Asherandai

Sep 20, 2018
I think the standard is four years. Freshman, sophomore, junior and senior.

There is a conversation with Maya in one of the earlier episodes where she says that she would be done with college in four years or three if she worked hard.

But college works differently in any case. The years are more like a guideline and the individual courses are what really define your education. You have to do basic ones before advanced ones on the same subject and a lot require you to complete gen ed courses that are more of a recap of what you should have learned in high school so the freshman year is much the same for all students, but beyond that which year you are is just a trivial detail.
I thought that was a High School thing? I'm not from America so I only have a vague understanding of their education system... 3 schools + university which they call college.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
I thought that was a High School thing? I'm not from America so I only have a vague understanding of their education system... 3 schools + university which they call college.
They use the same terms in college, but like I said they don't really mean much. Technically, you can really drag your studies and spend five or more years, but the tuition costs make that really impractical. The point is to spend some money on education and then earn higher wages that eventually pay it back and you'll end up profiting from it in the long run. But if you spend more years getting that education, the "eventually" is pushed further into future.

That's why student loans are such an important topic. Why even get a higher education if you don't end up profiting from it? And if people don't profit from a higher education, how do you get people for the jobs that require that level of knowledge?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
yes, 21 is circa 20
in my country " ~ " this mean: circa. sorry if i misunderstand something

yes, they were friends before diks, so probably they keep the friendship. however i think Nick dont tell everything to vinny. they speak about interesting things, like Cathy post from dik laptop. and they dont speak things like, what is the password to the dik safe. i think dpc would love creating a situation, where Nick looks like a traiter, but Nick did not give any relative info to vinny, so kind of innocent, but Tommy will call him traiter and want him drop out.

well, we dont know much ages and bdays. but we know the collage is 3 year long. we know mc is in first year. we know Sage is in her last year. 2 year difference.
ofc only if Sage didnt failed a semester.
I don't think so.

Three years, but it can also be four depending on the address, is the minimum duration for the first degree, the so-called bachelor's degree.

Sage, for example, makes it clear that she considers it wrong to stop at the bachelor's degree and is the only one to talk about thesis discussion and graduation, while Tommy, Rusty and Jill, who are in their third year, never mention it

and even in the flash back when Tommy and Rusty are freshmen Sage is already an important reference of the HOTs.

so the age difference with Sage is wider

Reactions: iamcomming

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
For anyone interested...

I am American and also have been a teacher at the high school and college/university levels. Primary school (which Americans usually call "elementary" school) is generally 6 years, then middle school is grades 7 and 8, then secondary school ("high" school) is grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Some school systems split grades 9 and 10 into "junior high," but that is just semantics. At graduation students are awarded a "high school diploma," which is generally required to go on to higher, also called post-secondary, education. To go to any college, students must apply. Some schools have "open" admissions, which means that anyone with a high school diploma who applies (and can pay) can attend. Other schools set standards and admit only a fraction of those who apply.

Post-secondary schooling can also include community or technical college, which is usually a lower-cost option that offers 2-year degrees ("associate" degrees or certificates in technical areas). And of course there are 4-year universities and colleges (in the US these terms are generally interchangeable) that typically cost more and offer bachelor's degrees. Many of these schools also offer master's degrees and doctorates (PhDs).

Obtaining a bachelor's degree can take students 3 years, 4 year, or much longer, depending on whether they study part time or full time and how aggressively they pursue their degrees. I obtained two degrees, so my undergraduate (bachelor's degree) studies took me 5 years. I later got a master's degree, which is normally a two-year process, but I did it in one.

Burgmeister & Royce (which to my American ears sounds like the name of a law firm, not a school) appears to be a standard liberal arts 4-year college/university. It must also be private, as public universities in the US generally all have the word "state" as part of their name and/or the name of the state itself (for example, New York University, Michigan State University, the University of Texas, etc.).

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024

View attachment 3910803
So, Josy is at Bella's place. Question is - is it an evening after Thanksgiving when MC, Derek, Maya (Sage - optionally) returns from Maya's place or another moment of episode when they/she visit Bella again. Considering her outfit in this new preview, it looks like an evening when the EP10 ends:

View attachment 3910815
The preview is outside Bella's book room where fuckface and Jill sleep in EP5 for those wondering.
Josy seems to be looking out the window.

View attachment 3910820
Good grief you guys are fast!

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
So, Josy is at Bella's place. Question is - is it an evening after Thanksgiving when MC, Derek, Maya (Sage - optionally) returns from Maya's place or another moment of episode when they/she visit Bella again. Considering her outfit in this new preview, it looks like an evening when the EP10 ends:
Well, since we already know that Josy will be there, and we can see nothing but her head and shoulders (I wanted to say bust, but it would be taken the wrong way here) and a closed door in the background, it clearly fits the "no spoiler preview" requirement.

Don't let those other posts fool you though, because what is definitely a spoiler, is that she's actually in the infamous "locked room" and that glow reflecting in her eyes is a bank of monitors showing CCTV footage of the remaining DIK house cameras that weren't found. But there's more! Josy is looking at live footage from her own room in the HOT house, because Bella has cameras there as well, and in the other houses too...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

View attachment 3910815
barring a non-linear narrative as in Chapter 9, where it started a few days after the closing of the eighth, the group at Bella's house will be the beginning of the eleventh chapter, and this preview seems to come from that very scene

Reactions: KaiserST and Kpyna

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
She's just looking out the window waiting for the crew to return from Maya's house, and probably worrying about the outcome. Josy is looking out the window towards the front of the house from the upstairs hallway with the fishing bowl behind her.
Maybe but to me she got a mad look going on

4.80 star(s) 1,544 Votes