Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Don't remember him saying that either, but a mini-episode with Vinny as the protagonist could be quite fun :Kappa:
It would both piss people the fuck off because he would spend months developing the thing and it would most likely also give everyone a different perspective about a character that is so hated since I have no doubt he would write something interesting.

But DPC, if you're reading this, do not get any ideas :cautious:

View attachment 3886698
So like Last of Us 2?

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Finally got around to starting this game and glad I did. Love it so far (on Episode 7).

I love how you make one comment about Sage's ass in Episode 1 and you get called Ass Man the rest of the game by Derek. (and the nickname starts spreading to others)
It's too bad the alternative ("bro") sucks so fucking much.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
I've literally never picked the choice to tell Derek that I was looking at Sage's ass, always tits. Heard something about this a long time ago but now I realize why it is that every time that I've played this game Derek calls my MC "bro" all the damn time.
The choices are actually "Banter" and "Defend her". I guess you chose the latter.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
The choices are actually "Banter" and "Defend her". I guess you chose the latter.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've definitely chosen "Banter" too many times before, so it's weird that I haven't catched that Derek would've then called the MC "ass man" and I remember him always calling my MC just "bro". You know, I remember the sex scene with Sage in EP7 where you fuck her outdoors first and she mentioned something about hearing that asses were the MC's "thing", and as the MC says "Fucking Derek..." I just thought to myself that he doesn't call him "ass man" that often. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to that detail.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
When did he say that? And what would it even be about? I doubt it would center on Neil/Lynette, the diary segments already function similarly. If we use Zoey as a template, it would revolve around a character with little characterization but prominent importance to the story/MC. There's his grandpa, but I doubt DPC would use him.

Maybe it would be more of a side adventure, where we see MC court Yoga Girl and they make love the entire time :giggle:
yoga-girl-is-love-yoga-girl-is-life.jpg

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Finally got around to starting this game and glad I did. Love it so far (on Episode 7).

I love how you make one comment about Sage's ass in Episode 1 and you get called Ass Man the rest of the game by Derek. (and the nickname starts spreading to others)
It's too bad the alternative ("bro") sucks so fucking much.
URM is your Friend. Use text replace to change Assman to anything you want. ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JillybeanEnjoyer

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
I kinda burned through 0.8 faster than I thought (I was wrong I forgot I was actually on Episode 8, not 7). I think the one issue I had with the game (so far) was being on the DIK path locks you out of a lot of the default 5 LIs; even if you cheat a bit like I wound up doing.

Maya and Josie won't agree to try dating you, you completely miss out on Jill's first kiss on the DIK path and that basically vaults you off it... even Bella hates a lot of the pro-DIK choices, but I wound up with her and Sage (best girl) as options. Of course there's also the staying single option and I guess that opens up way more later but still... I feel kinda left out for playing the Frat Boy stereotype in the Frat Boy game.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I've definitely chosen "Banter" too many times before, so it's weird that I haven't catched that Derek would've then called the MC "ass man" and I remember him always calling my MC just "bro". You know, I remember the sex scene with Sage in EP7 where you fuck her outdoors first and she mentioned something about hearing that asses were the MC's "thing", and as the MC says "Fucking Derek..." I just thought to myself that he doesn't call him "ass man" that often. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to that detail.
I just love that the name catches on with others. I think Quinn said "I heard they call you 'ass man'", Jill asks John Boy about why Derek calls MC "ass man", and of course my favorites:
Yoink.png Ass Man Can't Come to the Phone.png Bella Having Problems Ass Man.png

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I kinda burned through 0.8 faster than I thought (I was wrong I forgot I was actually on Episode 8, not 7). I think the one issue I had with the game (so far) was being on the DIK path locks you out of a lot of the default 5 LIs; even if you cheat a bit like I wound up doing.

Maya and Josie won't agree to try dating you, you completely miss out on Jill's first kiss on the DIK path and that basically vaults you off it... even Bella hates a lot of the pro-DIK choices, but I wound up with her and Sage (best girl) as options. Of course there's also the staying single option and I guess that opens up way more later but still... I feel kinda left out for playing the Frat Boy stereotype in the Frat Boy game.
You can actually date Maya and Josy as a DIK, the trick is to be neutral/CHICK when you try for something more in the mansion's library in Episode 4. After they accept you, then you can go full DIK.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I have a question to add to your Masterplan theory (which I liked very much - except from Josy and Steve part, that one you went a bit off): Sage's mom. Is just a personal issue to her or do you think the character itself will be relevant to the story?
If I recall correctly, Sage was adopted from a foster home. Since she was able to bond with Quinn about her personal life, I think her mom might have been a drug addict. I doubt she will factor into the story beyond providing motivation for Sage to turn against Quinn for dealing drugs and for Sage to help with Jill's event she is planning with Jonathan to honor Lana.

and just like that every other theory's legitimacy comes into question :Kappa:
Do not doubt the genius that is Derek. He never studies and gets straight A's. Everyone assumes he cheats, but ye of little faith need to trust in your DIK bro.

In my most recent playthrough I printed some moments that I've found to be relevant. That was one of the scenes mentioned, my former theory was that Beth wasn't doing it alone. To me this dialogue was about the pictures on the wall (BeingADikDik theory is that it is related to the drugs). I would add to my theory, based on his, that they are hot enought to seduce some tri-betas to do the hacking part, which also would be in their best interest.
View attachment 3885448
I thought about this, and while it could be correct, I think there are two factions of girls.

One set of girls are disaffected by the immature antics of the DIKs. They want to get revenge on the DIKs, so they post their Hell Week photos to embarrass them like they were embarrassed during their walks of shame. It might be instructive to get screenshots of the girls shown to do walks of shame to come up with a list of suspects involved other than Beth.

The other set of girls don't care about any of that. These girls, the Vixens, like to party hard, so finding heroin (or whatever is in the needle that Quinn/Tommy/Heather share in that flashback) is their idea of a good night.

But ... Beth and Avery are the girls that hook up with the preps at the dorm party, so they clearly associate with each other. Thus it is possible that the above quote indeed refers to the photos, but that still leaves open the question about the drugs. Why would DPC bother to render the needle in Tommy's room during the party and have it disappear as the party goes on? This is a detail that seems like it should play a factor in the story.

If it is not the Vixens responsible for stealing the drugs during the Halloween party, then who? Derek.
Why Derek? Recall during the mansion cleanup that MC finds Derek coming up from the basement and asks him what he was up to. Derek responds that he was using the bathroom. Oblivious MC simply remarks there is no bathroom in the basement, not noticing that Derek looks totally wasted. Perhaps Derek has turned to drug use to help him get over Ashley and Tommy is selling it to him. He takes the drugs and shoots up at the Halloween party which is why he is passed out for awhile (and not just regular drunk). He needed something to help make his troubles *poof* go away. Maybe this ties into MC's blackout and recalled memories while sleeping in the tent after the Thanksgiving party. Perhaps MC will recall seeing Tommy share a needle with Derek at the Pink Rose, which is where he first gets hooked?

broxitar

May 29, 2021
If there's another interlude, I bet it'll be diving deep into Quinn's past. If we're going to follow her down into her world, it'll help if we have a better understanding of how she went from sleeping in a slum/crime den to attending college and learning to take such amazing care of her body.

Honestly, the "side girls" thing is starting to worry me. Just because I've seen AVNs where I fall in love with "side characters" and then nothing more is done with them. I want the side girls route to have development and an ending that feels as deep and meaningful as the main girls route. Quinn feels like a main girl. Really, she feels like the poster girl for the side girls route. I just hope that DPC will manage to do justice to all of their stories. I keep hearing that a lot of people felt sad at the ending to his last AVN.

Maybe DPC will manage to wrap whichever side girl we choose into the theme of "I still don't have a steady girlfriend" that popped up at the start of season 2 if we didn't pick a main girl. That'd be pretty slick.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
I just love that the name catches on with others. I think Quinn said "I heard they call you 'ass man'", Jill asks John Boy about why Derek calls MC "ass man", and of course my favorites:
View attachment 3886904 View attachment 3886905 View attachment 3886906
Bella saying that to Derek on the phone will never not be funny. Interactions between Derek and Bella are always hilarious anyway, like during the Halloween party when he was explaining to her how the teachers never catch on to his tricks during class. :KEK:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
When did he say that? And what would it even be about? I doubt it would center on Neil/Lynette, the diary segments already function similarly. If we use Zoey as a template, it would revolve around a character with little characterization but prominent importance to the story/MC. There's his grandpa, but I doubt DPC would use him.

Maybe it would be more of a side adventure, where we see MC court Yoga Girl and they make love the entire time :giggle:
He said it at the start of season 3

4.80 star(s) 1,541 Votes