching this "game" again. It's sad with how good a lot of the models look, yet how absolutely terrible the story is for me so far. It is DEFINITELY not a game for girls, I'll tell you that much. Other games that you're still forced to play as male still make it feel like you can kinda be the sort of guy you wanna be when you go for a girl, but this game.... It completely alienates anyone with a vagina and feels like it completely forces you to be a certain type of guy no matter what, even with it's slider.

There is no "Dik or Chick", it's practically just DIK and the guy you play as has less balls than I do, and I don't even have any. It's just silly how the games uses the excuses of "no other choice" for it to force characters into doing dumb things. There should 100% be a way to just take the DIK's over and change their idiotic way of thinking without having to be their little bitch. I also find a ton of the "Look or don't look" choices to be just stupid, especially if they change the slider in some way. I'm a freaking girl, a huge girl next door, mushy romantic kind of bish, and I have no problem looking at another girl's ass or cleavage. So WHY is it considered a "dik move" to look at a girl? Hot is hot, it's human nature to look, just don't STARE at it and be rude about it. Anyone who would take offense to someone just taking a glance is just a bitch lol, but if they're just being a freaking creepo and staring at you, then sure, i'll let them know "my face is up here". :LOL:

I'm almost positive I won't come anywhere near close to finishing what this game has in it so far. Out of all the games i've tried, and i've tried quite a few, even pledged to some patreons of other games that force me to play as male, this one has alienated me the most by a VERY large margin. I know the whole game is about "Being a DIK" since that's the name, but it feels so awkward to put systems in the game that make it feel like much of anything matters when no matter what "You're a DIK", because you can't just not join them. I would have never joined them, period, but the game completely forces me to because "plot". Name of the game or not, the way you're introduced to them should have been different, because anyone with some guts would tell them to shove their "mansion" up their ass after the stuff they pulled. How they act toward you later on won't change my mind one bit either, they fucked the main character over, and they deserve to burn lol.

TLDR: Give me a pyromaniac route where i can burn down the DIK, HOT and Jock's frat/sorority houses, k thanks. :devilish:
I'm adding you to the list lmao

The Pyro Burn in Hell Group

Jessalu412

Jan 24, 2019
I'm adding you to the list lmao

The Pyro Burn in Hell Group
LMAO yes... good.... good. :devilish:

Edit: Also Jill seems pretty sweet, she's growing on me since I see that her first introduction wasn't just a "to be nice" sorta thing. Isabella actually seems to have a heart beneath her resting bitch face, so maybe i'll be alright with her soon. Josy is still good, she's still my lesbian waifu for now. Maya is... alright and she's slowly gaining my trust back. Sage is okay-ish, but the bish needs to move on, I assume she does later but she needs to chill with the "halp me find my cheating boyfriend's bish!". Quinn? Kill it before it lays eggs, please. Riona is really hot, but she looks like she would murder me in my sleep, so NOPE until I learn more about her. Derek is still braindead, more to come on the adventures of Alcoholic Vagina-Chasing-Man!

Last edited:

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
Just started playing(Very start of episode 2) and I literally hate EVERYONE so far except for Dad and Josy. I like Maya, but that changed real quick. I'm not one to forgive characters doing stupid stuff for stupid reasons, so hopefully my opinions on characters will change, but I doubt it. Really wish there was a route to NOT become a DIK and just sabotage all these idiots. I just want a rebel route where I don't have to join ANYONE, and get to ruin the jocks, the hots and the diks. :devilish: Also a side story/another game where you get to play as a female would be nice, I love these sort of games, but they're always very male focused(I get why of course).
Get to the 3ep part, Jill is possibly the rebel in the game (though again there is some unexplainable reaction from the MC to what she does)

You are definitively not the first one here who wants all those groups go down -there even was a kid here who wrotes he was about to cry because of that bs-, and I think there may be a chance for it to happen, cause Jill's character seems to be unable to just accept these ''rules'' and seems to have this combative/fuck the system side on her I'm in love with

I think we really like to see what is your opinion about the end of ep. 3, we did'nt get a girl who likes girls pov about it

Last edited:
Reactions: E.l.l.0

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Were I DPC, I'd actually hold out another month on principle, just to make sure folks didn't buff my numbers to screw my livelihood. People can be dicks like that. If they have higher tier contributors than that, or their $10+ percentage is better, then it's a gravy train they've earned with skill. I wish them great success.
As I write this, DrPinkCake is up to 2563 Patrons. So I don't think he needs to hedge his bets. His numbers still seem to be growing. On to 3000! (y)

Jessalu412

Jan 24, 2019
Get to the 3ep part, Jill is be possible the rebel in the game (though again there is some unexplainable reaction from the MC to what she does)

You are definitively not the first one here who wants all those groups go down -there even was a kid here who wrotes he was about to cry because of that bs-, and I think there may be a chance for it to happen, cause Jill's character seems to be unable to just accept these ''rules'' and seems to have this combative/fuck the system side on her I'm in love with

I think we really like to see what is your opinion about the end of ep. 3, we did'nt get a girl who likes girls pov about it
Well the scene after the fight with jill, she's an absolute freaking sweetheart, but she pissed me off by telling without asking me. Thankfully it allows you to say something to her about it, but i'm glad she's a genuine sweetheart from what i've seen so far. She's my #2 for now though, I figured she was just some stuck up rich bish who wanted to use the MC, but I was wrong(I think...). So far though Josy is still my wifey with Jill tailing, and I want Maya to just be my bestie... as long as she doesn't get me tased again.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

You make several valid criticisms of this game. Other comments seem to fall into the realm of 'personal preference', which is also fine. You're allowed. :) But don't you find that in most VN's (which this is) the player is invariably 'forced' down a particular path? There's a reason that developers don't allow a player to do anything they want - it's impossible to code by a limited team (one person in this case), on a semi-regular schedule - something that is required in order to maintain financial support.

Yes, we are forced to have our MC become a DIK, even though the DIKs are mostly mindless jerks at best. I assume some of the players (like yourself) would rather ignore them completely. But that would be a completely different game, wouldn't it? We either have to at least accept what we have, or try another game.

Perhaps you could give examples of games you like, those that give you more meaningful choices, so we could know your reference point.

I am encouraged that you are pressing onward, despite your misgivings. I look forward to your comments upon you completing Episode 3.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Not just VNs. To be fair, all games with a story and a main quest requires you to make meta choices to continue. One gets railroaded as Darth Revan to find the Star Forge, Commander Shepard to defeat the Reapers, the Dragonborn to kill Aldiun etc. plenty of times. (Often we have to endure companions/followers/housecarls we don’t particularly care for as well.)

Some AAA games are worse than BaDIK IMO. I quit the much acclaimed Neverwinter Nights 2 myself after too many dumb false choices.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How much one enjoys a game often depends on how much some forced choices goes against our grain (or not) compared to how much we like the other content and the story (or not). At this time, the main objective of BaDIK is getting into the DIK frat (and to get laid as often as possible :LOL: ). For me, the positives still far outweigh the negatives, but of course, all of us are different.

Last edited:

Jessalu412

Jan 24, 2019
You make several valid criticisms of this game. Other comments seem to fall into the realm of 'personal preference', which is also fine. You're allowed. :) But don't you find that in most VN's (which this is) the player is invariably 'forced' down a particular path? There's a reason that developers don't allow a player to do anything they want - it's impossible to code by a limited team (one person in this case), on a semi-regular schedule - something that is required in order to maintain financial support.

Yes, we are forced to have our MC become a DIK, even though the DIKs are mostly mindless jerks at best. I assume some of the players (like yourself) would rather ignore them completely. But that would be a completely different game, wouldn't it? We either have to at least accept what we have, or try another game.

Perhaps you could give examples of games you like, those that give you more meaningful choices, so we could know your reference point.

I am encouraged that you are pressing onward, despite your misgivings. I look forward to your comments upon you completing Episode 3.
I actually already stated that a GOOD VN is one that makes it FEEL like you're in control, even when you're not. Such as even though the story of pretty much every VN is pretty damn linear, some of them are good at making it feel like it isn't linear, or making you not care if it's linear or not.

This game makes it feel utterly and completely linear while shoving in your face how linear it actually is, but also teasing you with a "DIK or Chick" slider. That slider not only has really awkward reasons for the slider to move, but it also shoves it in your face how linear it truly is. Things that move the slider such as checking a girl out while doing yoga.... so freaking what? I do that, i'm a girl, does that make me a "dick" or a bitch? No, hot is hot, as long as i'm not stalking her or staring at her creepily. It makes it feel even worse when you have to be a DIK or Chick to do certain things when there's been a few choices so far that I have chosen, or would have chosen that are DIK choices, but I completely disagree with the DIK's in pretty much every way. So I just think the slider is done very poorly and just feels weird, because life isn't all about "this choice is bad or that choice is good". The slider is subjective, but it makes it seem like it's fact that a choice is one way or the other, when it isn't always the case.

If it wasn't for the great models in the game and some of the derpy jokes, I definitely wouldn't be playing it due to how poorly some things are executed. First time i've ever played a game and I hated nearly everyone right from the get go, but he should definitely put a warning on his patreon that says "Give the game a chance, you'll probably like some characters later on!" lol. Like for me, Josy and Dad are the most genuine still, Maya was okay then pissed me off, but she's growing on me again. Jill I didn't trust one bit at first, but she's total wifey material right now. Also Maya is lesbian?! Say what? Well, technically bi, but i'm glad she's not all "omg i want MC dick!". Freaking kudos to DrPinkCakes again for the models though, pretty much all the girls are hot, and some of the guys are too, which is even more rare. I'm CRAZY picky and usually don't find many character in these 3D VN's attractive, but i'd bang a ton of the cast in this game, looks wise anyway. Personality wise.... hell no to the jocks/diks... or derek cause he's a derp... or Quinn because i don't want her to lay alien eggs in my womb, also she's a biiiiiiiiitch.

Anyways, i have a bazillion more things to say, but i've got quite a wall of text here already, so i'm gonna stop. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Also a big thing that screams how linear the game is, is when you win a fight but you still lose story wise and people say you got beat up... lol excuse me? Why let me fight at all then?

Last edited:

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
Well the scene after the fight with jill, she's an absolute freaking sweetheart, but she pissed me off by telling without asking me
well, if I see someone in need of help who doesn't want to tell college's authorities about cause it may increase the risk, I would do it without ask so I take the responsibility and any extra risk for him/her (and the authorities are as responsible as the jocks themselves so they better fix it or else fuck them all, I would go to the press or whatever it works to take them all down); so I'm fine with her

I'm not from the u.s. so I'm new to this ''dik - chick'' bs, but at this point it seems DPC is trying to show that both options are good, you just attract different kind of women by being one or another (the later option brings better girls, imo)

Last edited:
Reactions: E.l.l.0
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes