KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
This would make sense, the second part, not bringing a Vulcanian to emotions haha, if indeed both characters have actual feelings for the MC and make them more believable.

Now not wanting to start another "I don't like/ I like Maya" crusade I'll preface the next bit by saying, personally character wise I'm more like Maya (self-centered and not trusting) and that's why I tend not to get along well with the same kind of person, then again I'm almost 50, none of my relationships lasted more than 5 years (that I broke up when she brought up having kids), but also learned how to behave around people due to experience, which I can understand a 19yrs old college lad/dude might not have.

That said this kind of answer
View attachment 3858170

Is exactly why I don't like her as a character, and by that I don't mean she's poorly written, just that's the kind of answer that would trigger in me (probably mostly a DIKish person by nature) an answer like:

"well suck it up, despite everything the world doesn't revolve around you Maya, sorry but not sorry, there's the door thou, I won't stop you"

And close any kind of further love/interest interaction. :rolleyes:

Feelings are feelings, everyone has them, being that aggressive versus someone else's feelings, especially if it's someone you consider a friend (or more), shows how insecure someone is, but also how self-centered they are, shows lack of "empathy", which in the case of Maya is imo true no matter what path the MC is on and not just towards the MC.
Damn, dude... :unsure::(
sad-brooklyn.gif

• Sad
Reactions: Ricthequick

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This would make sense, the second part, not bringing a Vulcanian to emotions haha, if indeed both characters have actual feelings for the MC and make them more believable.

Now not wanting to start another "I don't like/ I like Maya" crusade I'll preface the next bit by saying, personally character wise I'm more like Maya (self-centered and not trusting) and that's why I tend not to get along well with the same kind of person, then again I'm almost 50, none of my relationships lasted more than 5 years (that I broke up when she brought up having kids), but also learned how to behave around people due to experience, which I can understand a 19yrs old college lad/dude might not have.

That said this kind of answer
View attachment 3858170

Is exactly why I don't like her as a character, and by that I don't mean she's poorly written, just that's the kind of answer that would trigger in me (probably mostly a DIKish person by nature) an answer like:

"well suck it up, despite everything the world doesn't revolve around you Maya, sorry but not sorry, there's the door thou, I won't stop you"

And close any kind of further love/interest interaction. :rolleyes:

Feelings are feelings, everyone has them, being that aggressive versus someone else's feelings, especially if it's someone you consider a friend (or more), shows how insecure someone is, but also how self-centered they are, shows lack of "empathy", which in the case of Maya is imo true no matter what path the MC is on and not just towards the MC.
I think that I understand why Maya said this. Not the good words, but she acting like this in any stressful situation. She explodes and vents at people around her, after realizing that she was wrong. For example, when in Ep.7 in class Maya is aggressive with Josy and Josy calls her off that she doesn't deserve such an attitude. It looks like a defense mechanism for an unstable mental system.

MC ofc have a rights to say all of this, but he shouldn't, if he is not a retard.

Reactions: L1m1tl3ss

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
I think that I understand why Maya said this. Not the good words, but she acting like this in any stressful situation. She explodes and vents at people around her, after realizing that she was wrong. For example, when in Ep.7 in class Maya is aggressive with Josy and Josy calls her off that she doesn't deserve such an attitude. It looks like a defense mechanism for an unstable mental system.

MC ofc have a rights to say all of this, but he shouldn't, if he is not a retard.
And there's the problem. ;)

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
What me being an almost 50yrs old dude who's never had a long/stable relationship or the analysis I did about Maya? :ROFLMAO:

She does this in every occasion, even early on when you are cuddling together in her bed and she immediately snaps and starts shouting, or when she snaps at Josy when she doesn't immediately dislike the idea of joining the HOTs, etc...
That's part of who she is, the only bit I don't like too much about the VN is that despite her being this kind of person, everyone (well except Quinn & co.) end up on the "we need to save her ass" train, no questions asked, this part is not really beliveable, if that's how you interact with folks... some will be fine some will never be, but I can understand how a story needs a main theme (that's not just MC wants to bang XYZ) to move on.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
086.png
Here, I whipped up a version of that.
View attachment 3858276
Are you trying to give Joshy a boner now he going to want a cummy kiss
Yeah, that's it! Joshy would love to lick that phone.
And there's the problem. ;)
The MC state is Schrödinger's retardism. He seems normal, but 5 minutes later he’s a complete idiot. And the player can only partially make him normal, or go full retard.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
What me being an almost 50yrs old dude who's never had a long/stable relationship or the analysis I did about Maya? :ROFLMAO:
Both.
But I'm glad to see that you're not discouraged.:D(y)
Although...
It's impossible to be discouraged for a long time when DW in the thread.:LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricthequick

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
Both.
But I'm glad to see that you're not discouraged.:D(y)
Although...
It's impossible to be discouraged for a long time when DW in thread.:LOL:
Hahaha true!

For what concerns myself... I learned to know myself (would be sad if I had not at my age lol) and I'm fine with it, less drama, more freedom and experiences at the cost of that something else.
The fun/werid part of it thou is that despite me being who I am, to this day I'm in very good relationships (just not love and sex) with most of my ex partners, being honest and not having knee jerk reactions usually helps.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

She does this in every occasion, even early on when you are cuddling together in her bed and she immediately snaps and starts shouting, or when she snaps at Josy when she doesn't immediately dislike the idea of joining the HOTs, etc...
That's part of who she is, the only bit I don't like too much about the VN is that despite her being this kind of person, everyone (well except Quinn & co.) end up on the "we need to save her ass" train, no questions asked, this part is not really beliveable, if that's how you interact with folks... some will be fine some will never be, but I can understand how a story needs a main theme (that's not just MC wants to bang XYZ) to move on.
Yes, she is who she is. And this is sad, but understandable. Growing up in a toxic environment, with a tyrant at home and a bedridden mother. The fact that she has outbursts is a damaged psyche. This doesn't make Maya a bad person - she's a good person who had a lot of terrible things happen to her.
What she needs is a change of environment to a calmer one, solving problems with her father and consulting with a psychologist. Damage is fixable, for now. We'll see how she handle her mom's passing away in the future.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Yes, she is who she is. And this is sad, but understandable. Growing up in a toxic environment, with a tyrant at home and a bedridden mother. The fact that she has outbursts is a damaged psyche. This doesn't make Maya a bad person - she's a good person who had a lot of terrible things happen to her.
What she needs is a change of environment to a calmer one, solving problems with her father and consulting with a psychologist. Damage is fixable, for now. We'll see how she handle her mom's passing away in the future.
Maya doesn't need to worry, I'll be there for her. Especially since Joshy is too busy with literally everyone else :KEK:
Maya Cuddle.png

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes