E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Do you see Quinn taking orders from anyone? I think she may have a partner in crime but I just can't see her being told what to do just ask Riona that ;)
Riona is her partner in crime, but she prefers Quinn to handle the boring parts, like counting money. :LOL: Seriously now, they must have someone else to respond to, or they wouldn't be that worried about meeting a specific sum.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mormont

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Riona is her partner in crime, but she prefers Quinn to handle the boring parts, like counting money. :LOL: Seriously now, they must have someone else to respond to, or they wouldn't be that worried about meeting a specific sum.
I think it's Rusty but I don't think she will take orders from him she could be paying him for the drugs while Rusty deals with the person that is in charge.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
I think it's Rusty but I don't think she will take orders from him she could be paying him for the drugs while Rusty deals with the person that is in charge.
I doubt that. Rusty clearly hinted to Tommy that he didn't want anything to do with his "business". I'm assuming that the "stuff" they were talking about were the drugs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Let`s start here:
Antagonist is an adversary/oponent to the protagonist,for example in a story in which Lex Luthor is a protagonist Superman would be an antagonist,despite Lex being a villian and Clark being a hero.
In what way is Quinn an opponent of the Mc?She wants to fuck him,so what does she opposes?His virginity?That ship is long gone.
It`s hard for me to even see her as a villian,sure she acts outside of the boundries of law but so what?Is anyone getting hurt?Forced to do anything?No,she simply provides products demanded by the market.

To me she seems very much comfortable as VP.
She has the power already,it`s Sage that is nothing more than a figure-head.
Mhm,this is much more charismatic character:
"I got this" and Sage goes away.

We don`t know how much administration knows,we can be certain Burke uses the services,that`s all for now but what we do know is that Quinn made it work for at least a year before and Sage didn`t noticed.

""unrepentant villain," just... not a terribly effective one." - Quinn manages to achive what she wants,so perhaps the uneffectivness is simply her not being as villanish as some would like her to be?
I think you're focusing on too narrow a definition of "antagonist." Perhaps even a too-narrow definition of "villain," too. Is she in direct conflict with the Player Character? Not yet, but it's obvious she's working some kind of angle and she's not particularly careful about who gets swept up in her scheming. My point with calling her "a Starscream" is (if you're not familiar with the character) that she seems like a "second in command" who's constantly plotting to overthrow their leader. She's loyal only for as long as it benefits her. Right now, it does benefit her to have Sage in charge. Sage is the figurehead, the public face of the sorority, and, perhaps most importantly, the girl who's going to get scapegoated if shit hits the fan.

Again, this is largely speculation but it's speculation informed by, say, Cake's love of certain tropes and story beats. The idea of Quinn being a manipulative little tramp who's quietly building up her "power base." Just think about it. She's running a brothel which also probably means she's been slowly collecting dirt on everyone who patronizes the HoT's services. These operations of hers are probably too big to go completely under the radar, which means someone high up in the staff of the college must know what's going on and is turning a blind eye for whatever reason. Maybe they have a stake in the businesses, maybe they just don't want the hassle of a scandal, but whatever the case, Quinn gets to operate her sidelines without "official" sanction from the college's administration, but also without any interference from them.

So long as she keeps things quiet. It's that sort of "understanding" you see with a lot of criminal elements: this idea that as long as she doesn't draw too much attention to herself and what's she's doing, the folks in authority will leave her alone to do what she wants. But the instant she becomes a liability for the school, someone's getting thrown under the bus.

And again, it seems like Quinn is angling to make sure Sage is the one who gets run over.

I'd say all that makes her pretty "villainous" even if her machinations haven't affected the Player all that much or all that directly quite yet.

Thing is, there's often a lot of arrogance associated with this kind of behavior. And, this is more of a feeling than something supported by "textual evidence," but Quinn strikes me as the type of character who just believes she's immune to repercussions. She's "too smart" to get caught. And even if she does get caught, well, she's "too clever" to actually end up taking the heat herself. It's the kind of hubris that often (in these kinds of stories) leads to the character's downfall. So, yes, that's essentially what I'm expecting out of her, and again, it's more a sense of "This is how it's often done in these kinds of things, and while Cake has a reputation for going his own way, there are some cliches he's more than happy to utilize if it suits him."

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I doubt that. Rusty clearly hinted to Tommy that he didn't want anything to do with his "business". I'm assuming that the "stuff" they were talking about were the drugs.
Yeah, that just means Rusty doesn't want him anywhere near his drug business as he would be too much of a liability giving a junkie the keys to his drug business would be madness. It's where Rusty is making his money as well.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
As much as it would fit the image of Quinn being horrible person,she does not need to get into anyone`s head,she does not need to manipulate anyone,those girls are the way they are,they have appetite and they will satisfy this appetite wether being payed for it or not.
No one's arguing that the HoTs are paragons of virtue, but there's a big difference between a bunch of horny teenage girls slutting it up at a party, and organized prostitution. One opens you up to some serious repercussions - like, say, expulsion from the school, or even arrest.

You seem to be saying that all of Quinn's "staff" are happy whoring themselves out because they're getting paid, and... you know... "Yay, money." Sure, the money likely is good, and maybe there are a couple of HoTs who are desperate enough that they don't much care what they end up doing, as long as they're getting paid for it. And if it means they get to screw a couple of good-looking dudes in the process, so much the better, right? But you're really glossing over that whole "This crap they're pulling is illegal" angle.

Desperate for money some of these ladies might be, but you have to be really desperate to so eagerly risk getting thrown out of school, arrested, having your reputation ruined, etc. for a few bucks.

Which means that if Quinn managed to win so many over to her side, there was some convincing involved. Even if it was just a friendly "Hey, you can make some extra dosh on the side if you work for me..." The trick of it is, though, that she's knowingly recruiting people into a criminal enterprise, and probably doesn't care much what happens to them if they get caught. That... that's classically considered a bad thing.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah, that just means Rusty doesn't want him anywhere near his drug business as he would be too much of a liability giving a junkie the keys to his drug business would be madness. It's where Rusty is making his money as well.
Notice how the conversation unveils with Rusty saying that he can't stop Tommy from doing it but he wants no part in it.
I don't think he is in the drug business at all. I think he has another angle.

Last edited:

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Do you see Quinn taking orders from anyone? I think she may have a partner in crime but I just can't see her being told what to do just ask Riona that ;)
A silent partner who takes money and provides the drugs. Maybe helped fund the Dik Mansion and also uses it to do other operations including money laundering.

Last edited:

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
I think you're focusing on too narrow a definition of "antagonist." Perhaps even a too-narrow definition of "villain," too. Is she in direct conflict with the Player Character? Not yet, but it's obvious she's working some kind of angle and she's not particularly careful about who gets swept up in her scheming. My point with calling her "a Starscream" is (if you're not familiar with the character) that she seems like a "second in command" who's constantly plotting to overthrow their leader. She's loyal only for as long as it benefits her. Right now, it does benefit her to have Sage in charge. Sage is the figurehead, the public face of the sorority, and, perhaps most importantly, the girl who's going to get scapegoated if shit hits the fan.

Again, this is largely speculation but it's speculation informed by, say, Cake's love of certain tropes and story beats. The idea of Quinn being a manipulative little tramp who's quietly building up her "power base." Just think about it. She's running a brothel which also probably means she's been slowly collecting dirt on everyone who patronizes the HoT's services. These operations of hers are probably too big to go completely under the radar, which means someone high up in the staff of the college must know what's going on and is turning a blind eye for whatever reason. Maybe they have a stake in the businesses, maybe they just don't want the hassle of a scandal, but whatever the case, Quinn gets to operate her sidelines without "official" sanction from the college's administration, but also without any interference from them.

So long as she keeps things quiet. It's that sort of "understanding" you see with a lot of criminal elements: this idea that as long as she doesn't draw too much attention to herself and what's she's doing, the folks in authority will leave her alone to do what she wants. But the instant she becomes a liability for the school, someone's getting thrown under the bus.

And again, it seems like Quinn is angling to make sure Sage is the one who gets run over.

I'd say all that makes her pretty "villainous" even if her machinations haven't affected the Player all that much or all that directly quite yet.

Thing is, there's often a lot of arrogance associated with this kind of behavior. And, this is more of a feeling than something supported by "textual evidence," but Quinn strikes me as the type of character who just believes she's immune to repercussions. She's "too smart" to get caught. And even if she does get caught, well, she's "too clever" to actually end up taking the heat herself. It's the kind of hubris that often (in these kinds of stories) leads to the character's downfall. So, yes, that's essentially what I'm expecting out of her, and again, it's more a sense of "This is how it's often done in these kinds of things, and while Cake has a reputation for going his own way, there are some cliches he's more than happy to utilize if it suits him."
It`s literal definition.Words have meanings,the meaning of the word antagonist is an opponent.

She`s not scheming against Sage though,nothing points out to Quinn wanting to "overthrow" Sage.Moreover if she wanted to be the president I think she would have enough votes already.

Everything will be a speculation,assumption,minor or major change to the already existing script,simply because Quinn is not what some players want her to be.Her operation last year was 4 girls including her+dealing all on a small campus territory,this is not big,this is getting by,which is supported by the scene in which we learn that adding 2 more girls to the mix created a financial shortage.The only stuff member that we can safely assume(what I mean by that is that it`s supported by the content existing in the game) knows is Burke and Burke is interested in fucking and not much more,at least for now.

You are contradicting yourself,Quinn either wants to take Sage`s place or she wants to keep her as a president in order for Sage to take the blame in case things going south,she can`t have both.In the 1st scenario Sage`s position would be important in the other not so much. - Here I want to say that early on after playing ep 2 I too thought that Quinn might want to use Sage as a scape goat,now I think it`s too dark of an approach compared to the comedy game I`m playing.

All that WOULD make her villanious if any of that would be in the script of the game ;)

Again a bit of contradiction,even though,she is growing ambitious - I agree,all that convoluted plan you described would make her very smart and hard to catch so her arrogance or simply confidence would be perfectly justified.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
No one's arguing that the HoTs are paragons of virtue, but there's a big difference between a bunch of horny teenage girls slutting it up at a party, and organized prostitution. One opens you up to some serious repercussions - like, say, expulsion from the school, or even arrest.

You seem to be saying that all of Quinn's "staff" are happy whoring themselves out because they're getting paid, and... you know... "Yay, money." Sure, the money likely is good, and maybe there are a couple of HoTs who are desperate enough that they don't much care what they end up doing, as long as they're getting paid for it. And if it means they get to screw a couple of good-looking dudes in the process, so much the better, right? But you're really glossing over that whole "This crap they're pulling is illegal" angle.

Desperate for money some of these ladies might be, but you have to be really desperate to so eagerly risk getting thrown out of school, arrested, having your reputation ruined, etc. for a few bucks.

Which means that if Quinn managed to win so many over to her side, there was some convincing involved. Even if it was just a friendly "Hey, you can make some extra dosh on the side if you work for me..." The trick of it is, though, that she's knowingly recruiting people into a criminal enterprise, and probably doesn't care much what happens to them if they get caught. That... that's classically considered a bad thing.
Not sure what your point is here,it`s like you want to have the cake and eat it :LOL:
On one hand you do see how those girls are,you even see all of the benefits but you also want Quinn to be the bad guy,so you have to write a story of your own.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
About meeting a specific sum of money
They have to have enough to pay for working girls tuitions - so that`s one.
Second,they are getting drugs from some one,unless they are paying upfront,they have to pay for the stuff afterwards.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Notice how the conversation unveils with Rusty saying that he can't stop Tommy from doing it but he wants no part in it.
I don't think he is in the drug business at all. I think he has another angle.
Forget that whole intro of 0.2 including CUM-petition. The more you read it, the more contradictory it'll be. Before 0.3, absolutely all of us were sure things are like this:

- Quinn is running a prostitution
- Tommy is selling drugs
- somebody is covering them or is even "the big boss" behind everything

After 0.3 - nothing makes sense. Do you remember the scene with Quinn that precedes that Tommy-Rusty scene?

Most people think that's Tommy with Quinn but... Then why he's asking Rusty about Quinn and Riona? He was just there with her!

What I think we have here is this:

- that guy with Quinn wasn't Tommy - despite the coin. Probably Rusty.
- Tommy is basically asking Rusty to talk with Quinn on his behalf to get some free drugs. That's what Rusty referring as "not wanting to have anything with that" and "I know I can't make you stop (from using it)".
- Rusty is full of money; DIKs were formed overnight and spent big money on that mansion. If Rusty's parents are rich, wouldn't he be with ANO? Unless his money is not from legal things.
- Tommy is just a junkie. Rusty is allowing him to play the role of the DIK's boss while he's using DIKs as the cover for his operation.
- Quinn is the dealer but she gets that stuff from someone else - Rusty? Burke? Both?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Which means that if Quinn managed to win so many over to her side, there was some convincing involved.
It could also be blackmail... remember, in order to became a HOT, girls need to complete several tasks which include handjob, blowjob, sex in public (or is it just outdoors?) and they need to provide evidence of the act. I wouldn't put it past Quinn to use that evidence to blackmail someone into joining her operation.

That said, none of the girls currently involved with her prostitution ring look like they're blackmailed into doing it but that doesn't mean Quinn wouldn't use blackmail if she consider it necessary...

Reactions: yngve and vir_cotto

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Forget that whole intro of 0.2 including CUM-petition. The more you read it, the more contradictory it'll be. Before 0.3, absolutely all of us were sure things are like this:

- Quinn is running a prostitution
- Tommy is selling drugs
- somebody is covering them or is even "the big boss" behind everything

After 0.3 - nothing makes sense. Do you remember the scene with Quinn that precedes that Tommy-Rusty scene?

Most people think that's Tommy with Quinn but... Then why he's asking Rusty about Quinn and Riona? He was just there with her!

What I think we have here is this:

- that guy with Quinn wasn't Tommy - despite the coin. Probably Rusty.
- Tommy is basically asking Rusty to talk with Quinn on his behalf to get some free drugs. That's what Rusty referring as "not wanting to have anything with that" and "I know I can't make you stop (from using it)".
- Rusty is full of money; DIKs were formed overnight and spent big money on that mansion. If Rusty's parents are rich, wouldn't he be with ANO? Unless his money is not from legal things.
- Tommy is just a junkie. Rusty is allowing him to play the role of the DIK's boss while he's using DIKs as the cover for his operation.
- Quinn is the dealer but she gets that stuff from someone else - Rusty? Burke? Both?
While that is all reasonable and fair to assume, and you ending up being right, I still think Rusty is a "good guy". And I think that scene was inserted there with the intent of confusing us, and that it actually belongs to a different timeline. It's possible that wasn't Tommy, but so far we only saw him with that particular Ionian coin. And at the very final part of that scene, after the coin is tossed, a hand abruptly grabs it; maybe that was from a third person there (someone interrupting the other two).

And don't forget about Vinny, I think he will still be relevant in understanding this sub plot.

Another thing about Rusty: the Bouncer at The Pink Rose called him "Mr. B"! Do we know Rusty's last name? Could the B be for Burke? Maybe Rusty is simply rich due to his family and not because he runs some illegal business.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: laliandra

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
While that is all reasonable and fair to assume, and you ending up being right, I still think Rusty is a "good guy". And I think that scene was inserted there with the intent of confusing us, and that it actually belongs to a different timeline. It's possible that wasn't Tommy, but so far we only saw him with that particular Ionian coin. And at the very final part of that scene, after the coin is tossed, a hand abruptly grabs it; maybe that was from a third person there (someone interrupting the other two).
No, forget that "different timeline" cause that's nonsense. Those two scenes - Quinn/anonymous DIK and Tommy/Rusty - are happening one after another. Maybe it's 5 minutes span, maybe 15 minutes or 150 minutes but they're one after another just before the CUM-petition.

Look closely at that scene with Quinn - that's inside DIK's mansion. You can see DIK's motto on the wall - and somebody on the bed.

And if that guy was Tommy... As I said, that whole dialogue with Rusty wouldn't make sense BUT there is another thing. Quinn is basically persuading that guy to take a shot. We're talking about Tommy - the guy that stole Josy's nail polish to get high! You wouldn't need to persuade him, you would want to take away drug from him so he wouldn't take all for himself! Heather just confirmed that in her conversation with Quinn - Tommy is stealing from her stash.

About the coin. I wrote about that - while we know Tommy has one, that doesn't mean Rusty - or even all DIK's members - doesn't have one.

The coin could be the symbol of leadership - so both the president and VP would have one. It could also be the symbol of full-fledged DIK - hence all DIKs would have one.

And don't forget about Vinny, I think he will still be relevant in understanding this sub plot.

Another thing about Rusty: the Bouncer at The Pink Rose called him "Mr. B"! Do we know Rusty's last name? Could the B be for Burke? Maybe Rusty is simply rich due to his family and not because he runs some illegal business.
I don't know about Vinnie. I mean, it's possible but I don't see his role right now.

And about "Mr B"... I hope that's not the case. FFS, we already have Tybalt! To me, that would be another case of bad writing - and I had enough of that in 0.3.

It's possible, naturally. But my thoughts went like this: OK, he's got money. If he's from rich family, they wouldn't allow him to meddle with peasants. If he wouldn't obey them by not wanting to be part of ANO, they would cut him off the money. The only possibility is if his parents are dead and he inherited all that wealth. But... Why he would go to such a lousy college? Why he would go at all if he just wants to have fun? He could have fun without studying.

That's why I think his money isn't quite legal. But, I admit, we don't really have concrete proof for that - just some circumstantial evidence.

Last edited:

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
It`s literal definition.Words have meanings,the meaning of the word antagonist is an opponent.
Whose opponent? One meaning of the word is "the character in the story who directly opposes the protagonist." But as I said, that's just one narrow interpretation of the term. An antagonist could be someone who causes conflict for the protagonist just by existing, just by acting, even if those acts aren't intentionally aimed at the protagonist. Quinn may only tangentially know the PC, may not give a damn about who they are or what they're doing, but that doesn't necessarily mean her actions won't have consequences for other characters, including, potentially, the PC.

She`s not scheming against Sage though,nothing points out to Quinn wanting to "overthrow" Sage.Moreover if she wanted to be the president I think she would have enough votes already
You're assuming that she's after "conventional" power. And by that I mean the "above-board" kind. The legitimate kind. The "officially recognized" kind. But that doesn't track.

Put yourself in her shoes for a minute. You're running an illegal business of some kind. As of now, said business operates pretty well. You're under the radar. Authorities are either unaware of what you're doing, or have given you tacit approval (by not shutting you down.) At this point, what are your goals? Expand a little, maybe. Recruit. And continue to avoid official notice. Having someone in a "legitimate" post above you makes for good cover.

But at the same time, should shit hit the fan, you can sacrifice this figurehead to whoever's giving you trouble, say, the school's administration, or the police. And if that happens, as second in command, you step up and fill the gap that person left. You can't hide as easily - people will be watching you the instant power transitions into your hands, but it's better than being left holding the bag yourself.

So, no, I don't see it as a contradiction that she wants to keep Sage in place as a shield while still scheming behind her back. It's a contingency plan.

Reactions: yngve

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
And if that guy was Tommy... As I said, that whole dialogue with Rusty wouldn't make sense BUT there is another thing. Quinn is basically persuading that guy to take a shot. We're talking about Tommy - the guy that stole Josy's nail polish to get high! You wouldn't need to persuade him, you would want to take away drug from him so he wouldn't take all for himself! Heather just confirmed that in her conversation with Quinn - Tommy is stealing from her stash.
I would say sniffing nail polish is something on a completely different level than, let's say, heroine or whatever heavy drug that would require an injection. So I think that could still be Tommy, but as I said, in a different timeline. And if it were right before Tommy and Rusty's conversation scene, and Rusty being the one taking the drug, why would Rusty say he wouldn't have any of that "stuff" while he had just a while ago being persuaded to take it from Quinn? It doesn't make sense to me.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I would say sniffing nail polish is something on a completely different level than, let's say, heroine or whatever heavy drug that would require an injection. So I think that could still be Tommy, but as I said, in a different timeline. And if it were right before Tommy and Rusty's conversation scene, and Rusty being the one taking the drug, why would Rusty say he wouldn't have any of that "stuff" while he had just a while ago being persuaded to take it from Quinn? It doesn't make sense to me.
That anonymous DIK didn't take a drug. We didn't see that. Nex scene is Tommy holding his hand.
That's why most people think that's him BUT, again, we didn't see that no-named-DIK took a drug.
Rusty was talking about small dosage - about something Tommy would use. Rusty doesn't do drug but he could sell the drug as the wholesaler. Obviously, he wouldn't want his buddy Tommy anywhere near that cause that junkie would spend the merchandise on himself.

But, what I really think we have here - and especially what we have after 0.3 - is the fact DPC is completely lost in his story. I see nonsense after nonsense, plotholes, "big reveals" that are worthy of facepalm, and suspense making through interruption sentence in the middle of a conversation or by "dramatic" spouts in ending recapitulations. Not to mention that catastrophic intervention with backshadowing during Bella's scene.

So, most "mysteries" we have are because of below-average writing and not paying attention by the author himself - and that's sad. He is capable of much more and he proved that in AL and in 0.1 - partially in 0.2.

Reactions: Mormont
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes