MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
Moderators don't read the threads all the time. There are 30 of them for thousands of threads and new posts every day. They can't watch everything online. For moderation to work, you need to send a report on content that violates the rules. But the thing is that the memeing and simping you listed doesn't violate the rules, even if it annoys you. This is a discussion of the game, and with a year-long development cycle, people are simply bored. As long as no one gets personal, don't troll, or not discusses off-topic things, there is no need for a mod to come.
It wasn't always like this, but, the thing I like about the BaDIK thread, considering it's size, it very rarely gets personal and there is very little fighting. People laugh at others for their simping over their preferred waifu, but don't go on the attack and get personal about it. Waifu wars are virtually non-existent here. Some other threads could take some note of that. Most (all?) topics and conspiracies and theories have been done to death, although they raise their head every time a newbie pops in. Personally, I love a newbie coming in, like the excitement from that guy last week as he discovered new things on his BaDIK journey. On many other threads he would have been ignored or shut down. Most trolls don't last very long before they give up and move along and some of the the memes that are posted have me pissing myself laughing.

Most people here don't talk in absolutes, demanding that I am right and you are wrong. They mostly listen to others (except trolls of course) and there's no know-it-alls. The people here love the game and it's all done out of that love. Someone just asked for some pictures and half a dozen people have been searching their drives for the last hour to find some for him. Someone made a video we can show newbies how to download and work through BaDik. There is a friendliness here, that you don't find on most other threads. Anyway enough soppiness. Back to dreaming about the Lily/Sage threesome I'm gonna get in next update.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
It wasn't always like this, but, the thing I like about the BaDIK thread, considering it's size, it very rarely gets personal and there is very little fighting. People laugh at others for their simping over their preferred waifu, but don't go on the attack and get personal about it. Waifu wars are virtually non-existent here. Some other threads could take some note of that. Most (all?) topics and conspiracies and theories have been done to death, although they raise their head every time a newbie pops in. Personally, I love a newbie coming in, like the excitement from that guy last week as he discovered new things on his BaDIK journey. On many other threads he would have been ignored or shut down. Most trolls don't last very long before they give up and move along and some of the the memes that are posted have me pissing myself laughing.

Most people here don't talk in absolutes, demanding that I am right and you are wrong. They mostly listen to others (except trolls of course) and there's no know-it-alls. The people here love the game and it's all done out of that love. Someone just asked for some pictures and half a dozen people have been searching their drives for the last hour to find some for him. Someone made a video we can show newbies how to download and work through BaDik. There is a friendliness here, that you don't find on most other threads. Anyway enough soppiness. Back to dreaming about the Lily/Sage threesome I'm gonna get in next update.
1723547793088.gif

Nah I'm just kidding of course, you're spot on. Even if the mods sometimes act in mysterious ways... :HideThePain:

I love this community. I wouldn't make so many fucking memes if I didn't.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I have a bit of an odd request that I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with...

The shorter version first: I'm looking for in-game images (i.e., not fan art, but some legit special renders may work) of the girls. Ideally topless, but that's less important than the pose/viewpoint. I'm after full-face, head-on images that clearly show the girl in question, ideally at her "best". I know plenty of people have a treasure trove of images, so hopefully someone will have something that works perfectly!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you to any heroes who are able to assist me in this project!
I just thought of something.
When I was making my signatures, I went through a lot. A lot a lot a lot. A LOT of fucking pictures. In-game, rewards, Patreon, promotional, but no fan-art. My criteria was keeping it PG-13, with see-through being the limit. Mainly just so I didn't have to sift through all the fucking lewds too, but also there'd be more variety in the types of poses and expressions beyond just "sexy".
I removed the background from all of them to make clean profile pngs (of varying quality). I have way more than what's currently included in my sigs, too. If you're interested, hmu.

It's really crazy how much fucking content DPC has made, and he keeps increasing the size episode after episode. Shieeeeet, I'll probably have to redo my sigs to include new stuff from Episode 11 :eek: Gotta keep an eye on anything he updated/patched, too.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017

I think what really helps this along is that DPC delivers regular (massive) updates. An Internet forum this large is essentially an army, and a starving army quickly becomes a dangerous reactive mob.

Look at other games where they get scammy updates, the attitudes are hostile, people look for reasons to lash out at one another.

Meanwhile, there's no all that much to argue about here. No money is at stake, so all anyone can differentiate themselves on is LI (since Derek is universally beloved).

And none of the LIs have done much that is reprehensible (yet.. ?) so even then the discussions are pretty light.

19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017

I was going to wait until Friday to announce this, but I didn't want to overshadow the Status update, so I'm posting this today.

Patreon has given creators some bad news that affects everyone using their platform - creators and patrons.

You can read Patreon's announcement on it .

View attachment 3926867

TLDR
I'll put the TLDR here.

• Don't use Patreon's app on any Apple device to sign up for creators; you may be billed 30% extra because of Apple, or the creator will have to pay Apple that 30% out of their pocket.
  • Creators using pay-per-creation or first-of-the-month billing are forced to change to a subscription model because of Patreon's deal with Apple, and now all of those creators - me including - must rethink our entire business models.

Thanks for reading,

Dr PinkCake
I hate Apple :mad::mad::mad:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Should I tell everything? :HideThePain:

You with Spock and Roger came to the thread at a relatively calm time. There were fights, drama, waifu wars most of the time. Maya vs Quinn wars that went into the political spectrum, with some calling Quinn fans nazis and Maya fans being called woke in response, Jill fans who mostly left because she was teased as a goblin and raccoon, a political guy who created alt accounts and fought against an imaginary "woke agenda in being a dik" by harassing members here and even in the off-topic thread where they like to hang out. Quinn drama again, with a group of users harassing her fans. And some Quinn fans were also causing problems.
Many members were permanently banned. Also massive fights over Interlude, because a group of loud ones were "Fuck the blue-haired girl, she delayed Ep.9, reeeeee!" Drama because of the development time. DPC's white knights vs "dev is a milker" brigade.
And the most recent is Josy drama. Many people, including me, didn't like Josy's character development and what she's became and ofc we shared our thoughts( Josy was very high when I was a rookie in BaDIK) and a group of her stans took it very personally, and this went on for months. As the thread is now memeing Josy, it's just fragments of the dramatic events that happened recently.
A lot of people left this place and prefer to post in several off-topic threads or Discord channels, because this place was much more toxic most of time.
But now this thread is less toxic now than ever and I hope it will be like this.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
So what you're saying is my arrival coincided with an era of peace and prosperity? Or even... ushered it in? :cool:
Hehe. No that's just a stupid joke. But forums likes this do tend to attract..... eh, highly passionate people. Just the fact that it's for AVNs means a sense of civility and empathy are seen as optional at best. I've had this account for a long time, but only really started lurking in this thread relatively recently. It's definitely gotten better in that short period.
1723552310017.gif

Also I thought Milton had an older, previous account.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia
Sep 2, 2020
I just thought of something.
When I was making my signatures, I went through a lot. A lot a lot a lot. A LOT of fucking pictures. In-game, rewards, Patreon, promotional, but no fan-art. My criteria was keeping it PG-13, with see-through being the limit. Mainly just so I didn't have to sift through all the fucking lewds too, but also there'd be more variety in the types of poses and expressions beyond just "sexy".
I removed the background from all of them to make clean profile pngs (of varying quality). I have way more than what's currently included in my sigs, too. If you're interested, hmu.

It's really crazy how much fucking content DPC has made, and he keeps increasing the size episode after episode. Shieeeeet, I'll probably have to redo my sigs to include new stuff from Episode 11 :eek: Gotta keep an eye on anything he updated/patched, too.
i gotta have jade sig if you're doing one. But regardless, its cool to see real passion even if its over some virtual waifus. Hope you have fun doing it.

Reactions: Better Cock Spock

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
Should I tell everything? :HideThePain:

But now this thread is less toxic now than ever and I hope it will be like this.
I'm out of reactions, so I can't give your post the heart.jpg I wanted to. But I agree 100% that i hope it stays like this.

So what you're saying is my arrival coincided with an era of peace and prosperity? Or even... ushered it in? :cool:
Hehe. No that's just a stupid joke. But forums likes this do tend to attract..... eh, highly passionate people. Just the fact that it's for AVNs means a sense of civility and empathy are seen as optional at best. I've had this account for a long time, but only really started lurking in this thread relatively recently. It's definitely gotten better in that short period.

I did, but I didn't wander into here very much, every time I did I saw some of the things Geralt mentioned, so I turned around and went straight back out again.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
i gotta have jade sig if you're doing one. But regardless, its cool to see real passion even if its over some virtual waifus. Hope you have fun doing it.
It was a very long process. I'd get as many pics as possible, start whittling it down to some finalists, but then I'd change my mind and re-add some rejects, then start all over, broaden or narrow my criteria, and so on. Then when it came to editing, I'd try to make it as clean and neat as possible, then certain edits would take fucking forever so I start caring less and get a little sloppy, but then I bounce back and get hyper focused, shooting for perfection. And so on and so on. If any of this sounds like a certain dev, I'm aware of the irony :HideThePain: But at least I actually completed my goal!

So yeah it was a lot of fun :ROFLMAO:
I did, but I didn't wander into here very much, every time I did I saw some of the things Geralt mentioned, so I turned around and went straight back out again.
The thread was beaten into submission :KEK:

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Moderators don't read the threads all the time. There are 30 of them for thousands of threads and new posts every day. They can't watch everything online. For moderation to work, you need to send a report on content that violates the rules. But the thing is that the memeing and simping you listed doesn't violate the rules, even if it annoys you. This is a discussion of the game, and with a year-long development cycle, people are simply bored. As long as no one gets personal, don't troll, or not discusses off-topic things, there is no need for a mod to come.
So it's basically the difference between repairing things when they break down and doing regular maintenance so things never actually break down?

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
View attachment 3927590

I'm out of reactions, so I can't give your post the View attachment 3927594 I wanted to. But I agree 100% that i hope it stays like this.

Well, some event definitely help this thread gotten better.
But if anything, then thanks to Spock and other newcomers, you're filled the emptiness during this long wait.
I used to be very active here, now I just drop in occasionally. I'm too lazy to even make some meme.

4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes