Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
I have no idea where the Bella mom talk comes from, that I keep seeing lately, is it just because she kisses his forehead when he sleeps, cuts his hair and gives him advice to stop being an overreacting little bitch? I am sorry to say, but if that is triggering your Oedipus complex, maybe you deserve girls that treat you like crap :cautious: :Kappa:

There are zero scenes where Bella treats MC like her son.
One doesn't have to treat a person like their son to be described as "motherly/fatherly", calling her mom/mommy it's because we are chatting in a thread about a lewd game, but regardless, Bella has motherly qualities (not speaking of the juggs :ROFLMAO: ), that some women have and some don't.

The episodes cited (haircut, kiss on the head, etc...) don't make her the MC's mom, but do display that certain predisposition, one that for example Jade doesn't have.

Jill is motherly, Maya isn't (she actually need a fatherly figure), the difference between being a giving person and a self-centered one, and one of the attributes of being a mother/father is the giving aspect.

Does the interaction change during the game? Yes, nobody is going to say that bringing out some anal beads to have a full on anal evening is a motherly attribute, but that's why she isn't the MC's mom and doesn't want to be, but also (imo of course) why I do believe there's some child loss trauma behind her secrets.

Reactions: L1m1tl3ss

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
One doesn't have to treat a person like their son to be described as "motherly/fatherly", calling her mom/mommy it's because we are chatting in a thread about a lewd game, but regardless, Bella has motherly qualities (not speaking of the juggs :ROFLMAO: ), that some women have and some don't.

The episodes cited (haircut, kiss on the head, etc...) don't make her the MC's mom, but do display that certain predisposition, one that for example Jade doesn't have.

Jill is motherly, Maya isn't (she actually need a fatherly figure), the difference between being a giving person and a self-centered one, and one of the attributes of being a mother/father is the giving aspect.

Does the interaction change during the game? Yes, nobody is going to say that bringing out some anal beads to have a full on anal evening is a motherly attribute, but that's why she isn't the MC's mom and doesn't want to be, but also (imo of course) why I do believe there's some child loss trauma behind her secrets.
Agree hell id even say Sage is motherly personally even if she hasn't done anything yet to show or give off that vibe. However because of how much it's clear she cares for the MC I can 100% see her acting motherly towards the MC if he was sick or trying to protect him or something.

Reactions: Ricthequick

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
Agree hell id even say Sage is motherly personally even if she hasn't done anything yet to show or give off that vibe. However because of how much it's clear she cares for the MC I can 100% see her acting motherly towards the MC if he was sick or trying to protect him or something.
Still to be proven, but yes who actually cries when they learn the "birthday trauma" the MC has?

Josy doesn't, Maya doesn't, this is not meant to start a new "crusade against Maya" btw, it's perfectly fine for persons to have different approaches/behaviours and at different stages of one's life one might be more attracted to one than the other.

And since I forgot in my previous post, yes the MC has a fatherly attitude towards most LIs, having these attributes has nothing to do with the sexual part of a relationship btw, a mother is not just a mother she's still a woman.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
I’m new to this but what are the persistent files and transfer data files. Do I need to download them as well? When I tried using an episode 9 start, my game would crash in the beginning after a conversation with Tommy. Same goes with downloading the episode 8 ending. I previously used mods on seasons 1-2 but shouldnt there not be any glitches since it using your save profiles? I managed to get through the beginning of the episode with one of my modded saves but now I’m stuck In a loop with Jill and Bella meeting up outside the house. Help would be nice.
Your persistent file is what stores your progress, whether it be the gallery or collectables and other variables. You transfer data is basically all your save data to transfer to the new binary (season 3).

I would recommend you download the Persistent file if you want to unlock all gallery and collectable options from the jump. The transfer data file is useful if you plan on skipping season 1 and 2 of Being a DIK and jumping straight to season 3.

If you used mods in the past, DPC will detect them and break your game in some way to weed out the modders asking for help. If you're using my saves and you're still getting crashes/loops etc. then you need to delete your saves/persistent, then download a un-modded build, then re-install my saves and you should be good to go. Hope this helps

Reactions: KaiserST

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a different game while reading these posts.
I don't know what's motherly about any of this but since a lot of you think so, where can I find me a "mother figure" like Bella? :lepew:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have no idea where the Bella mom talk comes from, that I keep seeing lately, is it just because she kisses his forehead when he sleeps, cuts his hair and gives him advice to stop being an overreacting little bitch? I am sorry to say, but if that is triggering your Oedipus complex, maybe you deserve girls that treat you like crap :cautious: :Kappa:

There are zero scenes where Bella treats MC like her son.
As far as I know the only thing close to a motherly relationship I've been able to deduce is with Jade's Role playing "Mommy/Son" crap.

Where Bella is concerned, I got nothin'.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
If you used mods in the past, DPC will detect them and break your game in some way to weed out the modders asking for help.
As usual, note that this is not accurate so long as you use reliable mods and use the same mod in each update of the game (including S1/2 to S3). The only way reliable mods might break your game should be down to the user, by trying to get all paths on a single playthrough, for instance (like it appears the user asking the question did).

Reactions: Sephironii

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
As usual, note that this is not accurate so long as you use reliable mods and use the same mod in each update of the game (including S1/2 to S3). The only way reliable mods might break your game should be down to the user, by trying to get all paths on a single playthrough, for instance (like it appears the user asking the question did).
Yes, but mostly no. Every time a new update has come out, one of the most frequent post on the thread is "anyone know how to get past this render/dialogue?" or "my game keeps crashing here". Any mod will trigger the traps. It's only when modders update their mod for the latest episode will these issues go away. Sancho is an example of this. Great modder, but they still have to work around these traps. I've had people message me saying they only used it for money and they still run into issues when the next update drops.

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017
Mr Wallace was Stephen's old, corrupt boss of a stock brokerage company:

View attachment 3824774
I was about to replay that part, just finished replaying ep9. Now I'm sure it not just random name. At first I thought that Stephen rejected Maya application even though he said to Sage that would consider it because Maya joined the HOTs, and we even discussed that maybe was something to do with Quinn, but now it makes me wonder if it wasn't because he saw where the money is coming from.

EDIT: Ok so I was rewatching that flash back and Stephen says to his psychiatrist that "started 8 years ago" by the same time Jade started her PhD and from what I understood they've adopted when she was halfway through, which should be 1-2 years after, so 6 years before the flashback. Sage should be around 22-23 during the events of the game, she kept her name Morgan so she were self conscious when she was adopted, anyone have any idea what age that would be? I'm guessing around 6 (?) supposing that somehow that's right, during the flashback Sage would be ~12yo (or adoption age + 6), which means that the flashback was happening 10 years ago (not from now, probably from 2018-19, the game release, because Stephen was using one of those phones that slided for keyboard, kind of a BlackBerry) which also matches subprime crisis.

His boss back then should be around his late 40s or early 50s, let's say 50. MC was 9, 9 years before he would have been 41 and Lynette should be around 20 when she had MC, so he would have been father at 21, is not that far off.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady alady.
Bella is closed off but is beautiful and is actually caring.
Blah blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
1720817294907.gif

Why Darkwen, I didn't know you could compliment a girl that isn't Josy without it being backhanded. I'm going to name you an honorary Bella lover :whistle:
*pew pew*
1720817697810.png

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
I could have sworn that, during the Halloween party, there was an interaction in your room where a guy goes in there to use the bathroom. But I can't seem to trigger it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I could have sworn that, during the Halloween party, there was an interaction in your room where a guy goes in there to use the bathroom. But I can't seem to trigger it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Just keep moving around in your room, it'll proc. You have to do it before talking to Sage IIRC, because that guy starts peeing in the beer bottle behind Sage as she talks.

Reactions: KaiserST and Siphon

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Yes, but mostly no. Every time a new update has come out, one of the most frequent post on the thread is "anyone know how to get past this render/dialogue?" or "my game keeps crashing here". Any mod will trigger the traps. It's only when modders update their mod for the latest episode will these issues go away. Sancho is an example of this. Great modder, but they still have to work around these traps. I've had people message me saying they only used it for money and they still run into issues when the next update drops.
Well yes, but that's user error for not using the correct version of a mod. It applies to any game, not just this one where the dev deliberately puts in locks to try and thwart the mods. Granted, too many players are not savvy enough or patient enough to look around for a few more seconds to realise this, but it's still a bit disingenuous to say that mods will break the game, as a blanket statement.

As a side note, I really don't get the money part of it. I've never really needed more money than I have at any point of the game - there's always some lying around, or someone to buy you a lapdance, or a Brawler to win, etc. Is it just because people have no control and always get their wallet out when one of Quinn's dishes or a PR girl asks them to, no matter what?

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
As a side note, I really don't get the money part of it. I've never really needed more money than I have at any point of the game - there's always some lying around, or someone to buy you a lapdance, or a Brawler to win, etc. Is it just because people have no control and always get their wallet out when one of Quinn's dishes or a PR girl asks them to, no matter what?
Depends on how diligently you play the phone games and how many upgrades you buy from Derek and Magnar. Being Quinn's customer adds some costs. And then there is Jacob's art which only has to be bought on one run, but if you try to unlock everything in a minimal number of runs it adds up to quite a lot.

There's a lot of things to buy, it's just that most of it is useless.

Reactions: AmaroPargo
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes