Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Just because the gentleman says he works alone doesn't necessarily mean you have to believe him.

Even if the updates take 1 year to come out, ask yourself the question:
+ 5k rendered + the animations + the code + the mini games + think about the story + the dialogue + freeroam + the rewards compared to the patreon rank + the steam version, without forgetting he also has a real life and things to do, sleep, wash, eat...

Please it's certain that he doesn't work alone, but by saying that he works alone the fanboi is even the non fanboi forgive him for the delays, the shitty excuses (reflection on a bottle, 60fps, etc...) or else he works 7 days a week 18 hours a day without ever taking a vacation, I'm sure there are things that I forget that he has to manage.
Just because a lot of work goes into each update doesn't mean he couldn't do it alone. It’s irrelevant either way, DPC is known as a single person. If he has a silent team working behind the scenes, we'll never find out.
Even more than hiring someone to help with development what DPC really needs is an editor. I would agree that he has managed to take on a host of task in this development, but that's not where the problem is. There are some really good things in BaDIK, writing and design. But it's buried under a ton of bloat. DPC has no self control as a creator.

As far as Josy, we have seen insights into her insecurities. Specifically in ep5 if you are not on the M&J path and choose to support Josy when she meets her Dad, and then choose to help her carry her bags, you get a scene that gives you some insight into her character (or lack there of).
Josy's infatuation with MC really doesn't make a ton of sense. Josy says it herself that they hardly ever talked to each other in the two months they worked together, not counting work stuff. He likes her because she's sexy and sweet, and probably latched on real tight because of Zoey.
She likes him—despite coming off as a typical loser virgin in the beginning—because he's hot and.... nice? Shy? Just someone she's in close proximity with on a daily basis that isnt a dick like Steve? She definitely glued herself to him because of her deteriorating relationship with Maya, but it's still a little weird. She saved his old Rooster pfp, which I presume she did during the summer while his account was deactivated.

If you do everything you can to avoid Josy and show zero interest after being railroaded in the first season, she still won't let you go. She goes as far as putting on lingerie to seduce MC and admit she still has feelings for him, even when she knows he's dating someone else. That's fucked up. That scene in Episode 5 summed it up well, she'd rather be with Maya than be alone.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My understanding was that Stephen had some kind of shaddy agreement with someone from the HOTs (most likely Quinn) or something like that, he uses his position to exchange free tuiton for students serving him sexually, also that's the reason why the "rumor" exists, but as Sage is his daughter, she is not aware of that. Once Mona couldn't do it during the Preps party, he removes her free tuiton application (at least there is a scene of him erasing her data from a form). I believe Mona left on her own, but not at her own will, either she couldn't afford and was dependent of that free tuition, or she was threatened by him (and Quinn, maybe).
I was even expecting him to offer that to Maya, but maybe he wasn't sure since she reached him through Sage, but his questions to her, to me, suggests that too.
If Burke had wanted to offer it to Maya, the fact that she needed and knew about it should have made it easier.
Instead, as soon as Maya mentions it, Burke immediately cuts it short almost chasing her away. Boh, I don't know. I also don't understand how Quinn could think of involving her, and whether she really intended to do so

Reactions: Better Cock Spock

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
Josy's infatuation with MC really doesn't make a ton of sense. Josy says it herself that they hardly ever talked to each other in the two months they worked together, not counting work stuff. He likes her because she's sexy and sweet, and probably latched on real tight because of Zoey.
She likes him—despite coming off as a typical loser virgin in the beginning—because he's hot and.... nice? Shy? Just someone she's in close proximity with on a daily basis that isnt a dick like Steve? She definitely glued herself to him because of her deteriorating relationship with Maya, but it's still a little weird. She saved his old Rooster pfp, which I presume she did during the summer while his account was deactivated.

If you do everything you can to avoid Josy and show zero interest after being railroaded in the first season, she still won't let you go. She goes as far as putting on lingerie to seduce MC and admit she still has feelings for him, even when she knows he's dating someone else. That's fucked up. That scene in Episode 5 summed it up well, she'd rather be with Maya than be alone.
I've gotta agree here, you could pretty much fill josy's role with a blow up doll at this point. Thats why I'm looking forward to the teased personal growth after the oscar incident. Some have likened it to just a shallow, she'll get a hobby so what? BUt showing an interest in expanding your horizons is a good first step in personal growth.

I want to like josy but so far her character is just so shallow that I can't. I really enjoy the throuple and Maya is my #1 girl. So it would be cool if she was as interesting, hopefully she will be as dpc expands on her.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
If Burke had wanted to offer it to Maya, the fact that she needed and knew about it should have made it easier.
Instead, as soon as Maya mentions it, Burke immediately cuts it short almost chasing her away. Boh, I don't know. I also don't understand how Quinn could think of involving her, and whether she really intended to do so
Quinn was most likely intending to blackmail her with the videos from the scavenger list, but never gained that leverage because Maya went to Arieth instead. Bit of an asspull, but it was established that each daughter has her own mother, and both are paired up. Maya had to fly solo until Josy showed up, which unlocked a new mother to present the evidence to.

Reactions: Vill3m and Educifer

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
I suspect Quinn initially saw Maya as a potential recruit. She was just normal bitchy Quinn towards Maya and even talked to Maya about joining the program. But then Maya went over her head to Sage to ask for a new mother, i think that's when Quinn turned on her, gave her the shitty task list and did everything she could to make Maya fail.
Whether Burke is involved with the restaurant besides getting benefits, it really doesn't matter, he would still need to talk to Quinn about who gets the "Scholarship". When it was taken off Mona, they would have discussed who could get it and I have no doubt Quinn would have said not Maya, so that's why he would have immediately said no to Maya.

Last edited:
Reactions: Educifer

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Just because a lot of work goes into each update doesn't mean he couldn't do it alone. It’s irrelevant either way, DPC is known as a single person. If he has a silent team working behind the scenes, we'll never find out.

She is a Simp, so what ? :cool:

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017
I suspect Quinn initially saw Maya as a potential recruit. She was just normal bitchy Quinn towards Maya and even talked to Maya about joining the program. But then Maya went over her head to Sage to ask for a new mother, i think that's when Quinn turned on her, gave her the shitty task list and did everything she could to make Maya fail.
Whether Burke is involved with the restaurant besides getting benefits, it really doesn't matter, he would still need to talk to Quinn about who gets the "Scholarship". When it was taken off Mona, they would have discussed who could get it and I have no doubt Quinn would have said not Maya, so that's why he would have immediately said to Maya.
Good one, haven't thought that Quinn would have warned him about Maya. And I agree with Better Cock Spock, she probably wanted the photos/videos from the list to use it for blackmail.

Btw, how do I mention other members?

Reactions: Milton749

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I've gotta agree here, you could pretty much fill josy's role with a blow up doll at this point. Thats why I'm looking forward to the teased personal growth after the oscar incident. Some have likened it to just a shallow, she'll get a hobby so what? BUt showing an interest in expanding your horizons is a good first step in personal growth.

I want to like josy but so far her character is just so shallow that I can't. I really enjoy the throuple and Maya is my #1 girl. So it would be cool if she was as interesting, hopefully she will be as dpc expands on her.
Idk. I feel like instead of searching Google for hobbies, she could spend time with people other than Maya and MC. Like Jill for instance, they're friends and Jill has her own interests—music, horseback riding, tennis, wine tasting, etc. Josy could tag along for one of those, see if she finds one she likes too and build on that. Or hang out with her HOT sisters, like Riona seems a little lonely outside of Cammy and her business with Quinn, no one wanted to go to the arcade with her :cry:
Josy shares her room with Heather, who very much wants to get to know her. Elena is cool, Cammy is sweet, Ashley is fine I guess, Josy likes Lily and Sage, (who also has some trouble finding hobbies) Arieth is... Arieth. The rest are bitchy but still, that's a lot of options to try and find a hobby.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Quinn was most likely intending to blackmail her with the videos from the scavenger list, but never gained that leverage because Maya went to Arieth instead. Bit of an asspull, but it was established that each daughter has her own mother, and both are paired up. Maya had to fly solo until Josy showed up, which unlocked a new mother to present the evidence to.
Quinn is not known for the wisdom of her plans. But she does everything in her power for Maya to fail in her scavenger hunt, once Maya had failed, and thus was out of the Hots, how would she pull her in?

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Idk. I feel like instead of searching Google for hobbies, she could spend time with people other than Maya and MC. Like Jill for instance, they're friends and Jill has her own interests—music, horseback riding, tennis, wine tasting, etc. Josy could tag along for one of those, see if she finds one she likes too and build on that. Or hang out with her HOT sisters, like Riona seems a little lonely outside of Cammy and her business with Quinn, no one wanted to go to the arcade with her :cry:
Josy shares her room with Heather, who very much wants to get to know her. Elena is cool, Cammy is sweet, Ashley is fine I guess, Josy likes Lily and Sage, (who also has some trouble finding hobbies) Arieth is... Arieth. The rest are bitchy but still, that's a lot of options to try and find a hobby.
Agree 100% that Josy needs to expand her friend group. She really comes across as one of those people that only exist for their significant other. Can't do anything on their own. It's definitely a DPC setup though. She's not searching google randomly. There is a reason that will be revealed.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Spock, girls can also be those simps. I had a chance to meet this “Josy” irl, this constant intrusiveness, calls, hints, although I made it clear to her in plain text that “No”. And at the same time, initially it didn't go further then a two dates, after which I set red flags for myself and closed her case, but as it turned out, it was not so easy to close - girl goes full simp mode and didn't give rest for a couple of months. Ended up blocking her phone number and contacts on social media.
So Josy is quite from the real world, this is average common behavior and a big turn off for me - so the further, the more she fell in my eyes; Ep. 10, the scene with the lingerie became the last red flag, after which I lost the rest of respect to her.
Plus, we are now somewhere around 60-65% of the game, and Josy still has no story, feels like DLC for Maya.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Quinn is not known for the wisdom of her plans. But she does everything in her power for Maya to fail in her scavenger hunt, once Maya had failed, and thus was out of the Hots, how would she pull her in?
I think it's more like this: Maya went along with making out with MC before Quinn tazes him. This shows she's susceptible to performing lewd acts, it's just a question of how far she'll go. If Maya actually pushes herself to do all the sexual tasks, Quinn would view her as more willing to work in the restaurant, but still be a hard sell. That's where the blackmail would come in. But this is where the logic breaks down, why would you suck and fuck strangers to prevent a video of you sucking and fucking from going public? Would Maya place her public image above her self-respect?

If Maya failed and didn't join the HOTs, then Quinn doesn't lose anything besides a source of entertainment.

Spock, girls can also be those simps. I had a chance to meet this “Josy” irl, this constant intrusiveness, calls, hints, although I made it clear to her in plain text that “No”. And at the same time, initially it didn't go further then a two dates, after which I set red flags for myself and closed her case, but as it turned out, it was not so easy to close - girl goes full simp mode and didn't give rest for a couple of months. Ended up blocking her phone number and contacts on social media.
So Josy is quite from the real world, this is average common behavior and a big turn off for me - so the further, the more she fell in my eyes; Ep. 10, the scene with the lingerie became the last red flag, after which I lost the rest of respect to her.
Plus, we are now somewhere around 60-65% of the game, and Josy still has no story, feels like DLC for Maya.
The thing is that it comes off more like an unhealthy obsession because there isn't a good foundation for her to just be a lovesick simp. If they were great friends the entire two months, the chemistry was off the charts, tons of sexual tension, that makes perfect sense. Or even just casual friends, occasionally talk and hang out like every other weekend or something, that's fine too.

But the date in Episode 1 is their first real interaction outside of work. That's why I feel like her massive crush is predicated almost entirely on the fact that MC is just a handsome guy she sees all the time, and can assign wants and desires to this blank slate because of the trouble with Maya. Fantasies of romance, dreams of lust, just to try and soothe her craving for intimacy. She's not on the level of the girl you're talking about, or Leah in Acting Lessons, but she's just so damn desperate now, it's sad.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes