ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
Josy does everyone
Alady Alady Alady
look I fixed it!
Wanted to quickly comment on this. Even if Maya and Josy feel equally as strong about MC as they do each other, I can understand them opting not to include him in their relationship if he's only into one of them.

Consider that at this point Maya and Josy have been together for probably 6+ months and MC has only been with them for something like 2 weeks. Bringing in a third person into a relationship is a huge risk. Maya and Josy know they are both interested in MC. If MC is only interested in one of them, they know the other is likely to be jealous and hurt. It's totally reasonable to decide the risk to the longer established relationship isn't worth it if you know jealousy is going to be an issue.

If MC instead likes them both, then they likely decided that jealousy is probably going to be something they can manage with good communication. Therefore, the risk to their existing relationship is lower, apparently low enough for them to decide the risk is worth the potential reward.

It sucks for a MC that's only into one of them, but it's a reasonable choice to make.
you sir are a unicorn, you actually get it! lol

Reactions: Rehwyn

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
MC does help with there insecurities but it more when picking one over the other, Maya's other then loan and her problems with Josy can get taken care of just by being in relationship. Josy we see progress by spending time with her to me big thing for Josy is to overcome the fear of ending up alone everything else either comes from that honestly is minor like needing to be like or being to nice which she is getting better at but in truth if you go by the real world is very common is you usually grow out of with time
Yep my point there was mostly that "where there's a will there's a way", if the narrative chance to only pick one was there content could have been tailored in that direction, while still including all 3 characters (MC, Maya and Josy).

The more I spin my 2 rusty brain cogs, the more I'm getting the nagging feeling that Maya is a defacto secondary MC (unlike most other LIs) and that leads to...

*puts tinfoil hat on*
Manwithtinfoil.png

The only actual positive ending involves her? :eek:

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Yep my point there was mostly that "where there's a will there's a way", if the narrative chance to only pick one was there content could have been tailored in that direction, while still including all 3 characters (MC, Maya and Josy).

The more I spin my 2 rusty brain cogs, the more I'm getting the nagging feeling that Maya is a defacto secondary MC (unlike most other LIs) and that leads to...

*puts tinfoil hat on*
View attachment 3860164

My personal theory for why Maya and her loan problem is so central is that it serves as a way to bring the MC + 5 main LIs together as a team, and that narratively getting them all together is important for solving other larger problems facing the DIKs and HOTs later on.

Edit: If this is the case, if you're on a "good ending" path, I expect Maya's loan to be mostly resolved by end of Season 3, and for the "team" to pivot towards dealing with other bigger issues in Season 4. This would also give time for the MJ throuple to stabilize, potentially "come out", and show everyone's reactions to that as well.

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

*puts tinfoil hat on*
View attachment 3860164

Most of the game is picking one of them which does chance the content based on who you pick like Josy wearing MC sweater or Bella finding the "sex ed" on the board, or Josy have a blush or Maya's TV. So the content does chance

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
guys I know how we can pay off Maya's debt and get rid of her contract. Lets turn Josy into a stripper and work for the restaurant. I saw someone post some pictures what she would look like as a Stripper a day or 2 ago and they were amazing. I'd say she make a better stripper than Lilly.
Josy becoming a stripper has been a staple of our community theory for years.

Her doing it for Maya though, I'm not a fan of.

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017

*puts tinfoil hat on*
View attachment 3860164

Let me borrow your foil hat here because I've never told here but I have some similar thinking towards Jill. Not that she's a "secondary MC", but that she's the "right" choice in the game, I would say the happy ending (Sage during the date talks about moving after graduation to where she gets a good job, and she graduates by the end of next semester; Bella is way older, teacher to MC and we don't know exactly about her husband yet; the throuple seems a bit doomed in the long run to me; and Others, fuck it).

My main point is that she presents the game at the beginning, so it leads me to believe that somehow DPC has a preference for her over the others. And the other thing is that her branch scenes is the only one that actually adds to the MC story.

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
My personal theory for why Maya and her loan problem is so central is that it serves as a way to bring the MC + 5 main LIs together as a team, and that narratively getting them all together is important for solving other larger problems facing the DIKs and HOTs later on.
Hmm that might very well be, and it's also why it feels a bit too forced to me, but to be fair most of the issues every other LI has is either teenager level kind of issue, insecurity, cheating partner or something "shady" like in the case of Bella (who I think has no real positive outcome sadly), I can't see anyone of them as main character in a story.

Meanwhile Maya's troubles are the ones that make for a compelling "hero journey" and are actual serious troubles (dying mother, more and more deranged father...), imo for her the real issue is not the loan, as I stated already, plenty of people had to make do, I paid my studies on my own, 2nd of 3 siblings and not from a rich family, but some issues one has really no way to sort them, terminally hill mother? How do you fix that? You need to grow through pain and learn to live it with it (that's a hero journey on itself).

Reactions: Rehwyn

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
well was more of a Joke wasn't serious about her doing it for Maya. Tho I do like Maya more than Josy. Josy is kind of just mid to me.
IMO Josy is just infatuated, typical teenage puppy love. Doesn't likely know WHY she likes MC, but just thinks he's the best. Ujntil we get a bit more character development on her part, she's just the tax on being with Maya. I will admit she has potential but DPC needs to give us more backstory.

Reactions: Rehwyn and Dessolos

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Hmm that might very well be, and it's also why it feels a bit too forced to me, but to be fair most of the issues every other LI has is either teenager level kind of issue, insecurity, cheating partner or something "shady" like in the case of Bella (who I think has no real positive outcome sadly), I can't see anyone of them as main character in a story.

Meanwhile Maya's troubles are the ones that make for a compelling "hero journey" and are actual serious troubles (dying mother, more and more deranged father...), imo for her the real issue is not the loan, as I stated already, plenty of people had to make do, I paid my studies on my own, 2nd of 3 siblings and not from a rich family, but some issues one has really no way to sort them, terminally hill mother? How do you fix that? You need to grow through pain and learn to live it with it (that's a hero journey on itself).
Yup, agreed. I suppose we don't really know what tuition is at this school (I doubt it's public state community college rates though) so perhaps she legit couldn't afford it even when working. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, the other stuff she's facing (dying mother, abusive father, stigma of being rejected for who she is) is going to cause a lot of chronic stress and fatigue even ignoring financial concerns.

Reactions: ModiThorrson

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
Let me borrow your foil hat here because I've never told here but I have some similar thinking towards Jill. Not that she's a "secondary MC", but that she's the "right" choice in the game, I would say the happy ending (Sage during the date talks about moving after graduation to where she gets a good job, and she graduates by the end of next semester; Bella is way older, teacher to MC and we don't know exactly about her husband yet; the throuple seems a bit doomed in the long run to me; and Others, fuck it).

My main point is that she presents the game at the beginning, so it leads me to believe that somehow DPC has a preference for her over the others. And the other thing is that her branch scenes is the only one that actually adds to the MC story.
Oh she could be too, have to admit not really sure how old Jill is, isn't she also about to graduate? I imagine since it's not mentioned no?
Again it makes sense, but I think there's something missing in her character, but I've only played her path until the end of the halloween party.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
IMO Josy is just infatuated, typical teenage puppy love. Doesn't likely know WHY she likes MC, but just thinks he's the best. Ujntil we get a bit more character development on her part, she's just the tax on being with Maya. I will admit she has potential but DPC needs to give us more backstory.
yeah that's my biggest problem the MC and Josy just like each other. But she is Maya centric and little to no character deveolopment for now. That it is hard to care about her or considering her anything more than mid or someone that is fun for the content but that's it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Josy knows why she is falling in love with MC part of it has to do with how he makes her feel a very real thing. Josy isn't lacking for development to me there a very clear and wonderful story she grown a lot since ep1 perfection only gets more perfect.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
Josy knows why she is falling in love with MC part of it has to do with how he makes her feel a very real thing. Josy isn't lacking for development to me there a very clear and wonderful story she grown a lot since ep1 perfection only gets more perfect.
I dunno, I don't remember any conversation after the first date where she actally expresses any reason behind her affection for MC. You are more familiar with her side of the throuple though so if you could point some conversations out that would be cool.

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
Yup, agreed. I suppose we don't really know what tuition is at this school (I doubt it's public state community college rates though) so perhaps she legit couldn't afford it even when working. :ROFLMAO:
Sorry for the relatively off-topic point, but as I mentioned to one of the young employees I manage when he was complaining how difficult it is to find jobs that pay enough...

There's always a way (more than one usually), it really depends on how much one wants something.

For a while I REALLY wanted to go to college (University), I had 2 jobs for 2 full years, neither was fun or gratifying, hell one was miliking cows in the early mornings for a big livestock farming, thankfully (so to speak) the owner was a proper racist like "no way I want a black dude to put his hands on my cows so I'll pay you double, since nobody else wants to do it" kind of racist... sigh.
Btw I wasn't manually milking them, just in case, I was corraling them in and out of the milking machine while cleaning and mantaining it.

All I'm saying is there are some things that objectively out of reach for a given person, but getting money to live (in this case to go to college) isn't one, it's just a matter of what you are willing to commit and sacrifice to get it, there's always also "Quinn's way" of making money.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Sorry for the relatively off-topic point, but as I mentioned to one of the young employees I manage when he was complaining how difficult it is to find jobs that pay enough...

There's always a way (more than one usually), it really depends on how much one wants something.

For a while I REALLY wanted to go to college (University), I had 2 jobs for 2 full years, neither was fun or gratifying, hell one was miliking cows in the early mornings for a big livestock farming, thankfully (so to speak) the owner was a proper racist like "no way I want a black dude to put his hands on my cows so I'll pay you double, since nobody else wants to do it" kind of racist... sigh.
Btw I wasn't manually milking them, just in case, I was corraling them in and out of the milking machine while cleaning and mantaining it.

All I'm saying is there are some things that objectively out of reach for a given person, but getting money to live (in this case to go to college) isn't one, it's just a matter of what you are willing to commit and sacrifice to get it, there's always also "Quinn's way" of making money.
I hear ya, and overall agree.

I will mention though that, depending on when you went to college, the cost has ballooned in the US even after adjusting for inflation (comparing 2020 vs 1980, a 180% increase in average cost after adjusting for inflation; or a roughly 65-70% increase since 2000). Still obtainable for many, but would require even greater commitment and sacrifices. Factor in growing income inequality and that's an additional barrier for people fresh out of high school.

Definitely getting off topic though, so I'll stop here as well.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I dunno, I don't remember any conversation after the first date where she actally expresses any reason behind her affection for MC. You are more familiar with her side of the throuple though so if you could point some conversations out that would be cool.
Ep 7 after Josy and Maya have a fight and Patrick shows up they have a sweet moment together she tells him she feels safe with him and MC says it crazy we be this close after how we meet. from ep7 onward they have lots of moments like that. If your asking for a scene where she fully explain her feeling on throuple beyond saying she has a Major crush which is no small confession and makes perfect sense for Josy to express her feelings like. But no girl has done more then that not one. Josy said that they should take it slow but if your waiting for Josy to fully express herself that should happen this ep or in 12 but you could say the same for every girl not just Josy

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
Ep 7 after Josy and Maya have a fight and Patrick shows up they have a sweet moment together she tells him she feels safe with him and MC says it crazy we be this close after how we meet. from ep7 onward they have lots of moments like that. If your asking for a scene where she fully explain her feeling on throuple beyond saying she has a Major crush which is no small confession and makes perfect sense for Josy to express her feelings like. But no girl has done more then that not one. Josy said that they should take it slow but if your waiting for Josy to fully express herself that should happen this ep or in 12 but you could say the same for every girl not just Josy
actually both maya and sage talk about what they like about the mc, maya at the prep party, and sage in multiple scenes but not neccesarily on path, like when sage is talking with M&J about their shared disappointment at him choosing someone else.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes