vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I don't know if someone replied to you or not since i'm behind in pages but if he wanted to be an abusive father he would've been that since the first time he got to know that Maya is lesbian, why would he choose to be abusive now after all these years ? he might even be happy if we chose Maya's route since now his daughter would be "normal" in his opinion because she's dating a guy?
Thing is, her father is "very religious man". Now, that could mean just he's a conservative or he's a religious fanatic. problem is that DPC's writing isn't consistent and sometimes we can't really decipher what he's thinking by those words.

But, we can presume that there is more about him and that family that we already know. And I don't think anything good by that. He's ruling his family like some kind of medieval despotic king.

Maya didn't agree to anything yet tho. Once again DPC decided to interrupt the dialogue at a crucial moment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, everybody shocked by that interruption, please, raise your hands.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
But, we can presume that there is more about him and that family that we already know. And I don't think anything good by that. He's ruling his family like some kind of medieval despotic king.
Precisely.
Yeah, it can also be.
That doesn't invalidate the fact that there could be something else shady going on. Maya's father visiting his daughter at her dorm, and suddenly after that, her adamant decision to proceed with trying to be recruited into the HOTs "no matter the tasks on that list", is clear enough that she needs the money urgently, and her family situation could be the cause.

Edit: Actually I'm thinking Maya's mother being sick and needing treatment could also be the cause, instead of some misdeeds by her father, like say gambling, debts, etc.

Last edited:

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Precisely.

That doesn't invalidate the fact that there could be something else shady going on. Maya's father visiting his daughter at her dorm, and suddenly after that, her adamant decision to proceed with trying to be recruited into the HOTs "no matter the tasks on that list", is clear enough that she needs the money urgently, and her family situation could be the cause.

Edit: Actually I'm thinking Maya's mother being sick and needing treatment could also be the cause, instead of some misdeeds by her father, like say gambling, debts, etc.[I/SPOILER]
Prior to 0.3 - before we knew for sure her father is "very religious" - I said in one of my theories that they're part of some religious cult and Maya's father had prearranged marriage for her. That's why she would want to run away from his influence..

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Prior to 0.3 - before we knew for sure her father is "very religious" - I said in one of my theories that they're part of some religious cult and Maya's father had prearranged marriage for her. That's why she would want to run away from his influence..
That would explain his obsession with trying to change her ways, for sure. But what about her needing the tuition so badly?

VeniVidiVicii

Jan 4, 2019
What's the song that played before Meizong - Skyline in DIK's mansion?
I've looked for it here, in files and found nothing alike.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
That would explain his obsession with trying to change her ways, for sure. But what about her needing the tuition so badly?
She needs money "for something more important" - that's what she said in the last update.
I think she wants to start her life far away from her father - probably taking the mother with her. Notice that we practically don't hear anything about her. Also - Maya wants to be a social worker. That isn't something purely random and I think it could have something with her life and family.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
She needs money "for something more important" - that's what she said in the last update.
I think she wants to start her life far away from her father - probably taking the mother with her. Notice that we practically don't hear anything about her. Also - Maya wants to be a social worker. That isn't something purely random and I think it could have something with her life and family.
The fact that we haven't heard anything about her mother yet made me suspect about the treatment theory. And she having to take care of her mother could also influence her in pursuing social studies, no?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Maya wants to be a social worker. That isn't something purely random and I think it could have something with her life and family.
That right there says a lot about Maya and what kind of a person she is. Her wanting to be a social worker is probably to give other kids a chance something that she rarely had it would seem with her Dad around I'm guessing the Mother never got much of a say in anything and Maya just doesn't want to see that repeated with other families.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
That right there says a lot about Maya and what kind of a person she is. Her wanting to be a social worker is probably to give other kids a chance something that she rarely had it would seem with her Dad around I'm guessing the Mother never got much of a say in anything and Maya just doesn't want to see that repeated with other families.
Maya not showing MC her mother in any pic tells me that she wants to hide her and/or avoid talking about her. She should have appeared in the graduation day pic together with her children and husband... unless she wasn't able to.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Damn, the feels... Imagine watching a flashback similar to the one where MC told Bella about his past; she being a sweet and innocent girl being used and mistreated all her life until she could take it no more, ending up fleeing from her home, hiding her emotions behind a hard shell to protect herself from feeling fragile and vulnerable and resorting to prostitution and drugs to make a living and support her studies.
Easily the darkest flashback I'd ever seen was in Depraved Awakening (Phillygames) With the female psychopathic Assassin that tries to kill the MC in that game numerous times.

But going by DPC's supposed outlook on what he wants from this game, I have a feeling Quinn's background is not one of tragic circumstances in such a way but more that she made a choice early one and it's ended up taking over her life to this point of drugs, prostitution and some form of money laundering.

Last edited:

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Did I miss something about Maya? I didn't read her as innocent. I thought she was a lesbian who felt kinda guilty about leading MC on but was still willing to use his body to get the free tuition. Made me feel like a piece of meat when I found out how dishonest she was being while my MC was being 100 after their first heart to heart. She could've at least given MC a better heads up that he was going to find a new place to live, unless Josy really just popped in out of the blue.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Maya not showing MC her mother in any pic tells me that she wants to hide her and/or avoid talking about her. She should have appeared in the graduation day pic together with her children and husband... unless she wasn't able to.
Either the rumours about her being ill are true or Dad put's his foot down and is controlling her life just like he wants to control Maya.

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
Either the rumours about her being ill are true or Dad put's his foot down and is controlling her life just like he wants to control Maya.
Or maybe they are divorced and pops won the custody when they were younger, hence why its hard for her to simply just go to another city and live a new life. Or if she moves, her mom would get non-sexually fucked by her dad. Or I'll go something similar to Lexi where Maya's pops is a very influential religious figure but more controlling because of repercussions to his reputation.

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
Heck a son fucking things up is slightly less damaging than a daughter who is a lesbian and dabbles in lesbomancy and other fanatical heresies(such shortminded fanatics).

Reactions: SAMASH112

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
What can I say, I'm one that likes Quinn as a character and hope she doesn't get a sob story background. The in-your-face, completely unrepentant borderline crazy antagonists (like Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas) I find fun :D. It's the pretend to be all nice - but not (ala Norman Bates/Leah) that annoy me :cautious:
Let`s start here:
Antagonist is an adversary/oponent to the protagonist,for example in a story in which Lex Luthor is a protagonist Superman would be an antagonist,despite Lex being a villian and Clark being a hero.
In what way is Quinn an opponent of the Mc?She wants to fuck him,so what does she opposes?His virginity?That ship is long gone.
It`s hard for me to even see her as a villian,sure she acts outside of the boundries of law but so what?Is anyone getting hurt?Forced to do anything?No,she simply provides products demanded by the market.

To me she seems very much comfortable as VP.
She has the power already,it`s Sage that is nothing more than a figure-head.
Mhm,this is much more charismatic character:
"I got this" and Sage goes away.

We don`t know how much administration knows,we can be certain Burke uses the services,that`s all for now but what we do know is that Quinn made it work for at least a year before and Sage didn`t noticed.

""unrepentant villain," just... not a terribly effective one." - Quinn manages to achive what she wants,so perhaps the uneffectivness is simply her not being as villanish as some would like her to be?
I have a feeling even if she isn't the top dog and someone is calling the shots, Quinn's character shows all the signs of a chaotic neutral character. Which wouldn't have a sad backstory perse but rather she's always had aspiration for control in her seemingly 'boring' life and be at the top.

She's been portrayed as a hedonistic sociopath.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes