felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Who looks worse? No one immediately springs to mind to me.
Maya has gotten markedly worse, Josy and Jill less so, but still not improved,, Sage between constantly sweaty skin, crazy eyes, and post punk makeup I would say deteriorated as well only it is more between the end of the second season and this third.

Only Bella in my opinion can be considered improved

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
The qualitative improvement is almost exclusively technical, because aesthetically it seems to me that many characters have deteriorated.

But the problem is that the second season already feels like season 10, when real ideas are scarce but moving forward.

Thinking about the ending seems quite premature to me, and I don't know how much effect the branching out of the story will have on the planned endings. So far in the topical monents everything has been pretty even all the time.
It's always seemed odd to me that of the five LI's I've never really found them attractive. The looks are too 'try hard' and exaggerated. Then conversely several of the side girls, like Lily, Elena, Mona and Camila are much more attractive, if only because they look more realistic. The only improvement that I've liked is that he stopped putting that repellent black lipstick on Rio.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Maya has gotten markedly worse, Josy and Jill less so, but still not improved,, Sage between constantly sweaty skin, crazy eyes, and post punk makeup I would say deteriorated as well only it is more between the end of the second season and this third.

Only Bella in my opinion can be considered improved
d1_corridor3_blink0.png
ep10_after_english22.png ep10_after_english32.png

Her first appearance vs a scene in Episode 10, also in a brightly lit hallway. I'm not really seeing any sort of downgrade, or significant change. If we're talking about her body and not her face, I wouldn't say there's been any change either: it's still pretty poor. Bad skin, sandpaper ass, fake looking tits.

As for the others, Josy still has chrome teeth every single episode, and suffers from a mild case of Jill face. Jill is self-explanatory, but I wouldn't say she's gotten worse. Sage does look way too shiny when sweaty, same as MC. And I agree about Bella, she's only gone up. With other characters, Riona looks much healthier. Cammy has drastically improved. I noticed Kylie looked like shit in early episodes, much better now. I want to say Derek has had a bit of a glow up too.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
View attachment 3732024
View attachment 3732051 View attachment 3732052

Her first appearance vs a scene in Episode 10, also in a brightly lit hallway. I'm not really seeing any sort of downgrade, or significant change. If we're talking about her body and not her face, I wouldn't say there's been any change either: it's still pretty poor. Bad skin, sandpaper ass, fake looking tits.

As for the others, Josy still has chrome teeth every single episode, and suffers from a mild case of Jill face. Jill is self-explanatory, but I wouldn't say she's gotten worse. Sage does look way too shiny when sweaty, same as MC. And I agree about Bella, she's only gone up. With other characters, Riona looks much healthier. Cammy has drastically improved. I noticed Kylie looked like shit in early episodes, much better now. I want to say Derek has had a bit of a glow up too.
Well look at the scarecrow body attached to that enormous head in the third image.

• Haha
Reactions: The Dick

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
View attachment 3732024
View attachment 3732051 View attachment 3732052

In the first season there are some beautiful renderings of Maya, even close ones, like the picnic interrupted by Derek, which for me represents the pinnacle of her. Now her skin is terrible pretty much all the time, sometimes she looks like an old woman covering her wrinkles with heavy makeup, and other times she just looks like she has a medical problem. Added to that, in the third season, is the crazy eyes.

I did not consider SG. On Riona I agree, on Camilla less so, to me the current version looks completely unnatural, skin so even and smooth that she looks like a plastic doll

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Well look at the scarecrow body attached to that enormous head in the third image.
Hmmm. It actually does look bigger. It could be the angle, but idk.

In the first season there are some beautiful renderings of Maya, even close ones, like the picnic interrupted by Derek, which for me represents the pinnacle of her. Now her skin is terrible pretty much all the time, sometimes she looks like an old woman covering her wrinkles with heavy makeup, and other times she just looks like she has a medical problem. Added to that, in the third season, is the crazy eyes.

I did not consider SG. On Riona I agree, on Camilla less so, to me the current version looks completely unnatural, skin so even and smooth that she looks like a plastic doll
ep9_ending_maya_josy15.png
This is probably the worst I've ever seen Maya. Obviously this is supposed to be her without any makeup, but she looks like she's fucking dying.

1718271553884.jpeg
It does feel like DPC went a little overboard on redesigning Cammy, but I wouldn't go as far to say she looks completely unnatural.

Reactions: DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Hmmm. It actually does look bigger. It could be the angle, but idk.

View attachment 3732107
This is probably the worst I've ever seen Maya. Obviously this is supposed to be her without any makeup, but she looks like she's fucking dying.

View attachment 3732110
It does feel like DPC went a little overboard on redesigning Cammy, but I wouldn't go as far to say she looks completely unnatural.
This is why I've never bought the BS from DPC Fanboi's. If you look back through this thread, or read the reviews, you'll see endless praise for DPC's renders. Or endless babble about how hard DPC works, or perfectionist DPC. And it's all BS. The game is littered with bad renders. The designs of most characters is mid as fuck. If DPC was the perfectionist that his fan's claim he would never drop an update with some of the shit that's in this game.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
It's always seemed odd to me that of the five LI's I've never really found them attractive. The looks are too 'try hard' and exaggerated. Then conversely several of the side girls, like Lily, Elena, Mona and Camila are much more attractive, if only because they look more realistic. The only improvement that I've liked is that he stopped putting that repellent black lipstick on Rio.
Although I wouldn't go quite that far, I have to agree. I don't think any of the LIs are absolute knockouts (although they almost all have their top moments). The best-looking girls are all SGs or not even at that level. That one picture that keeps getting posted of the 5 LIs before they head out to Derek/Maya's home always looks like a bad ad for the game to me, but mostly that's Bella's fault!

Reactions: Vill3m and DavDR

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
This is why I've never bought the BS from DPC Fanboi's. If you look back through this thread, or read the reviews, you'll see endless praise for DPC's renders. Or endless babble about how hard DPC works, or perfectionist DPC. And it's all BS. The game is littered with bad renders. The designs of most characters is mid as fuck. If DPC was the perfectionist that his fan's claim he would never drop an update with some of the shit that's in this game.
reflection_error.jpg
B-but the bottle! :Kappa:

I don't know what to make of DPC. He wants full control of Being a DIK, which I can understand even beyond not wanting to share the money. He's gotten a lot fancier with camera movements, more cinematic shots and editing, most people don't like the barrage of minigames but it's impressive he's doing it all himself. Plus all the coding, writing, creating variations of scenes based on choice whether big or small, music selection and now composition too. He's essentially a jack of all trades, master of none.

But he refuses to budge in certain areas. He won't give Maya the visual update she so desperately needs, fix the chrome teeth, multiple characters have Jill face, he is going crazy with the animations but total shit like Zoey running through the woods is apparently good enough to be in the final product. Outside of one single scene that the majority of players will not ever see, Madame Rose is useless and wastes precious dev time, I don't care how quickly he finishes her scenes. This new "Josy is a basic bitch" plotline, I feel, is a bad attempt to give her something outside of Maya or MC. She's an extremely social girl who has no trouble making new friends, but not having a hobby is eating away at her? She has to fucking Google "hobbies for young girls" because she really has no idea? Maybe if we learn that she's really insecure not just about her height and speaking up when she has a problem, but she also has anxiety or an inferiority complex or something, then perhaps it could work but right now I don't buy it.

I guess I would say he has an artistic temperament, and I know some people would laugh at the idea of BADIK being art or DPC being called an artist, but both are true in the technical sense. I'm not saying he's the da Vinci of AVNs and this is the Mona Lisa (who and what even would be?), but he is creating something that can be beautiful at times, invokes strong emotions, has an above-average quality at minimum, and characters that ocassionally feel real. He created this small world that thousands of people enjoy, and it's not an exaggeration to say that he does work hard. His priorities are just unbalanced.

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
View attachment 3732133

I don't know what to make of DPC. He wants full control of Being a DIK, which I can understand even beyond not wanting to share the money. He's gotten a lot fancier with camera movements, more cinematic shots and editing, most people don't like the barrage of minigames but it's impressive he's doing it all himself. Plus all the coding, writing, creating variations of scenes based on choice whether big or small, music selection and now composition too. He's essentially a jack of all trades, master of none.

But he refuses to budge in certain areas. He won't give Maya the visual update she so desperately needs, fix the chrome teeth, multiple characters have Jill face, he is going crazy with the animations but total shit like Zoey running through the woods is apparently good enough to be in the final product. Outside of one single scene that the majority of players will not ever see, Madame Rose is useless and wastes precious dev time, I don't care how quickly he finishes her scenes. This new "Josy is a basic bitch" plotline, I feel, is a bad attempt to give her something outside of Maya or MC. She's an extremely social girl who has no trouble making new friends, but not having a hobby is eating away at her? She has to fucking Google "hobbies for young girls" because she really has no idea? Maybe if we learn that she's really insecure not just about her height and speaking up when she has a problem, but she also has anxiety or an inferiority complex or something, then perhaps it could work but right now I don't buy it.

I guess I would say he has an artistic temperament, and I know some people would laugh at the idea of BADIK being art or DPC being called an artist, but both are true in the technical sense. I'm not saying he's the da Vinci of AVNs and this is the Mona Lisa (who and what even would be?), but he is creating something that can be beautiful at times, invokes strong emotions, has an above-average quality at minimum, and characters that ocassionally feel real. He created this small world that thousands of people enjoy, and it's not an exaggeration to say that he does work hard. His priorities are just unbalanced.
Just because the gentleman says he works alone doesn't necessarily mean you have to believe him.

Even if the updates take 1 year to come out, ask yourself the question:
+ 5k rendered + the animations + the code + the mini games + think about the story + the dialogue + freeroam + the rewards compared to the patreon rank + the steam version, without forgetting he also has a real life and things to do, sleep, wash, eat...

Please it's certain that he doesn't work alone, but by saying that he works alone the fanboi is even the non fanboi forgive him for the delays, the shitty excuses (reflection on a bottle, 60fps, etc...) or else he works 7 days a week 18 hours a day without ever taking a vacation, I'm sure there are things that I forget that he has to manage.

Reactions: Educifer and DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
View attachment 3732133

Even more than hiring someone to help with development what DPC really needs is an editor. I would agree that he has managed to take on a host of task in this development, but that's not where the problem is. There are some really good things in BaDIK, writing and design. But it's buried under a ton of bloat. DPC has no self control as a creator.

As far as Josy, we have seen insights into her insecurities. Specifically in ep5 if you are not on the M&J path and choose to support Josy when she meets her Dad, and then choose to help her carry her bags, you get a scene that gives you some insight into her character (or lack there of).

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017
p.s. having just replayed it, it seems clear to me that Mona left of her own volition after realizing that for the rest of college she would have Quinn on her, ready to blame her for anything. otherwise why would she attend the HOTs party and leave a few hours later? if Burke had been the one to kick her out she would have disappeared earlier
My understanding was that Stephen had some kind of shaddy agreement with someone from the HOTs (most likely Quinn) or something like that, he uses his position to exchange free tuiton for students serving him sexually, also that's the reason why the "rumor" exists, but as Sage is his daughter, she is not aware of that. Once Mona couldn't do it during the Preps party, he removes her free tuiton application (at least there is a scene of him erasing her data from a form). I believe Mona left on her own, but not at her own will, either she couldn't afford and was dependent of that free tuition, or she was threatened by him (and Quinn, maybe).
I was even expecting him to offer that to Maya, but maybe he wasn't sure since she reached him through Sage, but his questions to her, to me, suggests that too.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
My understanding was that Stephen had some kind of shaddy agreement with someone from the HOTs (most likely Quinn) or something like that, he uses his position to exchange free tuiton for students serving him sexually, also that's the reason why the "rumor" exists, but as Sage is his daughter, she is not aware of that. Once Mona couldn't do it during the Preps party, he removes her free tuiton application (at least there is a scene of him erasing her data from a form). I believe Mona left on her own, but not at her own will, either she couldn't afford and was dependent of that free tuition, or she was threatened by him (and Quinn, maybe).
I was even expecting him to offer that to Maya, but maybe he wasn't sure since she reached him through Sage, but his questions to her, to me, suggests that too.
All of that is true, but by the time that Mona was offered free tuition she was already a student, and must have paid her tuition already (at least for the first year or semester or whatever).

Reactions: Educifer

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Guys...

Would you rather join Arieth's harem?
OR
Do 'ass vodka' publicly with Derek in middle of a huge party?

:coffee:
If Arieth has had sex with many, almost all, it means that many, almost all, have had sex with her. To delude yourself that you are partr of the few who at 18-19 years old would not have fucked her is to delude yourself:geek:

Reactions: DavDR

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Mona is an interesting one. She quits the 'free tuition program' when she realizes that she had to do old guys. Quinn threatens her to keep her mouth shut, or Burke will make her life a misery for being a whore, but she doesn't leave. She continues to do her scavenger task list, and attends the ceremony successfully becoming a HOT, at least at that point, money didn't appear to be an issue, she was planning on staying.
Then Maya confronts Quinn about the free tuition, and Quinn gives Mona a death stare. Whether there is another threat we don't know, but the very next time we see Mona she's making a bolt from B&R in the middle of that very night trying to hide who she is. But in both her leaving screenshots, there is a shadowy male figure.
So she probably left of her own free will, or perhaps been forced to leave. But we know she was scared (it wasn't losing the Wallace Resources Scholarship).

Reactions: iamcomming
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes