Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
if you defeat the blackmail of the loan, Patrick's is not a reconciliation but a surrender, it changes a lot.

Maya doesn't have a financial problem, she already has the loan to pay for college, she has a problem with her father, that has to be solved. and her mother's illness doesn't make it avoidable, Patrick has to come to his senses
The onus is entirely on Patrick here though. Maya is under no obligation to reach out to him after the shit he's pulled.

While the blackmail is in place, Patrick has little motive other than his wife's illness to try to reconcile. From his perspective, he has years for Maya to "come to her senses". With that blackmail removed, he probably no longer would feel like he can just play the waiting game and might actually start processing that unless he owns up to his awful behavior that he may lose both his wife and daughter forever.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Pretty sure the whole patrick situation will resolve itself (like most "problems" in badik really). Helen will die, Patrick will read her latter and realize how misguided he was all the time as helen doesnt even mentions grandkids (but ask him to always take care of their kids) and will have a mental breakdown, maybe even close to suicide.

Afterwards he will just continue to pay for maya and dereks tutition (i dont think there ever was a loan) and probably need their support to be even able to keep going.

Thats my assumption at least
in my opinion, if Helen dies, Patrick may well end up in jail.Helen's death would be a badass dramatic moment, and also quite sudden considering that the most likely scenario is that Badik does not go beyond his freshman year of college.

I see more of a scenario where Helen realizes what is happening to her family and forces Patrick to see the evil he is doing
The onus is entirely on Patrick here though. Maya is under no obligation to reach out to him after the shit he's pulled.

While the blackmail is in place, Patrick has little motive other than his wife's illness to try to reconcile. From his perspective, he has years for Maya to "come to her senses". With that blackmail removed, he probably no longer would feel like he can just play the waiting game and might actually start processing that unless he owns up to his awful behavior that he may lose both his wife and daughter forever.
not quite so... Patrick has every reason to make peace with his daughter and stop tyrannizing over her life, especially if as it seems from l flashback this religious fixation is not even his directly but a reflection of Helen.

if there is no such assumption there is no point in seeking a reconciliation, if Patrick cannot be a father to Maya unless hard defeated there is no value in recovering him

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
in my opinion, if Helen dies, Patrick may well end up in jail.Helen's death would be a badass dramatic moment, and also quite sudden considering that the most likely scenario is that Badik does not go beyond his freshman year of college.

I see more of a scenario where Helen realizes what is happening to her family and forces Patrick to see the evil he is doing

not quite so... Patrick has every reason to make peace with his daughter and stop tyrannizing over her life, especially if as it seems from l flashback this religious fixation is not even his directly but a reflection of Helen.

if there is no such assumption there is no point in seeking a reconciliation, if Patrick cannot be a father to Maya unless hard defeated there is no value in recovering him
Why would Helen's death result in Patrick going to jail. Most likely he will read her will and introspect himself and this is how Tuition money story arc ends. Neither of the twins want their father to be jailed.

Dec 21, 2021
Now that I think about it, does the MC (or anyone else) ever even take into consideration using some rubber? :unsure:
MC complains about having to use one with Jill until he gets checked out if you're on her path, otherwise not really.

Someone comments during the Hell Week party about them, but it's very clear that everyone is doing each other raw.

Reactions: Steuan

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
Pretty sure the whole patrick situation will resolve itself (like most "problems" in badik really). Helen will die, Patrick will read her latter and realize how misguided he was all the time as helen doesnt even mentions grandkids (but ask him to always take care of their kids) and will have a mental breakdown, maybe even close to suicide.

Afterwards he will just continue to pay for maya and dereks tutition (i dont think there ever was a loan) and probably need their support to be even able to keep going.

Thats my assumption at least
Yeah, all those loan papers pointed medical loans and business loans, he just lied to them to keep them in leash. There is no loan to begin with probably, his first promise with Helen was to have them graduate.

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
MC complains about having to use one with Jill until he gets checked out if you're on her path, otherwise not really.

Someone comments during the Hell Week party about them, but it's very clear that everyone is doing each other raw.
Maybe it's for future if MC cheats on Jill with someone he will get STD and this is how Jill will find out.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes